Corridors

Register
Sign in

PV Rhea Bishop  Eyes Wide Shut

What in the world was she doing? 

Surely, she had gone out of her mind. Maybe for real this time. The set curfew was long gone and here was Frost, still out in the corridors. Never had she stayed out past the curfew before, scared to get into trouble. Even as a second year. Nobody needed unnecessary trouble. The girl had never been one to ever get caught up in problems. Heck, she could barely remember the last time she did. 

Maybe she would've been in bed if she had half a brain and the decency to keep track of the time. How hard was it really to do such a simple task? Could it just be her pre-teenage brain that urged her to get out of bed? She had just been laying there thinking about how long it had been since she went star gazing. It was one of her favorite things to do and it reminded her of all the times she used to look through a telescope with her dad and siblings. 

But not even two floors up, her darn conscience hit her like a point-blank bullet to the gut. It didn't hurt her physically, but she whatever had urged her to go in the first place had so quickly subsided in that moment. Now, she was realizing how absolutely stupid it was for her to be out here. There was no way she wanted to get into trouble. Not tonight, or ever if she could help it. 

Frost had just fully processed what she was doing and stopped in her tracks. It was quiet in the halls as she made her way back. Almost too quiet save for a few echoed footsteps that could be heard. Seemed far away enough for her not to be seen. Her feet moved at a fast pace solely out of how much she wanted to get back into bed and pretend this never even happened. 

Hazel eyes glued to her feet as they moved forward, feeling as though she knew the route well enough. Everything kept low in fear of being seen. That was until she bumped straight into something else. It was solid and it was enough to knock her back a little. Just enough to make her traverse back and catch herself from tripping. Frost's head snapped up just as quick, scanning the area before her for the thing she had ran into. 

"Oh dear, I'm so very sorry." The lump in her throat grew hard to swallow as her eyes met with the other's blue ones. The girl before her was a few inches taller than her and it was making it worse for her. For certain, the last thing she wanted right now was for her to be angry with Frost. 
Last edited by Frost Cira on 4th November 2018, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And her heart was the best part, it would always calm the storm for those scared of a little rain.
Frosty Cira

NIGHTTIME had always intrigued the young Bishop heiress. The way everything was completely quiet, dark - or at least barely illuminated - made her want to stay up as long as possible just to take in everything she could. Besides, there were so many things she could do at night that she couldn't during the day - so why in the world would she go sleep? Hogwarts at night was beautiful, with the torches and the paintings and the suits of armor... Oh, she could go on forever. 

Yes, she realized that she was staying up past curfew - but she technically was patrolling the halls. Just enjoying the night peace that came with it as well. A smile never leaving her face, Rhea slowly walked through the halls, making her way through the floors that she was supposed to patrol. Although, she wasn't really looking with a careful eye for rule-breakers - she figured they would hear her coming and would scram, so she wouldn't even find them anyway. 

The candles and torches lining the corridors provided adequate light for Rhea to be able to see in front of her, but not enough to be able to see everything around her. It didn't bother her, though, for the only thing she needed to see was wherever she would step, in order not to trip or anything. As she made her way through the corridors, the girl began to hum underneath her breath - a soft lullaby that her nanny used to sing for her when she was younger, in order to make her fall asleep. The song itself brought up memories and nostalgia, which spurred a few tears to appear. She wiped her eyes furiously and blinked the tears out; why was she crying?

Too focused on getting rid of the sudden tears that had appeared for absolutely no reason, Rhea ended up not looking in front of her and bumped into something right in front of her. Squeaking, Rhea began to wave her arms wildly to stop herself from falling. Her eyes widened and she stared at what she had just bumped into - it was a short girl, a few inches shorter than her. At the apology that fell out of the girl's mouth, Rhea's eyes widened even more and she waved her off. "Oh, no, it's quite alright! I wasn't looking in front of me, it's completely my fault," the redhead smiled sheepishly, and rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "Sorry."

She hoped the other girl wasn't too shaken up by Rhea walking into her. "But hey, why are you up so late? You do know it's past curfew, right?" Rhea had no plans of busting the girl for being up at this time of night, especially when she herself was up. Maybe the other girl also wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet that the night provided, or perhaps she just wanted to get away from her rowdy dormitory. Realizing that the question was a bit intrusive, Rhea pressed her lips together and added on, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I didn't mean to pry."

the trouble is, if you don't risk anything -- you risk more.
♕ℛ ♕
Strength: 9; Ability: 8; Control: 8; Stamina: 10

The girl right in front of her was unintentionally intimidating in that moment. Maybe in a different circumstance she wouldn't have seemed to be, but right now, this girl was scaring the living daylights of of Frost. Perhaps not intentionally, but there was nothing the redhead wanted to avoid more than trouble. And judging by the time of night it was and that she had just run into a prefect, the odds of her dodging the detention was very slim. 

She was shocked when she had apologized and said it was her fault instead. Was this girl not going to bust her? Couldn't she have just skipped the apology and went straight to the yelling? So the Hufflepuff couldn't help but feel weirdly relieved, her eyebrows knitted ever so slightly. It was silent in the halls. Complete silence except for the low speaking of the girl and her thoughts. The redhead was already working on an apology speech in her head. 

"Heh, it is very late yes I know." Frost let out a sigh, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear while staring at the girl's much similar hair. She was a redhead as well, and the fact made her smile a bit. "Oh, no. You aren't prying, no worry." Hazel eyes traced the shape of a torch on the wall, watching the light flicker. How the dim orange light cast itself on the stone wall nearest to it. "Honestly, I was in bed until a weird feeling came over me, almost like calling me to go look at the stars again." She spoke in a quiet tone, voice like honey in the dull stone setting. "Merlin knows how long it's been since the last time I did. There's just some things you can't do in the daytime. Surely you must know." 

Oddly enough, the girl wasn't tired. Though usually she was asleep by this time. But her mind was going five-hundred miles an hour. All she could think of was how much trouble she was about to be in and how she should have just stayed in bed. None of this would have even happened if she had just stayed sensible. But there was no going back. Frost slouched her shoulders and the corners of her lips were down-turned. She shrugged. "So detention it is, huh? That is what happens, right?"

And her heart was the best part, it would always calm the storm for those scared of a little rain.
Frosty Cira