Corridors

Register
Sign in

Blood isn't all

The Octoberfest was only halfway, but Louisa felt tired, and decided she wanted to go to bed. She stood up, said goodbye to a few fellow Slytherin's and walked away from the table. She walked around the corner, revealing two pumpkin pastries she snuck into her pockets. She took a bite of one, enjoying the soft and sweet flavour. She always liked it when the castle was dark, and only the torched lit up the place. It felt warm, and like home. Though she wished her brother Jona was here was well, he would love it.

Louisa took the stairs down to the basement corridor, but stopping as she heard voices. Voices which sounded mean, and said mean words.
Louisa looked around the corner, and she saw a group of two boys, and two girls standing around a smaller girl.
She recognised the group as third year Slytherin's, with head of them all a chubby guy, she remembered from earlier, when he shoved a Hufflepuff into the wall on purpose.

"You're a fake," He said to the small girl. "Mud-bloods don't belong here in Slytherin." He said. The word caused a shiver to run through her veins. She took off her black robes, grabbed her wand, and remembered the first spells her mother taught her. She grabbed a small stone that was lying on the ground next to her, and threw it at the bullies. They turned around, and when they saw no one standing in the corridor they screamed, and ran away from the girl, and from Louisa.

Louisa quickly jogged to the girl, who she saw had tears on her cheeks.

"It's okay, don't cry. They're just jealous."Louisa said, giving the girl one of her warm smiles.

"They're just jealous that someone who is Muggle-born, has the ablity to get into the strongest house! Don't worry, I got you," Louisa offered the girl her other pumpkin pastry.

"My name is Louisa, Louisa Dukov, but you can call me Lou. What's your name?"
Last edited by Louisa Dukov on 28th October 2018, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blood isn't all

Emma lifted her head and met the eyes of another first-year. She then noticed the tears on her face. Embarrassed, Emma quickly wiped away the tears on her face. The girl, who called herself Lou, had her hand outstretched offering Emma a pumpkin pastry. Hesitantly, Emma took the pastry but didn't eat it.

"My name is Emma Blue. Thank you for saving me, but don't you agree. I don't deserve to be in slytherin. Honestly I don't know what I'm doing here at all. I'm a 'muggle' as you call us. I don't know magic.

Emma looked into the girls eyes, they were warm and inviting and the girls presence just seemed to bring happiness to the corridor. Emma took a bite of the pastry that Lou had given her. It was delicious! She had never had anything like it at home. Emma concluded that it must be made with magic because no normal human could ever make something so tasty.
It was incredible, one second Emma was cornered and being called name that she didn't understand. The next, a girl had saved her and made her feel happy for a moment. This girl reminded her of a friend Emma used to have back in Dublin. She felt comfortable with her.

"By the way, what does 'mudblood' mean. I understand its a derogatory word, but I don't understand what it means. I was raise by muggles so you'll have to forgive me for not knowing about these things"

~Emma~

Blood isn't all

Louisa chuckled, as she saw the girl enjoying her Pumpkin Pastry.

Emma is a pretty name! Louisa sat down on the ground.

"By the way, what does 'mudblood' mean. I understand its a derogatory word, but I don't understand what it means. I was raise by muggles so you'll have to forgive me for not knowing about these things" Emma asked, clearly afraid of the answer that Louisa might give.

Louisa sighed, and gave Emma a worried look.

"First of all," Louisa began, gesturing to the girl to sit down next to her. You're not a Muggle. Muggles are people without magic. My mother calls them No-Maj, like, no magic." She chuckled when she thought of her mom. Yes, mom who grew up in America, where they call Muggles No-Maj.

"And second, Mudblood, It’s a disgusting thing to call someone. Not often heard in a conversation. It roughly means dirty blood.
N-not that you have dirty blood of course. But it's what people like that guy love to call people who are Muggle-Born."
Louisa took a deep breath, worrying if she didn't unintentionally insult Emma. She really didn't want to hurt her even more.

"But I always thought that Muggle-Borns are more experienced. In my opinion, you know more about the world then us Wizard-borns."

Louisa hoped she had given Emma a good feeling about herself, and hoped that she wouldn't be all to bothered by the dirty words that were spoken to her a couple of minutes ago.

Blood isn't all

As Lou spoke, she gestured for Emma to sit next to her. Emma did so. The floor was cold and uncomfortable, but she was too curious to care. Lou told her that a Muggle, or No-Maj, is someone without magic and how Emma is not one. This fact gave Emma a sinking feeling. A feeling that she would never be a normal girl ever again. Not that she was before, but now she'll never have a chance to. Lou then began to explain what a mudblood is. She said it meant 'dirty blood'. Emma gave Lou a confused face which Lou confused to be insult. Lou quickly apologized, but Emma waved her hand as if say "It's alright, I know you didn't mean it"

After Lou finished her explanation, Emma sat back and processed the words. It was all so scary, learning a whole new way of life, but this kind girl was helping make the transition easier.

"Wow" Emma finally said, "Thank you for your kindness. But, I don't know about us knowing more though. If there's an entire community of people living without our knowledge, that makes us pretty unobservant.
Emma laughed and shifted her legs to be more comfortable on the floor.

"Anyhow, where were you going? I see you just left the fest, were you just bored?"

Emma thought about why she left, some of the students at the Slytherin table had began the conversation of families when suddenly it was Emma's turn to share her story. She explained that she was a muggle born and had no idea of magic before. Her words cause the bullies from before to run over and poke fun at her. A few third-years tried to stop them but it was no use. Emma then excused herself to use the restroom but was followed. That leads right up unto this moment, here sitting on the ground with her savior.

~Emma~

Blood isn't all

"Thank you for your kindness. But, I don't know about us knowing more though. If there's an entire community of people living without our knowledge, that makes us pretty unobservant."Emma said, while she stretched her legs.

"Well, I for example, know nothing about how Muggles live, or what their ways are, I was grown up into a Wizarding family, so I know nothing about that!"
Louisa said. She was sometimes very curious to how Muggles lived. She heard a lot about them from her parents, and was sometimes really curious about the way they lived.

"Anyhow, where were you going? I see you just left the fest, were you just
bored?"

Louisa chuckled, thinking about how she stole some pastries, and planned on eating them in the Slytherin Common Room, but now sharing them with Emma instead.

"I was tired, and secretly bored and Hungry. I got the two pastries and left," Louisa chuckled. "And those delicious pastries were just laying there. My mother likes to make them too! You know, maybe I can bring some one day, hers are even better!" Louisa said, her mouth watering about the thought of her mother's pastries. Her mother loves cooking and baking very much.

"She also loves to make Butterbeer Cupcakes," Louisa said with a smile, but quickly frowned when Emma didn't show any sign of recognition. Louisa mumbled a quick Oh right.

"It's a beverage, which us Dukov's love, and I think a lot of other Wizards love it as well! It tastes a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch, a little caramel like, but so much better!"

Blood isn't all

Emma laughed along with Lou as she told her story. She was also secretly grateful that Lou had grabbed two instead of one.

Lou then went on to tell Emma about a "Butterbeer Cupcake" her mom makes, but the word didn't ring a bell. Apparently Emma's confusion showed on her face because not long after, Lou was explaining herself to Emma.

"It's a beverage, which us Dukov's love, and I think a lot of other Wizards love it as well! It tastes a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch, a little caramel like, but so much better!"

"Oh right! I think I had some of that the first day I came. I was very good so I'm guessing those cupcakes are great!

Emma's mouth began to water too. She recalled the time she first came to Hogwarts and was at the Slytherin house table for the first time. After the food appearing made her almost lose her seat, she tried all kinds of different wizard foods. Emma's stomach grumbled and the sound echoed across the hall. She then remembered that she hadn't eat yet since she tried to leave the party so early.

"Oh I'm starving, I haven't had anything to eat today until you gave me that pumpkin pastry. Is there any food in the common room?"

Emma prayed to whatever wizard god she was supposed to believe in now that there was food up there. Emma was never a hungry person in the first place, but she hadn't eaten all day and she felt if she didn't eat soon, her stomach will take matters into its own hands and eat her organs.

~Emma~

Blood isn't all

Louisa felt sorry for the fact that Emma hadn't had anything to eat at all. She looked at her pocket watch, one she got from her grandfather, and saw that the hall was open for at least one more hour.

"No, in the common room there isn't any food left... but we could go to the Great Hall, the feast isn't yet over!"Louisa said, smiling.

Somewhere she was wondering if she wasn't talking too much. She always talked to much when she made new friends, maybe it just excited her to make Slytherin friends.

Having someone in the first year is a real benefit for Louisa, and she was excited to tell Emma, who was born in a Muggle world, all about things of the Wizarding world, for example, Quidditch, what her father really loves, or Dark Arts, what her mom adores and used to teach at Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and Louisa had an interest in ever since the happening with her uncle.
And maybe she could tell Emma some beautiful stories, about this world.

Louisa stood up, offering Emma a hand.

"We can go now? Now is most likely that there's some good stuff left, and we can sneak that into the common room, and sit there. It's warmer there you know." Louisa chuckled.