Corridors

Register
Sign in

It's Been Awhile  P.V. Liliafix Tinderly 

Since classes began, Tina has been busy completing homework, participating in clubs, and attending classes. By the time she got to her dorm, she would crash into her bed and fall asleep within seconds. It bothered her that she didn't have time to herself to relax with a book or write a short story, but she enjoyed learning in most of her classes and was getting kinda comfortable talking to people. She still could never walk up to a random person and start talking to them or get up in front of a crowd and talk out loud, but those were things she would learn to do in her time at Hogwarts.

After waiting for what felt like years, the staircases shifted to face the corridors. She sprinted down the stairs before decelerating her pace as she enjoyed the scenery of the castle. Instead of eating dinner in the Great Hall with the Oktoberfest decorations, she was observing how the castle looks at night. Despite her slow strides, she managed to trip on her big, brown, laced, tight boots that reached her knee, because her large white dungarees made her movements ungainly even with a small red t-shirt underneath it. The heavy gray and black striped bookbag that she carried on her back wasn't helping. All her good clothes were still in the laundry due to her forgetfulness.

While walking, Tina's stomach grumbled as if it would never see food again. She had already promised to feed it in the morning, but it kept insisting on food. She remains adamant in her decision by walking farther down the dimly lit walkway. She suddenly felt cold as a slight breeze blew out a few of the torches. Suddenly, she felt scared as she frantically looked around for an open window. Where had the wind come from? She didn't know that many spells to defend herself and her outfit didn't make it any easier to run.

She hid behind a knight's armor as she curled into a ball and shut her eyes. Why didn't she try to become friends with a second year? Why wasn't she as brave as the most courageous Gryffindor? Why didn't she write a letter to her parents? Why didn't she spend more time with Liliafix? She should've went to the Great Hall, she thought as she opened her eyes to face her fears. She breathes with relief as she recognizes a familiar face...
Last edited by Amadea Campbell on 27th October 2018, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed topic type to RPG :)

Tina Addington
~Strive for Success, Kill with Kindness, Defeat and Destroy, Read and Recall

Liliafix felt the cold breeze as well and shivered. There was nowhere for the wind to come from, which frightened the easily startled Ravenclaw. As the torches went out, she trembled and looked for a hiding place. The only available spot was an armor stand, but it would have to do. Liliafix crouched down behind it, hoping she imagined the breeze. She was afraid, but her eyes were wide open, searching for danger. what spells did she know? Um... Her professor had talked about Periculum and Verdimillius. But Liliafix had not finished her homework, and she was doubtful she could perform those spells. Her eyes darted back and forth, and her grip tightened on her wand.

She gasped a sigh of relief as she spotted Tina behind a different armor stand. She had missed her dorm mate, being too busy to spend any time with her. Maybe she had done the cold breeze thingy? But Tina seemed just as worried as Liliafix. Then who did?

Some snickers from across the hallway took Liliafix's attention. Some fourth-year boys had pulled some prank, and Tina and Liliafix were at the end of it. Liliafix thought they might have conjured some sort of Ventus Jinx to put the torches out. She had read about the spell, but could not perform it herself. After the pesky pranksters left, Liliafix stood up and reached her hand out to Tina with a small smile on her face. "Long time, no see, huh?"

Reducio
Sorry it took me so long! I just reached the end of a quarter in school, so I've been studying like crazy. I should be more active now, thanks for being patient!

Liliafax Timberly

Graciously, Tina took her hand as Liliafix pulled her up. It had been so long since she had seen her that she almost forgot how pretty she was. Her bright blue eyes glowed in dim lighting and her blonde hair seemed like perfection compared to her poorly combed one. Remembering the cruel prank the boys had played, she made a mental note to send them a nice potion someday. She didn't mind if they scared her, but she hated the idea of them scaring her friend as she saw how frazzled she was. Concerned, she asked, "Are you ok? What are you doing here?"

As she waited for a response, she felt her normally pale face gain a slight pink color. It rarely turned red unless she was really, really embarrassed. Liliafix had caught her at time of fear and she felt ashamed for being weak. She knew she wasn't the bravest person in the world, but she most certainly wasn't the most timid. She was working everyday to put herself out there and refused to return to being a completely shy girl with the worst social skills. She hung her head with great disappointment in herself. She would have to make up for it by journeying down the long, twisted dark corridors. She would not identify as a wimp that the fourth year prankers clearly took her as.

Reducio
That's alright. I've been pretty busy too! If your going to be more active, will you be working on Ravenclaw homework as well?

Tina Addington

Liliafix felt a pang of empathy as she looked at Tina. She seemed very nervous and embarrassed. Liliafix certainly didn't want Tina to feel this way- after all, Liliafix had fell for the prank as well, hadn't she? her heart beat must have been beating faster than the wings of a hummingbird. At least Tina could hold up a conversation, instead of turning into a stuttering mess like Liliafix did.
"Are you okay? What are you doing here?"
Liliafix swallowed nervously before opening her mouth to answer.
I-uh- I-um...
Not this again! Tina is a lovely, kind person, not to mention your roommate! You have no reason to be so shy! thought Liliafix.
"I-uh- I was just headed to the astronomy tower to do some homework, but I got lost."
Liliafix realized how much this sounded like a stupid excuse- but it wasn't! She had originally been headed to the astronomy tower. She just got lost in thought. Very lost in thought, so much so that she wasn't even really paying attention to her direction and ended up going downstairs rather than up. Liliafix really had missed Tina- they had so much in common, they could be great friends. But with all her studying, Liliafix hadn't had time to spare. Wait a second....
"Where were you off to? I mean- I guess it doesn't matt- what I'm trying to ask is are you busy?" Liliafix's nervousness quickened her voice, but at least she wasn't stuttering anymore. " Because if you aren't- I could really use a study buddy." "That way, we could get our homework done in time to do other stuff." "Plus, we really need to come up with our revenge plan, don't we?"
Liliafix gave a mischievous smile, an expression she rarely used.

Reducio
Yes, I'm dong everything I can to earn more points for Ravenclaw! We can't let those Hufflepuffs win again, can we? It usually takes me a while to get a single piece of homework done, though, as Liliafix strives to be a 'straight O' student. Right now she's got an 'E' average, though. If our characters became study buddies, we could maybe sneak in some OOC help for each other, too!

Liliafax Timberly

Tina wondered why Liliafix hesitated before she answered her question. Was she keeping secrets? Perhaps she was a little nervous since it's been awhile since they talked.
"I-uh- I was just headed to the astronomy tower to do some homework, but I got lost."
"I thought we weren't allowed to go into the astronomy tower without a prefect or a teacher's permission?" She had read the Hogwarts rule handbook with hopes of finding a loophole, but the rules were so thorough that she only ended up memorizing the book instead. It was still pretty early in the year, so she understood how Liliafix could've been lost. 
"Where were you off to? I mean- I guess it doesn't matt- what I'm trying to ask is are you busy?"  " Because if you aren't- I could really use a study buddy." "That way, we could get our homework done in time to do other stuff." "Plus, we really need to come up with our revenge plan, don't we?"
She was going to head down the corridor to explore, but she didn't see any reason why she couldn’t study with Liliafix. She hadn’t finished a lot of homework and there were still some things that she didn’t understand. Maybe they could practice some spells that would prove to be  useful... “I wouldn’t mind being your study buddy since I’m not really busy. It will ensure that we spend more time together and I kinda like the sound of a revenge plan.”

Tina wasn’t ordinarily a vindictive person. However, when someone messed with the people she was close to, her dark side often became exposed. “Do you still want to go to the lower section of the astronomy classroom? We could also visit a different classroom if you want?”
Reducio
I can’t believe they won three times in a row! We have a lot of heavy hitters, but they have more active members. It takes me forever just to finish one hogwarts homework that I almost don’t get done my irl homework. I would be honored to be your study buddy and I’m happy to pass along some OOC help as well. 

Tina Addington