Corridors

Register
Sign in

The Girl With Spiky Hair  PV Stella Rose   Closed 

Private RPG with Stella Rose
Place: Hallways
Time: 10:43 AM

Tap, tap, tap went Dot's shoes as she tried to walk as fast as she could on the stoned floor of one the unnamed hallways of the magical castle. Her flowing dark brown hair were tied neatly in a half-pony tail design, wrapped in an elastic band the same color as her crisp, ironed uniform with the Gryffindor crest on it. Lips pursed, face set; she was definitely in a hurry.

And she had no reason not to be - she could not miss yet another History of Magic class. She had gotten a big, fat E on her homework assignment paper for the first class, even though all her answers were correct. Why, you might ask? For being only a tad bit late to the class. Hmph. She's been keeping her best attitude since, coming to the class earlier than most students, trying hard, getting all Os (except for the first one). But would the professor forget her first impression? Nope, not at all.

Gripping the leather of her plain, black brown tightly in her hands, she jogged to the end of the hallway, a huff escaping her lips every time her left foot planted on the floor. With tight lips, she glanced at a nearby statue just as she was turning to go round to another corridor when -

SLAM!

She was forced a few steps back before finally her left foot mingled with her right one, causing her to unbalance and fall on her rear end. The impact made her feel a jitter through her weak bones and she vibrated for a moment, before realizing what had happened. She had slammed into someone.

But she couldn't notice that someone just yet. Her mouth twitched with irritation when she saw that when she fell, the side of her book bag ripped and a few of her books fell out. Snorting, she glared at the ground. She was already two minutes late. Why this had to happen?

Slowly, she looked up at the person and noticed a Hufflepuff badge. The yellow badger instantly filled her with displeasure. Even though Dot had been named the second best student of the month, the girl in front of her still belonged to a house which was winning over Gryffindor from two months in a row.

Her voice dripping with annoyance, she muttered loudly, "Can't you just watch where you're going?!"

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."

Stella needed to go. Fast. The History of Magic teacher was as strict as a straight ruler, and she was sure to fail the semester if this kept going on. Stella suddered at the sight of the fat T. Not bothering to comb her hair, which she never did anyways, Stella buzzed down the hallway with a stack of books.

Stella's hair was spiky and blue, for reasons she couldn't explain. Her robes were rumpled, and her eyes were wild. Staring down at the yellow Hufflepuff crest, the girl wondered again why she wasn't a Slytherin. No time for that!

Stella took off down a corner, passing rows of gleaming knights in armor. Her blck combat boots echoed through the halls. But that wasn't the only noise...Stella stopped short as a Gryffindor girl smacked into her head-on. Stella stumbled backwards as the girl hit the floor. She was about to apologize when the girl snapped out: "Can't you just watch where you're going?!"

Stella frowned at the brash girl. That girl had ran into her! What was she talking about? Stella's particular un-Hufflepuff nature kicked in and she sneered down without meaning to. She clutched her leather notebook she wrote in to her chest and snapped back at the girl.

"I don't think I was the one who walked into you."

The girl, Stella noted, had plain brown hair that cascaded down her back in gentle waves, caught up in a ponytail. Her uniform was neat and ironed, perfectly crisp in every way. Even the crest was spotless. It made Stella's ripped jeans and leather vest under her ragged muddy robes from her time spent at the Great Lake look like absolute garbage.

Assumptions floated through Stella's mind. This girl looked like she came from a rich family, by the way everything about her looked painted on. The girl had no blemishes to be seen. She looked like something off of a shiny book cover for magical zit cream.

Stella felt a little pride to see that the girls bookbag was ripped, but nothing else seemed to be damaged. Stella's pale skin and piercing eyes seemed to shiver a bit as she waited for a reasonable explanation and perhaps a name to associate with.

Outside of a dog, a dog is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's dark
- Groucho Marx

To be honest, Dot got a bit surprised when she heard the girl snap back at her. Dot stared at her for only a second, then her lips worked quickly and formed the next words. "Oh, of course. All my fault. Like, you weren't just standing there waiting for some knight in shining armor to save you from the corridor at all, yeah?." A roll of eyes, then Dot brushed to her feet in a swift, though not completely graceful, manner.

It was stupid of the girl to think that only Dot ran into her. If she'd be completely soundless across the corridor, anybody would run in her. Creep. With a quick motion, she took out her sleek wand out of her robes' pocket and pointed it at ripped bag. She twisted her wrist, forcing her wand to move in an inward spiral motion, while she pronounced nicely, "Reparo!"

The book bag mended itself in front of her eyes, the ripped fabric coming together around the books and stitching itself back. In a second, the Mending Charm showed its magic, and the bag was spotless. After she picked it up and wore it properly like before, she gave the girl a distasteful glance. Without realizing, Dot was hoping that the girl would recall her as the second most intelligent student of the month. Her name was written in the Entrance Hall, right next to the first-place holder.

Though instead of reminding the girl, she just said, "Now if you'd be so kind as to step aside, ma'am, I'd like to rush to my History class. Some people actually care about their grades." Another roll of eyes, before Dot wondered if the girl was in her History of Magic class as well. Well, her spiky hair did look a bit familiar...

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."

"Oh, of course. All my fault. Like, you weren't just standing there waiting for some knight in shining armor to save you from the corridor at all, yeah?"

Stella scowled at the girl as the girl fixed up her bookbag with Reparo. Stupid spell.

"Now if you'd be so kind as to step aside, ma'am, I'd like to rush to my History class. Some people actually care about their grades."

"As a matter of fact," Stella snapped. "I'm heading to History Class too."

The girl had already rolled her eyes several times, but when she did again, Stella remembered the moving picture on the leaderboard for most house points.

"You're Dot Dutt, aren't you? Not the 'best' student to me," Stella sniped. But Dot did look pressed and ironed and spat out with tidy student written all over her forehead in red permanent ink. Dot's hair was brushed, her robes were neat, everything about her sparkled. Of course she was a favorite.

Stella however, knew as a fact, that this girl had most likely been in on the teasing when someone spread a rumor she was crazy and mental. No doubt about it. So why was Dot getting all of this attention when she was no better then the rest? Not that Stella cared about her reputation much. She had actually started to like her psychopath title.

"Well, I'm taking the shortcut. Care to join?" Stella asked coldly, trying to make sure Dot didn't detect any hint of warmth in her tone. If this girl was, in fact, Dot Dutt, second place in the rankings for most house points...

- Groucho Marx

"Huh," Dot adjusted the strap of her book bag, mainly just fidgeting until she was sure it was near perfect. Ah, the merits of being a perfectionist. "Like I care."

So what if this girl was going to the class as well? Loads of people go to the History class, but they don't announce it in a loud voice for the earth to listen. Checking the time on her pure black wristwatch, she was about to march ahead when the girl spoke up again, about her identity.

"Of course I am Dot Dutt, but you see, not everyone is privileged enough to see the best of me." Dot shrugged a shoulder as if she didn't actually said something worth the term 'biting'. She was about to say, Won't I get the honor of knowing your name? because the girl looked badass enough to be a proud, purist pure-blood that Dot so hated, but then she stopped herself and did not continue. She didn't need to know her name.

Dot's behaviour surprised her. Usually, she was this nice and kind girl who's always open for help. She's pleasant and polite to people and thinks over before speaking. But today, she was getting a bit...rude, we can say. She had no idea why, and she wasn't liking this sudden change either, but still.

Dot thought through the girl's offer of a shortcut to class for a moment. She is too stubborn to actually let someone who just bickered with her help her, but if she will be any more late to the class, she will get an E again, which will basically ruin her straight Os. Deciding, she said, "Oh, I'd like to see what you know about shortcuts to classes." It was a 'yes please' in disguise, but Dot tried her best to hide that from her tone, and successfully did her job.

Stella cruelly smiled, as her behavior that made her wish to be a Slytherin kicked in. Yes, she knew a shortcut, all you had to do was cut through the Trophy Room and take a swift left at the painting of the woman in a frilly dress, but as payback, perhaps she could ditch Dot in a corridor somewhere. It looked like Dot's perfect second place reputation was special to her, and a big E on her report card wouldn't help it.

Hiding her devilish grin, Stella gestured down the hallway. "Down here, if you please." Without looking to see if Dot was following or not, Stellla hurried down the hall, in the direction of the actual shortcut. Her mind began to wander to classes, pets, and of course, pranks. Also, Stella was thinking about her three latest catastrophes: Two falls into the Great Lake and a headfirst tumble into the Quidditch Pitch.

When Stella was sure they had passed the turnoff, she had to work harder than ever to suppress a grin. She was busy painting a picture of her in her usual leather vest, but this time devil horns popped out of her head and a forked tail curled around her legs. In her hands, there was a pitchfork. And Dot, of course, was dressed as a fancy angel.

Pretending to drop her books, knowing Dot wouldn't help her pick them up, Stella pointed ahead, trying to act reluctant about helping Dot. "Right down there and to the left. Keep walking until you find it. I'll be right behind you. And don't expect me to do this for you again. I was feeling particularly merciful today."

Stella started to gather her books, prepared to take off when Dot went around the corner,

- Groucho Marx