Corridors

Register
Sign in

Dynamic Duo  PV | Rosie Parker 

Amadea didn't always mind her Prefect patrolling. While it sometimes became tedious to always be on the watch in the corridors for anyone who might be goofing off and doing things that they weren't supposed to be doing, she sometimes enjoyed the walks. It got her in shape, at the very least, walking back and forth constantly. It also gave her a little bit of time to just think and be with herself. 

Amadea was the most stereotypical introvert. She needed the time to be alone and recharge her energy, and these times patrolling often gave her time to do this. She could think about things, sing songs in her head, and just take a break from the fast pace speed that was life at Hogwarts. 

Often, when she was patrolling there were not many people in the corridors with her. Maybe they were hanging out in their own common rooms or outside, but no matter where they were, they weren't in the common room. Amadea listened to the click of her shoes against the stone floor of the corridor as she walked down it, the sound echoing off of the walls. It was completely silent. While that might have freaked out someone else, it made Amadea feel more relaxed and calm. She felt more comfortable. The silence was welcoming. 

As Amadea turned the corner, heading into the next corridor, Amadea was still lost in her thoughts. At first, when she heard the footsteps, she thought it might just be her own imagination. She tended to get lost in her thoughts and it made it hard to distinguish between her thoughts and what was actually happening. As Amadea focused more, she realized that she wasn't imagining the footsteps. Who else was here? While she didn't usually encounter many people while patrolling, it wasn't unheard of to see another student, so Amadea tried to reassure of this as her mind immediately assumed the worst. Maybe it was just another student...or maybe it was someone coming to kill her. Amadea shook her head at her own stupidity. Of course it wasn't anyone that was going to kill her. Hogwarts had many safety measures put in place to make sure that every student was safe. Despite this, a voice in the back of her mind whispered: It didn't stop the Masked figure. 

The footsteps were quickly approaching from the other end of the corridor, so Amadea steeled herself for the person to appear. Hopefully it wasn't anyone that would be threatening her life because Amadea wasn't ready to die. "Hello?" she asked tentatively.

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

To say Rosie was proud to be a prefect was secretly an understatement.

When she got chosen for the position, she felt a surge of pride soar through her tiny 12 year old body. It felt like she could finally mean something to her house. Everyone that wasn't a Hufflepuff seemed to underestimate them, which made Rosie twitch a bit, but she understood. They were seen as the softies, the sensitive, the weak. Though, Rosie knew they were far from that. She would even argue that some people were more brave than half the people in Gryffindor.

So after Rosie took the position, she was eager to get to work and impress her fellow prefects and professors. She wanted to be seen as someone reliable, despite her being only 12, she wanted to be seen as someone who could work just as much as a 15 year old could.

The young Hufflepuff took the corridors, lightly making her way down the dark hallways. They held some dark memories for Rosie. The time she broke down into tears in the corner of the hallway, and Anatole and Eris fell down to her in pity. Or the last instance that Rosie could recall of Max saying anything rude to her.

She glanced at that same corner and huffed, brushing a strand of curly hair from in front of her eyes. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail that flowed down her back. Rosie's curly hair was long enough, she didn't even wanna imagine how long it'd be when she straightened it. She was considering to start straightening it, maybe she'd look prettier that way. Or more professional! Rosie shrugged as she turned a corner, humming gently.

"Hello?"

Rosie's head perked up at the sound of a familiar voice, and she grinned. She poked her head down a corner and there she was. Amadea. Rosie had gotten a bit familiar with her, but one thing was clear. They were the two most hardworking prefects as of the present, and their hard work seemed to connect them.

She waved to her and walked down the hall, seeing her slightly scared face. "Oof, it's just me, Amadea. Didn't think you'd be trailing the corridors the same time as me. Though at this point, it doesn't seem like we have much of a schedule." Rosie laughed, catching up with her so they'd be walking side by side.

Amadea's heart was beating and she could almost imagine the suspenseful music playing in the background as if she was in some sort of action movie. The villain was about to come around the corner. As the person came into view, Amadea got ready to either run or punch the person in the face. 

Once Amadea was able to get a glimpse of who the person actually was, however, she immediately felt embarrassed. It was only Rosie, her fellow Hufflepuff prefect. Of course, it was no one dangerous. Hogwarts was safe. Amadea was safe. Her imagination was just going overboard, just like it always did, making things into a completely different situation than things needed to be in. She shook her head, laughing at her stupidity. Thankfully, Rosie didn't seem too baffled by Amadea's unusual greeting and walked over with a smile. 

"Hi Rosie," Amadea greeted the girl, smiling. Amadea didn't know Rosie very well if she was being honest. The two had both been prefects since their first year, but they both had busy schedules and Amadea hadn't gotten to spend much one on one time with Rosie. In fact, she hadn't gotten to spend any time one on one with Rosie. Ever. Realizing that fact made Amadea fall silent for a second in surprise. Amadea really had to make more time in her schedule for her friends. 

Rosie commented about not having a schedule this year for patrolling and Amadea laughed and nodded. There had been a lot of staff changes for their second year, and Amadea knew that everyone was busy trying to get everything done and adjust to the schedule of working again. Plus, they were currently the only two Hufflepuff prefects and were spread thin trying to get everything done just between the two of them. 

"Oh boy, I can't wait until Professor Bonet appoints some new prefects," Amadea commented. She loved the people she worked with already, but there was so much work and they were down two prefects. "Hopefully they'll be able to get the hang of things quickly so they can help us out." Amadea couldn't wait to get some more help. Maybe she would actually be able to have time to finish her homework before midnight. 

"So how are you?" Amadea asked, trying to carry on the conversation. She wasn't exactly sure what to say. Amadea didn't really know anything about Rosie, but starting with a nice, easy question seemed like a good way to go.

A human. Being.

Rosie took a moment to slow down her footsteps as she approached Amadea.

On closer inspection, Rosie noticed something. She was just as tall as her fellow prefect now. She really must've hit that growth spurt. It made her chest well up with pride. Maybe if she was taller, people would take her more seriously! She internally patted herself on the back. Good job, Parker.

She had never talked to Amadea very often. Rosie had always stuck to her close circle of friends. Which, for a time, was mainly Anatole. However for some reason, he just disappeared from her life. He stopped talking to her, acknowledging her, and hanging out with some other new first years like they weren't best friends. It hurt for Rosie to think about, but it was life. People left! Besides, Rosie still had friends left. She had been so excited to reconnect with Eris and Rhea as soon as she got off the train. She could still remember how Eris had literally jumped on her.

Amadea started to talk about the possibility of new prefects and Rosie let out a big sigh of relief. "Finally. It feels like a lot of work for us two to manage an entire group of Hufflepuffs. It's not like they're as quiet and calm as people seem." She shook her head. "Not that they're not likable, we are the best house." Rosie grinned proudly.

She liked the leadership of being a prefect and all, but it kinda sucked when it was just her and Amadea. A duo of small 12 year olds in charge of the badger army. It wasn't overwhelming, but it was nice to think of the possibility of some new additions.

"How am I?" Rosie thought for a second, before shrugging. "I'm alright. School is harder this year, but I'm sure I can do it!" She exclaimed, encouraging herself. Rosie hadn't forgotten her optimism, it still stuck with her despite everything. Even though she was dangerously close to the god forsaken hell growing up stage. Otherwise known as puberty. Rosie wanted to hold on to her non-edginess a little longer. "How are you?"

Amadea smiled at Rosie as she matched her stride to Rosie's so they could carry on a conversation. Amadea found it a bit funny, almost ironic, that she and Rosie had never really interacted before. They both hung out with the same group of people, but Amadea felt as though she was more on the outskirts of Rosie's crowd, only included in it because of Adam and Rhea, while Rosie was right in the middle of it all. Even despite this, they were both Prefects and had been since the end of the year, but still hadn't spent much time hanging out. She supposed that was partly due to the fact that the professors enjoyed piling on homework, but there was still plenty of free time. 

Amadea nodded. There were a lot of Hufflepuffs and it was hard for the two of them to make sure everyone was doing the right thing. "Hopefully he'll choose them soon!" she said. "And you're right," she added, "Hufflepuff is definitely the best house." Amadea hadn't had any preconceived notions about the Houses before she came to Hogwarts, mainly because her parents were both (technically) Muggles and didn't associate with the wizarding world. Others, mostly people who came from Pureblood families, thought of Hufflepuff as the worst house, but Amadea didn't agree. Of course she was slightly biased because she was in Hufflepuff, but just because their main characteristics was being loyal instead of brave didn't make them any worse than any other house. 

Amadea nodded along as Rosie talked about how she was doing. Amadea agreed; the workload was much harder than it was during Amadea's first year. It was a lot of work, but Amadea thought she was doing a fairly good job managing it. With all of her homework and trying to make sure everything was running smoothly within her own House, Amadea was quite busy.

"I'm sure you can do it too," Amadea said to Rosie. She had no doubt that both of the girls could manage their workload. They were Hufflepuffs, after all. They could do this. "I'm doing pretty well. Busy, of course. But I'm really enjoying second year!" 

A human. Being.

If there was anything Rosie was proud of, it was her house.

The Hufflepuffs had always had a reputation for being soft and vulnerable, which in a sense for some, was true. Rosie could pick out a few badgers who fit those traits, including her sometimes. But she knew, her and Amadea both did, that they were a lot more than that. Rosie finally looked at herself as brave, which primarily was a Gryffindor trait, since the Lock-In, and it helped with her overall self esteem.

She knew her and the Hufflepuffs were a lot more than people thought they were.

Rosie felt a bit annoying with her undying loyalty to her house, but wasn't that another part of Hufflepuffs? Their loyalty? Sometimes, though, Rosie would argue that they were stupidly loyal. Herself included, that was for sure. After the Lock-In, any normal person would've probably ditched all of the people who assisted in leaving them alone with a chain around her neck. But not her, Rosie was loyal to her friends, no matter what.

Rosie grinned widely when Amadea said she could do the work load in return, nodding. "Optimism is key, my fellow prefect!" She pointed a finger at her and walked down the corridors with her with a skip in her step.

Second year so far was actually pretty good. Nothing big or bad had happened, at least not yet. Other than the reveal of the Masked Man, at least. But Rosie chose to not spend too much thinking about it. But on the brighter side, Rosie had been keeping up with her grades, and her friends, and her dancing! Rosie had danced so much since the beginning of the school year. It was more of a distraction from her actual tasks, if anything. Rosie was just hoping to meet someone else who did ballad, she seemed to be the only one. At least to her knowledge. But at the same time, Rosie hid this ugly, bitter feeling she'd get jealous of someone who was better than her. Her father used to say when she was little Rosie always tried to be the best. Now that she was 12, she cared less, but Rosie always had a small lingering jealousy feeling hidden behind her huge heart.

She finally turned back to Amadea, stretching her arms over her head. "Are you excited for Halloween?" Rosie asked suddenly, smiling big. "I dunno if I can do anything for a costume but... I'm definitely excited, regardless."

Amadea nodded in agreement. Optimism was key. Sure, it might be cliché to say, but having a positive mindset made life much more enjoyable. Plus, it just made you a more pleasant person and have a better personality. That's what Amadea loved about the Hufflepuffs. Sure, they might get a bad rep about being too sensitive and how loyalty wasn't as important as bravery, but Amadea knew that loyalty and being kind were just as important. 

Rosie segwayed the conversation toward the next big event coming their way: Halloween. This would be Amadea's second Halloween at Hogwarts. Last year, she hadn't done much for the event. She was still very new to the whole wizarding world of magic, and she wasn't sure if they had the same type of traditions. Apparently, they did. Back in London when Amadea was little, her family would always dress up for Halloween. She and her sister, Kat, would often do duo costumes. They would trick-or-treat around the other apartments in the complex, and when they got older, were allowed to venture into the neighboring streets. 

Amadea was honestly not sure if she was going to do anything for Halloween this year. With all of the work she had to do, she wasn't even sure if she had the time to put anything together in the first place. While she loved to participate in the fun traditions of dressing up, Amadea felt as though it wasn't the same when she wasn't dressing up with her sister.

"I probably won't do anything," Amadea finally replied, knowing she probably sounded like a party pooper. "I would love to, but I just don't have the time to come up with a creative idea and then put it together by the time Halloween comes around." With all of the Oktoberfest activities going on, Amadea was surprised there wasn't a Halloween costume making event yet. 

"But I am definitely excited for Halloween," Amadea added. It was true. She loved the fall. The leaves turned beautiful shades of red and orange, the air turned cooler but not too cold like it was in the winter, and there were beautiful fall decoratins everywhere. Plus, she would get free candy on Halloween. Who didn't like free candy? "I love Halloween," Amadea said. "Before Hogwarts, my family and I would go trick or treating together and then we would throw a Halloween party with all of the other families living in the apartments right near us." It was always so fun, Amadea remembered. Sometimes she wished she could go back to those days when she was just a little girl.

A human. Being.