Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

First Day of School Jitters  PV   Closed 

Katherine shrugged, "My mom didn't know much about Hogwarts but she knew enough to know she was sending me to a good school." Katherine had heard of Beaubatons before but she wasn't sure where it was or anything like that. She mainly knew that it was a wizarding school somewhere other than Scotland she presumed.
"Like I said, I'm just glad to be here. It's really cool to finally know what was up with me. It explains a lot at least." Katherine sighed and looked at the back of her hands like her life depended on it. she didn't like talking about her past, even the little she knew from it. Sometimes she wished she couldn't talk. When you were writing something down you have time to at least think about it. When you are talking you have to make up your mind right away.
"I guess London is cool. I've been there a few times with my mom to look at Cathedrals and stuff. We had tea and crumpets. I think I like it better at home. Going to town is like stepping into a Disney Princess movie." Going to town back home was a lot like walking around the live action set of Bravetm. Sometimes Katherine felt like she was the princess and sometimes she felt like she was the bear. Not wanted. An outcast. She had hoped it would be different here.

I guess London is cool. I've been there a few times with my mom to look at Cathedrals and stuff. We had tea and crumpets. I think I like it better at home. Going to town is like stepping into a Disney Princess movie.
"A what princess?" Anastasia asked, arching her eyebrow. She didn't make any sort of reply to the girl's statements about London and tea and crumpets and how she liked it better at home, since she couldn't really think of any response to that. It was rather rude, and while Anastasia didn't think she meant to be rude, it showed a lack of awareness that she found a bit odd. Even if someone said that they were from a dumpster, she wouldn't say that she thought her home was better. She also found the girl's stereotypes about London a bit strange. Even her family, who were quite old fashioned even by wizard standards, didn't have tea and crumpets. Maybe they had daily tea time, but she honestly couldn't remember the last time they'd actually had crumpets. 

She was also confused as to what on Earth a "Disney Princess" was. Obviously, she knew what a Princess was, and she actually knew quite a bit about geography since her mom had drilled it into her when she was four, but she had no idea what a Disney princess was. Maybe it was some weird American thing or something. She hoped the girl would explain because Anastasia hated not knowing. 

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

Katherine was thinking about watching movies when Ana spoke up.
"A what princess?"
Katherine looked at her before realizing her mistake.
"Sorry, nothing. Just a muggle thing. I'm still getting used to the fact that there are people here who haven't seen any of the Disney movies."
Katherine didn't feel like explaining what Disney was. She didn't really know how to respond to the question anyway. Disney was her childhood.
"So what do you do outside of Hogwarts?"
Katherine wasn't a real fan of small talk but she didn't know what else to say. She wasn't really comfortable around the girl yet. She seemed a little judgemental. And by the way she talked about her parents, Katherine assumed she was a pureblood. Not that she really cared. Katherine mainly just wanted to have some friends. She didn't care if they were Gryffindor or Slytherin or Hufflepuff. She didn't care if they knew everything about magic or if they knew just as little as her. She wanted someone who could help her. Ana seemed to know the ropes too. That way she could probably help her with knowing what to do. She smiled again and she remembered her mom's words. You can never smile too much my love. It shows the beauty within you. Katherine wished she could see that beauty herself. It might make her more confident.

Anastasia nodded, still not totally understanding. Someone she'd encountered had tried to explain what a movie was, but it honestly didn't make any sense at all and she thought the name was silly. After all, whatever on Earth a movie was, there had to be a far better name. She didn't say that to the girl though, since they'd just met and Anastasia still hadn't made up her mind about the girl. 
So what do you do outside of Hogwarts?
She smiled at that question. A shorter answer would be what didn't she do. She danced, she played Quidditch, she sang, she played half a dozen instruments, she wrote, and she sewed. She had some other hobbies as well, but those weren't something she liked to advertise to someone she'd just met. "I dance, play Quidditch, and I do quite a bit of music as well. What about you?" she said. She'd abbreviated her answer mostly because she didn't want to see like a braggart. Her mother said it was quite improper, and anyway, since she'd been at Hogwarts, she'd figured out that people her age really didn't like people talking about how awesome they were, even if it was completely true. Even if she hadn't fully made up her mind about the girl, she didn't want Katherine to dislike her. 

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

Katherine was intrigued by the number of things Ana said she participated in. It all seemed so interesting. She herself didn't really do much. She had played football when she was younger but it hadn't really stuck with her. Katherine had spent a long time with her mother trying to find something she could do in her free time. She discovered she enjoyed swimming but she had neither the time nor the energy to join a year-round team. Katherine was quite gifted at the piano and she enjoyed playing the flute but nothing else came easily to her even as she struggled to play the guitar.
"I used to play football and I'm pretty good at piano, but I don't do much else."
She thought Ana was pretty cool. She decided to press on.
"Seems like you do a lot is there anything else? Maybe you could help me with my flying skills. I really want to learn how to do some cool tricks," Katherine suggested. Maybe she didn't have to be so tense around her. Relax a bit she told herself. There's no point in stressing yourself out if you don't have to. She smiled for what felt like the millionth time and held out her hand.
"Friends?"

Anastasia nodded when the girl said she had played football, even though she had no idea what that was. Maybe some muggle equivalent of Quidditch? She’d heard other people talking about it, but she hadn’t asked about it or anything. She didn't care all that much about finding out what it was, and she knew it would look silly if she asked. She hated looking like she didn't know everything, even if she didn't. She also still hadn't fully made up her mind about this girl yet. On the one hand, she seemed nice enough and fairly harmless, on the other hand, she didn't seem to know much about wizarding social norms. 

"Flying is like riding a horse, it's really more about the relationship between you and the broom than your knowledge and skill on the broom," Anastasia told the girl. "And I've heard some rumors about what we're going to learn in flying, and I think it'll be quite fun." She glanced up at the clock inside the classroom and realized they only have three minutes before class began. 

She glanced down at the girl's outstreched hand, a bit confused for a moment, before she realized she meant for her to shake it. She shook the girl's hand and smiled. "Friends," Anastasia replied before heading into the classroom. 

Reducio
OOC - End?

Back