Corridors

Register
Sign in

What's your Problem?  Now Closed 

Anastasia strolled down the corridors, a bit lost in thought. She wasn't in the best mood, but she wasn't in a completely foul one either. Today had been an interesting day thus far, and it was only three in the afternoon. She knew that to another student, she might seen haughty and snobbish, just based on the way she carried herself and her pursed lips, but she didn't think she was. Alright, maybe a bit, but her parents had thought that was a good thing since it "discouraged anyone of inferior blood from approaching her". She wasn't too certain about that logic, and she also wasn't too certain that that was necessarily something she wanted. In the few hours she had been at Hogwarts, she'd met a far amount of Half bloods and even two Muggleborns, and most of them had seemed alright. Well, that one muggleborn girl was rather irritating and extremely rude, but that was a whole other story. 

She tossed her hair as she decided where she wanted to go next. She could head back to her Common Room or her dormitory and maybe get to know some of the other Gryffindors, but that didn't sound particularly appealing at the moment. She was getting used to the idea of her being something other than a Slytherin, but that didn't mean she liked it just yet. 
Last edited by Anastasia Beckett on 22nd August 2018, 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

Darci knew wondering around wasn’t necessarily the best idea when there were plenty of Slytherin who would love to pick on her. Not wanting to draw any attention to herself, Darci kept her head down, being a Lion changed her and not for the better. She wasn’t brave and out going like she used to be, she became as meek and as mild as a mouse.

Lately she’s been having some crazy day dreams and ended up sketching a picture that she’d seen in her mind. Nothing to weird except for the figure trapped in ice. I need to find Ana, maybe she can help me figure out what they mean. Picking up her walking pace, Darci ended up running into a few girls in the corridor. Taking a quick glance up she realized that they were Slytherins. Bloody hell, D. Look what you’ve done now. Slowly trying to walk past the group one of them called out. “Hey! Where do you think you’re going?” Darci tried to ignore them but when the one who spoke grabbed her arm, she gasped turning to look at him. “L-let go of me please.” She pulled her arm back but began to shake when she heard her brother’s laugh before he spoke. “If it isn’t little D. The Mouse of Gryffindor. You should’ve dropped out. You’re a discrace to our family.” Dropping her sketch book Darci shook with rage, but said nothing. She couldn’t allow herself to stoop to their level and let her anger lash out.

Don’t be afraid to make some Magic.
Darci M. Whitman

Lucien had been standing by a window reading a small title-less book as he usually was when he had spare time. He had been reading in peace until some Slytherins decided to pick on a Gryffindor. He rolled his eyes irritated at them. Most of his house seemed to think their calling was picking on people who weren't on Slytherin, usually Aravis, Lucien's sister, would step in and wreck their day so they'd leave alone the victim. However, his sister wasn't around which meant he would have to do it himself. The Raven haired boy shut his book before walking over towards the group of Slytherins. He couldn't help but sigh as he over heard some of the comments. "I have a better idea, how about you all leave the poor girl alone. Honestly, what you're doing is a disgrace to our house and you won't receive any awards or honor by being rude to the poor girl. Would it be that hard to find a better hobby? Or maybe you lot are too thick-witted to be good at anything else." He spoke bitterly. They disrupted his peace and caused a scene. The heterochormatic boy couldn't stand it. It was disregardful, and petty but yet it was also so common.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

Anastasia perked up and looked over her shoulder when she heard jeering voices behind her. Her parents said that, provided it wouldn't cost her too much, standing up for people was typically a good idea. They said it would gain the loyalty or at least good will of the person that she was standing up for, and the type of person who would bother picking on someone weaker than them wasn't one she needed to associate with. That was the general rule, anyway. It was a good thing too, since Anastasia was a bit impulsive when it came to things like that. 

She had barely realized she was stopped before she was storming back towards the bunch. She saw Gryffindor robes at the center of and realized it was Darci from the train and then her dorm. If it was her bloody, oafish brother again, Anastasia was going to seriously consider hexing him or something. Not that she actually knew any hexes, but she'd think of something. "You all are pathetic," Anastasia announced as she reached the group. Well, that was incredibly diplomatic, she thought. Honestly though, it was. A bunch of older students picking on one first year? "I mean really, what are you trying to prove? Oh, I can be mean to an eleven year old, but only when it's at least three to one.

Anastasia rolled her eyes in disgust at the whole thing. She was never picked on much, but it incensed her to see others treated so badly. Her father had always told that was weakness and no Beckett thought like that, but in her eyes, it was merely empathy. Anyway, he had always said it was a good idea to gain the loyalty and trust of her dormmates since she'd be spending seven years with them, so what better way for her to do that? She saw that Darci's stupid brother was there, which she thought was absurd. It was plain trashy to pick on your own family in public like this. You could think whatever you liked to about your family, but you had to be a united front in public. 

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

Darci continued to endure the insults the Slytherins threw at her. None were that horrible until her brother spoke out. “You’re a filthy mud-blood, mother and father didn’t tell you but you were adopted. You’re a bloody Muggle.Really? Well, that explains a lot. Darci looked between the three boys surrounding her. She knew each by name, seeing as they were always around when she was younger. They were always so nice, but now it seems that since school had begun they turned into someone completely different.

She began to speak when she heard a male voice come from behind her. "I have a better idea, how about you all leave the poor girl alone. Honestly, what you're doing is a disgrace to our house and you won't receive any awards or honor by being rude to the poor girl. Would it be that hard to find a better hobby? Or maybe you lot are too thick-witted to be good at anything else." Darci couldn't believe someone besides Ana would stand up for her. She even snickered when the male said that the three boys in front of her probably could do anything else. She instantly stopped when she received a glare from her brother. Turning around she was met with another Slytherin, and instinctively she back away, thinking that he might end up joining the seventh years behind her.

Darci wasn't usually one to be afraid of others, this wasn't something that you do to an eleven-year-old, especially if they're new to a school. "You all are pathetic," Darci's eyes grew wide. Anastasia? She turned around to face her friend who was standing behind the three seventh years. "I mean really, what are you trying to prove? Oh, I can be mean to an eleven-year-old, but only when it's at least three to one." Darci heard the by behind her snicker as her brother and his friends growled before walking away. Looking between both of them, Darci smiled softly. "Thank you both. I don't know what I'll be able to do to repay you both for your help."

Don’t be afraid to make some Magic.
Darci M. Whitman

Lucien was a bit confused when the Gryffindor backed away from him. Was he too close? He moved his raven colored bangs in front of his blue eye, maybe it was because he had a blue eye and a green eye. Then someone else came over joining in on ruining the seventh year groups day. She looked oddly familiar. He couldn't help but snicker happily as the three seventh years walked away muttering. A victorious feeling washed over him. He took on a group of seventh years, and didn't get stepped on! "No problem. They must be terrible at winning fights if they lost to a second year and two first years, and no need to repay me, ruining a bunch of idiot's days is my favorite hobby." He said with a rather proud smile that seemed to reek of arrogance. It was odd really, normally he wasn't so proud of himself. "Are they normally like that? Because they are a disgrace to the Slytherin house." He said watching them fade into the distance. "I'm Lucien Avery Escanora. Feel free to call me Lu or Avery. Also, by not offering a hand shake I'm not trying to be rude, I just strongly dislike germs." Lucien continued on with the ever so arrogant smile plastered across his face.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

Anastasia smirked a bit as the boys walked away. Could they really not even stand a bunch of younger students calling them out on their rudeness? Honestly, it really was pathetic. She was also rather glad she hadn't been put in Slytherin right now. Not because their behavior had put her off or anything, but more because she wouldn't want to have to see them later and have to deal with their stupidity again. 

She looked back at Darci and the boy. He looked rather familiar, but she couldn't quite place him. He was probably someone she had met shopping or at a party or something along those lines. When the boy introduced himself to Darci, she realized where she knew him from. He was Aravis' brother. The two had never really been friends or anything, but she thought he was alright enough, especially since he just stood up for a total stranger. “It’s honestly not a problem. They looked like idiots, and I just happened to be one of the first to actually say something about it,” Anastasia told Darci, smiling a bit. She also wondered about the boys calling her a Mudblood. Any insult about her blood would also apply to her brother, right? She didn’t even care, she was just annoyed and a bit baffled by their completely moronity.