Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

Candy Picnic  open to first 4 

Last edited by Cecily Queen on 2nd September 2018, 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cecelia Dahlia Queen
Stats: Strength: 9 Agility: 9 
Control: 10
 Stamina: 7

Reducio
Uh... sorry to be rude, but we already have all the people we need, and you kinda budged in...

Stamina- 4 Strength-5 Agility-6 Control-5
ArcPower- 4 Accuracy-6
Marian Lynch

Reducio
Sorry. I had no idea. I'll delete my post.

Cecelia Dahlia Queen
Stats: Strength: 9 Agility: 9 
Control: 10
 Stamina: 7

"I know, I just love how useful they are in every aspect and how intresting they are too." Amber smiled as this was said, still sucking on a acid pop. Amber was weird and nerdy in every aspect and definition of the words but she often had a reason to do things. She had a reason for choosing truth as well but she knew she wouldn't reaveal it. When she had heard the truth she was supposed to do her face faded a bit before she had the dreamy look in her eye as her face wentback to normal. "Well the most imbarrasing thing for me is probubly this one story that happened when I was still pretty young." Amber started to get that dreamy look again as a flashback played as she was telling her story.

A very young amber was sitting in the middle of her living room playing with her teddy bear with her magic moving the teddy without her really realizing it. She was so invested in it that she didn't realize that her parents had come in to the room. She was just barely old enough for her parents to start hating her for her magic and she knew that magic ment an hour long boring lecture or her being grounded for a week and sent to her room, however she was young enough to not know what consequences her actions might have, thats what had caused the next insedent to happen. She just snapped and in consequence her magic snapped causing both her parents to turn into snakes as that was what she had thought of them at that moment. She didn't know what to do and it had actually taken adult wizards from the minestry to come to change them back, they unaware that Amber was watching.

"I used to have dreams about this world my whole life before I came here and I think that it was mostly due to this sightly halarious and extremly imbarrasing story." Amber finnished off as she snickered a little at her own story. The snickering turned to laghter though when Marian tried the acid pop, apologizing after her laughter died down.

When life throws you a curveball, train and hit a homerun

Emma grimaced as if she had just made the worst bet of her entire life, but the game was definitely fun to play. It was bad enough for choosing one jelly bean by random selection, but eating them all was just downright vile. Reaching for a box in the middle of the picnic, she braced herself for the assault of her taste buds.

She opened the box and closed her eyes, it was much easier to pick one by random selection than to pick the easier ones. "White..? So... coconut, soap, onion, and mashed potatoes. I think." She looked at the jelly bean as if trying to see its true flavor. 

Taking a deep breath, she placed the white jelly bean on to her tongue. It was hard to tell the actual flavor of the backstabbing candy. Chewing slowly, she analyzed every single aspect of it. The texture, the taste, and especially how fast it took for her to complete the bean itself. She didn't care if they were all the same time, but it never hurt to compare. Clapping her hands once, she beamed. "Marshmellow!" Taking out one at a time and eating them she spoke: "I'm taking these as if they were medicine, makes it a lot easier." 

Still eating the beans one by one she asked, "Round two after everyone's gone?"
Last edited by Emma Hill on 3rd September 2018, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
Stamina: 9 - Agility: 7 - Strength: 10 - Control: 9

Amanda was amused as she watched the other girls performed their dares, or in Amber’s case, truth. Marian tried the acid pop and yelped in pain, which was completely understandable. Amber told a ridiculous story about turning her parents into snakes and Amanda snickered. Nothing exciting and entertaining like that ever happens to me. Then Emma began eating the Every Flavor Beans. Amanda grinned wickedly. She was a dangerous one to play Truth of Dare with, a total wild card.

Now it was her turn. “Harmless? Fine.” Amanda tossed a question around in her head: Mischief or no mischief? This was always the hardest question for her to answer. She was afraid that she’d lose her friends if she made a teensy bit of trouble, but that was where all of the excitement stemmed from: trouble. But Amanda couldn’t think of any reason why she should cause mischief concerning any of these nice girls, so she whipped out her wand and said “Lumos.” Her wand tip lit up and Amanda waved it around before extinguishing it. “Nox.” She picked up her unfinished cauldron cake and continued to eat it. “I agree with Emma. Let’s do another round. This game is the best.”

“Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.”
~ Amanda Sparrow ~

Marian listened, spellbound as Amber told her story. When Amber finished, Marian felt the need to compliment her.
"Amber, you can tell stories really well. You should think about being a writer!"

Marian watched as Emma ate the whole box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. Marian didn't think that she could've stomached a whole box. She probably would've vomited so every flavour would taste like barf.

As Amanda decided what spell to preform, Marian could see a mischevious glimmer in her eye. Marian focused her power on Amanda's mind. Amanda was deciding whether or not to do a (slightly) dangerous spell, but she ended up just illuminating her wand tip, then putting it out.

The girls had wanted to do another round, but Marian wanted to enforce another rule.
"Let's say that you may not repeat a dare or truth," Marian said, not wanting to have to repeat Emma's dare.

"I'll go with a truth this round," Marian decided.

As she waited for Amber to give her the dare, Marian thought about what questions Amber might ask her. The most common truth was usually "Who's your crush?", but Marian had an answer to that. Another one they might ask would be somewhat like Amber's, but Marian didn't know what she'd answer to that. Marian was snapped out of her thought as Amber started talking.

ArcPower- 4 Accuracy-6
Marian Lynch

When Marian told her that her story was a good one she was a bit suprised, anyone else could have done it better but she just shrugged and said "Thanks." and continued to devour her acid pop. The others did thier dares and Amber just sat there waiting for the next round to come about.

When Marian asked for a truth Amber thought hard about what to ask since she wanted something unique that would embody her. She had a peculier way of doing things as she would always hint a little bit about her past since most of the time she never wanted to talk about it directly but still secretly just wanted someone to ask. She finaly came up with an answer as she was thinking about this subject. "How were your parents like before hogwarts?" Yes, this was the question that was so uniquly her but one could only tell if they listened, if they saw the signs she put out in her answers, in her questions. Every song had lyrics between thier catchy tunes and those lyrics often told a story, a story about the dreams, the hopes, and the lives of the author. Lyrics mattered. but who listens to the lyrics anyways...
Last edited by Amber Smith on 6th September 2018, 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

The game was stupendously fun, she just had to play another round of truth or dare with the Hogwarts students. Already so much had happened during the first round, what was guaranteed to happen in the second round? Amber had told her most embarrassing story, Marian had eaten an acid pop (surprisingly the lollipop hadn't burned a hole through her tongue), and Amanda had been let off with a simple spell. She was already ecstatic. 

Round two was bound to happen, more stories were going to be told... but Amber hadn't even picked a truth nor a dare. There was only one possible choice in her mind and that was obviously dare. Thinking hard, she came up with a not-so-original dare. "I dare you to try to come up with your own spell." She smiled before shrugging. If she didn't pick, she already knew what was coming.

It was strange to pick for her. Dares could have resulted in anything, personal harm to others or themselves. She couldn't take it back, nor did she want to. She was too curious to see the effects of the young Hufflepuff attempted to create her own spell. Who knew, it could work, but the odds were extremely slim. "I'll pick dare, of course."

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Marian had picked truth, Emma had picked dare for Amber and herself, and now it was Amanda’s turn to think up a dare. Okay, I’ve got to think of a real good one this time around. Amanda glanced around, grasping for inspiration. “Um... Oh, I know! It’s not a very exciting and original idea, but I dare you to ask that kid out.” Amanda pointed to a boy sitting nearby. “It’s not that hard, really. I’m being nice this time around.” She snickered quietly.

Should I pick truth, or should I pick dare? One one hand, Amanda liked to mix things up. But she also loved excitement and getting dared. “I guess I’ll pick dare. Bring it on!” Amanda grinned wildly. She never got the chance to play this game at home: Leslie claimed that it was immature, Johnny said that only girls play silly games like that, and Daniel was just too young to have that kind of fun with. When she was younger, Amanda’s only friends were her siblings. She was always the outcast, the loser at school. She would always get picked on by the other kids. But now that Amanda had some real friends, she didn't have to consider her siblings’ opinions.

Reducio
I hope it’s okay that I’m using an NPC

“Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.”
~ Amanda Sparrow ~

OOC: What happened to chloe?

ArcPower- 4 Accuracy-6
Marian Lynch

Reducio
She's been inactive for almost a month now, since August 30th to be exact. 

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Marian had never thought about her parents much. They were just the usual wizarding parents. Why did Amber ask that question? And what did she mean, "the open wounds from her past?" Marian decided to talk to her about that later, in private. There were too many people here.

"My parents were fine, ordinary wizarding parents. I wasn't spoiled, but I wasn't neglected, either."

The dares this round were very servere, things like making up your own spell, and asking a boy out, so Marian, deciding to play it safe, said:

"I don't realy want to play anymore after this. You guys can keep playing, but I'd rather not."

Marian's brain started wandering, wondering about Amber's mysterious backstory, then thinking about classes and schoolwork. It was getting late, almost 17:00, and Marian's stomach was rumbling. The candy didn't help, but she tried (to no avail) to ignore the empty feeling in her stomach.

"Are you guys hungry for dinner, too?"

Marian decided to pack up her stuff, except for the blanket they were sitting on, and, after saying goodbye to them, saying she'll hopefully see them again soon, left to drop off her picnic supplies at her dormitory before dinner at the great hall.

ArcPower- 4 Accuracy-6
Marian Lynch

Amber remembered a latin class she had taken at her old muggle school and remembered a few words that she could combine. "Well, I do have a pretty good one that popped inro my head."She pronounced the made up spell loud and clear "videoalere" she touched the tip of her wand to her head and her eyes faded over slightly as she fainted. In her mind is where the spell worked the most, there was danger of cource if you factored in a few meanings but it could also be a a pleasent experience and that was what she was experiencing now. In her mind she saw greatness and power as well as a world where her parents didn't hate her before she faded back into contiousness.

"Huh, I guess I fainted for a second. Well it was still a plesent experience, if you know the rght root words you can make any spell you want, its really cool." Amber put her wand away as they contiued on with the game. Amber was pretty glad when she heard about Marian's parents, at least they weren't bad like her's were. Marian then asked everyone if they were hungry for dinner and admittedly Amber kind of was, but she didn't really want the picnic to end either, "I am pretty hungry, but maybe we could eat dinner here or something, I kind of want the party to continue. Someone could get the food or something and bring it to the table. Does anyone know leviosa? If so that person should get the food because they could make it float behind them."

Marian didn't want to play anymore... wasn't she the one who started it? Emma thought herself, scowling to herself. She had wanted a make a few friends or so, but the Hufflepuff was just a student less, slimming the chances down even more. Looking back towards the sign created specifically for the event, of course, she had been the one to create the small picnic.

Simply keeping her thoughts to herself, she shook her head and spoke ignoring the emptiness in her lower stomach. The candy would help it soon, hopefully. "No thanks, but thank you, Marian." Before returning back to the mysterious game of truth or dare, she gave the girl a subtle wave and a small smile that had been forced on to her face.

It was hard to tell whether Amber would have willing or reluctantly performed her task, but still, she seemed to draw her wand with no effort needed. Her eyes widened as Amber placed the wand to her own forehead. She had originally met on someone, she didn't even care if it was herself, but she didn't want to risk anyone getting hurt or injured.

At the spell vocalized out of her mouth, Emma watched as her eyes drooped into a lifeless position, ignoring she had still been breathing. "Amber?" She said, shaking her shoulders as if it would do something. It was like trying to wake up someone from a body-bind curse. Healing spells really should have been taught in her first year. Eventually, she had woken up and seemed completely fine. Perhaps she had made up her own spell, and it was amazing. She knew the levitation charm, but was she going to perform the charm in front of the table of professors? She didn't think so, well, at least not alone she would. 

It was down to her turn, and of course, Amanda had chosen the worse possible situation for her become caught in. "I'd rather stick my head in a toilet," she said pushing herself off of the blanket, ruffling it slightly. She walked over, making sure to kick Amanda (softly) in the back. Her arms swinging by her side instead of in her pockets, she breathed out of her mouth, uncomfortably. It was a mere act, wasn't it? Waving slightly, she spoke to the young student who also looked around her age, thankfully. 

"I have seen you around at the Quidditch pitch, haven't I?" She spoke in a lower tone, trying to keep the eyes of both Amanda and Amber off of her. "I was wondering if you wanted to play against each other, you know like after supper," she said, mentally wincing for her personality. A Quidditch game with a loved one was her idea of a date. At first, he seemed shocked, head slightly tilted and she couldn't blame him. She had never seen the boy in her entire life. Still, he had nodded, and she was sure that her eyes had widened to an extent. "Great." She said smiling wider than she should have, then walking back to the group.

"You're coming with me, I guarantee." She told Amanda as she reached down for another piece of wizard's candy.

Reducio
I think I wrote more than I should have...

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
  Back