Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

Candy Picnic  open to first 4 

Afternoon, September 5th, 2018

Marian was walking through the corridors, enjoying her spare time. She had heard that the corridors were constantly moving, and that she might get lost, but she had plenty of time. She walked around, tracing her hand on the walls. The cold stone felt so good on her hand. As she looked about her, she could count what she saw. 3 suits of armour, 1 doorway, and countless stones. She kept walking until she found the perfect spot. She opened up her bag and took out her blanket, and set it on the cold stone floor. She took out multiple types of candy: chocolate frogs, pumpkin pasties, Bertie Bott's every flavour beans, cauldron cakes, and acid pops. (Eat at your own risk!) She had been saving candy for this day. She took out a piece of parchment that read

Marian's candy picnic

Bring some candy to share!

She arranged her picnic just how she wanted it to look. Right next to a suit of armor (so he could join, too), she had her little picnic set up. All she had to do now was wait. Oh, but waiting is so hard. She took a package of Bertie Bott's and nervously picked up a green one. She ripped it in half and smelled it to see what the flavour was. It didn't smell right, so Marian put it aside, telling herself not to eat until other people came.
Last edited by Marian Lynch on 27th August 2018, 12:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Stamina- 4 Strength-5 Agility-6 Control-5
ArcPower- 4 Accuracy-6
Marian Lynch

Amber was just walking along the corridors with nothing to really do, she was just walking for the sake of walking when she stumbled upon marian with her candy picnic. She had a few peices of candy in her poket that she was aving for later but she decided that now was a better use for them. She sat down by her friend and set out her candy, a few chocolate frogs and a box of every flavor beans. She took one of the chocolate frogs and ate it, still staying silent all this time. She continued to sit there before she turned toward marian and broke the silence.

"Hey Marian how are you doing?" She leaned back on the wall and relaxed "Fancy meating you here in the hallway. I mean in the dorm would make sence but it's funny that we met here insted" Continuing to lean on the wall Amber took another chocolate frog and poped in in her mouth after glancing at the card and putting it in her pocket. "You know, besides the study session we didn't realy get to talk that much, I mean at that time I probably didn't want to talk that much anyways though." Amber slipped slightly down the wall with a small sigh as she relaxed a little more.

"Honestly I still have a few open wounds from my past that I still don't want to talk about, but i's not that bad. It's funny, I've been here for just a few weeks and I'm already worrying about next summer." Her eyes misted a bit as she said this and she let out another sigh before bringing back a chearful expression to her face "But you don't want to hear about that, how have that past two weeks been going for you!"

When life throws you a curveball, train and hit a homerun

Chloe always kept a few cauldron cakes with her. They were her favorite. She was walking through the corridors, when she saw a couple girls sitting beside a suit of armor on a blanket, sharing some candy. "A candy picnic? That sounds fun." She said to herself. Chloe smiled and picked up her pace. As she reached the girls, she smiled politely. She recognized them as other Hufflepuff girls, but she hadn't met them yet. 

She sat down with them. "Mind if I join too?" She pulled out her cauldron cakes and sat them down in front of her. "I'm Chloe. I brought some cauldron cakes. They're my favorite candy." She chuckled slightly and looked down at one of the cauldron cakes, and took a bite. She was content. It was delicious. She looked back at the girls and swallowed her cake. "What are your names?" She asked them. Maybe they could become friends. She needed friends. 

Chloe finished her cauldron cake before wiping the crumbs off of her face. "Do I have any chocolate on my face?" She laughed. Cauldron cakes were messy.  She looked from one girl to the other. They looked happy, like they were already friends. 

Chloe Rose
Stamina: 5 Agility: 6 Strength: 5 Control: 4 Arcane Power: 4 Accuracy: 6

Emma always looked chocolate frogs. From her first trip to Hogwarts to her last, she had always kept some inside of her book bag. The pentagon-shaped container always reminded her that in her tough days, she always had something to cheer herself up. 

She always snuck glances at this corridor every single morning on her way to the Great Hall, but she had never really gone down it a lot. She had been in the abandoned, filthy restroom and had once had even found a secret passage leading to the Mirror of Erised. What made her come down the corridor this time, she didn't know, but it definitely wasn't the outlandish pieces of armor that looked like they could jump to life any instant.

Perhaps it was the unusual scent of sweet treats, much like the ones in her backpack, but then again, it could have just been her bag's natural scent. Maybe it was the three girls sitting down in the hallway, that was abnormal even in Hogwarts. 

Walking down the hallway, she removed her black bag and fidgetted to find the five-sided shape candy container. She knew she had packed them, but her bag was so messy there was no chance of finding them. Still, she sat down and introduced herself to the... three Hufflepuffs. Great, she was already the odd one out. 

"Hey, I'm Emma mind if I join? I brought Chocolate Frogs and Exploding Bonbons." She removed the small plastic bag from within her pocket, still sealed up as if it had never been touched once in her life. Nine remained in the bag out of ten, but it wasn't like she was going to have a small piece of candy explode in her abdomen. She sat down on the blanket, almost like a tarp, and began to unzip her bag, looking for the frogs she had promised.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
Stamina: 9 - Agility: 7 - Strength: 10 - Control: 9

Chocolate frogs were so much fun. They came in a cute, quirky box and they tasted delicious. Plus, there was a collectible card included with every frog. Amanda thought that they were the best thing ever. She already had quite a prolific collection of chocolate frog cards. Amanda always had candy in her school bag, and today she just so happened to have several chocolate frogs and acid pops on her.

I don’t think that I’ve ever been over here before, Amanda mused as she stepped into the corridor. She wasn’t even sure if this corridor had any purpose, or if it was just simply there. I’ll have to check this out some time soon. Who knows what could this could lead to?

Amanda turned her head as she caught sight of four girls sitting together in the corridor. That’s not something you see everyday, Amanda thought as she walked over. They appeared to be sharing candy with one another. Amanda sat down on the blanket and smiled at the other girls. “Hey there. I hope it’s okay if I join you.” She pulled the candy out of her bag. “I have some chocolate frogs and acid pops with me. Feel free to take some if you’d like.” Amanda unwrapped an acid pop and stuck it in her mouth. She rather liked this unconventional treat, which earned lots of disgusted looks from her peers. But why on earth should she care if others thought that it was strange?

“Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.”
~ Amanda Sparrow ~

As soon as she saw Amber come and sit down, Marian started eating some more candy. Amber had brought chocolate frogs and a package of Bertie Bott's every flavour beans. Marian had not expected to see Amber in the corridors. Like Amber pointed out, Marian expected to see her in the common room or the dormitories.

"Hello Amber!"

Amber started talking some more, but only after popping another chocolate frog into her mouth.

Yet another Hufflepuff girl came up, and Marian started to worry. What if it turned out to be only Hufflepuffs, and I wouldn't get a chance to meet other students? Marian tried to clear her mind as she said, with a stiffness she did not intend,
"Hello."
The girl took out some cauldron cakes to share, thankfully not noticing Marian's tone of voice.
She introduced herself as Chloe, then she started to eat one, making a mess all over her face. Evidently, The girl liked cauldron cakes.
"My name's Marian, and this is Amber, my Transfiguration tutor, and friend." Marian said, nudging Amber.

Marian Squinted down the hallway. She could make out some dark robes, not the bright Hufflepuff yellow ones, and she started to panic. Please don't be a Slytherin, please don't be a Slytherin.

Thankfully, she was a Ravenclaw, not a Slytherin.
She introduced herself as Emma. She had brought Exploding bonbons and chocolate frogs

Another Ravenclaw came to them as Emma searched for her chocolate frogs in her bag.
She brought out some Chocolate frogs and acid pops. Marian was just about to say,
"Be careful with those acid pops!" when she unwrapped one and stuck it in her mouth.

"does anyone here know any healing spells?" Marian asked nervously, scared for the sake of the Ravenclaw's tounge.

ArcPower- 4 Accuracy-6
Marian Lynch

Several girls had come and sat down at the table all looking fairly nice. There was one hufflepuff (not including her and marian) and two ravenclaws. "Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw party!" As she shouted this she tossed a few chocolate frogs in in the air before settling down. "For no reason what is your favorite beast? Mine is a dragon because they are just so cool." She decided that a conversation starter would be good to get them all talking and becomeing friends.

As she waited for thier answers she started to dose off in a land of her own thoughts, she did have a lot to think about after all. She wondered what she would do during the summer, she knew her parents would be mad if she retured returned and she honestly didn't want to. She thought about how she missed her younger siblings and hopec that none of them were like her so that they could live a good life. She thought about books and what she would read next, finaly deciding on The Stolen Kingdom for the fiftinth time this month. She thought about how she was excepted here and how she had some good friends that she knew would help her. and she just thought about things in general.

Chloe smiled as two Ravenclaw girls sat down with them. She watched as the last girl to sit down bravely unwrapped an acid pop. Her eyes opened wide, she shook her had as Marian asked about healing spells. "I don't know any, I'm sorry." She chuckled a bit before turning to Amber. 

Amber was obviously excited to be there. She had thrown a couple chocolate frogs in the air and yelled about the party. Chloe laughed at her excitement before thinking. What WAS her favorite creature? She went through the list of creatures she had read about before speaking up. "I really like Hippogriffs. I think they're beautiful." She smiled before speaking again. "So you're good at Transfiguration? I wish I was. I'm good at Herbology, though. And flying is fun." She had a large smile on her face as she thought about it. 

She looked down at her pile of candy, taking another cauldron cake. She ate it a bit less messy this time. She figured she had probably com off weird a moment ago, when the chocolate had gotten all over her face. She took smaller bites, making sure to clean any crumbs off her face as she did. 

Chloe Rose
Stamina: 5 Agility: 6 Strength: 5 Control: 4 Arcane Power: 4 Accuracy: 6

Emma looked around from her fellow Ravenclaw, Amanda, to the Hufflepuffs. She hadn't interacted with many, so she was glad to sit down, especially in the corridors, and just chat. Good interactions had come from most of the houses in general, but you just couldn't have too many friends, it was basically a law to live by. 
"Does anyone here know any healing spells?"
Shaking her head, she spoke, "No, but I can make an adequate Wiggenweld Potion, but well... That would take approximately forty minutes. I think we get our first lesson starting in our third year anyway." Once again, she recommenced the ransacking through her bed, looking for the violet box. Finally, lifting open a pouch to the side she extracted out eight chocolate frog containers and unboxed one for herself.

Thrusting her hands into the air at the mentioning of a party, she smiled and laughed, her bracelet jingling whimsically. She wasn't into huge parties with those that consisted of more than generally six people, but this was marvelous.

Beasts. It was a topic she could go on and on about, but what mystical animal over-exceeded the rest. It was definitely something she could debate about continuously. Care for Magical Creatures was a topic she was looking forward to. She loved the idea of a dragon. Their aggressive behavior, the ability to breathe fire, and the endless possibilities the dragon gave to wizarding kind. It was all too remarkable for her expanding mind to process. "I'd say Phoenix. They fly and have magical tears they can use at any time. I think they can even bring a person back from the dead."

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Amanda grinned and laughed when the first girl began worrying about Amanda’s consumption of the acid pop. “I appreciate the concern, but I’m fine. It’s a long story, but basically I conditioned myself to like them. Just another way to avoid getting pranked.” she shrugged, sucking on the lollipop. “I’m Amanda, by the way. This is a pretty neat setup you’ve got here,” she said, gesturing to the little picnic.

Amanda smiled when one of the Hufflepuffs mentioned flying. “I love flying! I really hope I make it onto the Quidditch team someday.” She licked her lollipop again before continuing. “I like History of Magic and Charms, I guess. Not quite sure what I could do with those in the future career-wise, but we’ll see. Maybe I’ll teach here someday.” She shrugged. “I think that it would be fun to be an auror, though.”

Amanda paused and thought for a bit. “I’d say that my favorite beast is either a dragon or a phoenix. They’re both really majestic and cool.” She finished her acid pop and opened a chocolate frog box. She pulled out the card and read it to herself. Bertie Botts, nice. Amanda already had that card so she offered it up to the others. “Anybody not have the Bertie Botts card yet?”

“Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.”
~ Amanda Sparrow ~

Marian was worried, since no one knew any healing spells, but laughed when Amber threw the candy in the air. Emma took out eight chocolate frog containers. Marian took one, unwrapping the box and glancing at the card. Dumbledore. She didn't have that one yet. Everyone had said their favorite beast, so Marian told hers. "I like owls, if that counts as a beast. I don't have one yet, but I'd like a barn owl." Marian bit off the frog's head. "When I grow up, I'd like to be a healer. Maybe I could convince the proffessor to add in another class - teaching the children healing spells. If that doesn't work, I could be the healer that works at Hogwarts. Marian finished the chocolate frog, seperatley biting off each of it's limbs before starting on the body.
“Anybody not have the Bertie Botts card yet?”
Amanda said.
"No, I don't have many. I just eat chocolate frogs for the cards, but I only have seven of them," Marian said, taking the card from Amanda.

"How about a game of truth or dare? I'll go first. Dare," Marian said, bracing herself for the dare yet to come. This was only her fifth day at Hogwarts, but it already felt like her home.

Reducio
For truth or dare, Amber will give me a dare then say "truth" or "dare" we'll keep going until It's my turn again, when we will do the dares or answer the truth.

ArcPower- 4 Accuracy-6
Marian Lynch

Amber was glad to meet so many people and was glad that she had so many people to talk to at the moment. She sat relaxing against the wall chewing on a chocolate frog and slightly daydreaming and slightly sleepy. "I like to collect the chocolate frog cards because they have such cool information on them. I like to see all the cool facts about wizards in history since I was born to muggles and never knew any of this stuff. It even makes me feel like I belong here more."

She finnined up her chocolate frog when she decided to get an acid pop just to try it and see what it tasted like. She had heard that they were extremely sour and she knew that sour things could hurt your taste buds but she loved stuff that was sour. Can't be worse than that time I put twelve extreme sour warheads in my moth at once and so she tried it. On her first lick it stightly hurt he tonge but tasted really good and sour so she just put the whole thing in. It was a wierd sensation in her mouth that she felt at first but soon it died down and she only had to take it out once or twice.

"I think truth or dare is a great idea Marian!" she took a second to think up a dare for her "I dare you to..." Her eyes darted to the few acid pops on the blanket "Try an acid pop with me!" asshe waite for Marian to do her dare she chose what she would do "I chose truth just to be cautious on the first round."

Pranked. Emma snickered at the sound of that, she already knew this one was going to be a tough one to prank in the future. With the high immunity to acid, that threw option after option out of the window, but still, she wouldn't have pranked her very own friends. Well, not for fun at least. Still, she smiled and introduced herself once more to the fellow Ravenclaw, "Emma."

Looking down at the green swirled lollipops, she laughed as they dared each other to try an acid pop. Despite how easy Amanda made it look, she still felt it was a bad idea, but that was exactly the point wasn't it?

Supposedly it was her turn, she had spent too much time rehearsing the worst truth and dare since the third grade in her class. It was a favorite of her, and some had even gotten her detention with her fellow participates. They knew precisely what they were getting themselves into when they decided to play a small fun game with her.

"Alright, Amber, what was your most embarrassing moment in public, or just Hogwarts in general?" The brunnette asked, an eyebrow raised at the Hufflepuff. If she was correct, the next person was Amanda, and she was excited to see what she had in store for her. "I choose... dare."

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Amanda gave Marian the card. “I collect them too. I have quite a large collection, though, so I get lots of duplicates.” She grabbed a cauldron cake and began breaking off pieces and popping them into her mouth. “I agree with Amber, also. They’re quite helpful; sometimes I even use them to study for tests.”

Truth or dare was one of Amanda’s favorite games. So when Marian suggested it, Amanda agreed immediately. She watched as Amber started sucking on an acid pop and dared Marian to do the same. Wow, I’m impressed. She’s literally eating acid on a stick. But then again, so was I. Amber then went for truth, and Amanda became slightly less impressed. Well, I can’t judge her for her own choices. When Emma chose dare, Amanda smirked. ”Oh boy, are you in for a treat!”

It turns out that Amanda meant treat quite literally. She picked up a box of every flavor beans and handed it to the other Ravenclaw. “Eat them. Every single one, even the nasty ones. No spitting them out either. Also, tell us which nasty ones you get.” Amanda laughed. She found this game to be very entertaining. “Okay, my turn. Give me a dare, Marian,” Amanda said, grinning at Marian.

~ Amanda Sparrow ~

Marian watched fearfully as her best friend put a acid pop in her mouth, then dared Marian to do the same. Marian was scared. she had heard stories of acid pops burning holes in people's tounges, but Amber and Amanda had both done it, she would be fine. She nervously unwrapped an acid pop and took a deep breath, then touched it with the very tip of her tounge.

"AAH!" She had burnt her tounge.

"Water! Water!" Marian screamed, looking for her water bottle in the picnic basket. She took a big gulp, aiming the water towards the tip of her tounge. "Well, there go my taste buds. Don't worry, Amber, I'm not mad at you. Never eating an acid pop again."

Marian watched as the other girls requested truths and dares. Amber requested truth, so Emma told Amber to tell her most embarrassing moment at hogwarts, while Emma chose dare, so Amanda dared her to eat a whole box of bertie bott's every flavour beans. Amanda chose dare, so Marian got to choose a dare for her.

"Okay, Amanda, I dare you to do a spell. Just a harmless, simple one." Marian said, excited to see a spell preformed.

ArcPower- 4 Accuracy-6
Marian Lynch
  Back