Corridors

Register
Sign in

Reunited  PV Anastasia Beckett 

Aravis was walking down the corridors fiddling with her hair once again. She still wasn't used to the hair dye. She wouldn't lie to herself, she did miss her natural raven hair. Luckily the dye was temporary so when ever she decided she was done with it she could wash it out and not put more in later. It was frustrating that it kept washing out when she didn't want it to. After every shower almost every day she would have to put more dye in to keep it silver.  As she was fiddling with her hair she walked past someone who looked very familiar.

She stopped and stood in the corridor for a minute as other students passed. Turning around, Aravis slowly realized who it was. It was Anastasia! "ANASTASIA!" Aravis screamed as she came barreling at an alarming speed towards her friend, knocking over a few people in the process. She gave Anastasia a huge hug, happy that her childhood friend was at the same school as her. Aravis didn't realize how much she had missed her friends. She wondered if the other girl would even recognize her since her hair had previously been black. She changed a lot over the years, Aravis was much taller than a lot of the second years, weird new hair, but still had her father's eyes.

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Anastasia strolled briskly down the hall, people moving out of her way when they saw her face. She was coming from the library, and she was still seething. She had always thought nothing bad could happen in the library, but she had just been proven sorely wrong. Literally. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice someone yelling her name. She thought she heard someone say her name, but Anastasia was a rather popular name among the Purebloods, so she ignored it. She was so caught up in her irritation that she didn't even realize someone was running after her until she was suddenly enveloped in a bear hug from behind.

She turned around, rather startled and saw a girl who was taller than her by at least half a foot and had rather alarming silver hair. The face seemed familiar though. Wait, was it? It could be, since as far as Anastasia knew, she was also attending Hogwarts. "Aravis? Darling, how are you?" she exclaimed although less loudly than Aravais had, embracing her friend. She had always been just taller than Anastasia, who was on the tall side. That was to be expected since Aravis was nearly a year older, but Anastasia had always wanted to be just a bit taller. Now, it looked as though she had shot up even more, making Anastasia feel rather short. That aside, she was thrilled to see her friend from childhood and her awful mood was forgotten for the moment.

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

The light haired girl couldn't stop smiling. She jumped up and down excitedly in her high heels- which she wasn't even sure if they fit the dress code. "I've been doing wonderful! I got put into Slytherin and I made friends along with some bitter enemies but, on the bright side I'm not dead yet!" She chirped joyfully. She couldn't believe it, she finally got to see Anastasia again. Aravis already brain stormed a hundred different ideas through her head of all the things they could do at the school. 

"My brother, Lucien, is here as well. Oddly silent and short but still. Anyways, how's Gryffindor, what do you think of the people, are they annoying you? I've certainly met some really annoying people." She said hurling questions at the brunette faster than the speed of light. Normally she wasn't so talkative, but she hadn't seen Anastasia in ages! Aravis was so happy to see her friend she didn't even think standing in the middle of a crowded hallway was a bad plan. Someone bumped into her which earned them a rather threatening stare. After they apologized several times the silver haired Slytherin snapped her attention back to her friend. She put a smile back on her face laughing slightly. 

"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Anastasia wanted to laugh at the sight of her friend jumping about and smiling like this. It wasn't that she was surprised her friend was happy to see her, it was just that Aravis usually a bit more, well, scarier. In the very best possible way. Anastasia had always been the smiley one and Aravis had always been the mean one. She was so glad to see a familiar face, and even more glad that it was Aravis. As much as she had liked wandering around not really knowing anyone, in a house that was the opposite of where she was supposed to be, it was nice to see someone from her childhood.

She wanted to laugh at the older girl's sudden verbosity. It was really nice to know that someone was this happy to see her. Her parents were never this happy or affectionate, she was still starting to make friends here and her cousins was a whole other story. "Slow down!" she laughed. "Really, I'll be here all year." She saw the poor fool who made the mistake of bumping into Aravis, and she almost pitied him, but even that made her laugh because it was so Aravis. After laughing a bit more, she began to answer the girl's questions. "Gryffindor is surprisingly alright, at least so far. Although, there's a fair amount of people who know exactly nothing about magic. Most of the people are alright. Rather friendly, but no one too annoying yet," she said in one breath, her excitement starting to show as well.

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

The white haired girl smiled, today was a good day. She made someone happy, scared a first year, and got to see Anastasia. "Sorry, I'm just so excited to see you! My only other friends don't have much time to talk anymore so I spend most time alone." She said with a nervous laugh. She hadn't talked to anyone in a while. She smiled again happy that Anastasia wasn't too upset with her house. Aravis had found Slytherin fun, but...not how she expected. "That's good. I'm glad everything is going smoothly so far. When I was put in Slytherin I quickly learned it's nothing like I heard. A lot of the people there are....nice, but a little too nice. They don't seem ambitious enough or like they have any goals, but the sorting hat is never wrong. Maybe it's in their future." She smiled, remembering to breathe this time. 

Aravis was almost too happy, it was odd. She hadn't been this happy since...well, it had been a long time. "I've been trying to become a better person since I left home. My friends say when I smirk I look evil, and they also say I need to work on how I speak because I sound threatening." She said laughing slightly at the memory. She had been trying to give someone good news, but sounded like she was about to kill the poor girl. 

Anastasia raised an eyebrow at hearing that the Slytherins were too nice. She was beginning to think that the stupid hat was trying to shake things up a bit. She'd spoken to at least too other people who felt like they absolutely did not belong in their house. She wondered if the hat just didn't care anymore or something. She was starting to like Gryffindor a bit, but she still didn't feel like she really belonged there. She pushed all of that to the back of her mind - she was glad to see Aravis and she could worry about the bloody Hat later. "I think I'd still rather be in Slytherin with you," she admitted. "The stupid Hat only put me in Gryffindor because I cursed him out."

She laughed when the fair haired girl said her smirk looked evil and she sounded threatening. Anastasia had always thought that, but she had rather liked about Aravis. "That's good to hear you're trying to be slightly less scary," she told the other girl, her face on the verge of bursting from all the smiling. It was so much more than her usual polite smile and her cheeks were hurting from the smiling and laughing, but she didn't even care. 

Aravis laughed at the bit about Anastasia cursing out the hat. "I honestly don't blame you. I don't like that hat." She said smiling happily remembering her sorting ceremony. The hat had called her unstable and said she wasn't patient. Though it was true she still didn't like it. That hat was evil. "Most people here are really sensitive so if I don't at least try to be less scary I'll wind up making some one cry. Frankly I don't liking making people cry because then I have to hear them talk and whine and all that annoying stuff." It was true, Aravis never liked people crying. One time Maven had broken his leg falling our of a tree and started crying. 6 year old Aravis had picked him up and put him in a koi pond out side her house to try to shut him up. Thankfully Alice, his mother, was a life saver and was able to get him out of the koi pond. 

Aravis rubbed her cheeks while still smiling. It was a goofy looking smile since half of her face was being massaged by her hand in an odd way. "My face hurts, I'm not used to smiling and laughing." Aravis stated laughing even more. It was like a painful way of having a nice day.

Anastasia nodded at Aravis' opinion about the Hat. Even as Anastasia was warming up to the idea of being a Gryffindor, she still detested that hat. Nobody she had spoken to disagreed. Even people who had been sorted into the House that they wanted had agreed that the hat was rather rude and/mocking. Her parents had never mentioned anything about liking or disliking the Hat, so she wondered if he had gotten ruder with age. No matter, what was done was done and there wasn't anything that anyone (including the Hat) could do about it anymore.

She burst out into a laugh at Aravis' explanation for why she was trying to be a bit less scary. Her reasoning for trying to be less scary was so perfectly like her. Another person, when told that they were rather scary, might have been offended, or tried be less scary because it was an accident, but Aravis was only trying to change some because she didn't want people crying because it irritated her. Aravis and Anastasia were very different in that aspect - Anastasia was always rather uncomfortable and felt like she had to do something to help the crying person, even if it wasn't her fault they were crying. She was starting to see why she wasn't in Slytherin. 

She laughed again at Aravis' comment about laughing and smiling. Anastasia understood what she was talking about - generally, she didn't laugh much past a polite little titter, but in the past few minutes, she'd lost count of the times she'd really truly laughed because she was just so happy. Her mother certainly wouldn't approve of that."I'll bet," she replied, her eyes rather watery from all her laughing. "By the way, I think your hair is rather different than last time we saw each other."

Aravis smiled before looking at her hair a bit shocked at it. She still wasn't used to the opposite color. "Oh, yes I dyed it. I'm still not used to it. The problem is that I only use temporary hair dye, so every time I take a shower I have to put more in since it washes out. Hogwarts is just getting mass shipments of white hair dye all for me." 

She moved a bit of her hair out of her face. Her hair always ended up in her face, she hated it. She was half tempted to cut all of it off, but Aravis loved her hair way too much to ever cut it so short. "I didn't want to damage my hair but every single day I have to put even more in to keep it white. And since my hair is actually black it takes a ton. I think this is the most money my family has ever spent on anything!" She said with her slight Russian accent kicking in. Every time she was around her dad she caught onto his accent. After a few months it would wear back into her normal voice before going right back to Russian. It was hard to deal with.

Anastasia laughed at Aravis' reply. Clearly, she had dyed it, that much Anastasia could figure without Aravis telling her. She was a bit surprised her parents actually let her. Anastasia had once wanted to dye her hair red and asked her mother about it, which had resulted in a nearly two hour long lecture about how a Beckett woman's hair was her glory and how she should never even consider doing anything to her hair to change it. Anastasia hadn't much agreed with her mother's sentiments, but the message was quite clear. Still, once she was a bit used to it, the white looked very nice on Aravis. 

She laughed a bit at the remark about the amount of money her family was spending on this. She could only imagine. "Was there any particular reason, or did it just strike your fancy?" Anastasia asked. Knowing Aravis, it could be just about anything. She rather envied her in that way. She came from a family just as good as Anastasia did, and while she was well bred, she didn't seem like she was living her life solely to please her parents. Maybe it was because she wasn't an only child like Anastasia was, or maybe it was because her aunt and uncle were less strict and rigid than Anastasia's parents. Anastasia scolded herself mentally. Even if nobody else knew, she shouldn't be thinking that way about her family. 

Aravis smiled a bit at the question. That smile could only mean one thing. It's story time. "Well, you see, my father doesn't care because when my mother was alive she dyed her hair quite often, although it almost always went back to black. My Aunt and Uncle however nearly killed me when I came home from a friends place with dyed hair. They locked me in my room for three weeks and wouldn't let me talk to anyone other than my Father and themselves. They wouldn't stop lecturing me. Father honestly could care less what I do to my hair, he's too focused with taking care of Maven and Calah."

The story she told was only half of the truth. All of it was true, but she also left out some details. Her Aunt had insulted her for being like her mother and slapped her across the face a good few times. Aravis was just happy that her bruise had went away before she came to school. "The main reason I dyed my hair is because I thought it was pretty and wanted to have the same hair color as my friend Ayleid, but her hair is naturally this color because shes albino. At least I think that's what she said. She was going to dye her hair black like mine was but her parents wouldn't let her."

Anastasia recognized Aravis' smile that could only mean she was in for a bit of a monologue. She listened to her explanation. When Aravis said her friend's parents wouldn't let her dye her hair. "Because it sounds like your family was quite thrilled about it," Anastasia laughed. She was still a bit surprised about how comforting she found being around Aravis. Aravis was a great friend, but she wasn't exactly a comforting person. She supposed that there was something rather nice about knowing that this was a friendship her parents would approve of and wouldn't result in her getting in trouble. Every time she had so much as spoken to another first year, she had worried about whether or not her parents would approve of her associating with them and if not, what exactly her parents would do or say. It was exhausting frankly, and it was really nice not to have to worry about that for a few moments. 

How is your family, by the way?” Anastasia asked. Her parents would certainly want to know how Aravis’ family was doing, although, come to think of it, they could probably see more of each other if they chose since her parents, her mother especially, suddenly had a lot more spare time.

When Asked about her family the girl couldn't help but frown. Every memory always lead back to her Aunt, who Aravis insisted would get herself killed one day. "Ah, my family. Well, Lucien is here and still...himself so I suppose he's ok. My cousin Odette stays to herself, she's here as well. Maven comes next year, he's still evil and hyper. Cal got a job finally but doesn't have much time for Maven anymore. Father and Alice seem to be doing better, but I still can't accept that woman as my step-mother, and he still misses my mom. Aunt Farrah is rejoicing at the fact that I'm away from home. Uncle Arthur is trying to destroy our title. So yeah...fun times. Oh and we have a new addition, we took in a girl named Verla since she didn't have a home, she's in Hufflepuff." Aravis said not even breathing through that whole talk. She wanted to get the bitter words out of her mouth. 

She tried to remain calm to prevent another out burst from happening. Last time she had been asked about her family it didn't end so well. Everyone assumed she had the perfect rich girl life but it was a nightmare. She was glad she could talk to Anastasia about it with out flipping out.

"Why does she not have a home?" Anastasia asked before thinking better of it and biting her lip. That was rather blunt, and her mother certainly would not have approved of her being so forward about something, even with Aravis. She really did want to know, though. Was she an orphan? Or had she been disowned, much like Anastasia expected to be soon. A part of her found it rather funny - the two Pureblood, rich girls having such families, but more of her was scared. She'd mailed her letter that morning, and had hardly stopped thinking about it since. Her parents would certainly be displeased with her placement in Gryffindor, but exactly how displeased was hard to tell. Her cousin had been disowned just before her fourth year, in part because she'd been placed in Hufflepuff. The mere idea that it was so much as a possibility terrified Anastasia. Her parents wouldn't do that to her just because she was put in Gryffindor, right? 

It occurred to her that catching up with an old friend in the middle of a crowded hallway wasn't exactly the best idea, and she glanced around for somewhere to go. She saw an empty bench and motioned towards it before beginning to walk that way herself.