Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

Lost  PV   Asher Owens 

Ash chuckled softly at the comment about the hat. The whole idea still sort of freaked him out. Talking hats were no the norm in his life so having one make a decision for him was a bit weird. It was true though that he didn't understand that hat's decision to put him into Ravenclaw. It hadn't exactly been that he didn't want to be in Ravenclaw (he didn't know the houses well enough to know which ones were good or bad or which one he wanted to be in) but when he had found out that Ravenclaws were supposed to be the smart ones, he had immediately started to doubt the hat's choice. Meeting the other first years of his class had done nothing to make him feel any better since all of them had seemed extremely smart. It sounded as though she didn't quite understand the hat's choice either. Still, Ash thought that she was the perfect Gryffindor.

"All the moving staircases keep confusing me. I was just trying to find the library but it seems to be impossible." He said with a sheepish grin. The map that was now tucked away in his satchel hadn't really been helping him at all with finding things at this school. While he disliked the fact that he was constantly getting lost and was probably going to end up stuck in some mystery room before classes even started, he didn't mind wandering down the halls. The old castle was beautiful and the medieval atmosphere intrigued him. This was nothing like the muggle world and while that scared him more than a little bit, it was also interesting. Perhaps that was why he had been chosen for Ravenclaw, he was curious about everything.

Reducio
If Anastasia wants to go exploring with him, she's going to have to ask him. He's too quiet to ask her

I've come to accept that everything I do will never be good enough

Lost  PV   Asher Owens 

All the moving staircases keep confusing me. I was just trying to find the library but it seems to be impossible.
He was such a perfect Ravenclaw. She noted that one of the first things she had done that day had been go to the library, but it hadn't been the very first thing she'd done, and she certainly wouldn't have kept hunting for it after getting lost. Well, maybe she would have, but it would have been more because she was stubborn and had set out to do something, and less because she was dying to see the library. "How committed to are you to going to the Library at this particular time? Because if you wanted, I could help you get a bit of a bearing of this place. Mind you, it would be the blind being lead by the slightly less blind, but I'd be more than happy to you out if you wanted," she offered. He seemed like nice enough company and she ever so hated wandering around alone. Not only did she detest loneliness, but it also made her look weak. She liked having a posse with her at most times or at the very least one other person. It was just one of the many things her parents had drilled into her - "Purebloods get what they want most of the time, and popular people get what they want most of the time, so if you're both, than you can get what you want all the time." She wasn't so sure about the logic, but she liked the idea behind it.

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

Lost  PV   Asher Owens 

Maybe Anastasia had realized he made a good Ravenclaw before Ash himself did. To him the first thing he did was obviously going to be the library. Libraries were a good way to tell what the values of the institution you were in and the people around you. If certain things were censored that showed something about the place you were in. Asher also just liked libraries, not even just to read all the time. He liked the way they felt. Calming, tranquil, like hot chocolate and cookies after a cold day outside. While Asher did like to read, it wasn't really his favorite thing to do but that wasn't why he liked the library. Of course it wasn't the most important thing for him to get to (actually he thought that getting some food might be nice but he couldn't find the place they ate) and if Anastasia wanted to go somewhere else he didn't mind at all.

"Well, even if we do get lost. I wouldn't mind it as much with someone else." He replied in his always soft voice. Ash didn't like speaking loud, he had been taught that it was rude by his father. If he was going to speak, he had to be really saying something not just talking, and when he spoke it would always be in a respectful, soft but commanding and confident. True leaders didn't need to speak loudly to be heard, people just listened.
"I don't need to get to the library. Honestly, just knowing where I actually am would be useful." He joked, giving her a sheepish smile. He knew he was in a hallway that should be close to the Astronomy Tower, but he couldn't see it anywhere at all.

Lost  PV   Asher Owens 

She noticed that his voice was rather soft. It reminded her of what her mother had always taught her - if you had to raise your voice to get people to listen, then you didn’t have anything worth listening too. There was also the fact that it was incredibly unladylike to speak too loudly, but she doubt that applied to Ash. Still, since he was so obviously not from a Pureblood family like hers, she wondered what his family was like. It absolutely fascinated her that two people could come from such totally different worlds and yet have so many shared philosophies. 

After listening to the rest of his response, she began to formulate any idea. “Why don’t we explore a bit and I’ll tell you some interesting things about the Wizarding World and you tell me about the Muggle World?” she suggested. She knew her parents wouldn’t approve of this on several accounts, amusingly enough the least of which being they didn’t want her alone with boys since they thought that was just begging for gossip. She would certainly have to be careful what friends she mentioned in her letter Home, seeing as her parents would only actually approve of  one of them. The rest were Half blood and even a muggle born, and while her parents didn’t detest half bloods with the same vigor as muggle borns, they still didn’t want their precious daughter associating with them.

I only act like I know everything. Maybe I'm scared that someone will find out I don’t. Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

Lost  PV   Asher Owens 

Sorry for taking so long!

Asher smiled brightly at her. A real smile this time. All bright white teeth and dimples. Just as Asher hated being called adorable, he hated his dimples beyond belief. They were like the epitome of cute so he despised them. Usually his smiles were soft enough that his cheeks didn't dimple but this wide smile made them totally noticeable.
"I'd like that." He replied. Brushing his hair out of his eyes he made a mental note to cut it soon. At home his hair was usually always kept short since that was the army way but his father Alex hadn't been home for a while and his other father Jonas wasn't really into the whole military thing. In fact his parents were so different that Asher couldn't help but spend a lot of time wondering how they had gotten together in the first place. Jonas was soft and loving while Alex was strict and distant. Asher had very quickly learned to go to Jonas (his papa) when he wanted something rather than Alex (his dad). But somehow they worked well together and Asher had never had a doubt in the world that his parents loved each other beyond words. They were always kind and understanding with each other and in his entire life, Asher had only ever heard Alex yell at his papa once and he had never heard Jonas yell at Alex.

"So, what do you want to know? Have you ever seen a movie?" He asked conversationally, trying to make sure that this friendship was going to work. It was going to be important to have allies at this big school if he wanted to survive. The last thing he wanted was to have to explain to his papa that he couldn't handle this school. And then of course he would have to tell his dad that he had left military school, which was not going to be good. He needed to make it work here, and having allies was going to be important.

Lost  PV   Asher Owens 

Reducio
No worries! I haven’t been on quite as much with the start of school and all that accompanying fun...

"A what?" Anastasia asked, laughing a bit. Whatever a movie was, movie was an incredibly stupid name. Honestly, couldn't people have a little more imagination when naming things? Not that wizards were much better in that regard - they named the Wolfsbane potion after the key ingredient. Medieval names for thing were far better. She'd been doing a bit of reading in some of her textbooks so she would know what would be covered first, and the other names she had come across for wolfsbane plant were far better than Wolfsbane. Her personal favorite was Queen of Poisons, although she rather liked Devil's Helmet as well. You’ve gone off on a completely and utterly unrelated tangent, she told herself. She did that rather often. She’s be thinking about one thing and then a moment later she’d be thinking about some random topic that she had no idea why she was thinking about. It was a rather annoying habit and she was lucky that she didn’t do that much when she was speaking.

I can’t say that I have. In fact, I don’t think I’ve actually heard of movies,” Anastasia admitted a bit sheepishly. She hated not knowing things, even if her parents didn’t know them and chose not to know them. She always liked to know everything, and she thought not knowing made people look rather foolish. It occurred to her that, by that same logic, a muggle would probably consider her rather foolish. The idea almost made her laugh. For two reasons - one, the idea that her parents would ever let her be in a situation where she’d actually meet a muggle, and two, the idea that she would seem foolish to anyone. She had grown up being a bit of a know it all, and her mother had rather liked bragging about it. All of her mother’s friends had even grudgingly agreed that Anastasia was certainly a bright child, which really meant something considering the way that Pureblood mothers compared their children like dancing monkeys. Annnnd, you’re bloody doing it again, she reminded herself. 

Back