Corridors

Register
Sign in

Pre-Curfew Explorations  Nadea Jarrah   Finished 

Luella was very much against any sort of rule breaking, but she supposed that an hour or so of wandering couldn't hurt. Well actually, she didn't know what time it was or the actual curfew time, but she trusted that Nadea wasn't lying. Exiting the room, Luella glanced behind her to check if anyone had followed them out,  then returned to her position behind Nadea. She did, if it came to it, intend to blame everything on her after all. 
 "I still can't believe they put me in the House that sleeps in the bloody dungeon. In the dungeon! It's disgusting!" She yelled, now that the entrance was sealed shut behind them. Having studied Hogwart's layout extensively on the train, Luella knew enough to point out the stone staircase that would take the pair up to the Entrance Hall.     "It is bizarre though, just a few weeks ago I was practically boarded up in my room every day, just... studying. My parents would be quite cross to know that all of that is practically useless now." Luella laughed as she finished that sentence, for the first time since the sorting ceremony. 
  "Er, do you have the passphrase to get back in?" She asked, turning to phase Nadea. "I was... y'know, preoccupied."

\ (•◡•) / Not a Slytherin, I swear. | Certified lore-nerd.

Nadea wasn't so much a rule breaker, more so an advocate of fun. She wasn't disruptive, or rude, simply went to the limit of what she was allowed to do. In simple terms, Nadea didn't allow herself to be tied down. 

"I still can't believe they put me in the House that sleeps in the bloody dungeon. In the dungeon! It's disgusting!"

"Hey... hey! Come on now, I sleep in their too. Dungeons can be nice... they're cosy and sheltered," Nadea smiled, taking the bright side of the arrangement. She didn't share any of Luella's distaste for Slytherin. She was, in fact, happy to be placed in a house that her two older siblings were not also in. She smiled uneasily at Luella's hysteric outburst echoing through the corridor. 

"Er, do you have the passphrase to get back in?" She asked, turning to phase Nadea. "I was... y'know, preoccupied."

Nadea giggled," ooof course I do!" she rung, it actually took a few seconds of intense brain rattling to remember it, but she did remember. She begun walking with Luella down towards the staircase she had pointed to, looking at her feet as she did. "Hey, wait a second, what did you mean by practically useless now?" she questioned, raising a brow, turning to face her but continued walking. 

Within OOC, please refer to me as Aaron.

Luella trailed just behind Nadea, offloading most of the exploration and general decision-making to her. She wished she had grabbed her map, actually, but it was packed up somewhere in the girl's dormitory.

"Well, I don't expect to be discussing theoretical physics and evolution here. I think that even my parents would be angry about my sorting, and they don't even know what a Slytherin is." Luella hissed her last word, clearly still quite bitter about the whole thing. She had a way of speaking that could only be described as sounding a bit stuck up, putting extra stress on certain words for added effect. Nearly tripping on her robes again, Luella unfastened the knot that held them closed, putting into full view her standard issue school uniform. She held her robes up as one would a dress, just enough so that they wouldn't be in her way.

"It is beautiful though, isn't it? I've never seen anything like it. I can hardly wait to get to my classes, though I do wish they'd give us some time to adjust..." Luella stopped abruptly, sort of realizing that she was giving Nadea no chance to speak her mind. "Er... sorry. I'm just a bit excited."

"Where... Where am I?"
The cold air of the Corridors completely surrounded him, hitting his face like frozen needles. Man, it was so cold there. Darius shivered as he kept looking around, still not figuring out where he ended up. He was just wandering for the castle with his eyes almost closed because of sleepiness and a desire to empty his bladder.

He fell asleep on a dusty desk in the Study Room, where he was studying and doing exercises with spells and charms. Clearly, he couldn't bear his need to sleep and, since he was too lazy to walk to his dormitory (which was on the Seventh floor so heh, I can't blame him), he decided to take a nap inside the Study Room. He was alone anyway, so no one would have seen him.
His nap lasted some hours and, when he woke up, it was already late evening. However, he was still sleepy. He got out and started walking through the Corridors, hoping to find the Boys' lavatory. He went upstairs and downstairs several times, no one was around and he still didn't know where the Lavatory was. Yep, he was lost.
'What do I do...' He thought in despair, which woke him up a little.
Then, he saw the two Slytherin students wandering in the Corridors, just like him. His eyes started sparkling with joy as he approached them.

He could clearly see two girls, one had her head covered by a scarf and one with long, black hair. But oh, oh man.
The one with the black hair was... G o r g e o u s.
He kept staring at her for a while with vacant and dreamy eyes, his mouth slightly open. Her skin was pure and white like fresh snow, which made a contrast with her beautiful, long and wavy hair, as black as the deepest night. She was so small and pretty, her beauty had something magical, a chemistry that Darius wasn't able to explain. He just knew that girl was absolutely cute.

He swallowed and then he finally approached them, beginning to feel the air warmer somehow.
"H-hello girls..." He said, waving his slender, shaky hand.
He didn't want to make a first bad impression but damn, he looked like a creep.
"What are you up to? It's pretty late, you know..."
You could see he was clearly nervous, starting with his smile. He was shivering a bit, a drop of cold sweat was running down his neck and his heart was pounding faster than usual. Maybe he was sick? He didn't really know. He even forgot to ask where the bathroom was, but he didn't care at the moment.
Last edited by Darius De Amoris on 19th February 2018, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If you can dream it, you can do it!"

"Yeah, it really is. It's a castle. And I, its much needed princess," Nadea lifted her head and gave a chubby cheeked smile, her face as though directed to the heavens. She walked out of these underground corridors with Luella, heaving at the last few steps for comedic affect. 

She then stopped. Nadea looked utterly disgusted. She raised a brow, and lifted a hand slowly, pointing. "What... the heck... is that...?" she asked quietly, looking extremely uncomfortable. It was of course,  Darius. She at first was about to take a step back behind Luella. She didn't want to be anywhere near him. What is that look he has in his eyes... and why is he sweating?! Oh god, he's walking up to us. Nadea breathed, controlling herself. She wouldn't let herself be afraid, even if a creepy boy was approaching them in the night. She took a step in front of Luella, blocking her from his view, her arms crossed, as though protecting her fellow Slytherin. "We're going for a walk. We know what time it is, obviously," Nadea told. She was usually nice, but this boy. She didn't understand what was wrong with him. She had no interest in boys and found this whole situation at the height of strangeness. She was not used to people being like this around her. 
Nadea stared at him, tapping a foot. Her eyes squinted as she studied him. 

Reducio
OOC: Nadea is wearing a scarf, her hair isn't brown. D-did you even look?! But in all seriousness, her hair is an unknown colour and its reveal is the main story line in year six. Preferably edit.

Reducio
OOC: Whoops, sorry. Fixed that.

The Gryffindor immediately stopped as soon as he saw the other girl walking in front of Luella. His sick-like feelings suddenly stopped and his glance got a bit disappointed.
"Uh..." He murmured, moving a bit his head to the left to keep looking at the black haired girl.
He probably had never seen her around in those days, but she looked almost angry with him. His slender and small body was covered by his cloak, which had small tomato sauce stains on it. His tie was messed up, so was his shirt, which was wrinkled. His red curls looked fluffier and puffier than usual.
He stared at Nadea for a few seconds, but he couldn't understand what was wrong with her. Did he do something to her? Was he scaring them?
Oh, yeah! He didn't introduce himself! How impolite.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm Darius by the way, nice to meet you. I'm sorry if I interrupted you" He said, trying to look like a reliable and hospitable person.
He smiled kindly at her, maybe everything was fixed up now.
However, he walked around Nadea to stand in front of Luella. He wanted to make friends, yes, but he didn't care very much about Nadea at that moment. Not with Luella around.
"Uhm... Are you sure you don't need anything?" He asked. Any question was fine so long as he could talk to her.
He immediately felt those feelings coming back like lots of strong but beautiful shots in his chest, his face was turning into a deep pink by the seconds.

Luella could almost laugh at Nadea's apparent fear, if it didn't scare her so much to see. Looking over her shoulder, Luella couldn't quite tell what was making Nadea so apprehensive- it was only a boy. While not nearly as tense as her friend, Luella did take the time to retie her robes, though she of course only had time to do the top part, which made it entirely pointless. Clutching her wand from within her sleeve, she pushed Nadea a bit to the side to get a better look. 

"Er... It's a boy... Do they not have boys where you come from, Nadea? Actually, that sounds quite nice..." She said, looking off blankly towards the end. "We...  are just looking around." Squinting, she looked at Darius a bit funny. "Did you just wake up or something? Uh, no offence intended of course." Luella looked a bit worried as Darius walked to face her, though this was more because of Nadea than any actual fear. Sliding her wand back into her sleeve, she reached out her hand to shake Darius's. "How... pleasant..." She said, trying not to sound rude. Turning to Nadea, she half expected to see her run away, not that she wanted that of course. 

Darius didn't listen to almost anything of what Luella said. He didn't understand her name either. Maybe she just didn't tell him? He didn't remember, but that didn't matter.
He was too focused on her eyes, her soft lips and her tiny, feminine hands. He wished so bad he could have touched them.
When the handshake happened, his mind went totally blank for a moment, but he could still feel his blood reaching his cheeks, which became hot and as red as a tomato. The boy opened a little his mouth in amazement, holding her hand a bit tighter than normal, but then he let it go after a second. He could feel her soft flesh underneath his slender finger, it was such a good feeling...
He would have never washed his hand again, he thought.

When she asked him about his weird looking appearance, he blushed even more, trying to cover his dirty and wrinkled clothes with his hands.
"U-uh? What? No! Of course not! I... uhm... Had a really hard duel with another student some hours ago. We fought so hard..." He answered, obviously lying, trying to look proud and credible.
He scratched the back of his head, he was clearly anxious and after that reply, an awkward silence was created. He deeply stared into her eyes, mainly because he didn't know where else to look at. He wanted to say something more, but nothing came out of his dry mouth.
He coughed a few times, feeling that cold sweat running through his back.
"So..." He continued, shy and embarrassed.
He wanted to keep up the conversation, but it was really late, even for him. He tried to hold back a yawn with all of his strength, keeping his mouth as shut as possible. He didn't want to look sleepy or anything! But he just couldn't help it.

Nadea squinted her eyes, studying both Luella and Darius as they went about their exchange. It turned her stomach. Why were they acting so dreamy to one another. This was making Nadea cringe. She felt uncomfortable. This wasn't pleasant to be standing so closely to. 
When Luella commented on her not knowing boys, her eye twitched. She definitely knew boys, her frustrated mind ran through a list of boys she knew, starting with her brother. Just to reassure herself that she knew boys. What she didn't know was some creepy guy who wandered towards her at night, covered in sweat and weirdly staring. Yet, Luella wasn't going to catch on, she seemed to have been put in a trance too. 

"So yeah," Nadea continued what Darius was saying," it's late, curfew is soon and I'm pretty sure I hear a teacher coming," Nadea took a step between Darius and Luella, not even looking at either of them. "We'll be going now, don't want to be breaking rules..." she chimed, reminding Luella of the overbearing Hogwarts rules. Nadea stood there, awaiting an answer, her chin raised. She was pretty caring about Luella, but this situation was not a comfortable one. She may like Darius another day, but for now, he was just disturbing her with ever passing moment. 

Luella was maybe not quite disgusted as Nadea was, but she was a bit frightened - and certainly not dreamy! She was 11, and could not possibly care less about such things. Seeing the way Nadea was acting was definitely funny though, and she almost wanted to stay for that alone. Still, Nadea was in her house, and pretty much the only person she had made any semblance of a friendship with, so she didn't want to ruin that. Plus, she definitely didn't want to get in trouble, having had a completely clean record in her previous schools. Luella didn't even notice that she had begun clutching Nadea's arm, or that she was subconsciously pushing her forward. 

"Right, yea, uh... We're gonna go... Do stuff... Y'know, very important uh... house business, and all that - top secret..." She said, stuttering along as she spoke, utterly unsure of what to say. She wanted to run, actually, but that would be rude, and she didn't want to offend him. Luella nearly tripped as she shoved Nadea forward, catching herself by grabbing onto her shoulders. It didn't even occur to her how absolutely stupid she must have looked, nothing really occured to her besides the overwhelming need to get away.

The Gryffindor boy was a little unsure as well. It was the first time he approached a girl with those kinds of feelings and not to only make friends.
Darius had never been the kind of child who rejected girls, nor he disgusted them, unlike most boys of his age. Usually, boys used to play sports with other boys, but he didn't.
When he attended muggle elementary school he would have loved to play with girls, but unfortunately, most of them didn't even want to talk with him. They just left him alone to play with dolls by himself.
That's where his insecurity of girls was born. He was just afraid they would have rejected him and that was definitely the case.

He wasn't a complete idiot, he understood the girls were in a high discomfort around him and his smile slowly turned into a desolate frown. He sighed deeply and those dreamy feelings were soon gone. He realized that maybe he just messed things up, as usual. He just couldn't help but listen to his heart instead of his mind most of the time, that often got him in trouble.
"Uhm... Yes, sure, it's okay. I'll leave you alone now," He said in a low voice, definitely not cheerful nor anxious "I'm sorry... Goodnight, girls" He finally said, smiling one last time before turning around and leaving those two Slytherins by themselves.

As his steps got farther and farther, his feelings for the black haired girl slowly vanished. He was usually a really determined boy, who would have fought for his desires and dreams, but that time he just decided to give up. Come on, he couldn't lose time with girls! Maybe he finally decided to listen to his head, once and for all.

Or maybe he knew, deep inside, that his heart was already taken by someone else. Who knows.

He stared at the end of the empty corridor, realizing just now he forgot to ask where the bathroom was.

Reducio
Topic left

Nadea nodded along while Luella spoke, folding her arms as she as she was now becoming very defensive and not backing up Luella's stuttering with a little more strength. All of this subconsciously. Near the end, Nadea closed her eyes and nodded her head, the words Luella was speaking sounded like music to her ears.
Yet, she was surprised. The boy who wandered towards them in the night like a bug towards a lumos charm, had simply decided to say goodnight and walk away. She watched him go, not even questioning her own actions. Why should she? Nadea did the right thing. If it weren't for her, Luella might even be drooling by now. She had known that bringing up the curfew was manipulating Luella, but she too was beginning to worry about the curfew too. It wouldn't be long now before teachers would be patrolling the corridors. 

"Goodnight," she nearly whispered as he parted, then turned and lowered her gaze to her feet. "Let's go back to our room, Luella," Nadea smiled, hugging herself from the chill that ran through the corridors. She was hoping her bed would be nice and cosy, it looked like it was. She looked at her friend, then humbly, tiredly smiled.

Luella said little on their way back to the dorm, which wasn't actually all that hard considering they'd only managed to make it like 30 feet away. She was a bit bummed about that, but figured she could always look around later. They would, after all, be there for the entire term. Luella clung to Nadea's arm on the way back without even realizing. She wasn't even really scared, unless you counted the possibility that they were breaking curfew. Luella highly doubted this, though, figuring that that conversation with Darius was definitely not that long. 

Luella said nothing of how rude she thought Nadea had been back there, largely because she didn't want that treatmant herself, and suspected Nadea may just be the evil Slytherin stereotype that she was so paranoid about. She couldn't actually blame her anyway, as she was a bit weirded out herself, but at least she wasn't rude. Luella dreaded returning to her Common Room, half hoping Nadea would forget the password and they could just sleep in the halls or something. Of course then they'd be breaking rules, so Luella shoved those thoughts away. She hoped that, at the very least, Marcus was asleep by now. She had a very deep and probably undeserved hatred of him, for one reason or another.