Corridors

Register
Sign in

A new Stranger  pv Josephine Bryan   Closed 

The red head walked around the corner and ran into a girl. She was not in the mood to deal with any snotty person, so she quickly apologized and looked at her. "Oh! I've never seen you before! I'm Verla, and no I'm not a Veela, so make me mad and I wont turn into a raging monster." Verla giggled. 

Oliver, as always, poked his head at the new person and saw nothing but bratty and snotty attitude from her, and he was cautious about her. "Don't mind Ollie, he's harmless unless you try to chop down his little tree under my bed. Right Oliver?" She snuggled the little bowtruckle in her hand and on her shoulder. She stuck out her hand to the stranger and waited for her to say her name, she had a feeling she wasn't going to like her at first, but she gave her a pretty and bright smile anyway. 

She sat down on a bench and made room for the girl to sit next to her. Her beauty and charm could take most snotty people, but not people like Aravis Escanora. Either way, she had a feeling this one would be a bit different than normal.
Last edited by Serena Towers on 31st July 2018, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

It was very easy to get lost in Hogwarts. And very tiring. Especially when your common room was literally up in the clouds.  At this point she felt she was aimlessly wondering around until a prefect came to her rescue. The shoes for this ruddy uniform were killing her feet. If she couldn't find her way around, she at least wanted to find somewhere to sit. But as she was growing annoyed, WHAM, another, living person slammed right into her.

Normally she would be annoyed, but right now she was just thankful to find somebody who might know their way around. Thankfully the girl started talking first. Jo found herself a little awkward to do it herself.  "Oh! I've never seen you before! I'm Verla.."

Jo looked at the floor a little after the girl's energetic greeting. "No, not many have it seems" she trailed off, sounding just a little sad. But the small creature she was petting instantly distracted her. Was that a bowtruckle? She had never seen one up close? It was such a fascinating sight! She kind of got the impression the little thing did not like her though. Did bowtruckles bite? Now a whole new set of things to worry about came to her. 

An outstretched hand brought her back to earth. She slowly reached out and took this energetic girl's offer for a handshake. "I am Josep-" she cut herself off and shook her head "I am Jo Bryan. Yes, Jo will work"

Jo quickly joined Verla on the bench, visibly grateful to get off of her feet. "Erm, does it bite? Are they venomous?" She asked while watching the bowtrukle carefully. 

"That is Jo to you"

"No! No, he's quite harmless, bowtruckles are known to protect the trees that wands are made of, so I put one under my bed so he can protect that one, though it isn't very big and I asked a teacher or and older student to put a charm on it to make it stop growing at a certain length. Like one of those Chinese trees that they trim to a certain shape and it doesn't get very big. His name is Oliver, and he's very friendly, would you like to hold him?" Verla asked kindly and handed him to her, before then she had told Oliver to stay calm and not bite her, though he wasn't poisonous. Jo Bryan seemed to be better than she expected.

Which she couldn't complain about, since Aravis was a different story. She had met Aravis once in the library, and that was the first week her parents had forgotten about ever wanting her. She had taken a series off of the shelves when Aravis came and told her to put all but one back. She was right so Verla did, then she went and sat down somewhere by herself and cried. It was the first time Verla had ever seen such kindness from a girl like her, even though she was one of a kind.

I don't think this is godmodding if it's just a memory she had, right?

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

"Hold him? Err..." she wasn't sure what to answer. The little creature was fascinating. An adorable protector of wand wood. But on the other hand, didn't protector imply it had some kind of fighting ability? Some kind of way of attacking? What if it decided she was a threat? What if just didn't like her? But it seemed like the answer was decided for her as the tiny creature was handed to her. 

She let it sit in her outstretched palm as she watched it. It was so odd. And here she thought the boy with the pymy puff was odd. "How do you feed it? I am not sure my father would approve of me having a such a pet. Your family must be very odd" She simply couldn't imagine a home filled with creatures like this. Was it like keeping one of those pesky garden gnomes as a pet? Could you train doxies? There were so many questions she had coming to her mind. As of right now, she couldn't wait for care of magical creatures.  "I bet such a unique pet would cost an awful lot" not that the concept of cost really mattered to Jo. She couldn't even remember the last time her father said something was too expensive. 

"That is Jo to you"

"I let him hunt for bugs, that's what he eats, and I actually found him my first day here, when I'd gotten my fantastic beasts book, I came to the woods and looked for one right away. I found him fighting a beetle, so I stepped on it and he's been mine ever since. I suppose he could be expensive, I'm not sure if he's even sold in the stores since he's a wand wood protector. He has the ability to gouge out peoples eyes, but he wont harm you I promise." Her voice was bold as she said this, making her promise sound strong, for a Ravenclaw, she was kind of stubborn a bit. In a way Verla may never understand. 

Verla took him back and put him in the hood of her robe. "A few professors have been trying to make me do the 'right' thing and put him back in the wild. But his family dissed him, and he's too young to be on his own quite yet." Verla had made a vow to herself that in a year or so he would have to be let go, but until them, she loved him with all her heart.

Jo made a face. Do the right thing. She was very, very used to rules. Home had a lot of them. Hogwarts did too. She was starting to learn there was a certain satisfaction in breaking them. Maybe Verla felt the same. Maybe this pet was her way of rebelling. Jo could understand that. Though she wouldn't go to that extreme. Maybe just a piercing or two. A new hair color. Nothing as extreme as keeping a bowtrukle. 

"Maybe the right thing isn't always so clear. Maybe the creature's own decisions should be honored, yes?" Jo was going to rush to the library as soon as she could. She needed to know more about the tiny little thing. That and the laws pertaining to them. "Maybe there will be something about them in Care of Magical creatures. Something that would help you care for him? It must be more complicated than a cat or a toad" Though she did not yet have a pet of her own, Jo was always fascinated with Owls. With anything that could fly really. "Will it get much bigger? That may be why they are so concerned," if this little thing grew to the size of a tree, it would be very hard to hide it under your bed, Jo joked to herself.  

"That is Jo to you"

"He's not going to get much bigger, and he agrees with everything that I agree too, but note I do always ask him what he wants. So please don't insult me like that, I would always listen to my companion if something were wrong. Wouldn't you?" Verla asked, she was a bit offended by what the girl had said. But she didn't want to have another relationship like she did with Dorothy Do. She was enemies with her, and plus, she was all about 'daddy this' and 'daddy that' when it came to Oliver. It got on her nerves just thinking about her.

After what the girl said, she decided it was time for her to leave, so she turned on her heels and began walking but stopped and turned around. Her eyebrows furrowed together "I'm sorry,  I just hate it when people think they know everything about Oliver. Bowtruckles protects wood wand trees, give them woodlice and they'll be distracted while you cut down the tree, only an idiot would forget that unless they wanted to go blind. I don't remember if I mentioned that, I've had a very short memory lately. People I tell that to say someone must keep doing the obliviate spell on me all the time, but I know they just tease."