Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

Quidditch  PV James Lachoneus   Closed 

James watched as Kat pointed her wand at the door. James was honestly excited to see what magic she would do now. He watched and listened as she did the spell.
"Alohomora," she said. She performed a wand movement that at first looked like a weird "s" shape. After considering it a little longer, he realized it looked a bit like a rounded lock with the top ring unlatched.
James didn't know if this would help him learn the spell himself, but he guessed it wouldn't hurt to try and pay attention.
The lock fell off with a clank and Kat pulled out two brooms, one for her and one for him. He accepted it gratefully. This hadn't been his first time touching a magical broomstick, but his first time holding one. He lightly brushed his hand down the wood, feeling the length of the broom.
"Ready?" he heard Kat ask.
James looked up at her from the broom and a grin spread across his face.
"Yeah. I'm ready." he said. Phoenix clapped quietly behind them, and James wondered if Phoenix could tell how loud he actually was.
James held the broom to his side and assumed a ready position.
"Let's go!"

Make a dragon in your mind and then paint it on your shoulder.
~Coming back from long absence...~
Stamina 6, Agility 6, Strength 4, Control 5, Arcane Power 4, Accuracy 5

Kat chuckled, shaking her head slightly as she started to walk, holding the broom by her side nonchalantly as she stuffed her wand back into her robes. 
So... What're you gon' do if you get caught?
Shut up, Kyle... 
You should have a plan ready.
Flying off.
A real plan.
Hoping they don't see my face?
You're hopeless.
Kat huffed softly before shaking her head, looking over at who she now considered her friends and looped her arm with James' and looped the other in the arm of Phoenix, holding the broom in her hand that was closest to Phoenix.

Kat smiled at them "You both are too much," she joked, tucking some of her hair behind her ear, not realising that she had done it until a few seconds later and she was itching to move it back into place but had made a silent promise to herself to not worry too much about the eye and act like a normal child... Well, as normal as a person can get when they have a voice in their head that the named Kyle. She glanced at James, trying to get her heart pumping again and keep the excitement pumping through her veins so that she wouldn't start being a bummer.  

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

James had to stop himself multiple times from skipping or hopping with excitement as the made their way through the castle towards the outside. Eventually, he couldn’t help it and just let it happen.
“You both are too much.” Kat joked.
James nodded, smiling back at her, happy to see her smiling too, so naturally and nice!
“I know that!” James answered. Looking over at Kat, he noticed that she wasn’t trying to hide her red eye anymore. James hadn’t ever gotten a good look at it, but now, he could. He looked into it, not sure if Kat could see him looking at it. James pondered on it in his mind. He could see why people might be afraid of it. It wasn’t normal. People tend to be afraid of things that aren’t normal.
But as James gazed at Kat, he wasn’t afraid. He looked at her and didn’t see anything wrong. He looked at her and saw his friend.

Throughout their journey to the exit/entrance of the castle, Phoenix took the initiative to scout ahead at certain points to make sure the coast was clear. Eventually, they got out of the large castle doors, and James was surprised they did so without getting caught at all!

Kat noticed how James had stared at her eye yet he didn't flinch away or suddenly say that he wanted to go or say anything about it, causing Kat to smile, looking away from him as she glanced around the corridors, listening intently to see if anyone was coming. Once they got out of the castle Kat breathed a sigh of relief, looking around. She had half expected to get caught and to see that it hadn't happened yet was fairly good news. She ruffled James' hair, letting go of both of their arms since she had kept reconnecting them each time Phoenix rejoined them after he made sure the coast was clear for them. 

"Quidditch Arena?" Kat asked, looking over at James, a small smile playing on her lips as she thought of when she would become a second year and be able to try out for Quidditch. She didn't stop walking towards the Quidditch arena, if James wanted to go somewhere else, which Kat wouldn't understand since there's almost nowhere else to go, she would follow him, making sure he wouldn't get hurt from falling or anything that would involve the brooms since not only would it trace back to Kat, it would also mean that she was the reason that he was hurt by default. 

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

Reducio
I would like to invite you to this new RPG idea that I had. You and some others that I'm inviting for a big adventure role play! (Sorry if I seem too cheesy...)

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=417

James grinned and tried to duck as Kat ruffled his hair. He laughed a bit, letting the wind carry it away as he lifted up his hand in an attempt to fix it, even though he knew any attempt would be in vain. "Quidditch Arena?" Kat asked.
James thought for a moment. He had been interested in the idea of Quidditch but hadn't tried it out yet. Earlier, he had ridden with someone on one broom, them sharing it, but other than that, James had never flown before.
James shrugged in response. "Sure, I guess. I've never actually flown, so we'll see how this goes." he said dangerously optimistic. James started to mount his broom and out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Phoenix shaking his head, or helmet, and looking away.
"Hey!" James protested. "You don't know if I'll do bad!"
Phoenix shrugged as if to say, "I can guess."
James ignored him and gripped the handle tightly. He looked over at Kat.
"Ready?" he asked.

Reducio
Sorry that I didn't reply, my birthday was on the 23rd and everyone wanted to celebrate in through the weekend and then I had to worry about school. Thank you for waiting. 

Kat looked at James, nodding shortly before getting on her broom and kicking into the air and floating in place. "Yea, I'm ready. But are you sure that you won't fall off? Do you want me to help?" She questioned, slightly nervous that he would hurt himself or something would happen and she would get in trouble or basically anything that didn't go along with the plan in her head that everything would be fine. 

Her hands were gripped around the handle of the broomstick so tightly that her knuckles had turned white in colour. Kat nearly rolled her eyes at his optimism but soon reminded herself that if he was nervous it could fall off but the other voice in her head kept arguing that if he got too trigger happy he could make a mistake, especially since he's never flown before and could seriously hurt himself. She didn't know whether or not to tell him to actually be slightly nervous or not but quickly shook her head mentally at the idea, no one can do anything scared. 

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

Reducio
Oh, Happy Birthday!  :LOL: 

"Yea, I'm ready. But are you sure that you won't fall off? Do you want me to help?" Kat replied, sounding a little worried.
James shook his head.
"No, it's okay. I'll start slow, and If I fall, Phoenix can catch me!" James said, smiling back at their guardian.
Phoenix responded by saluting and getting in a ready position, holding his arms out as if trying to catch James before he even lifted off into the air.
James chuckled, and shook his head, still really excited for what he was about to do.
“Alright, let’s go!” James shouted, pointing forward at the sky. Nothing happened. He looked down at his broom, which was still on the ground.
From behind him, a loud squeaky chuckle burst from Phoenix who was beside himself with laughter. James blushed and looked back at Kat.
“Um… how do we start it?” James asked, utterly embarrassed. The squeaking intensified behind him, Phoenix doubling over with laughter. James pursed his lips and shook his head at him, even though Phoenix was too busy laughing hysterically to notice. James was pretty sure Phoenix was more of their comic relief rather than their guard, but James wasn’t quite annoyed with him yet… at least not enough to try and get rid of him.

Reducio
Thanks ^^

Kat laughed silently "Say up," she said as she positioned the broom on the floor, doing the same with hers. "Up," she said, her hand out above the broom after she had stood up, causing the broom to fly up into her hand and she mounted it "Grip the handle tightly or you'll fall off the back. Then you kick off hard," She explained, doing exactly as she had just said, "I don't know how to explain moving but think of what you want to do, move your body in that direction and just don't fall off." She smiled slightly, moving closer to James "Got it? Or shall I show you again?" She asked, hovering far enough that he could try and mount the broom if he wanted to without her being on her broom in front of him getting in his way and making him mess up. 

Kat looked at Phoenix, chuckling to herself as she shook her head slightly to herself. He wasn't really helping but Kat couldn't help but laugh at him and how he squeaked when he was trying to laugh. She rolled her eyes, smiling slightly to herself. Phoenix was dumb and not much of a guard but so long as he didn't get them caught she didn't mind him.

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

Reducio
Your Welcome!

I actually just completed my first Flying Lesson and the homework... so I'm just going to update my character in terms of what he knows and can do. Which means he will do slightly better while flying than he would have done before.

James blushed a ruby velvet (OOC: I'm laughing because Ruby and Velvet are both characters in my book series) and dropped his broom onto the ground to the right of him. He had completely forgotten how to start flying a broomstick. He had only had one flying lesson so far, but he should have remembered! It was one of the most exciting things that he had been through during his little time in the Wizarding World. But maybe he had forgotten one of his most exciting times so far because this was the new most exciting thing that he had done.
James tried to shrug it off, and listened to Kat as she tried to explain to him how to do it. She refreshed his memory, and he nodded.
"Thanks. I think I've got it now." he said, nodding his gratitude towards her. He positioned himself on the left side of his broom and stuck his right hand over it.

"Up!" he commanded, and the broom flew right into his hand. It caught him off guard the same way it did when it jumped into his hand instantly during the Flying lesson.
James then mounted his broom and looked over at Kat.
"Alright, we ready now?" he asked, chuckling a little.

Back