Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

Quidditch  PV James Lachoneus   Closed 

Kat turned to James when he called, his footsteps, though somewhat light, still echoing down the corridors. When she turned her hair moved away from her red eye and to the middle of her face, causing both of her eyes to be on full display. Kats' cheeks turned crimson as they heated up with embarrassment and slight anger that her hair hadn't stayed in place and was showing her eye.
Oh, wow. That's nice
I... I hate this.
Someone was gonna see eventually.
I was hoping it would be later before someone fully saw it.
She turned her crimson face away from him, flicking her head to the side and making her hair fall back in place, covering her red eye. 
"Lets'... erm... go," She didn't know what to say with her mind fogged with embarrassment. She started to walk again, her head facing down to the stone floors that suddenly seemed very interesting to look at.
Any way that you can think of fixing this?
No... Nothing will fix that, not without death and that would just make it worse.
Stop talking.
She bit her lip, staring at the floor yet glancing at the suits of armour every time she passed one, feeling as though they were silently laughing at her failure.

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

James caught up to Kat, and started walking through the corridors next to her. He was excited to go and have an adventure, but Kat didn't seem so enthused with the idea anymore. She seemed embarrassed or upset about something, but James couldn't tell what. 
He leaned forward a bit, to get a glimpse of her face.
"Hey? Are you okay?" he asked.
He couldn't go around doing mischief with her if something was wrong... plus, James didn't want there to be anything wrong.
While Kat was still looking down, James quickly stepped aside and grabbed a helmet off of a suit of armor as quietly as he could. He placed it on his head, making himself look ridiculous and returned to Kat's side without her noticing. Once she looked up at him, she had to laugh... James hoped... being random like this always made people laugh, and smiling usually came along with laughing. James tried to breath quietly so that she wouldn't hear something weird with his breathing and look up... at least not yet... James wanted her to look up on her own and see it, because that would make it a lot funnier.

Make a dragon in your mind and then paint it on your shoulder.
~Coming back from long absence...~
Stamina 6, Agility 6, Strength 4, Control 5, Arcane Power 4, Accuracy 5

Kat sighed silently, slightly relieved yet worried.
He didn't see?
I guess not. Aw man. I was hoping he would.
Of course, you would, but I don't want anyone to know... well to see the eye yet, or ill have to explain it and explaining the eye will be doing more than just explaining the eye. I'd have to go into depth about my past and that's not happening, not anytime soon. The second voice huffed at that, still mumbling about how it would have been fine if he saw it.
Kat heard James ask if she was okay and she turned to him, about to answer but the words fell and she stared at him, slightly confused for a second before smiling, turning away and chuckling "That's dumb," she shook her head, nudging him lightly with her elbow. "I don't think that the armour is very happy you took its head." She motioned to the armour that was squeaking as it started to tap where its helmet had been "I think he wants it back." She smiled, tapping on the helmet with her painted black fingernail before shoving her hands into the pockets of her robes, looking at James.

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

James laughed out loud, not able to keep it in any longer.
"That's dumb." Kat said, chuckling at his performance.
James grinned from withing the metal helmet.
"Yeah, but it's funny." he argued playfully. He was glad she had laughed, of course, because that's what he had been trying to get. From inside the helmet, and looking out of the narrow eye holes, James had also seen the traces of a smile on her face, which was exactly what he had been looking for.
"I don't think that the armour is very happy you took its head." she said, "I think he wants it back."
James turned to look back at the set of armor that was panicking at the loss of feeling where it's head would be. At first, James was surprised. He didn't know that the suits moved. 
James shooed Kat's hand away playfully as she tapped on the helmet. He then reached his hands up and slid the helmet off of his head and nodded.
"You're right. I should apologize." he said, resisting the urge to laugh.
James turned and walked back to the set of armor who was slowly making it's way off of it's pedestal, with it's arms outstretched in front of it.
"Over here!" James called, trying to get it's attention. The armor stopped in mid-step and turned around to face in his direction. James stepped up in front of it and reached up to screw its head back on. Once the head was securely in place, the armor looked back and forth, probably trying out the joints in its neck.
James watched it curiously. To what extent were the suits alive? Did they have feelings? 

Kat watched the other suits of armour quiver slightly as suits hadn't been oiled in a while, they squeaked quietly. "They thought it was funny too." She walked up to one of the suits and smiled "Can I do the same to you?" As soon as she had asked that question, the suit of armour stopped its attempt as laughing at the other suit whos head had been gone. "My mum says they're like people. Have the same feelings, can think for themselves, and have a sense of humour but they're like actual knights or soldiers that protect the queen," She said off-handedly as if reading James' mind though she had guessed by the way that he was looking at the armour what was going on in his head. 

Kat tapped the armour lightly, wondering the last time that they had been oiled and what time frame the armour was from, along with other thoughts that didn't matter that she just wanted to know. That was one thing that Kat took pride in, her knowledge of useless facts that she knew wouldn't come in handy but was something that she took time to look up to make sure wasn't accidentally lying. "Let's go," She said to James quietly, not caring if they went right that moment or not.

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

James nodded absentmindedly, while still watching the suit of armor.
So these things did have feelings and emotions. They were almost exactly like people... except they weren't actually living. James wondered if they were capable of dying.
The suit of armor began to nod it's head as it took James' hand and shook it. James took this as a show of gratitude. He shook the metal hand back, and smiled. The suit shook his hand for a moment longer, before jumping back. The armor began to wave its hands in a sort of beckoning motion. James cocked his head at it, confused as to what it was doing.
"Hey, Kat? Do you know what..." James started, but stopped as the suit changed motions, trying a new tactic of communicating with James. As the armor continued to wave his hands around, James watched as it pointed to itself, then to James and wiggled two of it's fingers in a walking motion. Then, it pulled out its sword from the sheath and positioned itself in a ready position.
"Oh!" James exclaimed. "I think he wants to come with us! And guard us or something..."
James' theory was proven by the suit eagerly shaking its head.

Kat looked over at James and the suit, her hair moving again but she quickly pushed it back in place, hoping that James hadn't seen. Her face didn't go face that time and she smiled at the armour, jerking her head down towards the end of the corridors "Then why are we wasting time? Let's go," She chuckled, walking over to them both and grabbing the armour's hand "Onwards! To get the broomstick of legends!' She exclaimed, not loud enough to get in trouble or have anyone else hear her but loud enough for them to hear her. 
By guard, he better mean telling us if someone is coming, distracting them, or helping us escape. Said the second voice as Kat smiled at James, tilting her head to the side, giving her an innocent look yet causing her red eye to be more visible than normal but Kat hadn't noticed yet and was going to try and not worry about her eye too much.
Yea, we really don't need to be expelled for someone dying 'cause he tried protecting us.
Kat started walking again, humming softly to herself, letting her guard down slightly and trying to come off as nicer. Though she had an air of being slightly rude and brushed people off really easily, she was trying to lower her walls, not by much but enough to make her less on edge about everything around her.

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

James grinned at Kat's optimism.
"Then why are we wasting time? Let's go," Kat exclaimed.
James grabbed a hold of the suit's other hand and pointed forward through the corridors. 
"Yes! Onward!" he said, keeping his voice to a medium volume.
"Onward! To get the broomstick of legends!" Kat said.
"Yes! To the broomstick of legends-" James repeated.
Wait, what? James thought. He let out a small laugh at Kat's comment.
As they started to walk, James looked over at Kat and saw her red eye again. She hadn't told him yet how she got it, but James didn't mind too much. He thought it didn't look bad, and it looked pretty cool, if he was being completely honest. 
As they continued down the corridor, James found their trio humorous, because it reminded him a bit of the muggle tale called "The Wizard of Oz". He imagined the suit of armor walking next to him was the Tin Man who joined Dorothy, who would probably be Kat, on her journey. But then, what would James be? The dog, Toto? The Scarecrow? James couldn't really imagine himself as either... but if he was ever to be in a play for the Wizard of Oz, James wouldn't complain about playing either role...

Kat started running her hands on the armour, it made a noise, seeming almost embarrassed when she ran her hand down the arm, cleaning it of any dust or dirt. "Oh stop, you're really dusty, I'm just cleaning you off," She whined quietly and continued dusting it off "Wait, couldn't there be female suits of armour?" She asked aloud though she did not mean to, causing her cheeks to flush a light pink. "Oops, did I say that out loud?" She asked even though she was already well aware of the fact that she had. 

Kat smiled and glanced at James, thinking about how it was strange that a Slytherin and a Hufflepuff had become friends, especially with the stereotypes surrounding their houses. While there were Hufflepuffs that actually shook when she passed and how the other houses avoided her like the plage, all because she was in Slytherin. She didn't mind it too much and tended to use it to her advantage to stay alone or mess with some of the people in the school that she had seen through their fake laughs and kindness towards others. She especially liked messing with the ones that acted so kind yet could be heard snickering less than 20 seconds after the person had left. She tended to walk by and hiss in their ear, repeating their words back to them, causing them to shake like a leaf which Kat found amusing.

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

James figured they must be near the broomstick cupboard, where the "Broomstick of Legends" lies in wait for them.
James had let go of the armor's hand for a while now, but turned to face Kat when she spoke again, catching James' attention.
"Wait, couldn't there be female suits of armour?"
James considered this for a moment.
"Oops, did I say that out loud?" Kat added, and James saw a slight blush. James didn't know why, but he found it sightly amusing and he laughed a tiny bit.
"I don't know... do suits of armor have genders?" James asked, looking up at the suit of armor towering above them.
The armor angled its head to look down at him, and then shook its head. But then the armor looked up at the ceiling as if it was having second thoughts, and followed by shrugging instead.
"Oh... well, I guess that makes a little sense..." James mused, "I mean, that you don't know... seeing as you are always just standing in place... but, hey! Now you're with us!"
The armor seemed quite happy about this. And it was then that James realized it might need a name.
"Hey," he said, turning to Kat, "I feel a little bad just calling it 'the suit' or 'the armor'... should we get a name for it?" he asked, looking between the suit and Kat. "And maybe stop calling it 'it'?" 

When James had turned to Kat, she was poking the chest of the armour, her head tilted at the thought before looking at him, listening to him.
'I feel a little bad just calling it 'the suit' or 'the armour'... should we get a name for it?" he asked, looking between the suit and Kat. "And maybe stop calling it 'it'?" he added causing Kat to look back at the armour, "I think its a guy, it- he doesn't have a breastplate that goes out like how a female would," She pointed out, poking the chest again with her black fingernail before smiling "So a guys name would be appropriate, I think." She thought for a minute 
How about Kyle, huh? Huh? 
I'm not naming him after you.
Awwwww. Dang it.
Something that sounds cool since this guy is actually pretty chill.
Phoenix. Said the second voice after a minute, Its an animal, the animal is amazing, beautiful and loads of other stuff. Plus it sounds really nice.
"How about Phoenix?" She asked both the armour and James but she knew it depended on if the armour wanted it or not since they couldn't force it to have that name and if it wanted that name then that was what it would be called.

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

"I think its a guy, it- he doesn't have a breastplate that goes out like how a female would, So a guys name would be appropriate, I think." Kat said thoughtfully.
James looked and nodded in agreement.
"Okay, so what's a good name for him?"
James took some time thinking of names.
Maxian
Aise
Jackson
These were all characters from James' books that he was writing, so they came to mind first... but none of them seemed to match the suit of armor.
"How about Phoenix?" Kat suddenly asked, breaking James out of his thoughts.

James barely even needed to think about it.
"Wow... Phoenix." he mused, "I think that's a great name! It actually sounds really cool!"
James turned to the armor. 
"So, what do you think?" James asked.
The armor looked up at the ceiling again in thought, and when he looked back down at the two of them, he was nodding vigorously. 
James laughed a little.
"Alright! Phoenix! Our noble protector!" James exclaimed for Phoenix's benefit.
Phoenix looked very proud of this, and a new jump had been added into his step, making him clank a little loudly across the halls.
"Shh!" James prompted urgently.
Phoenix realized his mistake, and quieted down instantly, but James could hear a rattly, high-pitched squeaking coming from inside Phoenix, that James took as muffled laughter. James chuckled along too.
It was then that the broom cupboard came into sight as they rounded one last corner.

Kat chuckled at them, rolling her eyes even though a small smile was tugging at her lips. As they rounded a corner Kat saw the broom cupboard and smiled, walking over to it as she pulled her wand out from her robes, skipping closer to it. "I'm gonna take two, one for me and one for you unless you don't wanna fly?" She asked, turning back to look at James, a small smile resting on her face as she motioned with her wand towards the cupboard "But I would suggest standing back since I haven't mastered this spell yet, though I know how to use it, I'm not sure it'll work entirely as planned. Though it should work." she said, not liking to admit that she hadn't mastered the spell yet and had to hope that it was going to work and not backfire on her. 
And here's to hoping that we don't die!
It's a simple spell!
That you haven't mastered yet. There is no guarantee that it won't backfire, or you'll say the wrong word and it'll do a different spell.
Kat frowned at the voice, mumbling to herself as she glared at the floor before being brought back to reality by James speaking.

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.

"I'm gonna take two, one for me and one for you unless you don't wanna fly?" Kat said to James.
James nodded his head. "No, I want to fly! Let's do it!" The excitement was really starting to get to him.
James stepped back obediently when she offered to do the spell. James didn't know what spell she was referring to, but that's because he had only heard of a few.
"Yeah, you'd better do it." he agreed. "The only spell I've been able to do is the levitation one.. you know, Wingardium Leviosa..."
It was true. James had only learned Wingardium Leviosa. He was currently trying Expelliarmus, but hadn't quite gotten it yet. He still wasn't too confident in his magical abilities, and he was pretty convinced that he wouldn't get much better soon, because he was raised almost entirely muggle.
James stepped back with Phoneix against the wall and nodded towards Kat.
"Alright..." he said, "Do it."
James held his breath, waiting to see what she would do and how their little adventure would go from here... get caught, fly around, or some other third option James couldn't think of right now.

Kat nodded to James, feeling her nerves buzz as she sighed, trying to keep her nerves in check
You can't do a spell while you're nervous.
I'm well aware of that.
Kat thought of the spell and how it was supposed to work, she had used it a few times before and practised using it but she had always been left alone to do so. She never had to worry about it hurting someone else or being embarrassed if it backfired or didn't work, she just had to get angry with herself when she didn't do it right. 
You've been able to do it for the last few times without any problems. You should be fine.
But if he gets hurt...
He won't. Stop thinking. Just do the spell and be done with it.
Kat readied herself in front of the door, it was a simple spell and was fairly easy to do so long as it was practised but to do any spell you needed confidence, the thing that Kat was lacking at the moment but she pushed it aside and pointed her wand at the door, saying the spell.
"Alohomora," She said, causing the lock on the door to open, letting it be taken off easily.
Simple and effective.
Why do I always worry?
Because you don't want your friends to get hurt instead of your foes. In this case, a lock. The voice laughed and Kat took the lock off of the door, handing a broom to James and grabbing one for herself, smiling. 
"Ready?" She asked, putting the lock back on the door so that it wouldn't look suspicious.

I'm secretly a Unicorn.
Bow before me peasant.
  Back