Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Corridor Collisions  PV with Lilith Westlocke 

"Or really?" Lilith mocked. "Go on then." She watched as he raised his wand over his knee with the intent to snap it in half. Lilith almost laughed aloud. This boy could be in Gryffindor with an attitude like that. Alas, he never did snap his wand. "I 'spected so. What type of idiot would snap their wand like that?"

Lilith rolled her eyes at his smile. Disgusting, she thought. Here she was, having a conversation with some Hufflepuff who ran into her than going to her classes. Atrocious. "Eager is one word for it," Lilith muttered. Classes were a necessity, not a need. It was really only an excuse earlier to make the Hufflepuff boy feel bad about himself. By his more happy demeanor, it was obvious he didn't feel as sad.

Her azul eyes narrowed. Constantine seemed awfully content with missing his own classes to talk with her in the halls. She doubted she was so interested after being angry with him for so long before. "What about your classes? You are no longer in a rush to get to them either. Do I interest you?" Lilith asked, tilting her head in a teasing manner. "Or is your life so perpetually boring that I am your only means of entertainment?"

LILITH WESTLOCKE
Stamina: 6; Agility: 6; Strength: 5; Control: 3; Arcane Power: 5; Accuracy: 5

"Definitely not me." Was all Constantine could muster up, a weak retort in comparison to the others he had shot back. Maybe if he had been a little angrier, he would have actually followed through. Fortunately, for the most part, the conversation had been rather amusing.

"That's funny." Constantine mocked dryly. Whilst he had made an effort to arrive to class, he'd simply got distracted, that's all. The boy was definitely not going to leave Lilith, either, not until he'd run her dry of her so-called 'witty' comebacks. "Actually, you do interest me." Constantine started, playing along. "I do take a lot of interest in magical creatures, and you look like the most frightening Pogrebin I've ever seen. In fact, I feel I might just weep looking at you." Constantine quipped. He didn't know if she'd get the reference - but if she didn't, it would give him all the more satisfaction.

"And, if your life is so much more exciting than mine, care to indulge me in what that entails? Or are your 'amazing' adventures as nonexistent as my ability to watch where I'm going?" Constantine questioned, insulting himself as well. In order to get someone good, he'd learned that you had to chuck yourself into it as well.

Lilith realized she wasn't the only one disinterested in classes as the boy seemed very keen on staying with her and talking to her. Looks like her original joke might come to be true. Inside, Lilith found him funny. His false swagger could be funny to watch. She would have paid to watch him break his wand. Lilith could almost imagine the sad face he would have had after he realized what he had done.

She raised an eyebrow after he said that she interested him, amused to see where this was going. Her eyes glinted in the light. Lilith scowled soon after. She didn't know exactly a Pogrebin was but knew it couldn't have been a compliment. "Ha ha ha," Lilith laughed sarcastically. "You're a modern day genius." Sarcasm dripped off her tongue like a waterfall. If anyone is the genius, Lilith thought, it's me.

"So you admit you can't watch where you're going? Good to know," Lilith stated. She won that battle (even though Constantine apologized many times before as Lilith was pitiful).

"Of there are so many stories to tell. I could tell you about the hidden tunnels under the school that leads to great treasure or my brilliant plan in the library with the Restricted Section or even the fist fight I had, but I can't tell you any of that." Lilith leaned in closer and whispered, "It could make you an accomplice to a crime. Can't have you getting in trouble, now can we?" Lilith winked.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

Constantine flustered, shooing her away from close proximity. He'd done plenty of troublesome things, so why did she think he was some novice? Well, he'd done a lot in his old school, at least. The 'trouble' at Hogwarts was far different from smashing a window with your football, or writing unsavoury messages on your teacher's whiteboard. Though, he'd still attempt to prove how rebellious he was, even if said streak had been rather absent whilst he'd attended here.

"Do you really think I can't handle a bit of trouble? Please." Constantine laughed, folding his arms. He straightened up, "It's because I'm a Hufflepuff, isn't it? Oh, that's so rude of you to assume. " The boy feigned sadness, a smile twisting the corners of his lips.

"Ever been down to that tree on school grounds?" Constantine asked, tilting his head. It was clear to anyone who'd seen it that he was referring to the Whomping Willow. He shouldn't really brag about almost being squished by said tree, and he had the small scar on his cheek to prove it, but he'd do it anyway. "No? Doesn't ring a bell?" Constantine prompted smugly. Whilst he didn't have the stories to match Lilith's, it was still a rather impressive feat.

Lilith shrugged, crossing her arms. "I'd be lying if I said I thought you to be capable and it's not because you're a Hufflepuff," Lilith shook her head at the ridiculous accusation. She had met many Hufflepuff's in her time that we more than prepared for some gnarly adventures. Lilith smirked at him, pulling her shoulders up to cover her neck. "You don't have it in you." Lilith smiled mockingly. In her eyes, Constantine was less of a brave adventurer and more of a wimp.

Thinking about the Whomping Willow, which is the only tree Lilith could assume that he meant, as there weren't many famous trees on the grounds of Hogwarts, Lilith laughed aloud. "You faced a tree?" Lilith let out another bark of laughter. "I do hope you won. Ah, you are well on your way of being the most dangerous student on this campus, I assure you."

A tree? Sure, the Whomping Willow was no joke and Lilith has never gone near it, but it was just a tree. Lilith knew at least seven spells off the top of her head that could stop the tree from harming her for a short time. Compared to the multitude of challenged Lilith crossed, it was nothing. Plus, he was being too smug for the Gryffindor's liking.

"You marked me wrong, Mr. Babbitt. You surely are an adventurer in the making. What's next? Do you plan to fight Bowtruckles or listen to a Mandrake's song?"

LILITH WESTLOCKE

"I do too." Constantine argued back. He hadn't really been given a chance to get into trouble, since he'd been more focused on settling into Hogwarts and getting to know his peers. Furthermore, he wasn't keen on getting into fistfights like Lilith had done, not because he couldn't defend himself, but because he'd rather make friends than enemies.

The Hufflepuff turned up his nose at her patronising manner of speaking. "I don't care what you say, I'd say facing a murderous tree in your first year is rather daunting. " He puffed. Constantine thought it had been, anyway - he'd had no spells to protect himself, aside from 'incendio', but he wasn't about to set it alight. After all, if something like that was on school grounds, it must have some significance.

"Well, I'm sorry I haven't done anything as amazing as you. But getting into fights just seems foolish, rather than the 'bravery' you Gryffindor are supposed to possess." He replied. The boy didn't think it was something to flaunt about, even if he would probably do the same after winning a brawl. He absentmindedly wondered how many enemies she'd made that way. "Alas, I guess I'll never be on your level."

"Fist fights are just a way to show your dominance over another. It didn't last very long, so you don't have to worry your little heart about it." Lilith's smirk grew as she patted his shoulder. "You're right. You're not. You're finally getting it."

She ignored the sarcasm that dripped from his words. In Lilith's own mind, she was the best and the smartest in the room, including this desolate hallway. Then again, why go through all these grand adventures but not share the tales with another? Could it be considered bragging? Yes, but not when he asked about said adventures.

"C'mon, it's Hogwarts and what have you been doing? Sitting around, drawing up homework, hitting a few trees? That's nothing. What type of life is it to live if it is always so boring." Lilith set her jaw. "Why don't we go on an adventure, a real adventure. I don't mean we happen to walk across the 'danger tree' or anything like that. What about we search for an adventure and we find it. Then, you can show we what type of adrenaline junkie you are."

Lilith tapped her foot. This boy was either going to deny her request and giggle onto to class and in that instance, Lilith would go alone, or he would accept her offer and potentially cry. Either way, it would be entertaining. Lilith mind already knew where they could go.
Last edited by Lilith Westlocke on 11th July 2018, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

"I hardly think you need to assert dominance against anyone, that's rather primitive, isn't it?" He mused. Her statement reminded him of what he'd learned at his old school - 'Survival of the fittest', as they called it. It was hardly an 'eat or be eaten' world, in Constantine's opinion, though Lilith appeared to think differently.

"Homework?" The Hufflepuff's face shrivelled in annoyance. Sure, he'd done a few pieces, but not enough so that it would class him as a try hard. Besides, it was always a decent idea to get on a Professor's good side, so you could get away with more things than they'd usually allow. Though, he didn't just 'hit' a regular old tree. Lilith just made it sound that way, like whatever he had accomplished was simply boring.

"Fine, I'm all for it, if it'll prove that I can, in fact, get into a heap of trouble." Constantine declared, rather recklessly. She'd just described all the hazardous things she'd done, and yet, here he was agreeing to do just that. Well, it was too late to back down now - not that he ever would. "Right then, 'O genius one, what did you have in mind?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Reducio
Hiya! Just notifying you that I may be offline for the majority of this and next week, as I'm on Holiday and therefore rather busy. If I don't respond, it's because I haven't had the chance!

Lilith smirked. Either result would be amusing. Constantine could either have denied her offer and confirmed what Lilith assumed of him, take the deal and embarrass himself in his big adventure, or (in the most unlikely end) he actually proves to Lilith that there is a little lion heart in his otherwise badger chest.

Lilith rubbed her hands together, grinning wolfishly. "An adventure! Oh finally! Since we are already out of class so late we might as well, huh? I was thinking we could go for a little swim in Black Lake." Lilith ran her fingers through her now clean bag and pulled out a ziplock with some green plants that looked like seaweed.

"I'm not one for herbology but I'd be stupid to ignore their uses. Do you know what this is?" Lilith asked, before continuing on without waiting for his answer, "Gillyweed. We will turn into fish-like appearances of ourselves to dive deep into the waters. I heard there is a giant squid in the depth that we could meet. Or maybe a run-in with some merpeople? Who knows what could be deep under that water. An amazing idea, don't you agree?" Lilith arched an eyebrow, loving to hear how right she was.

Reducio
It's okay. Just respond when you can!

LILITH WESTLOCKE

"A swim? Perfect. Though the Black Lake is a little tame, isn't it?" Constantine joked. He was no idiot to brag that he'd manage such a task easily - the Hufflepuff had read of a plethora of dangerous creatures that could potentially live in it's waters. Plus, he reckoned that laughter always managed to steel his nerves. Not that Lilith would indulge him with anything but an unimpressed snort.

He recognised the aquatic plant immediately, due to a herbology class he'd taken in his first year, though Lilith quickly made him shut his mouth. Constantine rolled her eyes at the explanation; she was right, but he could've said the exact same thing if he was given a chance that the Gryffindor hadn't allowed. "Indeed an idea, I'm just reluctant to give you kudos for coming up with it. " He teased.

However, they weren't getting anywhere by standing in the hall. Constantine turned on his heel, in order to exit the building. He stopped after a few paces, looking over his shoulder. "I've heard that it tastes disgusting, you sure you can handle it?" Constantine questioned. The Hufflepuff didn't like the concept of eating it, but also didn't like the idea of giving Lilith the satisfaction if he couldn't down the plant. So, he'd just have to put up with the taste of it. It couldn't be that bad, right?

Lilith rolled her eyes at his words, following him out of the corridor and through the castle. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any stray teachers roaming the halls that could potentially catch them though Lilith doubted it. Teachers should be in class teaching. As students should be in class learning (minus herself and Constantine, of course). Alas, Lilith was not going to be a victim to the other boy's teasing.

"Talking with you has left a sour taste in my mouth. Whatever atrocious plant is about to assault my tastebuds, I think it will be refreshing," Lilith shrugged nonchalantly. Hogwarts opened up onto the grounds leading to Black Lake. From where she stood, Lilith could see the dark sparkling lake from the dim sun. It was Lilith's turn to tease, "Are you sure you're still up for this, Hufflepuff? I can understand if you want to turn back now. This is not an activity for the faint-hearted such as yourself. I won't judge you."

A smirk grew on her face, mocking him. Lilith was more than happy to get her feet wet. A sudden frown overcame her features. "I did not bring a change of clothes. Oh well, that is the price that comes with adventure." Lilith shook her head slightly, nearing Black Lake.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

Despite his attempt at flustering Lilith, she always appeared to be one step ahead. Not that he minded, considering he'd scarcely met someone as willing to dish out remarks quite like he did. His eyes glazed over the Black Lake, with a confident certainty on his face. He'd splashed about in it before, and nothing had gotten him then, so how frightening could it really be? "Faint of heart?" Constantine snorted, "I don't think so. I'm as ready as ever"

"I think sodden clothes are the least of our concern - not that I have any about swimming in a pond like this, though." He mused, as they neared the edge of the lake. The Hufflepuff pulled off his robe and the jumper underneath; as much as he didn't care about getting wet, the clothing would soak in water and make it harder to swim. Constantine tossed it carelessly to the bank beside the water, before turning to Lilith. "Let's get this going, shall we? Unless, you have second thoughts?" He questioned.

There was no doubt that the water would be beyond cold, the lake so deep that the sun couldn't even warm it's depths. Though, Constantine reckoned that the adrenaline was more than enough to keep him warm, especially if they came face to face with one of the Black Lake's inhabitants.

Reducio
Sorry for the late reply! I'm not on holiday anymore, so replies should be more frequent!

"Mm hmm," Lilith hummed before she too took off her robes and shoes, putting them down in the sand as she walked out onto the dock. It creaked under her feet and the water was an inky black color, making you unable to see into it's depths. Lilith laughed. "There is no way I would pass up an adventure such as this one."

Lilith handed Constantine one of her pieces of Gillyweed. "Please don't choke on it. This stuff was expensive and I don't want to have to use more of it than I have to." Lilith examined the piece in her own hand. It was slimy and green and the farthest thing from appealing. "Or puke it up for that matter," she added with a grimace.

"Now, after we take this, we will only have about an other. Do not go getting yourself tangled in seaweed while you're down there. It would be awfully hard trying to explain to the professors how you drowned so deep in the Lake." Lilith swallowed the lump in her throat before eating the Gillyweed.

Her body convulsed a little as she jumped into the water. Her body felt a weird burning sensation that didn't exactly hurt before she opened her eyes. She took in a deep breath, glad to see that she wasn't drowning. Her fingers felt at her neck, revealing slits and her fingers and toes were now webbed. Lilith grinned, looking up to the water as she swam to the surface for Constantine.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

Constantine scrunched his nose, "Choke on it? It sounds unbelievable, I know, but I've been eating solid food since I was what, about six months old? I think I'll manage a bit of seaweed." Constantine snorted, taking the Gillyweed firmly. With his free hand, he unlaced his shoes and set them down on the groaning dock. Though, he couldn't disagree with the latter statement - he'd been told a hundred times that it tasted foul.

He didn't think he'd do something as stupid as tangle himself up in the plants growing in the lake, but there was always a first time for everything. The Hufflepuff watched as Lilith ate her own Gillyweed, before jumping into the water. Reluctantly, a few minutes later, he put the plant in his mouth. It did taste gross, so much so that he wanted to spit it out, but he didn't want to back out now. Swallowing with a grimace, he wondered when he should jump in. Not soon after, he was beginning to feel lightheaded - was the air getting thinner? Constantine took this as his cue, diving into the lake with little hesitance.

Panic arose in his throat, but he remained calm. He wasn't sure if he could breathe, and his instincts told him to hold the remaining air in. Though, he could only do so for so long, giving in and exhaling a vast amount of bubbles. Constantine opened his eyes, taking a small breath to test the transformation. Well, he wasn't dying, so that was good. His fingers had become webbed, as had his toes. Realising they had limited time, the Hufflepuff began to search for Lilith.

Lilith was doing flips in the water when she saw constantly. She grinned under the water, small bubbles coming out of her mouth. She swam up behind him and pushed him from behind with her webbed hands while letting out bubbles of laughter. She nodded down to the dark and swirling water beneath them, signaling they should go deeper.

This might be Lilith's greatest adventure yet. Sure, the corridors underneath the school were certainly great trials, but this seemed like a real adventure with much more mystery. What creatures would they see? Lilith was glad she brought her wand, just in case something needed to be stopped as it would swim towards them and eat them. Lilith wondered if there were sharks deep in the waters or if they would find other creatures that were never discovered. Lilith just hoped that they survived to tell the tale.

Lilith arched her back and did a black flip before swimming deeper into the water like a dolphin. Lilith loved swimming and being in the water. It was even better when she didn't have to worry about drowning or breathing. Lilith remembered that she only had an hour to complete her journey and looked over her shoulder to make sure Constantine was following. She glared up at him, silently saying, she didn't have all day.

LILITH WESTLOCKE
  Back   Reply