Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Corridor Collisions  PV with Lilith Westlocke 

Constantine rushed through the long, unending corridors, twisting and turning with every corner. He had just escaped the potions classroom, so now he was desperate to see a bit of sky, instead of the dark and dingy chamber he had previously become rather accustomed to. Along the way, he stopped to admire some of the paintings that lined the walls. Each contained a witch or wizard, who moved idly about their business. Most paid him no mind, more interested in the tasks they were carrying out, however some humoured the Hufflepuff boy with a wave or polite smile. After gawking a little too long, he was shooed away by a rather stern looking portrait, spurring him to scurry away with a laugh and small apology.

For the most part, the halls were empty - most probably because students were out and enjoying the nice weather. Due to this, the Hufflepuff tore through the school with reckless abandon, not considering the possibility of bumping into someone. So, it wasn't unsurprising when he barreled into another student, landing in a crumpled heap on the floor. Clutching his head with a groan, he looked to the student robed in red. "Ouch, are you alright?" Constantine questioned, heaving himself up onto his feet, yet still clutching at the right side of his head. He offered his hand to the girl, to help her up, recognising that it was his mistake. "Sorry about that, it was an accident, honest." Constantine apologised sheepishly, a grin still stuck to his face.

Lilith was walking down the hallways to her next class, Transfiguration, having just come from Charms. Students milled about her, talking in the middle of the halls or rushing to get to class. After almost being late to her first class and barely getting a slice of toast for breakfast, Lilith was not in the best of moods. She was messing with her bag that bounced on her hip with every step, trying to stuff her wand back in and spellbook back in. Her irritation was started to boil inside of her as it seemed like she couldn't find room in her bag.

Not having been watching either, Lilith let out a grunt when the other boy ran into her, making her fall butt-first onto the ground. Lilith growled in frustration as she sat up. Her wand went flying out of its place half-way in her bag, as did her book. She picked them up and managed to stuff them into her bag with less difficulty this time around.

"Why don't you watch where you're going?" Lilith snapped at the apologizing boy, scanning him up and down. A careless Hufflepuff rushing to his neck class Lilith guessed. Ignoring his hand, Lilith stood up roughly, grabbing her bag from the ground and throwing it over her shoulder. "You're lucky I didn't hex you. Next time, why don't you look before you start to run, yeah?"

LILITH WESTLOCKE
Stamina: 6; Agility: 6; Strength: 5; Control: 3; Arcane Power: 5; Accuracy: 5

Constantine watched as the girl's belongings scattered across the floor, but made no move to gather them up for her, considering she'd already ignored his attempt to help her up. She looked rather irritated, but he couldn't see why she'd be so mad after an insignificant little accident like that. He cocked an eyebrow at her next statement, "Hex me? That'd be impossible, considering you can't seem to keep hold of your wand." He jabbed, referring to the way it'd dropped from her bag, "Maybe you should take better care of it, rather than stuffing it in your bag like that." Constantine chided. Even so, the Hufflepuff was a hypocrite himself; he'd lost his wand more times than he could count, and he never kept it in a place that was safe. Fortunately for him, it was tucked in his pocket, this time at least.

"Most people have the common sense to get out of my way." He mused, daring her to snap back. It was all rather funny to him, so he tried his best to keep his laughter under wraps. It wasn't his intent to be rude, however the girl didn't seem to respond to his friendliness very well. Maybe she'd become less angry if he engaged in a bit of banter, or maybe it'd just send her anger through the roof. Well, there was only one way to find out, and he wouldn't shy away from getting the answer.

"I can keep a brilliant hold of my wand, thank you very much," Lilith scowled, taking her wand out of her bag and waving it in the air for dramatic flair. "And trust me, you don't want to find out how well." In reality, Lilith was a first year with never little dueling spells, but that doesn't mean she couldn't do a fair share of embarrassment.

Lilith kept hold of her wand, not yet putting it back into her bag, keeping it out as a warning. She didn't like be jabbed at like this boy seemed so fond to do. Her day was evolving to try and get her as annoyed as possible to blow her lid, but Lilith wasn't going to prove her own inner feelings wrong in such a way.

"Most people with common sense don't run down the hallways running into people!" Lilith exclaimed. The halls were basically empty at this point. Classes must have started by now. "Now I am sure to be late for class because of you. I hope you feel good about yourself."

Doing her trademark arm crossing over her chest, her wand hanging out of the nook of her elbow, Lilith's blue eyes glared at the Hufflepuff in front of her. For a badger, he didn't seem very helpful. Not like Lilith was the typical Gryffindor anyways.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

"And who says I'm not good with my wand as well?" Constantine questioned, pulling his own wand from his pocket. Of course, he wouldn't use it, mostly because he didn't know any spells that wouldn't cause definite harm. The boy spun it between his fingers expertly, a habit he'd perfected with his brother's old wand, and a little too much practice. "Whilst I don't know any hexes, I've heard that Incendio is a pretty hot topic among wizards. " Constantine quipped back, still not taking the conversation seriously.

"I can't say I fall into the 'most people' category." The Hufflepuff replied calmly, making a jab at himself in the process. He recognised that there were little to no people in the hall now, probably because lessons had started. "If you'd just accepted my help, you'd have been on your way by now." Constantine stated, "But no, god forbid you accept the slightest inkling of help." He added, though he remained largely jovial.

Constantine rolled his eyes, raking a hand through his hair. "And here I thought that our houses were supposed to get along." He sighed. All this over an accidental fall? He'd be more careful next time, lest he invoke the wrath of another grumpy Gryffindor.

"Helping? Is that what you call running into me?" Lilith argued. "So what if I didn't want a leg up from the same person who put me on the ground in the first place! Your constant babbling made me late."

Steam was practically pouring from her ears and nose with all the irritated built up through the day finally coming to light. This Hufflepuff was just unlucky enough to be caught at her tipping point. Any other day, she would have just scowled at then, maybe thrown in a jab and walked away. It is too bad this boy seemed to be the outlet for her anger.

Her wand thrashed around dangerously in her hand as she threw them into the air to emphasize her words. "Maybe if you weren't careless running in the halls as if you were being chased by a hippogriff, this wouldn't have happened!"

She felt ink leak out of the bottom of her bag, hitting the leg of her pants, causing a sticky feeling to leak through onto her skin. Her nose let out a puff of anger, similar to that of an angry dragon. "This is just great," Lilith growled, pulling out some of the broken glass from the bottom of her bag. Her fingers stained with ink.

"Ow!" Lilith yelped, dropping the pieces as her palm started to leak crimson liquid. Two cuts revealed themselves on her hand.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

"Well, if you don't want help, I won't give it." Constantine snapped firmly, turning up his nose. The girl didn't seem to want to accept the fact that he was trying to help, or that it took two people not paying attention to actually collide into one another. It was apparent that the Hufflepuff was no longer finding things funny, a stern look etched into his face.

"Bloody hell, I'd rather take the Hippogriff, at least when it takes my head off it'll do it quickly. " He bit back, his brows furrowing. The Hufflepuff had wanted to point his wand at the girl, to show he was equally as serious, though the disapproving look he got from one of the paintings told him otherwise.

He had felt bad that her bag had leaked, however the thought was quickly wiped away when she pointed all blame to him. "What do you think you're doing?" Constantine crowed, "Is it really wise to stick your hand into a bag of broken glass?" He retorted with a frown.

Despite the irritation, the Hufflepuff was a tad bit concerned for the girl. "Ugh, give it here, then." Constantine pointed to the ink stained bag with a dramatic gesture, as if it was causing him an extreme amount of effort. "I can't do anything about your hand, that's on you." He added with a huff. It didn't matter to him if she accepted his help or not, though it'd certainly make her own life difficult if she declined.

Lilith gave the boy a seething glare before very, very reluctantly handing over her bag to him. No doubt the books and notes at the bottom of her bag were ruined, painted in dark ink that would never come up and had made her writing illegible. At the moment, she didn't really have any other choice. His face seemed less happy, on the edge of a smile and more like an angry kitten. She rubbed her hand on her robes, leaving a trail of red on it without noticing it. Her palm stung, but she ignored it.

He's right, you know, the back of her mind whispered. You shouldn't have stuck your hand into a bag of glass. Lilith ignored her own thoughts.

"It's fine." Lilith shook her head. It was a complete change from her earlier words. "It's just a bag, I can just wash it out."

At this point, her anger left her. She got it out when the pain that burned across her palm, Now, she was just tired and dreading that she still had more classes to get through. Not to mention having to explain to her Professor why she was so late. Maybe she could just skip the rest of her classes and go to bed in her dormitory. But then again, she was hungry and would like to have Dinner in the Great Hall.

Lilith muttered hatefully under her breath as she rolled her eyes at herself, crossing her arms once again.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

Constantine swiftly took the bag, snatching it with a huff. Looking over the damage with displeased brown eyes, he put his thumb to his chin in thought. The boy emptied it's contents onto the floor carefully, choosing to ignore the girl's scowl. After a few moments of recollection, he held the bag out in front of him. If only he could remember the spell correctly. Not that it wouldn't stop him from trying.

"Wash it out? Yeah right, it's ink." He corrected. Even if she did attempt to wash it out, the stain would linger. Pointing his wand at the bottom of the ink filled bag, Constantine muttered what he thought was the correct pronunciation. Nothing. He tried again, each time increasing his annoyance. "For goodness sake, Tergeo!" The Hufflepuff hissed. After a lot of effort, the ink began to siphon away, leaving the bag in the condition it had been prior to the mishap. Proud that he'd remembered the cleaning spell, the boy held out the bag for her to take.

"You're welcome." Constantine chimed, before turning his gaze to the floor. He didn't know how to dispose of the glass, nor did he want to exert more effort cleaning up the stained parchment. He'd just have to count his losses on that one.

"Do you need to go to the Hospital Wing?" The Hufflepuff questioned, pointing to her injured hand. He couldn't do a lot about that, either, unless she could pull some bandages out of thin air.

Lilith watched him clean out her bag, tapping her finger on her arm crossed arms. Uneasiness turned in her gut as he cast his little spell. It was a good thing. Lilith doesn't really know how to clean things and she probably would have ended up throwing it away. She took the bag back from him with a curt, "Thank you," and began to shove everything that wasn't covered in ink back into the bag. Using the ruined parchment, Lilith cleaned up the broken class and threw it into the trashcan.

At his question, Lilith looked down at her cut palm and shrugged. It was still bleeding lightly, but Lilith suspected it should be done soon. "I'm alright," Lilith whipped her hand on her robes, leaving another dark trail of red on black. "It's just a little cut. I'm not afraid of blood."

She flung her bag over her shoulder, taking her wand out and shoving it into her back pocket for safer keeping as she shifted awkwardly on her feet. "Thanks again," she said finally. She knew when others deserved to be thanked. Her anger has since left her and she decided that the Hufflepuff was to be forgiven. "My name is Lilith by the way. Lilith Westlocke. Pleasure."

LILITH WESTLOCKE

"No problem, it's really nothing." Constantine said reassuringly, becoming a little more relaxed. The Hufflepuff made to put his wand back into his pocket, only to miss and drop it with a clatter. He looked down at it disapprovingly, before bending to pick it up and stash it away into his pocket properly. And his cool facade had been going so nicely, too. It didn't matter, though, it was only a matter of time until she found out he was a bit of a jest (if she hadn't concluded that already).

As she turned to discard the remaining shards of glass, Constantine scuffed the floor with his shoe, fading the little splotches of ink that has spattered there. "If you keep wiping it in your robe, the wound might get dirty." He pointed out nonchalantly, though he couldn't stop the concern that hid behind his seemingly calm exterior. The boy was by no means a clean freak himself, however an unclean scratch was a recipe for disaster. "And if you don't care about that, your robe might stain." He added.

Constantine was surprised that the Gryffindor would introduce herself, after all the annoyance he'd caused. Though, he wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. "Oh, I'm Constantine Babbitt. And the pleasure is all mine." The Hufflepuff introduced with a smile, but not without attempting to one up Lilith in the process. She didn't seem as bad as he'd initially thought, maybe he'd just caught her at the wrong time.

Lilith's eyes flickered up from her bag as he dropped his wand. She fought back the twisting of her lips. "I thought you said you took much better care of your wand than I?" Lilith said nonchalantly. He acts cooler than he really is, Lilith thought.

"My robes are clean, don't worry your little self about it." Lilith looked down at the streaks of crimson that decorated her robes. "I was going to keep it. I thought it made me look rugged," Lilith joked, but her tone didn't change from her usual monotone. It was more to make herself silently laugh. She gave up the gish. "The house elves will clean it for me if I ask them to."

Lilith squinted her eyes at his unusual, if not slightly funny name, but she decided not to laugh this once at it. She nodded his way and looking up to the wall as if there was a clock there, trying to guestimate the time. She was far too late to class to bother showing up now.

"Remember next time not to go running around in the halls," Lilith said, a ghost of a smirk tugging at her features. The Gryffindor gave Constantine a pointed look. "You may run into someone."

LILITH WESTLOCKE

Constantine flushed, trying to justify his actions, but failing miserably. "I intended to do that. I know it's hard to believe, but I can't be perfect all of the time." He jested, putting his hands on his hips.

He scrunched his nose up at her next statement, finding it hard to believe. She did have a bit of a temper, sure, but Lilith was by no means 'rugged'. Constantine allowed himself to snort at her clarification, proving what he'd thought correct. Though, he wasn't particularly bothered if she kept her uniform scruffy, after all, his was no better.

The Hufflepuff followed her gaze, to see what she was looking at. The wall was bare, aside from a painting off to the side. Constantine gave her a confused look, before brushing it off. Maybe he'd bumped into her harder than he'd originally thought. "That wall really is something." He prompted her to explain.

"Run into someone, hm?" Constantine began, "As long at it's not you, I think I'll take my chances." The boy shot back with a sly smile of his own. In truth, he would probably still continue to dash about, but with a newfound awareness for those around him.

"You intended to drop your wand?" Lilith arched a dark brow. "That's kind of dangerous, in't? You could break it." Lilith cared jack squat about his wand, but at the moment she was slyly getting back at him for running into her. Fair is fair.

Lilith glanced back up at the wall and narrowed her eyes. "Not really," she muttered. "It looks like every other wall I've seen in Hogwarts. But by all means, you may examine it to fill your hearts desire if that's what makes you happy."

Scowling at his smirk, Lilith sneered, "You caught me at a bad time is all." Lilith shrugged. "I doubt that anyone could take lightly to being ran into. What is the rush? You have enough time to get to classes and it isn't like there is a race going on."

Lilith truly hoped none of the teachers or prefects were wondering around the halls at this time. She had an excuse. Her bag was ruined and hand cut. Instead of punishing her, they'd most likely take her to the hospital wing. That left Mr. Babbitt to succumb to the consequences. Lilith shrugged to herself. Oh well. It could have ended worse for both of them, but for now, the halls were clear.

LILITH WESTLOCKE

"I'm not worried about breaking it, watch." Constantine stated hotly, not wanting to be proved wrong by his own point. Grabbing his want, he held each end between both hands, before placing it on his knee. He did intend to break it, even going as far to lift the wand in order to bring it down, but quickly hesitated after realising what he was doing. "On second thought, I'd rather save my galleons." He snapped in defeat, lowering his wand into his pocket. It wasn't just the pointless need to replace it, either - if his mum had found out that he'd broken it intentionally, he'd be paying more than just a few galleons.

Constantine huffed at her lack of explanation, but paid it no mind. It's not like it would nag him to know, anyway. "There isn't a rush, I just think it's fun." He admitted. Obviously, the Hufflepuff could just walk to his lessons like any regular student, but he didn't want to. But speaking about class, the boy looked at her skeptically. "Anyway, I thought you were going to be late? You were so eager to get to your lesson a minute ago." He pointed out, smiling as if he'd just revealed something amazing.
  Back   Reply