Corridors

Register
Sign in

Two Worlds Colliding  PV John Swann   Closed 

Running in the corridors was never permitted. Even though it was against the rules, the rules she was meant to be enforcing, she was doing it anyway. It wasn't like she hadn't broken a few rules already. Rules were expected to be broken when it came to her.

Her hair trailed behind her. She had let it grow out over the years, it now reached just above her waist. She was thinking of cutting it all off, growing tired of the effort she had to put into it every morning to try and untangle it. She whipped her head around, looking behind her. So far she had seen no one. Most of the time the corridors were packed, she had never seen them this empty.

The emptiness was unsettling, it made her anxious. Maybe something had happened. An image of the masked man flew into her mind. She had been attacked by him not to long ago, and he had managed to set her alight. She shuddered as she remembered the encounter. It had scared the life out of her. Before then she had thought Hogwarts was one of the safest places in the world, but now she was not so sure. With students getting attacked left and right she was sure one of them was going to get seriously hurt, or killed.

Pushing the thought out of her mind, she skidded round a corner. A moment later she felt her body hit something, and the force knocked her off her feet. She fell to the ground. A gasp of surprise left her lips. She looked up, expecting to see a wall. She blinked in shock as she realized it was a person she had run into.

You see? Even death has a heart.

"Finally, some peace and quiet.."

John scarcely found himself alone in the corridors - in fact this may be the first time - so no matter how strange it seemed to him? He simply enjoyed the silence, no students, no professors shouting at passing students, not even the ominous howl you'd expect to hear from an empty castle... Okay, maybe it was a little unnerving, but John didn't care enough to let it bug him.

Having a good chunk of time before his next class, the young farm boy lazily walked through the halls - shutting his eyes as he allowed his rather hazy memory of this particular section of the campus guide him. Sleep was essential for his functionality - no sleep meant John no think very good - so he had to fit it in whenever he could.. Of course, this held its own amount of danger, for example! If another student happened to be neglecting th-

"E-" John felt a rather large mass of flesh ram into him as he attempted to pass the corner, strangely enough it merely bounced off - and only moments later he realized it was another student, a girl at that... "Excuse me?" The Gryffindor wasn't really sure what to say; generally a collision like this could be seen from a mile away. At least for him that was the case, having so many nooks and crannies for... Well really anything to pop out of, was still a strange concept to grasp for the boy.

"I'm sorry, I really should've been paying more attention." John outstretched his hand, offering to help the girl up. The silence allowed him to be in a particularly good mood, no annoying banter to ruin his day. "So why the rush? Late for a class? Or are you just the type to run everywhere you go?" Everyone knew those kids... They were always in a hurry, for some reason.

Stm 10 | Str 10 | Agi 5 | Acp 0 | Cnt 0 | Acc 5

Sitting on the ground, Isabella looked up into the face of the person she ran into. In the few seconds she had to scan over them, she was sure of two things. They were a Gryffindor. And they were a boy. He was a boy. He was a Gryffindor boy. She shifted a bit on the ground where she sat, slightly embarrassed. She had literally just run into him. She looked up at him, her mind blank.

"I'm sorry, I really should've been paying more attention." She smiled slightly at his apology. She opened her mouth to reply, when he put his hand out. She stared it. Did he mean for her to take it? She was shocked really, she had been told how much rivalry there was between Slytherins and Gryffindors. And that rivalry usually lead to hate between the two houses.

She smiled at him before taking his hand and standing up. She dropped his hand as soon as she was upright, feeling slightly awkward. She smiled at him, trying to gather some courage. "You don't need to apologize, it was all my fault really. I shouldn't of been running." She sighed, confused. She had heard so much about the rivalry and hate Gryffindor and Slytherin had together, it was almost weird that he was being nice to her. Shrugging her thoughts away, she gave a small smile.

"So why the rush? Late for a class? Or are you just the type to run everywhere you go?" Blushing slightly as he asked her the question, she thought. Why had she been running? She wasn't entirely sure herself as to why she had started running through the corridors. "I just kinda felt like it. There wasn't really a reason." She said quietly. "I'm Isabella by the way, Isabella Hills."

Helping the girl to her feet, John smiled back at her. It had been some time since he was able to just talk to someone, no irritation plaguing his mind or souring his mood. She was rather cute - though admitting that felt rather strange considering her house. Just as the hufflepuff he'd met had said though, you're all friends at Hogwarts. So that would at least apply to those John actually likes at the school. He simply couldn't be friendly with everyone, after all.

"Yeah I just seem to apologize instinctively, I'm sorry." John scratched his head and chuckled, feeling upset over this realization. "But really it's okay, I think you took the brunt of that collision." He joked, hoping to lessen the small amount of tension present. She wasn't difficult to talk to, at least.

"Not a bad reason, I certainly can't say much. I just generally don't run in the halls, I prefer the outdoors." Nature was basically his favorite place to do anything. Much more.. Freedom.

"I'm John Swann, nice to meet you Isabella." Once more shooting a smile at the girl, John would begin to lean against the wall beside them, and crossing his arms. "So, do you have free time before your next class as well?" Of course he was going to take this opportunity to get to know the girl better if he could, everyone always seemed so busy at Hogwarts - just watching others made him exhausted. So perhaps having the change to actually speak with someone would make him feel better about meeting others?

Isabella smiled as he introduced himself. She liked how his name rhymed. She found it funny. She hadn't met anyone who had a rhyming name yet, peoples names here could be so bland. Like hers. She regretted the fact that her parents named her Isabella - she found it so dull. She wished before that her name was something more unique. Like Juniper. Or Faye. Or Amity. Just anything other than Isabella.

His question brought her out of her mind and back down to earth. "So, do you have free time before your next class as well?" She smiled at him. Her brain whirred. She did want to get to know this boy a bit more. He seemed nice, and she kinda wanted to know if the Gryffindor-Slytherin hate thing was true. "Yea, I have free time before my next class."

She was hoping he would suggest them talking, instead of going their separate ways. Usually she would ask, or just drag them along, but she didn't want to come across as pushy. This wasn't like talking to the any of the other students. She had talked to other boys before, but it wasn't like this. She felt almost awkward. She couldn't identify the feeling she was feeling, not could she describe it. All she knew was she didn't like it. It felt weird and she wasn't used to feeling weird.

Shrugging and pushing the feeling away she looked at him, before quickly looking away. She didn't want him to think she was weird. It wasn't normal for people to stare at people, was it? "Why did you want to know?" She questioned in a quiet voice, looking up at him. She cocked her head slightly to the side, waiting for an answer.

Isabella's smile was enough to tell John that his idea would work, and he'd finally have the opportunity to talk with someone without feeling rushed. Her answer, of course, only confirmed that. The boy stood back up from the wall and responded to her second question rather promptly.

"I was actually just curious if you'd like to find some place to sit and talk? I don't believe I've had the opportunity to properly get to know a girl as cute as you." Was... Was that a flirt? John truly didn't know he was capable of such a feat; it certainly wasn't a foreign concept - what with his parents doing it all the time, but for him to do it as well? To say the least, John was internally freaking out.

"If you wouldn't mind of course, I personally always find down time to be my favorite time." There was no use in trying to take back what he said... Any attempt to would likely only ruin his chances at further conversation.

"Just have to deal with it now, I've already said it..." John was already certain he'd be yelling at himself later if his spur of the moment stunt made things too awkward to continue. She was already having troubles keeping eye contact, too....

"I may have already messed things up..." He was already making himself feel defeated...

Isabella felt her cheeks reddening as John spoke. Did she just hear him call her cute? Or were her ears playing tricks on her? ”I, uh, yes. Yea. Sure. I’d love too. ” She was never usually this awkward around people. Most of her life she had found it easy to talk to people, but she didn’t know what she was feeling now. It was like her emotions had taken over her mind, and she had no control over them anymore. Being around this boy did something to her. But she couldn’t describe it or put a name to it.

Turning away, she took a small step down the hallway. She wouldn’t put it past herself to trip over her own feet as she tried to walk. It had happened before and probably would happen again within the next month, she just hoped it wouldn’t happen now. Merlin help her if she made a fool of herself in front of John.

She frowned. These feelings confused her, made her feel like she wasn’t herself. It wasn’t normal for her to get flustered. For her whole life she had only felt the basic feelings, and she hated that she was only just feeling what she was feeling now. New stuff always seemed to scare her a bit, but this, this was different. It was like she was on the edge of scared, but something else stopped her from being scared.

Sighing, she pushed her feelings away and tried to focus on what was going on in the outside world, instead of focusing on what was going on in her world. Turning her head over her shoulder she spoke. ”Are you coming?” Relieved that she managed to say something without stuttering, she turned back around and started walking away, slow enough to allow John to catch up with her, but fast enough so that it wouldn’t look like she was imitating a snail.