Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

A Hidden Hallway?  PV Valerie & Evelyn   Closed 

Emma walked down the corridor, throwing one of her black markers up and down in her right hand. Her school bag weighed her down by at least five pounds. Every once in a while, she saw silver armor shudder and ghost pop out of nowhere, her heart skipped a beat. She found it hard to believe that the ghosts were on their side, considering they were dead...

The brunette watched groups of friends walk past her, giggling and smiling, though she sat there, walking, all by herself with her draw strap bag attached to her back. Instead of throwing her utensil up one last time, she put it in her bag. A rush of cold wind ran through her body, making her shut her eyes, she could've been imagining it, but it seemed unlikely, no one else had noticed it. Clicking her pearl bracelet, she noticed that most of the corridor was now empty, that fast, but it seemed impossible. She kept her head down, ignoring the iron that shuddered every once in a while, though Emma couldn't contain her momentarily shock. 

She edged her way to the right, nearing the armor to avoid the ghost that was swooping in her direction. "Nicholas," Emma muttered to herself. With the trait of a clutz, she somehow ended up knocking herself into the armor. Did that ghost just touch me? She looked behind her where she saw the ghost of Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington swooping playfully throughout the halls.

Looking back at the suit of armor, it began to shudder, shudder more than usual. Emma watched as the walls devoured the suit of armor, leaving behind a narrow hallway the width of the platform on which the armor stood on. Though she was not claustrophobic, she wondered if she could go down that hallway. Looking down the hallways, she saw a few people coming down but shot a glance right back at the limited hallway.

To make sure that she wasn't hallucinating, she called them over, though so many feelings in her gut started to vibrate. Talking wasn't exactly her strong suit.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
Stamina: 9 - Agility: 7 - Strength: 10 - Control: 9

Evelyn had been walking while focusing on playing with her wand. No magic; just fancy hand movements to release pent up energy that seemed to escape her whenever she wasn't moving. She was not really paying attention to whatever hallway she was crossing down but had looked up when she heard a slight difference in the sound her shoes make on the tiles.

It was accompanied by the creaking of a ghostly suit. To which she turned her head towards, her wand disappeared back into her pocket and was replaced by a hard candy she placed into her mouth. In the corner of her eye she caught somebody waving to her. Within a moment Evelyn was able to confirm that they were a Ravenclaw. And despite Ravenclaw normally being incredibly level headed this one seemed a bit fidgety. Not that she minded, everyone to themselves after all.

Politely, if not a bit curiously, she waved back. Her cheeks moving subtly as she sucked on the cherry candy. The wrapper was pushed into her scarf. It seemed like the person needed something so she made her way over. Her making connections would be good so early in the year. They might even become her friend.

Evelyn neared the Ravenclaw girl.

Evelyn Moore
Stam: 4 Ag: 6 Str: 4 Con: 6 Arc: 5 Acc: 5

Emma found it a bit outlandish that she hadn't been seeing the same thing that she had. Waiting for the Hufflepuff to say something, she looked down the hallway. She must have seen it, there was no way you couldn't. She stepped a foot forward, pulling her wand out of her robes.

"Uhm, this seems sudden and all, but do you see that?" Emma said, though as she said it she sounded a bit rude. She hadn't made eye contact with her. She pointed shakily down the empty hallway where the knight in dull armor had moved itself back at least fifty feet. Part of Emma wanted to venture down the hallway, but then another part told her to stay as far away from there as possible. God, please don't be a Basilisk, or a troll... Emma looked from the hallway then to the Hufflepuff, who was evidently eating some sort of candy.

"And maybe be friends?" She added, this time eyeing the girl, though her wand was still raised. "I'm Emma Hill." She dropped her wand to shake her hand, after all her dominant hand was her right. It seemed like a peculiar thing to say, at a time like this. 

ORP: Sorry for the late reply, I'm figuring out how to set up my new computer.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

She looked at to where the obviously shaken girl was pointing. "You mean the ghost people? It might be that joker guy that keeps trying to scare all the students. He's not even funny! It's just rude, but don't worry. You probably don't have any reason to fear him!"

The suit was shaking and shuddering, do ghosts haunt suits? She thought so. The suits were very human like after all. Maybe the ghosts missed being in their bodies and wanted to stretch their ghost limbs. She blinked at the girls wand. Evelyn guessed being prepared wouldn't hurt in a hallway neither of them seemed to recognize. She had yet to see a truly malevolent ghost in the castle but that didn't mean it could happen. The girl confused her when she asked about friends. She didn't see any in sight and said as much.

"Friends? No I don't believe I have any on me right now. Did you want to see if there was someone you recognize nearby? I don't think I'll be any help if you're trying to find somebody. This hallway is new to me as well." Her robes swished as she leaned back to look around. It would seem that nothing was obtruding and blocking the exit and entrance. So maybe the hallway just wasn't used as often as other ones? That would explain the lack of students but not the ghosts.

Evelyn Moore

Emma watched as the girl faced the direction she was pointing, she obviously hadn't seen the hallway, maybe she was hallucinating. "I'm not making this up, I swear..." She said. Most of the time, she lacked comprehension, mostly because her mind was remarkably concentrated on the mysterious narrow passageway that was calling her name. 

"Friends? No I don't believe I have any on me right now. Did you want to see if there was someone you recognize nearby? I don't think I'll be any help if you're trying to find somebody. This hallway is new to me as well." The Ravenclaw looked at her a bit peculiarly, had she not understood that that she wanted someone to go into the hallway with, perhaps easing the guilt in the back on her head. 

"I do not think you heard me correctly. There's a freaky hallway that opened up, I have no idea what's in it, but I don't know what to do." Emma was starting to get a bit impatient, anything could jump out at them at any given moment, but did she care? She didn't think so. 

Her eyes darted from the empty hallway from the girls, her heart thumped inside of her chest. She was sure that she felt her heart beat in several other places like her arms and lower stomach. Emma was craving the food at the Great Hall right now, she hadn't had eaten since the morning pancakes. Hopefully, she could get this over with.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Evelyn nodded along to her ramblings. She wanted to reassure her that she understood, which she did. The girl didn't judge her either when she corrected the misunderstanding. At least what she said before made more sense now then what she thought the brunette had said. Entering magically hidden hallways sounded fun! Maybe they'll get to see how all those magic stairways work or find the storage room where the overflow of books from the library were stored! She didn't have the best imagination when it came to mystery because of the lack of danger comprehension.

"That sounds fun! Let's go, you lead the way of course. I'm Evelyn by the way! It would be awkward to adventure together when we didn't know anything about each other!" Because she didn't know were the hallway was located she decided to slip her hand into the Ravenclaw's. Only after making sure her hands didn't have anything in them of course.

Evelyn lacked any sense of personal space when it came to initiating so she stuck close behind her in case the hallway was picky with whoever came into them. She could hear the thrumming of the brunette's heart. Thump, thump, thump, it reminded her of a rabbit! Her eyes darted around like one too. She silently thought it was kind of adorable, but of course she decided not to voice that voice once. It tended to make people uncomfortable.

Evelyn Moore

Valerie was using their free period to roam around the castle. Hogwarts was vast, so vast that she wasn't sure if all of its hallways, rooms and secret passages had been discovered yet - or rediscovered to be more precise, as the founders must have been very well aware of every corner of their castle. Rowena Ravenclaw, the founder of her own house, was said to have installed the notorious moving staircases, so Valerie didn't put it outside the realm of possibility that the women had designed some more tricks and secret hallways inside the castle proper. The Room of Requirement was one such oddity that was said to exist, but even Hogwarts a History didn't have any additional information on it beyond the fact that it was supposed to become whatever one needed it to be.

A noise from the far end of the corridor caught her attention. Another Ravenclaw girl was waving her hands and obviously calling for attention. The girl looked fine to Valerie, but with all the magic in Hogwarts it was saver to make sure. Slowly she made her way down the hallway and watched as a Hufflepuff joined the other girl.

When she was only a few feet away she could see what had caught the girls' attention: a corridor in the wall that she was pretty sure hadn't been there. Strange... but also very exciting. As she heard the girls talking about checking out the corridor she hurried to catch up with them.

"Hey," she greeted the two girls she didn't know. The Ravenclaw was a fellow first year she'd seen in class before, but she had never seen the Hufflepuff girl before. "I heard you call. Was that corridor there before? I don't remember seeing it. I'm Valerie, by the way."

She was so excited about the hidden hallway - if that was what it was - that she had almost forgotten to introduce herself.

“To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
- Sun Tzu

Another Ravenclaw came by just as they were planning to enter the corridor. At least she was planning to. The girl hadn't said no yet though! She was super polite and everything, introducing herself after she asking about the corridors like Emma. Evelyn waved with the hand that was holding Emma's.

"Hello! I'm Evelyn, she already knows that though, I don't think you do. Which is a shame because you seem like a very nice person! Did you want to traverse the hallway? I can't see it so I hope I don't become a hindrance."

She over explained herself in the hopes they wouldn't leave her behind. This would be her first real adventure after all. It would be a shame if they decided to go without her. She lowers there hands, adjusting her grip so it'd be more comfortable if she gets mushed against the brick wall because she doesn't see a magical hallway in a school for wizards.

"Hopefully it works through contact! Other wise I'll probably be stuck here, which is fine I guess. I'll just find my way back to the great hall!" She hummed in thought. It wasn't the best option but she was content with it.

Evelyn Moore

Emma thoughts had been confirmed, Evelyn hadn't been able to see the mysterious passageway that had just opened, but why? She wanted to ask why, but it might have been a little rude in her own opinion, she doubted she would have known the correct answer anyways.

The brunette had heard two introductions so she had assumed someone else had joined them. She had noticed another girl from Ravenclaw, she automatically noticed her from one of her Defense Against the Dark Arts classes. "Emma," she said, introducing herself to the newcomer that had also noticed the eccentric hallway. "And, I don't recall that was there a few moments ago," she added. 

Emma turned herself to Evelyn, "did you want to attempt to proceed in?" It seemed a bit different to say this, considering that she had answered a question with an alike question. She didn't know what lurked beyond the hidden doors that had also appeared in the hallway. "It could be like the entrance to the Hogwarts Express, you know? But Valerie, how can you see it?" 

The Ravenclaw was determined to find out why both Ravenclaws could see it, but the Hufflepuff couldn't? There was no way it was some sort of hidden passage only available to the members of Ravenclaw, nothing ever existed like that.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Valerie listened as the others introduced themselves and made sure to remember their names. Evelyn sounded like a nice person, polite and easy to get along with. Emma was obviously a true Ravenclaw, as she was the one asking the important questions. Both their names began with an E however, and Valerie tried to put to mind who was who. It would be really impolite to mix them up by mistake in the future.

"Why would I not see the corridor?" she asked and looked from one girl to the other and then over towards the passage in the wall, blinking once. "Wait... you can see it Emma, you waved us over. Evelyn can't you see it, too? It's right there."

She pointed at the place on the wall with big eyes, wondering how one of them couldn't see the somewhat eerie hallway and the other two could. Now Emma's sentence that the corridor was like the entrance to the Hogwarts Express, made a lot of sense. Platform Nine and Three-Quarters could only be reached by magical people, though even they couldn't see it from the muggle train station. That was... very interesting.

"Have you ever been here before, Evelyn?" Valerie asked the Hufflepuff. She herself had walked this hallway dozens of times, so it had been obvious to her that something was wrong. None of them had known about the hidden corridor however, that was plain. "Maybe it's linked to something, like the Room of Requirement is said to only show itself to certain people, and only those who saw somebody die can see a Thestral. Memory, perhaps? A certain form of magic? Intent?"

- Sun Tzu

Evelyn blinked, Valerie saw the wall too? At least it confirmed the fact that she was the only one who didn't see it. She decided to run through her options like the raven haired girl had.

"Maybe I didn't see it because I wasn't looking for anything. What were you guys doing before you entered the hallway? Then again it could depend on what it in the hallway. If it's the room of requirements maybe I didn't need anything. But if it is said room then shouldn't it either disappear since you haven't entered it? That also wouldn't explain why I can't see it. Maybe the Mirror of Erised? But what's the requirement for finding that thing."

She clapped her hands together, having grown frustrated with the lack of resolve. "How are we going to find out if we don't go in? Worst thing worst I hit the wall like a muggle at the train station you mentioned earlier! I'm sure the worst I can get is a broken finger or two. The hospital ward can surely take care of that. But if you guys have any ideas that could save the trouble I'm all ears."

Evelyn would love to avoid getting broken bones. At the same time though she really wanted to see if she could get into that magical place.

Evelyn Moore

"How are we going to find out if we don't go in? Worst thing worst I hit the wall like a muggle at the train station you mentioned earlier! I'm sure the worst I can get is a broken finger or two." Evelyn said though Emma was sure that she also wanted to come. 

"No, no... no." Emma said reassuringly, "You have to come, we can't just leave you here, besides, we don't even know why it was here. I wasn't even imagining anything, well besides getting to the Owlery to mail my mum and dad a letter." She shrugged off her own words.

Emma considered all the immoral and corrupt things that could occur if they went into the room contemporaneously. Maybe nothing would happen, if they were lucky Something good will happen, I just know it. Emma thought to herself as she looked at the empty hallway that called her name as it sent a shiver up her back. 

"We're all going in, I mean we're all wizards -" The brunette flapped her hands in a jazzy fashion as she said this word. "Here, aren't we? I mean none of us should have a problem entering, more or less, seeing the corridor, should we?"

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Evelyn was definitely making a good point when she explained more possible reasons for why the Ravenclaw girls could see the new, secret corridor and she couldn't. Valerie thought that she was onto something with the comparison to the train station, though she doubted that it was anything as mundane as house affiliation that was the deciding factor here. By now she got the feeling that it had something to do with intent, thought she had no idea what intent exactly.

"I don't want you to get hurt," she told the Hufflepuff earnestly. "But I think unless you run into the wall you should be just fine. One of us can go in first and then we offer you a hand or something. Maybe that works."

Emma and her were of the same opinion there. Valerie didn't want to leave Evelyn behind, either. They'd either go together or figure this strange hallway out first so that the Hufflepuff girl could go in there with them.

It was curious to know however, that Emma hadn't been thinking of anything. Valerie had been the only one wanting to explore the castle, apparently... this whole confused her. This hidden corridor was a puzzle and she loved it - Valerie enjoyed solving puzzles a great deal.

"Emma is right," she agreed and looked back at the wall. "We should be fine, really. If we're careful nothing can happen. I mean Hogwarts was designed as a school, it wouldn't make sense for there to be anything that is actively dangerous to its students. And, by the way, what is The Mirror of Erised? I've never heard of that before."

- Sun Tzu

Evelyn grinned, it was so nice to have people who won't leave you behind! It made her feel all warm and fuzzy.

"Were all going in we're wizards here aren't we?" was Emma's comment while Valeria had been more soft spoken in saying "I don't want you to get hurt." Which was just lovely she thought.

Valeria didn't know what the Mirror of Erised was though. It wasn't hard to explain so she decided to tell her about it. "The Mirror of Erised is an enchanted mirror like thing that shows the person in the mirror their deepest most desperate desire. It resides in the room of requirements I think. There's an inscription on it that'll tell us which one it is. "I show not your face but your truest desire" or something like that?"

She wasn't sure of the facts but she thought what she said made plenty of sense for now. They could always look more into it later if they wanted to keep up further correspondence. "Do you guys think we'll find the mirror of erised? If we do find it what to you guys think you'll see? Or more accurately. What do you want to see?" Evelyn wasn't sure if it would be something personal or not but she was curious.

Evelyn Moore

Emma was exhilarated to know that both Valerie, and herself agreed on the same thing. Evelyn was coming in and nothing was going to stop them, at all. This hallway was implanted in her mind, yet, it was funny to think that her clumsiness caused all this. It made her wonder what else lurked in the school of Hogwarts, but that would have to wait another day.

When her fellow Ravenclaw asked what the Mirror of Erised was, she was partly shocked. Though when Evelyn explained, it sounded astonishing. She had not missed a single detail as far as she was concerned, though her mind still wandered off to the appearance, maybe reappearance, or the mysterious corridor itself. 

The brunette herself questioned what she wanted to see in the mirror. She had a lot of things she wanted to see, but which one would overpower her emotions? "Well... I really just want to see my whole family together, like happy?" She had left out the part about wanted to see her deceased grandmother, it was a bit too personal for even her to say.

"I wonder what the Mirror will even look like... Wait... Erised?" Emma said something finally clicking inside of her head. She moved her hands around as if shifting an object to another place. "It means Desire, backward, what do you think would happen if.. you know... someone like.. with bad intentions got their hands on this?"

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
  Back