Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

A Meeting of Worlds  PV   Finished 

Luna found herself wandering the corriders of Hogwarts, the vast school a labyrinth, a place one could get easily lost. Yet Luna felt right at home. Exploring the streets of Cardiff had prepared her for this. She knew to keep track of different landmarks, things such as portrait frames, marks in walls, etc.

First things first, I suppose. Where is the Library? No classes yet, but I need to start studying! Luna thought to herself.

The corridors were lit, but not well. It slightly unnerved Luna and it slowly dawned on her this wouldn't be Cardiff. She was in the magical world now. And things were different. She didn't just need to adjust to a new place but to a new people. While she had no doubt that she'd likely met witches and wizards, she didn't know for sure. But would they judge her like Muggles had? Only one way to find out.

Luna looked up and down the corridor, hoping to see another student. Noticing the flash of yellow robes, she perked up a little. She had heard that the members of Hufflepuff were the kindest students. Perhaps, just perhaps, there was a friend to be made here. She slowly approached.
Last edited by Luna Aurelius on 2nd July 2018, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed.

Evelyn didn't have any classes yet so she was sitting in a window to pass the time. She was distracted reading in a window ledge near the library and didn't notice the ravenclaw until she was turning the page and her wand slipped out. Quickly she was able to catch it and shove it back into her robe sleeve but she caught a glimpse of golden eyes and snowy white hair. The purple tie caught her attention next. So she's a ravenclaw? Ravenclaw person was dubbed Rabbit in her head until she learned her proper name.
Evelyn slid off the windowsill and waved, consequently almost loosing the grip on her wand again. With a silent huff she dropped her hand into her pocket and let it fall out. Lest the wand decided to act out. She would have shouted but she didn't want to make a fool of herself disturbing the near silent halls. As the only sound were the monotone shuffling of shoes and the quiet murmur of occasional voices form the more active corridors.
It seemed like she would be able to catch Rabbit girl's attention but she was already heading towards her. That was easy! Evelyn internally grinned at the great start. It translated into a fidgety quirk of her lips; disappearing and reappearing until she found a comfortable middle ground. Most of her emotion was conveyed through movement and speech; her eyes had a hard time sparkling or glaring. They were like dead weight pebbles just sitting her orbital lobes.
She thought she projected an open aura anyway as her short stature wasn't all that threatening. Neither was the incredibly puffy hufflepuff scarf that wound it's way across her shoulders, the loose ends tucked in between the folds.

Evelyn Moore
Stam: 4 Ag: 6 Str: 4 Con: 6 Arc: 5 Acc: 5

It seemed the girl from Hufflepuff had noticed her first. She had turned from the windowsill to wave, suddenly dropping her arm into her pocket. This struck Luna as an awkward movement, and she was unsure what had happened there.

Oh, well. She does seem nice.

The oversized scarf had caught her attention. Luna had just the basic robes, as her sponsor could only give her so much. The scarf looked soft and cuddly. Luna was a bit envious. She absent gripped her own robes. Luna decided to push such matters from her mind. All that mattered what that she got off on the right foot. She had to think of something to start with. But what? In her usual habit she began twirling her hair in her fingers. She finally closed the distance and decided it's now or never.

"Hi, there. My name is Luna. I was wondering if you could direct me to the Library. And if you are interested, maybe do something like compare wands? I really like wands and their history. I'm sorry if I'm talking too much.

Luna pulled out her wand and held it up, carefully gripping it. It responded to her, ready for any command, although she didn't know any yet. It was a beautiful white color, matching her hair.

It's made of Aspen. How about yours? she said, almost reverently.

She giggled at Luna's nervous ramblings, not in a rude way but rather in amusement. The ravenclaw seemed to have a lot on her mind! She was even fiddling with her robes much in the way she played with her wand. Evelyn thought that they would get along like a house on fire. Luna even liked wands as well! Aspen was also a great wand for dueling!

"Mine's walnut, it's not as good for dueling or as pretty as yours-" She voiced her thoughts about the wood. "But apparently it's very versatile! What about your core? If it's not to personal, some people think it is, mine is dragon heartstring by the way! Oh but i'm getting off track. Why don't we keep talking whilst I walk you to the library? I would just give you instructions but it can be confusing if you loose track of your position!"

Lord knows she has done that often enough. It had taken multiple professors to find her way back to the dorms after she had gotten lost in the castle. Evelyn had almost gotten points docked from her house at the beginning of the year! That would've been a shame considering she already wanted hufflepuff to win.

She copied her new friend and help up her wand as she walked. It was just under a foot, a rather long wand considering she was about five feet. The handle was carved simply and the design was stained a darker brown. A black material transitioned the handle to the wand itself. All in all she thought her wand looked good. Even if it wasn't as lovely as Luna's. Which she had previously voiced as gorgeous.
Reducio
I'm so sorry for not posting sooner! I thought I was receiving notifications and was wrong. I'll try to avoid that in the future!

Evelyn Moore

Luna followed the Hufflepuff girl. She hadn't given her name yet, so Luna just went along with it for now. Her wand rested easily in her hand, and it felt as if it was an extension of herself. After all it was the conduit of her magical potential. Then there was this wand. Wands were indicative of potential within someone, and this was no different. Much how muggles used astrology, except wands were more accurate. 

"Walnut you say? It's more than just versatile. A witch with a walnut wand is indicative of intelligence, and tends to be attracted to inventors. And besides, the walnut wood is a handsome wood of it's own with a beautiful sheen. As for my own, yes it tends to like duelists, although I don't think that's what I'll end up doing. I think it chose me for my determination. My willpower. And as for the core, we share the same one. So there's that. Also I need to apologize. I already know the way to the Library, I just needed something to start with, and I panicked a little."

Luna looked down at the floor a little in shame of the deception. But she had gotten the conversation started, and with the goal met, it shielded her from that shame, ever so slightly. 

Reducio
No worries, I'm a patient person, plus with homework and other RPs it's getting harder to keep up. HW is just killing me.  

"Walnut does have a nice color to it. At least mine doesn't act out like some other wands! Hopefully it's because of my command or something and not because I don't have a lot of power. Wouldn't that be a shame? I guess being a potioneer wouldn't be so bad then! They don't need a lot of magic for their draughts. I can see you have a lot of talent when it comes to this kind of stuff, maybe you could tell me more if we ever keep further correspondence?" It was her hint that she wanted to continue to be friends, but she wasn't sure if it was conveyed properly in her ramble.

She admired the girls knowledge of wands. Maybe she wanted to be a future wand maker? Luna had stated she didn't wish to be a duelist. Evelyn decided to take the long way around the library so they could talk longer, the Ravenclaw herself had admitted to knowing the way once she got a little push so she hoped she didn't mind continuing the conversation.

"That's fine! Sometimes a push is all you need, unless it's off a cliff. Then you probably want to pull. Isn't it fun applying sayings to different ideas! I'm not saying that right but oh well. Do you already have something planned for your life?" It was heavily implied in her voice that she was impressed. Both with the girl and her wand.

Evelyn Moore

"I couldn't say for sure. To the potioneer job. Is that what it's called? I would've figured potion maker. Oh well. All I really know so far is wands, a little about charms, transfiguration, and DADA. And I don't really know much about the wizarding world in general. And sure we can keep up, that's no issue." 

Luna wasn't sure how else to react, the girl was moving quickly through the conversation. Not being used to this, as Luna was more slow and deliberate when calm, she was struggling to keep up. The girl seemed cheery, that was a polar opposite of Luna's personality. But maybe that was a good thing. A balance could help shape Luna into a more complete person. 

"As for the future, I have a few options. Wandmaker obviously. Curse-breaker sounds like a fascinating job. As does an Auror in general. I plan to try for N.E.W.T.S. in appropriate subjects for all those occupations. I've managed straight O's so far, so I'm on my way. By the way, I never got your name? Also I'll return the question. What do you want to do in your future?"

Luna tried to be as clear as possible, anxious and excited for the blossoming friendship.  

Evelyn didn't realize she had been moving to fast with her speaking until the girl struggled to respond. It made her feel all nice and fuzzy that somebody took the time to respond to all her questions. Normally they just responded to one while ignoring all the others.

Luna had told her she had a few things she wanted to be, which was fine, Wandmakers, curse-breakers, and Auror's were great choices to aspire to. She seemed to have thought it all out because she didn't have any trouble explaining how she planned to do that. It was incredibly impressive, straight O's in several different subjects were hard to do for any year. Let alone a first year. Evelyn decided to express her thoughts again but this time she planned to be more precise in hopes to make it easier for her.

"That's impressive! I can't imagine keeping my current grades up at their point without at least some wavering. Time can only tell I guess. My name? That's right! I'm so sorry I didn't give it to you, Evelyn Moore, but you can call me whatever you want." She paused to take a breath and let her words hit the open before continuing.

"What I want to do? Curse-Breaking sounds fun, like you said, but I think I want to be an unspeakable in the chamber of death! Wouldn't that be fascinating? Then again I wouldn't turn down working in the Time chamber." She ended with a pun, hoping to see if Luna would get it. She might if she knew time turners, but it really depended on the person.

Evelyn Moore

"Evelyn. OK, I'll call you Eevee."

The nickname was based on a popular franchise from the Muggle world Luna had seen in many shops. It not only fit with the name, but personality as well. Satisfied with her name choice for her new friend, Luna set herself to reply to the ongoing conversation. She walked steadily along Eevee. Her boots clacked on the stone floors, echoing throughout the mostly empty hallway. 

"I don't know what an Unspeakable is at all. I'd imagine it's something secretive based on it's name. Considering it's an occupation, I doubt it's anything criminal, so perhaps like MOM special forces or something?"

Luna was totally caught off guard, and honestly only knew a very few wizarding occupations. Eevee had her at a disadvantage here. Unspeakables sounded foreboding, especially these chambers they which they do their work. Chamber of Death, Chamber of Time, just how much power did magic truly grant. 

As they walked, Luna's boot caught on her robe, causing her to stumble slightly. She silently cursed in her head. She didn't know if wizard's had different profanity, but it seemed better not to risk it. Still, the robe was a hassle, and honestly Luna hated it. She tugged at it, forcing it upward to sit better on her frame. The folds were numerous and Luna wished she could wear more form fitting clothes that allowed her more mobility. Realizing she was in her own head again, Luna turned her attention back to Eevee. 

Evelyn, now Eevee, giggled. Her first nickname! She's been called Ms. Eve before but she doesn't believe that her governess counts, and hey you apparently didn't either after she consulted the chef on the matter.

"That sounds great, I like it!" She had seen plushes of cuddly brown creatures in the muggle store she liked to frequent. The store owner had called it an Eevee, maybe the girl liked muggle things too?

Eevee caught her when she stumbled. Even when she had straightened herself. It was just reflex, the sound of things breaking made her jump because she was use to everything being either expensive or rare. And when either of those things break she feels guilty. Luna probably wouldn't break though. She seems super sturdy. Eevee let her hand go once Luna's attention was back on her and she was sure she wouldn't fall.

"I know this may be a bit sudden but can I call you bunny? You just look like a bunny! You have silky white furr, furr? Hair, and you look super cuddly." This she stated like a fact, because it pretty much was to her. She scratched at her scalp while looking away from Luna and down the hall. It was okay if she said no. She just felt more comfortable not looking in case she did.

Evelyn Moore

"Bunny. A bit unconventional, but it's fine with me. I should note however, despite looking cuddly as you say, I am decidedly not. I don't like being touched."

Luna stared at her hair. Sometimes she wished it were a normal color. Like brown or blonde. She looked back up, where Eevee was looking down the hall. There was nothing there. Just the intersection. Luna thought it odd, maybe it was a nervous tic? Luna dismissed it. Eevee had helped her from falling, and while a simple thing, it was better than the treatment she had gotten most of her eleven years of life. It seemed like this would indeed be a mutually beneficial relationship. Luna could easily help with studies and academics and Eevee could help by just being a friend. Luna wouldn't let her know it, but Eevee was the second friend she had made, but Luna had the feeling that she would be the best friend she made here. 

"So if you don't mind, can you tell me a little about yourself? I come from Cardiff personally, if my accent didn't give that away. Although I have been practicing a more English accent as of late. I tend to be understood better sticking to the Queen's English, as they put it I believe." 

She nodded along, having understood the feeling of not wanting to be touched. "That's fine! I don't like it when people touch my hair, it's totally understandable." Her attention turned back to Bunny. She had started talking about herself. Eevee thought it was only justified to tell her about herself after she told her where she was from.

"I'm from london actually! I don't think I have as pronounced an accent as a should considering i'm surrounded by british people, It's probably because some of the household staff is american and since I speak a lot to them I pick up on some of their inflections. Did you have any pets growing up? My father has a snake I take care of when he goes over seas. But since he's started traveling by flu powder he's been able to sneak the snake with him. Don't tell him I told you that though, it was suppose to be a secret."

She hadn't realized what she was saying until she had said it. Oh well, it's not like she change what she said. There's no use worrying about it. Eevee decided, smiling to herself, that she'd reveal another secret of hers to balance it out.

"I've always wanted a millipede myself. If the Chef and some of the other house hold staff weren't afraid of bugs then I probably would have a couple." She didn't think the bug thing was suppose to be anyone's secret so she was probably fine.

Evelyn Moore

"I've never had a pet", Luna said before stopping and dropping her voice to a whisper. "If I'm perfectly honest with you, I haven't had a proper home for 6 years. I'd rather not delve too much into it. But if I could have a pet, I'd like an Albino Barn Owl. Hold on, I take that back. My Godwitch gave me a tabby cat. Her name is Tabitha. But I don't really have any connection to her."

Luna was banking on confidentiality. Her past was a sensitive subject. 

"So does this snake have a name? Also what does your dad do? I don't know what mine did. But my mom was an Auror. I think. Also I think a Millipede is a good choice. A giant one would be awesome. I saw one at a zoo once. It was as big as my arm."

Luna had seen a lot in her life, but this girl had brought up a Chef. Was she from a wealthy family? It seemed the opposites continued to compound. Of course status didn't matter to Luna. However she was slightly worried suddenly that her own lowly status would influence the view of her new friend. She really did like Eevee and hoped that this wouldn't be an undue obstacle. She fretted that she had said too much...

Eveethought Bunny would look good with an owl. A tabby cat just didn't compliment her as well, because despite them having similar eyes she liked how special hers were. She decided to not dig into her past; she was well aware not everybody had as good a life as her. The transition back to her father's snake and his job was smooth. She enjoyed talking about her family so she didn't mind.

"Ah, the snake's called Oni I believe, he's a Mamushi. Father got him on the trip to Japan! Oni is japenese for demon in case you were curious." She might not have been but it was safe to guess she was. "My dad works to return contraband magical texts. That's why he does all that traveling I mentioned. Even though you didn't ask, my mother is a potioneer. I just said it because it's fascinating."

Bunny concurred with her on the awesomeness of millipede's. The huge ones were spectacular, it reminded her of one time when she was helping out at a gallery owner at one of the gallery's her governess enjoyed visiting. She snapped her fingers as she recalled the story. It seemed like something she would enjoy!

"My governess was visiting one of the local galleries for a new exhibit, I of course tagged along because I enjoyed the fancy snacks, but that's besides the point. What is the point is that the exhibit owner had these Millipede's. Not just one kind either! He had a couple of those short and stout ones then one of the one's I was talking about earlier. The flat backed ones. His names Noah and pretty much got me hooked on them. They might not have been as big as the one you saw but they were at least half a foot! Let's just say the governess had to come looking for me because I spent the entire time in his office playing with the bugs."

She laughed. "I'll have to take you to London with me over break! I can show you all the cool museums and things. We can go look at Zoos to see more Millipede's!" It was only semi-serious and said lightly, but if she took it seriously then Eevee would have absolutely no problem touring her around london. The estate- she didn't like calling it a mansion- had plenty of guest rooms for her to stay in.

Evelyn Moore

"Really? That sounds really cool. Cardiff isn't nearly as large as London. The museums and monuments there are supposed to be awesome. Literally. I'd love to see the Tower of London. And the Thames. But that's later. Is there anything you need help with?"

Luna felt like the foundation was set. She had worked past all her anxiety and Eevee would see more of her true personality soon. Luna was well aware of her own arrogance, it was part of what made her a Ravenclaw. Her confidence in her intelligence was sky high. But she did well enough reigning it in. As for Eevee, she seemed very down to earth for someone from such heights. It was refreshing. After all, Luna had already heard of some more uppity pure-bloods here. Eevee seemed much more relaxed. 

The echoes of the girl's boots reverberated around the hall, accented by the flickering lights of nearby torches. Luna was sure they were nearing the Library finally. She had headed this way to prepare for classes. And had found a friend. 

"So which classes are you looking forward to? I've been enjoying Charms with Professor Blackburn. And Defence against the Dark Arts had been enlightening, even if Professor Scheinberg is a little bit intimidating. Although I haven't been a fan of Astronomy. The professor just isn't very likable to me I suppose. What about you?" 

Back