Corridors

Register
Sign in

Caught  PV Aravis Escanora   Closed 

Lorelai scrambled through the corridor, holding on to the puffed up part of her robes. She was hiding a small sack of Leaping Toadstools. She had found them by the edge of the Forbidden Forest and though they were cute enough to sneak into her dorm and keep with her for a little while. She knew they were probably not allowed in the castle, but no one would ever know anyway so why did it even matter?

They were hoping around and she could feel them starting to get restless. She'd find a bigger space for them soon, she just needed to get out of the radar of other students and staff. The hallways were mostly empty, with the exception of a few students every now and then. All she needed to do was keep her cool.

Unfortunately, the toadstools didn't feel like helping her and one squeezed its way out of her robe and started jumping along the hallway. Her eyes widened and she started to panic. The Gryffindor chased after the small creature, whilst also trying to keep the ones still in her robe. She eventually caught up to the thing and trapped it in her hands. Her hands scooped the thing up and placed it back in her robes.

She was about to continue going on her way when she realized a Slytherin girl had seen the whole thing unfold before her. She cursed in her head. "Look,"She said, making the most pitiful look she could muster. "Please don't tell anyone. I have a perfectly reasonable explanation-I swear."

♥ Le plus grand faible des hommes, c'est l'amour qu'ils ont de la vie ♥

Aravis sighed as she walked around an empty corridor. Actually she wasn't walking. She was pacing. She had been waiting for someone but they didn't seem to be coming. 

That was when she saw it. A girl chasing a toadstool. It was funny to watch how panicked she was. She decided to stay silent and enjoy the show in front of her. Finally the girl caught it and put it in her robes before noticing the black haired girl in front of her.

She spoke asking for Aravis not to tell on her. A rather cruel smile formes on the Slytherin's face. "Ok. I won't tell, no need for the pitiful look on your face! But just out of curiosity what is your 'perfectly reasonable' explanation that you mentioned hmm? Be careful what you swear on." The Slytherin said in a rather convincing tone. Aravis wasn't a tattletale by any means. Most of the time she twisted stories to her advantage, just sly enough to sound real, she was true to her word most of the time. She wouldn't tell- she would show.

She almost felt bad for the girl on front of her. The poor Gryffindor had no idea they just ran into the person who hated pitiful words and looks more than anything. 

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Lorelai visibly paled. Which was saying something considering the fact she was already able to camouflage in the snow. She hadn't actually thought of a reason, it was just an empty statement to get the Slytherin to leave her alone. Her mind started to swerve thinking of good reasons to be walking around. She thought about just making a run for it, but it would probably just free more toadstools, making the whole thing worse. The girl said she wouldn't tell, but the Gryffindor had no way of verifying it.

"Well-I was just..."She finally found a good excuse in her head, and used it immediately. "I was bringing these to the Care of Magical Creatures professor...I was supposed to get them for him."

Of course she realized after her explanation had flaws, but hopefully, the Slytherin would overlook them. Lorelai liked to break the rules, but she didn't want to get caught. So far this year, she had evaded being caught, but that could soon change. She didn't want to disappoint her mother, who thought of her as a sinless angel.

Lorelai could feel the toadstools jumping around. They were getting more and more restless. She would really need to get them in a bigger enclosure soon, so she needed to get this Slytherin off her tail quickly.

Aravis nodded as if she was actually listening. It was a lie. She noticed the girl had paled, stuttered, and hesitated. Three of the five things Aravis had learned that  hinted towards a lie. "Oh really? Of course, but why were you sneaking around?" The girl said smiling with a wicked look in her eye for a split second.

Did this girl really think she was going to get past Aravis. "In all honesty...sneaking around makes you look like-" Aravis paused looking at her black nail polish making sure it was chipped before finishing. "-you're breaking the rules perhaps. Just a thought." She smiled watching the girl for any tricks she tried to pull.

To Aravis this was like a game of cat and mouse. Catch then release. Catch, release again. Oh and another catch before letting go. Then catching and devouring any hope left. It was simply her favorite game to play. After all, she was always the cat. 

Aravis smiled a rather convinving fake smile. After all, she had to look nice. "You look like you're in a hurry. Would you like a bit of help?" She said in the kindest voice she could possibly muster. Putting on a fake face was her specialty. 

"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Lorelai relaxed a little. Had the Slytherin really bought her lie? Her relaxation was short-lived, however when the other girl questioned why she had been walking around. "He wanted it to be a surprise for the students, so I was supposed to bring them to him in secret. I wasn't doing anything I shouldn't have been doing until you saw me. But I guess its too late for that now."

The lie was becoming easier as it became more elaborate. Lorelai hoped this was enough to convince the other student. Although, so far it seemed like she was too smart for this. Maybe making it seem like it was the other girl doing something she wasn't supposed to would be enough to get her off her case.

The Slytherin asked if Lorelai wanted help. She seemed genuine, but the Gryffindor was still unsure. After all, the girl didn't seem to be okay with her behavior. And it went against her fabricated story to get help when it was an 'secret mission.'

"No, I'm okay. I got it."She said, adjusting the toadstools in her robes. "And please don't tell anyone you saw this. Professor Lear will get mad at you, I'm sure."The girl hoped that she cared enough about getting in trouble to keep her mouth shut.

Aravis smiled. Not a cruel smile, and not a kind one. It was almost as fake as her kindness was. Except this was easy to see. Even a 2 year old would be able to see through her smile. "Oh but of course! Wouldn't want me to spoil the lovely surprise now would we?" She said with her eyes scanning the girl for any more clues. Aravis recalled the Gryffindor Prefects in her head. This girl certainly wasn't one. And she certainly wasn't a prefect from any other house due to her robes 

"Now that I think about it... you aren't a prefect. Why would Professor Lear send you. We all have prefects, certainly not all 16 prefects are busy at the same time. So why would he send you?" Aravis said clicking her tongue. She wanted to see how far the other girl would stretch her lie to make it seem she wasn't doing something in the wrong. She had been so careless about processing her lie. Always have a plan, and two back up plans in case one of them failed, or you got busted for. Another thing she had learned was to have the plans before you acted on them. It made eveything less complicated than it had to be.

Lorelai cursed in her head. The girl had a point. Why would Professor Lear send her? She wasn't even in his class considering she was still the first year. Not to mention she didn't have the greatest reputation among teachers. Not the worst but not good enough for any teacher to entrust her with an important task. But the girl didn't know this.

"I don't know. I guess he just trusts me..."She said. It was a weak argument, but the other girl couldn't disprove it. At least not at the moment. She started to worry she might go and talk to the Care of Magical Creatures professor, who would certainly know she was lying. Right now, it was just better to get out of the situation. And hopefully, this Slytherin would just move on with her life. "I should really get going...Er-Professor Lear is probably getting impatient. So if you don't mind, I'll be going now..."

Lorelai slowly backed away from the girl, when another toadstool jumped out of her robes. She hissed under her breath, as the critter hopped, eventually going towards the other girl's feet. Lorelai bent down, trying to gather it into her hand. She was successful, but accidentally let the rest of the toadstools go in the process. Nearly a dozen of the fungi hopped around the corridor, all in different directions. There was no way she could collect them all before getting caught. Her mind panicked, and she thought of running away, but this girl would probably just tell on her. In the heat of the moment, she made a decision that at any other time she wouldn't have even considered. "Can you please help me gather them all? Please? I'll do whatever you want, just help me!"She begged in a rushed tone, already starting to gather them back from the floor.

Aravis nodded as if she believed the girl. The lying girl began to back away when she let a toadstool escape. When she picked it up all the others escaped. Perfect for Aravis. "Oh goodness, I'll most definitely help! But my price is a dangerous one. A secret and the truth is my price." She said like she was worried before  her voice faded into a rather proud sounding one.

The black haired Slytherin then proceeded to try to catch as few as she could. The first one she was able to catch really wanted away from her. The next one was much easier. It didn't put up much of a fight. The third was tricky. While she was busy trying to catch it the other two both escaped and made a break straight towards where most of the people were. Around a corner Aravis had no intentions of going towards. It was unplanned for them to go where the students were but worked perfectly.

Aravis then amanged to catch three more not bothering to notice the other two that had escaped. "Maybe we should go ahead and take this to Professor Lear. He might know what to do with any others that got away. You can tell me the what you owe on the way there." Aravis stated planning on going straight to him to prove that Lorelai was lying and breaking the rules.

Lorelai was confused by what the Slytherin meant by ‘....my price is a dangerous one. A secret and the truth is my price’ but she didn’t care as long as she got the help she so desperately needed. After the two had worked together rounding them up, most-but not all were recaptured. Lorelai assumed that she could leave a few and people couldn’t trace it back to her. Again, only if this girl wasn’t going to snitch on her. The Slytherin girl suggested they go to Professor Lear. Lorelai tried her best to smile and keep her composure. That was literally the worst thing she could possibly do. And she was actually looking forward to Care of Magical Creatures in the coming years. The last thing she wanted was to get off on the wrong foot with the professor.

“No...I’m just going to go me.”She said as she started to walk away from the scene. This girl didn’t even know her name, so how was she going to tell? The best thing was probably just to leave, and hope that's the end of it. Lorelai’s pace picked up as she walked away from the girl, still in her sight. She couldn’t run because the toadstools would just escape again. But just in case the girl was going to rat her out, she was going to release the evidence. Honestly, what was she even going to do with the critters in the first place? She went towards the outside, which also happened to be the same way to where Care of Magical Creatures was. She started to feel more confident about getting away already.