Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

History Notes  PV Reid Kovacs   Finished 

That's was quite fascinating to hear, especially after she spoke of her father writing about space. Was he an Astronomer then? Maybe not, but that was still cool. They sounded like well learned people, advanced in their knowledge of magic and this world. He always wondered why his mother didn't do anything magic related, she never explicitly said anything about the sort. It made him wonder how much did he know of his mother, truly.

So a healer was like a doctor in the wizarding world? He wondered how difficult it was to learn and become these professions, society seemed so much different with magic folk. He had heard only about one other school aside from Hogwarts, the Durmstrang Institute. Yet his parents remembered he was half-blood, not a pureblood wizard. He wondered if he had the chance to enter the other schools all around the globe, but he was perfectly fine with Hogwarts.

But what really made his features light up was the mention of dragons. A flash of excitement had the young student almost agape. "Dragons?" he said, rather loudly. He pursed his lips and almost had a tinge of red, he had spotted some a couple of students looking at him. Reid cleared his throat, his brow furrowing together as it did so. "Wait so, there's actual ... dragons? These are living breathing dragons, right?" There was an unmasked enthusiasm that dripped from his voice, this apparently was something he was quite interested in.

He did grab a book on creatures the other day. "I got this bestiary about some of the creatures and it mentioned dragons. But it never said if they were still alive or not." Maybe it was an interest that he would choose to pursue later in his years or it was simply a temporary spark. Either way, it felt like fables of his youth came to life. "I know it's a little dangerous to say this, but I'd want to see one someday."

sic parvis magna.
STA: 3, AGL: 5, STR: 9, CTL: 4, AP: 3, ACC: 6

Hogwarts really was becoming her home away from home. Still not one hundred percent comfortable but she was getting there. Her dorm mates and the few friends she had made were the ones that made it feel that way -- a 'found family'. "I've thought about becoming a Healer myself," she replied with a smile. "It can be dangerous, though not as dangerous as being an Auror, but there's certain levels so I suppose not everyone can work with contagious folk." Not that she would want to but it was interesting, seeing how spells affected the body and mind.

It was something that Dympha loved seeing -- others light up when they talk about something they're passionate about and boy, did Reid get excited. She bit her lip on a laugh when he earned a few looks from his exclamation. "Yeah," she said, simple as that. "Your fairy tales are real. Maybe not all of them but dragons are as real as you and me." She had never seen a dragon, despite her grandpa Fergus being a breeder of magical creatures. "Some people study and breed dragons, and get paid for it." How cool was that? It wasn't something that she thought she could handle but it sounded like such an exciting job.

Her smile widened into a toothy grin. "I'd like to too." She didn't care how mental they sounded or even if she went on to study dragons herself. It would be quite the experience to just see one in real life. Even if it was just a baby dragon. Fierce but oh so cute! She had a dream once where she had been riding a dragon and though that would never happy, it was such an exciting dream. "Maybe someday we can."

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague
Str:3; Agi: 15; Con:11; Sta: 6

Dymphna seemed to happily indulge his curiosity, something he admired about her in some ways. He didn't feel belittled for not knowing something that could be basic knowledge. There was some form of patience in her stride and it was a trait he often didn't recognize that he gravitated to. His body language remained the same, if not more loose than before. A corner of his lip would twitch into a faint smile as she talked about the dragons, a grin when she mentioned a dragon breeder. 

Much of his thoughts and assumptions of this world were often turned on their heads and for a guy his age, it was perhaps one of the most exciting things. For once, he wanted to learn more and more about what surrounded him. It was hard to realize there was a whole world out there that transcended non-magical folk's boundaries. Reid grinned, "We should. If you ever get the chance, I want to tag along. I'll do the same too if you're free." 

It sounded like a done deal, even though he said it a little jokingly. If he did ever get the chance, he'd consider Dymphna. Hopefully they were still friends then, whenever that might be. His frame wasn't upholding his excitement as much anymore, he could feel himself get weary of being in the same position. The young wizard pushed himself off the rough stone of the corridor and straighten himself. 

As much as he wanted to stay and talk with her all evening, he knew he couldn't keep Dymph's attention forever. "I have some notes to copy and I'm sure you have places to be." he lightly smiled. "Maybe we can talk later? But if not, I'll see you at the study group?" There was some hope in his voice, yet he didn't want to seem too excited. He was a little embarrassed to already be so excited to hang out with the people he's just met. But they seemed to be quite accepting so far anyway, he felt quite carefree - just like now. 

sic parvis magna.
STA: 3, AGL: 5, STR: 9, CTL: 4, AP: 3, ACC: 6

Dragons were dangerous yet fascinating. She hoped that someday she and Reid would get a chance to see one -- hopefully a baby that hadn't grown into it's teeth yet. The thought was exciting and she made a mental note to ask her grandpa if he knew anything about it. It wasn't like they could take a trip to a zoo and see one. Muggle zoos only had dangerous non-magical animals but still dangerous, like lions, tigers and bears. Oh my. She shuddered at the thought of an insect exhibit but butterfly houses intrigued her. Not that she had been to any muggle exhibits however.

Dymphna followed his lead, standing up straighter after being slouched over on the wall for a while. She rolled her shoulders. "Oh, of course." They would be seeing each other around. Not that she wasn't a very shy person. Introverted but she would talk to just about anyone. Now that she knew Reid, she would wave at him from the Ravenclaw table during meals and talk to him when they both had the time. "Saturday at one o'clock. Don't forget," she replied, turning with a flip of her hair. "See you later." Feeling excited for Saturday and to have met someone outside of her house that she felt she could probably rely on, the blonde gave him a smile before she rounded the corner and disappeared from view.

[Finished!]

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague
Str:3; Agi: 15; Con:11; Sta: 6
  Back