Corridors

Register
Sign in

Meeting Up In The Corridors  Closed 

Kathleen walked along the corridor, her carefully ironed robes swishing along her ankles. She clutched a few things - she still had to unpack her suitcase, she thought, she really needed her bag to carry the items to class. In her arm, she held a Defense Against the Dark Arts book, a glass phial, a roll of parchment and a quill. She paused, looking at her timetable trying to figure out which class was her next one. When she had finally deciphered the narrow handwriting, she found out that the next hour was free of any lessons or clubs. Leisure time! She wondered what she was going to do, then hurried on, taking a few turns and searching for the way to her dormitory. The young Ravenclaw girl thought about what to do. She could do a few quick sketches, write a story into her notebook, study for one of the oncoming exams or- "Oof!" She had been so engrossed in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed the boy in front of her - and now the girl had bumped into him. She recoiled quickly, her face reddened. "Oh no... Damn, I'm so sorry! Are you OK? She attempted a hopeful smile and looked at him.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Reducio
If you want to join in, please wait until Wes Hart replies.

Wesley had been talking to his twin sister, Melody, quickly before she had to zoom off to her own class. In preparation for her Herbology test, Melody had Wes go over questions that could possibly be noted down on her paper, so they were in the corridor, by a brass door, quickly mumbling to each other. Dashing off, with her leather bag full of papers and nearly spilling textbooks, Melody said goodbye, and jogged away to the Greenhouses. Wes nodded happily, a soft smile on his face, and light dimples on his cheeks.

All of a sudden, something - or someone - had a great impact in Wesley's side. It caused him to wobble, and he had to gain his balance once more. "Oof!" Came a high-pitched voice. On the floor, Wes turned his head to look, was a girl - first year and short. She must have bumped into his arm and fell to the stone ground. The girl then jumped up quickly. "Oh no... Damn, I'm so sorry! Are you OK?" She said. Quietly gulping, Wesley nodded, his brown curly hair bouncing lightly. "Yes. Yes, I'm all right," he replied, his soft smile returning, though his dimples were deeper than they were when talking to his sister. His equally brown eyebrows furrowed. "Actually, more importantly, are you all right? You were the one who fell down!"

professional bird dad

Kathleen smiled even more, glad that the boy was not hurt by the strong impact - and apparently, instead of being all angry and acting like a git, like some people she knew would most certainly have done, he even seemed to be quite nice. Kind and caring. He had actually asked how she was, even though their collision had been totally her fault. "Don't worry, nothing happened to me. Um..." She paused, her cheeks reddening at the awkward situation. What on earth did you say to someone whom you had just bumped into? Really hard? Determined to rub out the problem with some light conversation, she opened her mouth. "Um... what's your name?"
While waiting for an answer, she looked at the guy. He was wearing Gryffindor robes, she quite liked the house - in fact, she liked all houses, but if she hadn't liked Ravenclaw that much, she would probably have desired to be in Gryffindor. His brown, curly hair bounced slightly when he moved. All in all, he looked quite cool. Kathleen grinned and tucked a strand of her own thick ginger hair behind her ear. The bangs were forever falling into her blueish green eyes, she really needed a new haircut.

The first thing Wesley noticed about the girl, other than her height (he notices everyone's height because he mostly towers over them), was her long, ginger hair, and her fringe. The dark brown close to his dark pupils began to reach upwards to turn the rest of the iris brown, but the other, hazel, colour seemed to out-colour it, and make his eyes seem bright. And his smile seemed to grow larger, and his dimples seemed to grow dimpleier. Wesley nodded once again, his curls bouncing lightly again, as if blowing in the wind. "Wesley; Wesley Hart," he replied, holding out his hand to the girl, politely inviting a handshake. He grew intrigued, curious and interested. He cocked his head slightly. "And you are?" Wesley then asked.

His eyes gradually moved from the girls hair, envying the colour of it, and to her school robes. They were mostly the colour blue. A crest had been stitched on to the black, and a dark eagle was on it; its background was a silvery gold, and a black tag was underneath its feet saying: 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰. That girl was a Ravenclaw. Wesley knew quite a few Ravenclaws: Daisy, Hazel, Kitty, Lavinia, Eri, Beanie, Phaedra. And he recognised her, he thought, from the sorting on his first night, the night he had been sorted into GRYFFINDOR.

professional bird dad

Kathleen smiled up at the exceptionally tall Gryffindor student. She couldn't really help it, she was sort of a happy kind of person, always dimpling at everyone. "Wesley, Wesley Hart" said the guy. Huh. It was kind of a cool name, not that common, but also not too foreign, same as her own. "And you are?" The answer came out quickly as her thin lips parted. "Kathleen. Taylor. Nice to meet you, Wesley! Er... may I call you Wes?" She stuck out her left hand awkwardly, then withdrew it in a quick movement. shuffling her feet and finally finishing the quick "routine" by going dreadfully red; she could feel the blush start off in her freckled cheeks and colour her whole face in an unfortunate crimson. She hated the fact that she reddened so easily. It sure was not a sensible match with her ginger wavy hair. She grimaced. Why, oh why, was she so totally rubbish when it came to meeting new people? She tried to comfort herself. OK. OK. Calm down, and quit that silly stammering, will you? OK. You're a cool, self-confident girl, you can do this!
She straightened her back a little, her long robes swishing back and forth in the effect. "So, Wesley, how did you come to be here? On your way to the next class?"

The girl shook his hand and answered his question happily: "Kathleen. Taylor. Nice to meet you, Wesley! Er... may I call you Wes?" So her name was Kathleen. Kathleen. It was a pretty name, he thought. Wes nodded. "Of course. My family calls me Wes, so I don't mind whether or not you call me Wes," he replied, politely digging his hands into his pocket.Kathleen then began talking after Wesley's reply, her mouth opened and words began flowing out of her mouth. "So, Wesley, how did you come to be here? On your way to the next class?" In return, Wes shook his head.
"No," he said, "I was talking to my sister; she has a Herbology test in the greenhouse. I personally have a Free Period." As Kathleen had not rushed off upstairs or downstairs or... away, she must have had a Free Period as well. But that was just a guess; she could just be ditching her class and be one of those students. In all honesty, Kathleen didn't seem like one of those students, so Wes found that thought quite unlikely and unbelievable. He smiled at her. "Do - Do you have a Free Period? I - I mean if you don't then you ought to get to class..." Wes said, his brown eyebrows furrowing.

professional bird dad

Oh God, what on earth did he think of her? She, Kathleen, was probably the person least likely to bunk off school. She always attended her lessons. The thought of the accusation behind his sentence made her flush, partly indignantly, on the other hand quite embarassed. Still, she decided to take it humourously.
"My, you think I'm bunking off? Well... you know, maybe I am..." Her eyes twinkled in amusement. "No, no, I'm just kidding. I've also got a free period. So..." She paused, she liked the guy for some reason and wanted to keep the conversation going. "What were you planning to do with your freedom, Wes? I wasn't sure yet, maybe I will study a little, or I could sketch a few things around the Castle - it's such an inspirational place! And-" She broke off. Of course, good to "Keep the ball bouncing" but she practically drowned Wes in words. She was really, really too talkative. She laughed excusingly, blushing. Again. "Sorry for talking that much. I suppose you've got better things to do than listen to all this..." The girl bowed her head shyly. The next sentence cost her a lot of effort, she wasn't really the typical extrovert despite her talkative ways and feared to be rejected. The words came out in a tumble, as if to get it over with. "But... um, if you don't, maybe we could spend the period together."