Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

And You Are?  PV Dymphna Teague   Finished 

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 🆂🅻🆈🆃🅷🅴🆁🅸🅽 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

CORRIDORS,
SECOND FLOOR.

The school was completely and utterly filled with students. It seemed no matter where Sebastian went, he couldn't escape the bustle of robes, hats and wands. With a sneer, the Irish boy ducked a low flying paper plane, as an older student walked by waving a wand after the object; it was almost insulting to see such frivolous use of magic, especially when far more important applications were available for practice or study.

Children, I'm surrounded by children, Sebastian thought, the irony lost on him.

Despite only being at Hogwarts for a short time, Sebastian had already adopted several coping mechanisms for dealing with the large number of people. One included keeping close to the wall on his left, so that he could avoid the main foot traffic in a hallway; the second involved keeping his head down, so he could avoid trying to awkwardly interact socially; and the third was ducking away into side passages and corridors when there were too many people.

The third option was used, as a class was excused ahead, and a flood of students swarmed the hall.

Now within the relatively empty corridor, Sebastian paused. He glanced over his shoulder, seeing the horde of robes pass by, but decided to stay where he was for a moment longer. For the last few days the boy had been slowly exploring more and more of the castle, trying to expand his knowledge of the various passages and doors. So far, Sebastian had put a good portion of the dungeon level to recall, which was considerably easier given his eidetic memory - one of the few positive outcomes of being his father's son.

Letting out a long exhale, Sebastian turned around and began walking further into the corridor, escaping the crowd. Given his internal thoughts and focus, the boy was caught by surprise when he almost literally stumbled headlong into another student...
Last edited by Sebastian Leeds on 31st May 2018, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian Leeds
Sta: 5 | Agi: 8 | Str: 1 | Con: 7 | Arc: 6 | Acc: 8

Though the Ravenclaw was truly never alone, Dymphna felt more alone than ever before during her time at Hogwarts. Her dorm mates were always around, chatting groggily over breakfast in the Great Hall and making up stories to tell each other before they fell asleep. There was no doubt that she had any lack of friends spread out between all of the houses but it was easier to fall into place with her fellow Ravenclaw. Still, she didn't know why she was feeling alone when she was constantly surrounded by friends. Maybe it was because she hadn't gotten the chance to see anyone outside of her house in a long while. There had been no adventures for her, only studying and looking forward to the upcoming ball where she would likely go along with a group of single friends. As an eleven year old, dating was much too weird for her. She hadn't even thought of asking anyone, not even when the others giggled and gushed about a ballroom romance.

There were more important things to do. Studying for one. There was a promise she had made to herself after her fainting spell - take breaks, learn to relax. She needed a new hobby. The orchestra was fun but it felt too predictable. Of course she would join after having taken piano lessons back home. Her ballet shoes were hanging up where she had left them in her bedroom. She refused to sing in front of others. Reading for enjoyment was becoming difficult - she couldn't focus. Magic was kind of taking over her life. As a Pureblood, maybe that wasn't such a bad thing to some but she hadn't been raised to think that way. She had gone to a muggle school before, cleaned the house without the use of spells and lived a fairly normal life for a witch up until the arrival of her letter.

Dueling club! Why hadn't she thought of it before? Dymphna had attended one practice duel and it had been the most invigorating experience. Even more so than trying out for Quidditch! Maybe it wasn't that she was lonely, just bored of feeling too normal in a magical society. Yes, she decided, that must be it. There were loud footfalls and noises, something that she went out of her way to avoid as classes let out but she had been too focused on them, literally running into another student. Or he had run into her, either way ow

Dymphna rubbed her sore shoulder, adjusting her messenger bag and finally looked to see she had run into. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention," he wasn't familiar to her at all. With a school so big, it wasn't uncommon to see a new face around but she did pride herself on knowing people. She was involved in a handful of extracurricular activities afterall. "I'm Dymphna." Then she corrected, "Dymph actually." Curse her family for giving her a super traditional name. At least the nickname seemed to stick. "I don't think we've met." Making good first impressions were important to her, if only to be known as a friendly face around school.

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague
Str:3; Agi: 15; Con:11; Sta: 6

The bump caused Sebastian to stumble backward several steps, as he frowned. He managed to hold onto his books, before looking up at the student opposite. She was blonde with blue eyes, dressed in the blue trim of Ravenclaw, and was in the process of rubbing her shoulder - which, Sebastian noted by the dull ache of his chest, was where she had impacted against him. The Irish boy rubbed at the middle of his chest, frown increasing, as he listened to the girl - Dymphna - apologize and introduce herself.

"Apology accepted," Sebastian said simply, his Irish accent obvious, as he brushed the front of his robe as he continued to look at the girl. "Your name is Dymphna? I am Sebastian Leeds, and it's good to run into another from back home. Literally."

Given both students were Irish, it was likely Dymphna would pick up on the correct pronunciation of her name quite readily, considering most other students tended to be British and likely mashed it. That could also have been the reason for shortening it, perhaps. Maybe even a dislike of such a traditional name, resulting in a nickname of sorts, however Sebastian would eat gizzards before being called by one.

"You look like you were perturbed," Sebastian continued, one eyebrow raised, as he noted the messenger bag. "You're attending Hogwarts, surrounded by all of this knowledge and magic... what could possibly be wrong?"

As soon as Sebastian had asked, the boy realized he wished he hadn't. By inquiring he was now opening the door for hearing any problems or issues Dymphna was comfortable discussing, though given they had just met, perhaps she would brush it off. Sebastian had to make sure.

"Actually, it's fine, I don't care," He added quickly, silver-blue eyes glancing toward the nearby intersecting hallway. The crowd was still bustling, which meant he didn't want to venture out there just yet - he had to buy some time. "What do you do? Here, in Hogwarts, I mean."

Sebastian Leeds

At his words, Dymphna gave a wide toothy grin. There seemed to be many Irish folk around the castle but she hadn't gotten very close to them which was a shame. No wonder he could pronounce her name correctly. "It is," she agreed, "It's nice to meet you, Sebastian." It was only polite to go in for a handshake. It always made her feel very adult and important to do so.

"Just a lot on my mind, I guess." She shrugged as if it wasn't such a big deal. There was always a lot on her mind, her downfall really. "You obviously haven't met the Whomping Willow." Her friends seemed to get into a lot of trouble, being attacked by various magical creatures on the grounds. Thankfully, she hadn't come face to face with anything of the sort. Why would she want to? Still, it all felt too normal, a little boring. Everyone else had exciting adventures so why hadn't she? Dueling and Quidditch were all she had going for her, though she was only a substitute and hadn't been involved in a match. Maybe she should challenge her rival in Ravenclaw to a duel, that would liven things up a bit.

"Right." He was a stranger afterall. Dymphna didn't expect the boy in green to worry himself over her. Stereotypes but if she shoe fits... "Study, obviously." She wasn't meaning to be so short or crabby with him. Maybe it was because he had been dismissive. "I write for the newspaper," she stood a little taller, proud of her work there. Cooking wasn't one of her skills at all but somehow she had landed the recipes section and interviewed a different Ravenclaw every month. "I'm also on the Quidditch team, a Beater." Substitute, she didn't add. "A few clubs - orchestra, astronomy, dueling, book club." The Ravenclaw liked to keep busy. "What about you? Clubs? Favorite classes?" Why hadn't she seen him around?

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague

Sebastian noted the change in tone, smirking to himself. It was always interesting to see what others were up to in Hogwarts, it allowed him a chance to determine if he was missing out on opportunities to improve. As it was, he hadn't met the Whomping Willow, and decided he would do so at a later point. The mention of clubs piqued Sebastian's interest, especially Dymphna's mention of the dueling group - that was obviously of great interest to the Irish boy, and he immediately wanted to know more.

"I've never much liked Quidditch," Sebastian said, his tone even. "It's always felt like several different games mashed into one, which results in chaos and a hodgepodge of rules... though even I admit I haven't gone out of my way to investigate more, so I might be judging it too harshly. But my first impressions are usually accurate."

He gave a shrug, before he continued.

"My pastimes aren't very exciting," Sebastian scratched at his ear, thinking for a moment. "I study, I seek magical knowledge and improvement, and I practice. My family didn't allow for hobbies, there was too much to learn before attending Hogwarts. Perhaps I can look into some options now that I'm here..."

Inclining his head, Sebastian raised an eyebrow.

"You mentioned the dueling club? Can you tell me more about that?" He asked, his eyes brightening, clearly very interested in learning more...

Sebastian Leeds

Stupid Whomping Willow, Dymphna thought. Though she hadn't been there and didn't get a chance to visit her Prefect in the hospital wing, she knew that the damage it had caused had hurt her friends a great deal. Physically and probably mentally as well. They seemed more withdrawn so she hadn't actually been hanging out with them lately. Not even the friends she had made within her own house. Partly her fault too but at least she was studying in public spaces to give them a chance to confront her if they wanted. They hadn't.

"Me either," Honestly Dymphna had never considered herself an athlete. She hadn't been any good at muggle sports at her last school. Swimming was her favorite but she only wanted to do it for fun rather than competition. "It's surprisingly fun. Though I'll agree, a bit chaotic." At least no one had taken a bludger to the head the last match. Who's idea was it to make the balls out of iron anyway? Her eyebrows shot up at that, "Oh really? Go on then, what's your first impression of me?" She missed the chance to do an impressive hair flip, instead standing there with her grip on her messenger bag strap, not feeling at all as confident as she seemed on the outside.

How had this boy not been sorted into Ravenclaw? Wait... "Didn't allow for hobbies," she repeated with a frown. Must be a Pureblood, there had been a surprising amount of Purebloods that seemed to have the world's strictest parents. It made Dymphna more grateful for her own. They were supportive and loving, though strict in their own ways but nothing like some others had described to her. She had gone to a muggle school for Merlin's sake! "Dueling club could be a good hobby to start with," she replied with a smile, noticing his interest. "I haven't participated yet but we get to practice what we learn in classes. On each other." Which was kind of terrifying but of course, they were supervised. "There's also training dummies to start off with."  

The blonde had only been practicing on training dummies but soon she hoped to move on to dueling with an actual person. She didn't want to hurt anyone but the experience was needed. Hands on was just as important as book smarts, so she had learned. As someone who had a wide range of hobbies, Dymphna wanted to help him have a little fun while at Hogwarts. "Is there anything else you're interested in? Something you've always wanted to do but couldn't while at home?" There must've been an awful lot. 

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague

Sebastian inclined his head, as Dymphna asked for his impression of her. There was a moment of pause, as he gave the young girl a glance over, taking in details. He noted the small things, before his silver-blue eyes raised and looked at her own.

"You're intelligent, obviously," Not really a revelation, considering Ravenclaw, but simply a start. Sebastian continued. "You're an academic, primarily, if your studying, newspaper and bag have anything to say about it, but you're also interested in being athletic. Why? Maybe to fit in, maybe to be accepted by both types of students, so you can flow between each group as you require."

He inclined his head, hair falling over his forehead.

"You want to be liked, you want close friends, but you also like solitude and sometimes that means you walk lonely corridors," Sebastian shrugged, eyebrows raised. "I'd guess it's because of the stress you put on yourself with all of your extracurricular activities, so you need that down time. In some ways you're an overachiever, maybe trying to prove something to your peers or to yourself? Either way, judging by the concerned expression you had when we bumped into each other, you're not coping with the balancing act as well as you'd like... and your position on the Quidditch team as a beater probably gives you a good excuse to vent some frustration, otherwise someone as smart as you would be in a more appropriate leadership or tactical spot."

Sebastian stopped, face passive, as he wondered if he should continue... he decided against it. He was bored now, and wanted to talk about the other topics Dymphna had mentioned, which were far more exciting.

"I would really like to see the dueling club," Sebastian said, eyes lighting up. "I have reasons for wanting to excel in dueling, and the sooner I begin the better I'll be. But unfortunately I have pending homework, so perhaps a visit at a later time?"

And thinking on the other prospects for hobbies or activities, Sebastian had to admit that his limited pastime as a child had left him quite clueless about what was on offer. The notion of using time not pursuing improvement was foreign, but he couldn't deny there was a certain draw to get involved in something...

"I... saw my mother knitting once...," Sebastian said slowly, eyes narrowing as he waited for insult. "That looked calming. Maybe even practical. I've also heard students mention gobstones, though I'm not sure what those are, they spoke of the game in a similar manner to chess?"

Sebastian Leeds

A blotchy red made it's way onto her face. Perks of being fair skinned. Dymphna felt a little hot at his description, embarrassed but she chose to ignore it. What does he know anyway? Surprisingly a decent amount for only having met her a few minutes ago. However, he had called her intelligent so it was almost like a compliment too. It was true too, that her friends made up a few different social circles and positions of power that she longed to be in but she was busy enough as is.

"Well, that's... quite the assessment." It would likely be obvious to him that she was embarrassed, feeling somewhat awkward that he had figured her out so quickly. Then he continued on and it only frustrated her but she tried to remember that due to his strict upbringing, he probably hadn't socialized much before school. Unless it was with other children that his family deemed worthy? It was only an assumption but one that she would cling to as long as she felt insulted. "I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone," she lied through her teeth, softening her features to try and stop the glare making it's way onto her face. It was her own fault in asking.

He looked blank, Dymphna observed, as though it was so easy for him to read others, like an everyday occurrence. Weird, she thought and let out a breath, calming down in a matter of seconds. It was a good thing that she wasn't like her granny Eithne who would sprout feathers and a beak, spitting fireballs when mad. She had only seen it a few times and it wasn't something she wanted to be on the receiving end of, that's for sure. "Maybe I'll see you there. In Dueling club, I mean."

At the mention of knitting, her face lit up. "Knitting needles," she said to herself, unclasping her bag to shuffle through the various books that she had pressed foliage into, a vial of rose oil, a blue quill and various other trinkets at the very bottom of her bag. She really needed to clean it out and organize more. Her bag had nothing on her untidy desk in Sybil Trelawney dorm however. "Ah," she pulled out a powder blue ball of yarn with knitting needles stuck in. The ball was threatening to unfurl but otherwise it looked exactly as it had the day her nana Caoilfhoinn shoved it into her hands in hopes that she would create something out of it. It turned out that she wasn't exactly the arts and crafts type but maybe Sebastian would find it helpful.

"Here," and just as her nana had done to her, Dymphna shoved it into his hands without waiting for his reply. No thanks necessary. It was one less thing to carry around. "Let me know how you get on." She spared him the horror stories of being gifted yarn for years, the attempts she had made that only ended in a tangled mess each time. It was one failure that didn't actually bother her, having no interest in the art. "Chess is better," she replied easily, enjoying chess much more than the one round of Gobstones she had played. "When you lose, it sprays you with something that smells like a skunk." It might very well be a skunk. Gross. "Do you play chess?" She wondered if he was any good.

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague

Sebastian felt quite proud of himself, arms crossing as he smiled at Dymphna. Judging by her reaction most of what he had said had been somewhat accurate, and his observant gaze caught the reddening of her face. Still, despite only speaking for a number of minutes, Sebastian couldn't deny that he was beginning to like the Ravenclaw girl; she had a pleasant manner, was smart enough to hold an interesting conversation, and seemed to know quite a bit about Hogwarts and what it had to offer.

She was also Irish, which was good to hear again.

Following some less than convincing statements about her social life, Dymphna surprised Sebastian by opening her bag and producing a ball of yarn complete with knitting needles. Before the boy could speak, the items were thrust into his arms, which he unfolded just in time, blinking.

"Uh," Sebastian looked down, cupping the yarn so it didn't unfurl. "Thanks? I... I'll make something. Something practical. And I'll show you."

For another moment Sebastian was confused; no one had given him a gift before, not even his parents had offered things for less than some display of effort. It was... different. Nice different. Still, the boy couldn't accept something without offering another thing in return, wanting to avoid owing anyone anything.

I know just the thing...

Reaching into his own bag, Sebastian rummaged around briefly, before producing a finely crafted, well-maintained quill. He offered the item, nodding solemnly, wiggling the feather to make Dymphna take it.

"Here, a self-inking quill," Sebastian said. "Useful for someone writing articles, I'd imagine."

The discussion changed to gobstones, which sounded horrid after Dymphna mentioned what happened to losers. Then she asked about chess, which caused Sebastian to shrug.

"I know how to win in chess," He said, putting the yarn held in one arm into the bag at his side. "My father ensured I never played, so much as systematically disabled my opponents to secure victory... his words, obviously."

Sebastian raised an eyebrow.

"Would you like to play sometime?"

Dymphna was certainly growing on him. Sebastian wanted to know a little more.

"So, Dymphna, who are your family and what do they do?"

Sebastian Leeds

So now it was his turn to be surprised. Dymphna smirked at him, glad to have caught him off guard. "You're welcome," she replied politely, "Please do. I'm not sure what you'll be able to make with that little amount. I was never any good at it." If he found that he enjoyed it, she would have to write home to let her parents know so they could send more - she had an entire desk drawer full of yarn just wasting away because her nana didn't know when to give up.

Once again, the Ravenclaw found herself to be speechless, though earlier she had somehow found her voice through her anger and frustration. However, now she found herself staring at the quill in his hand a little too long. "This is - are you certain?" When he wiggled the feather, she reached out to take it gently, a smile making it's way to her lips. "I didn't give you a gift so you'd have to give me one in return, you know." Then realizing that she hadn't even thanked him yet in her surprise, she quickly added, "Thank you. It'll definitely come in handy." Instead of shoving it into her bag for it to get caught in whatever mess she had made there, she placed it snugly behind her ear. Probably not her best look but she didn't want to risk ruining the first gift she had received at Hogwarts. 

"Ah, I see," Dymphna replied as if she understood anything about his home life. "I thought my dad was joking when he said you could win in only a few moves." It didn't surprise her at all that he knew how to win, probably without even breaking a sweat. She pretended to think for a moment at his question. Would she like to play? Pfft, of course! "As long as you promise to explain to me exactly how you win while you're kicking my butt."

Oh, that question! That was the one that everyone seemed to ask, students or adults alike. She didn't quite get why it mattered so much, though her mother's job was impressive and to be respected in her eyes. Something that she hoped to go into when she was older. "Kind of a loaded question. My families a big one - dad works in a museum and mom works at St. Mungo's." She had dropped the mommy, not wanting Sebastian to think that she was a child. "What about your parents?" Realizing that he might not want to talk about them, she added, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague

"If you'd like," Sebastian smiled, thinking back on his chess experience. "It's possible to win a game of chess in two moves, under certain conditions if they happen. I've managed the tactic once, though I admit my opponent at the time wasn't great at the game."

The boy listened as Dymphna spoke of her family, giving what he presumed was the abridged version to save some time. It was interesting to note the professions both her parents held, seeing how Dymphna had been sorted into Ravenclaw, and understanding the decision. It was also more interesting that her mother worked at St. Mungo's, which made Sebastian wonder if Dymphna had an understanding of healing methods.

Knowing someone who did would certainly be a boon.

"My parents are less complicated, really," Sebastian said, giving a shrug. "They're rich, Pure-blood elitists, who attempted to groom me to follow in their footsteps, expecting an obedient puppet. Instead, they got me, and they have no idea what I'm capable of. Father is an Auror, mother is a socialite, and together they waste time and attend high class functions and try to expand the family name in the Wizarding community... so, when it comes to my family, there is little love lost between us."

Sebastian didn't mind telling Dymphna, as he had already decided she would become a friend. He didn't mention his plans to depose his father, inherit the Leeds fortune, and become Department Head of the Auror branch at the Ministry, but there was still time - this was only the first meeting, after all. There had to be some mysteries to discover.

"Not that I care as much as my parents," Sebastian continued, grunting under his breath. "But are your family Pure-bloods? Half-bloods? Muggle-born? Oh, and I'm not sure if you realize, but you haven't told me your last name... unless that's intentional. Like a celebrity."

At this point, Sebastian was using dry humor. Dymphna probably wasn't aware, given how little they knew one another, but his attitude had shifted slightly with his acceptance of her as a more friendly type of acquaintance... which caused Sebastian to bring the conversation around to a previous point, namely whether Dymphna was focused on a certain path like one of her parents, or had her eyes on something else entirely.

"Out of curiosity, what spells do you want to learn?"

Sebastian Leeds

Dymphna was starting to feel like she wasn’t all that great at chess either. Can’t wait,” she mirrored his smile. “Chess is something I’d like to get better at so it’ll be interesting to see how it works.” And another way to see how Sebastian’s brain worked, all laid out in how he moved the chess pieces and planned his attack.

While the question of family occupations was a popular one, the blonde realized that it wasn’t something that her other friends knew. Other friends? She wondered but decided to unpack that later. Sebastian was still a mystery to her; it was probably too soon to call him a friend. They had only just met after all. Now that she thought about it, she didn’t think that she knew anything about her friends families - Sabrina being the exception as her dad worked at Hogwarts. It never seemed to come up.

When the Slytherin started to talk of his parents, Dymphna leaned a little more towards him in her curiosity. Less complicated was good. Elitist was not. It didn’t go hand in hand but it still seemed to be quite common. A shame that people couldn’t move on in this day and age. That’s sad, she wanted to say but refrained. It wouldn’t do any good and she didn’t want him to think that she pitied him.

“I’m sorry, they sound lovely.” A little sarcasm never hurt anyone. “You seem perfectly capable, in general. I’m sure you’ll do well in classes and anything else you put your mind to.” He didn’t seem to be too bothered by his parents lack of support but it worried Dymphna. “For what it’s worth, I support you through and through. You’d be a fine Ravenclaw if Slytherin weren’t so obviously perfect for you.”

She gave a laugh, hiding it behind her hand. “Nothing like that but could you imagine? The Teague’s as a famous family,” she gave a dismissive wave of her hand. “I didn’t realize I hadn’t given you my surname but it’s Teague. Mom was a Sloane before she married.” It was likely that he had heard of her family if his own had him study genealogy but Dymphna didn’t think that it was a normal subject to bring up over family dinners. Only in her family. “I’m a Pureblood but I’m not fussed.” Though she’d grown up reading a fair bit on Pureblood families, she was blanking on if his surname had been written in. Probably so.

At the mention of spells, she winced knowing that her answer was a painfully obvious one. “All of them,” a pause, “oh but I’d love to learn any protection spells. Defensive like Protego.” It couldn’t hurt to be too careful but so far she only seemed to know what she considered to be offensive ones and one that was on the sillier side. “Which spells are you looking forward to learning?” One could tell a lot about a person by what spells they favored.
Last edited by Dymphna Teague on 27th May 2018, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague

With a nod, Sebastian listened as Dymphna talked about being interested in chess. Perhaps there was somewhere the pair could indulge, and Sebastian could see a Ravenclaw in her element; they were all meant to be very intelligent, and while Sebastian couldn't say as much for others, Dymphna certainly was bright. It was part of why he hadn't walked away yet.

"I had preferred Ravenclaw, if I'm being honest," Sebastian said, smiling faintly at Dymphna's support. "Most of my family had joined Slytherin, so I guess I'm a product of their upbringing. Oh well. It shouldn't matter too much, I'm on a specific path for the future, and the House I'm in doesn't really factor in."

After an introduction to Dymphna's surname and family, Sebastian wondered if many others knew much about the Pure-blood families. There were sources around for learning, but in the more modern era it seemed to be less important. Likely due to most magic users being Half-bloods nowadays, interacting more so with the Muggle world...

"Dymphna Teague," Sebastian repeated, before he raised an eyebrow. "I won't forget."

When they began speaking about spells, Sebastian smirked at the obvious answer. Everyone wanted to learn them all, right? Still, he didn't doubt it could be possible for Dymphna, especially if the pair of them worked together. Perhaps spell study.

"One of the spells I will master will be Expelliarmus," The boy said, as he considered her question. "Disarming the opponent is the quickest way to victory. Another is Expecto Patronum. I'm curious to see what mine is, and how I can use it. Reducto is another, being able to destroy objects sounds helpful... like you, I want to learn everything."

"Would you be interested in some spell study?" Sebastian asked, inclining his head. "Perhaps not right now, but very soon? So far there's been a severe lack of individuals I would be comfortable studying with, I usually do so alone, but I think we could help one another."

Glancing over his shoulder, Sebastian noted the crowd had died down some. He considered if he should consider moving on, but felt somewhat comfortable - perhaps even enjoying - speaking with Dymphna. So he decided to stay for a while longer, quickly thinking of something else to ask...

"Your work with the newspaper," Sebastian said, silver-blue eyes squinted. "Have you ever come across any... curious events or stories? Missing students, or hidden passages, or generally anything more interesting than the daily school routine?"

Sebastian Leeds

The crowd had thinned out but Dymphna hadn't noticed. Her only plans were to read a chapter of Jane Eyre before heading to the Great Hall for dinner then homework and bed. It was a routine for her but one that she wasn't in any rush to get to. Sometimes she would break out of a routine to go exploring or stargaze in the Astronomy tower - something that she hadn't done since her last assignment in Herbology was returned with less than satisfactory marks.

"Stereotypes," the blonde scoffed. "Sometimes we fit then but it doesn't matter much in the end. My dad was in Hufflepuff and he's the smartest guy I know." Not that she knew many outside of her own family. "Specific path? What sort of plans do you have for the future?" It was a little surprising to know that someone else had an idea of what they might like to do in the future, like herself. "I might go into Healing like my mom but it depends if I'm good at it." The spells might not give her any issues but Herbology might be her downfall if she couldn't get a grip and turn her grades around.

"I doubt you will but it's alright if you do. My family tree is full of the more traditional names, some of them even I have trouble pronouncing." At least Sebastian had a more normal name so she wouldn't forget it. A lot of the Irish Pureblood families were likely related unless they branched out which her family hadn't done much of. Her ancestry was tied to her hometown since at least the 1180s.

"Oh, I can't wait until we learn about patronus'." It would be ages until then but she wanted to know what hers would be, what happy memory she would have to think of. "I'll be happy with anything but I'd rather not end up with say, a mole, for example. A little too boring for my tastes." Though she would have to be pretty boring to end up with a patronus like that. They were connected to one's personality, weren't they? "That would be wonderful. I held a study group once but it didn't go as well as I'd hoped." Friendships were made and some studying was done but it was a tense time between two of her friends. Distracting.

There had been something in the Daily Prophet but it wasn't something that the Ravenclaw remembered much about, so focused within The Monthly Raven that she had forgotten the article. "The Daily Prophet might expand on it but Bloom that writes our Hogwarts Happenings section mentioned a possible meeting between the Ministry and Hogwarts Staff a month or so ago. It's all rumors but it could be something interesting." Nothing had come about since so it wasn't something that worried her but she was curious. Was it normal for the Ministry to make an appearance at the school? "Has anyone been talking about it in Slytherin?" What did the other Houses have to say about it, if at all? Unfortunately, she hadn't been able to get her hands on any of their house newspapers.

☆ Dymphna Méabh Teague

"Indeed," Sebastian muttered, thinking about the Sorting Ceremony in general. And when Dymphna asked about his future plans, the boy shrugged. "Oh, I plan on becoming a Dark Lord, infiltrating the Ministery of Magic, posing as Head of the Auror Branch, and dismantling the Ministry from within to instill my own rule and Wizarding supremacy."

A moment passed, before Sebastian offered a thin smile for a moment.

"I jest," He said simply, face passive. "I do have plans to join and eventually lead the Aurors, however. Currently my father has the position. So that should prove interesting."

Sebastian continued to listen, noting that Dymphna didn't give her family name much credit. A Pure-blood family was important to the world of Wizarding, if only because of how long they existed. So even if the Teague family hadn't achieved much, they were still an old name that was connected to the first lines of wizards and witches. And that was something.

"I'm sure your patronus will be impressive," Sebastian said, offering a nod. "You seem very hard on yourself... perhaps reconsider that opinion."

Thinking on the mention of the Ministry meeting with the staff of Hogwarts, Sebastian began thinking back over more recent events, his mind flickering rapidly through endless conversations and conscious moments. The downside to remembering everything was the sheer amount of information that filled the memory, from every sense, which meant there was a lot to sort through for specifics - but after eleven years, Sebastian had developed his methods, even if they would continue to improve with experience and age.

"I don't seem to recall anything about the meeting itself," Sebastian said slowly, eyes narrowed as he thought. "But I did overhear that the Head of Hufflepuff had exited the office in a furious state, muttering about his children... whatever that means. Other than what you've just told me, I haven't really heard anything else reliable. If I hear anything, I'll be sure to tell you."

Sebastian glanced down to his left wrist, checking the watch beneath his long sleeve. Time had certainly gotten away from him, and he realized he would likely be late to his next engagement. But, in this instance, the boy was content to be a few minutes late in favor of finishing the conversation with Dymphna.

"Oh, I just remembered," Sebastian said, one eyebrow raised. "Do you know what happens during the break? Are students able to remain at Hogwarts for the duration? I have no particular need to return home, and would rather continue personal study in preparation for next semester."

Sebastian Leeds
  Back