Corridors

Register
Sign in

Girl Talk  PV Bloom   Closed 

It would appear innocent enough, a pair of girls wandering down the corridors of this prodigious institution of arcane learning. Erin stood tall as she, they exited the Great Hall. While not very eye was on them, she had made enough of a fracas that they would be seen by most. That was of course the intent, to feed into the house divisions that defined them. Her a Slytherin, her ambition seen as something to dread. The Ravenclaw, a potential brilliant mind and obviously her victim, an overly trusting young woman in need of protection. Perhaps from a brave Griffindor. No, not for as long as her approach and poise appears genteel. Their sense of justice blinds their instinct. 

"Making deals with Marcus..." She commented as they rounded the corner and made their way down the hall. "You have the dauntless determination of a Griffindor," she shook her head and let out a charming laugh. It was manufactured, like almost everything about this encounter. She had to seek a reason to talk, something to say. She lacked practical experience in terms of social interactions but she more than made up for that with her uncanny understanding of the human psyche.

She had three directions she could go:

First, she could warn her about Marcus. Tell her the truth about the jinx. Feed her enough information to get Marcus back. This would of course break her contract with the Slytherin House. She was not going to do that.

Second, she could tell her that she just wanted to say she was impressed by her. How she kept it together. How she envied Bloom. Maybe. People liked to hear that sort of thing.

Third, she could lie. That was always her intention. To sew these falsehoods. To spur Marcus' paranoia. He was consolidating too much power too quickly. He already had so much, she found herself jealous of his inherent or perhaps learned skill. He always seemed to be in the right place at the right time... It was frustrating. 

They had gone far enough.

"So... are you -like-"  dear god she was going to partake in 'girl talk' wasn't she? "Into Marcus," she would wash out her mouth with soap after. "I mean, he went through a lot of trouble to spend all that time with you," was that reflux. She hoped it was, that bitter bile taste in the back of her tongue that burned her throat. "Ten... eleven favors?" She let out a laugh. Yeah, they were going to spend a lot of time together but it was unlikely a romantic connection but it would alter her perception for future encounters. He was likely going to use her as a house spy, he was not going to wast his time having her do his homework. His pride would never allow it anyways. A dare? Oh please, but to be fair she did not expect him to be as juvenile as to cast a hair-loss jinx in the Great Hall either so perhaps she overestimated him. "You are going to be spending soooo much time with Marcus." She raised her brows as she said that. 

She would stop walking and look behind her to see if she, they had been followed. She hoped that they were. She was saying Marcus' name on purpose so that if they were overheard in part that what she had to say would be sent back to the Slytherin prince. 

Just a trick of the lighting they said...

Bloom looked back at the other Ravenclaw's. Was she making the right choice to leave with a Slytherin? But it seemed as though the girl had some really important information to tell her in private. Still, was she being smart about her decision?

As they both made their own out of the room and down the hall to the corridor, Bloom felt her heart race when the Slytherin laughed at the fact that she made a deal with Marcus. "Well I don't know what the jinx is exactly and I don't have a cure. He said that he knew it," she said, giving an explanation for her actions. But was her explanation even logical. Bloom sighed to herself now realizing how much of a stupid move she made.

Bloom blushed at her words. "What?" she said with shock. "Marcus is a Slytherin, I wouldn't go near-" she then paused realizing that she just went in private with another Slytherin. A Slytherin who seemed to be very kind thus far. "I mean, he's cute but-" Bloom paused, wondering what was coming out of her mouth.

Her brown eyes looked down to the ground. She was going to spend a whole lot of time with him. It scared Bloom to think about the fact that she would have no idea what types of favors he would be asking of her. In addition, there could be a spark happening and she didn't find herself ready for a relationship as she was only eleven-years-old.

"What kind of favors do you think Marcus will do?" she asked, nervous for the Slytherin's answer. Her mind began racing about the amount of favors she owed Marcus. Did he like her? Bloom wondered that if it were true, why he would ever like a Ravenclaw in the first place? There were so many questions that she had no idea what to think and the only person who seemed to have answers was the Slytherin girl standing with her now.

Stats --> STR: 5 | AGI: 9 | CON: 10 | STA: 11

It was pretty obvious to her that Bloom was going to be his personal Ravenclaw spy. Of course that was not what she was going to tell her, what was the fun of that? Well, the right question rather would be what was in it for her?  Right now her gain was whatever Marcus lost, an indirect boon indeed but she considered him a dangerous, unchecked rival who was quickly consolidating power and resources and it made her anxious, agitated even. Yes, a part of it was her inherent jealousy but there was also a simpler, more primal part of her that understood that to be successful and safe she needed to be the most powerful, have the most resources and be better prepared than her contemporaries. 

She of course had her ways. 

By deviating her view of him, she can taint the information she shares and he receives. in addition, when he breaks her heart (and he will), then she gets a new toy. She does not care too greatly if it was lightly used. Marcus had done nothing to indicate he had any sentiments towards the Ravenclaw, in fact she was quite certain that he had no interest in any woman at this present time. Still she could fabricate the illusion of such. A bit of wistful thinking -- he was tall, from a powerful family, a proficient student and socially popular despite his obvious hubris and placement in the Slytherin house.

"Marcus is a Slytherin, I wouldn't go near-"

She would stumble over her words causing Erin to raise her brows as she made her first comment. "Go near what...?" She already knew the answer, she was just trying to make her uncomfortable, keep the poor bald girl off her game. "Such an awesome house, I know," she smiled knowingly. She was not mad, honestly she did not care about the other houses opinions of Slytherin, she saw it as envy and fear. In both those things they were not wrong.

"I mean, he's cute but-"

"Oh my gawd, he is like super-hot," she played it up  bit. She was pushing Bloom in Marcus' direction for now. Having it be purely business worked against her. Once she saw Marcus for who or what he was, sans expectations there would not be great losses if any loss at all. With a romantic aspiration, ambition or even consideration and a future broken heart be it a week or a month from now, the consequences would be dire. There was nothing like a woman scorned. "You're like sooo lucky!" She was doing this right she hoped. It felt right.

"What kind of favors do you think Marcus will do?"

That question had so much potential if she played it right. She had to keep a straight face of course, that would be the most arduous of her tasks. She would bit her lower lip, the fleshy bit clenched between her teeth more a protracted moment. "Oh, he is a boy. So..." she shrugged. "You know, stuff." She was letting Bloom's imagination go wild, that was always the most devastating option. She would smile mischievously. "I am like waaaay to young to guess," she would let out a nervous laugh that was manufactured of course. "But I am sure that he has had a few girlfriends already." She had already planted the seed of a potential romantic connection, now she would plant a seed of uncertainty or perhaps reckless and unrealistic jealousy. "I have no idea how you are going to be able to handle all of this. Like wooow."

Talking young is *like* super hard.

Bloom felt bad that Erin had figured out what she was going to say. She was unable to hold her tongue and to say that she would never be near a Slytherin was a mistake. It truly did seem like Erin was there to help her and she shouldn't treat her by her house.

"Sorry," she said, and then immediately gave the Slytherin a small smile. Erin mentioned that Slytherin house was awesome and Bloom couldn't help but to laugh. "Keep telling yourself that!" she joked.

Bloom blushed when Erin mentioned how hot Marcus was. She never thought about a ranking of attractiveness he could be. She thought him cute but nothing more. But maybe... Just maybe Erin was right? Bloom took her right hand and touched her head. She could feel a soft spot of her head that was completely clear of hair. Who would like a bald person anyway? she thought to herself. She took her hand away from her head and immediately, bits more hair fell down to the floor. She felt hideous.

"It doesn't matter how he looks... I look hideous. That's not luck at all. He probably feels sorry for me because I panicked in there," Bloom felt like she wanted to cry. She loved her hair and now it was scattered on the floor in the Great Hall and the corridor.

Her eyes were about to fill with water when Erin hinted at the type of favors that Marcus may do. Bloom's overactive imagination began to think of favors that boys might do to girls. Would he really do that? she thought. Her mind raced on and on with different ideas of what the favors could be and she couldn't help but to feel as though she had a slight fever.

"He wouldn't do that... Would he?" she asked, her mind still racing. A few girlfriends already? Bloom felt extremely nervous. She's never been around boys- at least not in that way. Granted, she's heard from other girls about different things, but never has she done or seen anything. Bloom placed herself in such a conundrum. She owed a Slytherin boy eleven favors and Erin strongly believed that he was going to use them for sexual favors. Although Bloom was very nervous, there was an undertone part of her that was ultimately curious.

"How do you know so much about him?" she asked, wondering how Erin was able to know a lot of information about him. Especially the fact that Erin had asked to speak with Bloom privately. There had to be more about Marcus than she was leading on.

She was quite an effective manipulator despite her youth she did not lack in experience. She had been doing this since she was quite young. It was why she unsettled her parents also. It was a tendency they saw in her from her earliest of days. The fascination she had with other people, her want to toy with them and this anger she or rather those around her would suffer. She was not good at controlling it, her parents saw to that be it intentional or otherwise.

She knew how to put on a pleasant face and she did such. 

"It doesn't matter how he looks... I look hideous. That's not luck at all. He probably feels sorry for me because I panicked in there,"

"You do look pretty awful, but he has the cure for it remember!" THAT is only temporary. "And at least your head is all round'ish... imagine if your head was all uneven and lumpy. I mean did you see that one Hufflepuff, their noggin looked like a golfball." There were a number of students with unfortunately shaped heads, something Marcus revealed.

"He wouldn't do that... Would he?"

"He's a boy..." She pushed. "What else would he want?" Of course this was unlikely his desire, more than likely he was going to fish for information about the other students, their family secrets, ambitions and skills. Love was rarely foremost on the Slytherin's mind unless it assisted them in some manner to gain more power. "I doubt he thought it through that much," she assured Bloom. "More looking for an excuse than anything else. Like picking a different hall to walk down because you know your crush takes a class there," she reasoned with a single finger in the air in a thoughtful manner. She was getting into this lie it would seem. "Just don't let him get too creepy if he gets ambitious, boys can be pervs."

There was as much of a chance of him asking for something like a kiss (or more) as there was of her becoming a Hufflepuff. So none. But that was the point, altering her perception to alter the information she gives. What she believes he wants. Maybe it will even scare her off. Quickest way to run a guy off she heard was to go wedding dress shopping on the second date. She did not feel it would be much different for women.

"How do you know so much about him?"

She smiled. "Because we are in the same house silly!" She actually actively avoided him. Since their altercation she did not feel welcome despite his statements otherwise. Did she had a thing for him, probably but she was too busy considering him a rival than a romantic interest. "Everyone in our house is super close. He was totally staring at you during breakfast, I stole his bacon." She lied, adding details to substantiate her lie. Details made things seem more believable. "He never noticed," she added with a mischievous grin. 

She did not want to make up too much information. So she would stick with vague facts that if Marcus was asked about them he could deny but it would work against him if he did. "He was super upset when that Ravenclaw girl cast that jinx," she frowned. Yes, she was sticking to that story. "He did not care one bit that she tossed me all over the room," that [bleep] "but as soon as you got upset over your hair... what happened?" She was not even lying here, that was the best part. "He offered to cure you for a favor. Instead of asking everyone for a favor of their own... something he could have done he let you take on the full burden. He wanted to spend time with you," she concluded. It was better to get them all from the same person if he was looking for a long-term spy, so he made the right choice assuming nobody poisoned the well. She was definitely pouring something into the water supply.  She was assuring her of course while at the same time painting a picture of his intentions that would be grossly incongruant with his actual plan. 

(It's funny how Erin is 100% wrong in her reasoning and assumptions i mean she already got the spy part wrong i have had a ravenclaw spy for a while now if you must know :P )

Marcus exited the entrance hall from the dungeon, heading through the corridors thinking of how to improve on his agenda, he then notices Erin and the girl who owes him favors speaking and decides to eavedrop from the shadows after a few minutes of doing so he shakes his head with a soft chuckle 'Man, Erin seems to have an agenda if she is planting the idea of a crush, might as well put a stop to this..' he thought then revealed himself with a rather loud cough to get their attention "Oh sorry excuse me it seemed you were on such a role of lies that i had to say something though gotta admit it was amusing to listen too" he said "One: Do not listen to Erin, the girl lied throughout your conversation, our house is not close and -we- are currently not close. Two: The reason i gave you the option of taking everyone's favors onto yourself was to make you seem like the hero to your house, no crushes involved. Three: Everyone in Slytherin has an agenda, Erin was just attempt to plants those seeds of doubt and such for her own agenda, I myself if i am being honestly just want some inter-house respect" he added tapping his chin in thought as he pondered what else "Oh right here" he handed Smooth a small vial "First batch done, one drop needed, that vial has about ten drops, now to get the rest." He said moving to leave

<Attempting to exit thread, will respond if stopped>

THE FUTURE LORD SLYTHERIN!
Haters gonna Hate, that is all I should say..People are just naturally jealous of Greatness. - Marcus

OC: Oh I have a plan dude. You'll love it. =o Not that you ever chat with me any more! Letting you exit without incident.
Last edited by Erin Ryan on 16th February 2018, 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

(I'm not holding back from chatting you up Eri-chan, its just you haven't been talking to me lol :P )

Haters gonna Hate, that is all I should say..People are just naturally jealous of Greatness. - Marcus

OC: Throne of lies!

Also, did you know that Eri means collar in Japanese. You just called me collar chan!

(Well whatever floats your boat or flies your broom or..drives your car?)

Bloom's eyes begin to widen. More and more it seemed that perhaps Erin was telling the truth about everything. She stayed quiet and recalculated everything in her mind. He did seem to want to help her other than the other Ravenclaw's. He had to have a crush on her. That is the only possible reason.

"Do you really think he wants to spend time with me? Erin, I'm a bald Ravenclaw who doesn't know anything...," Bloom felt defeated at the fact that the one time that maybe someone could like her she looked like a mess. "Also...," she started and lowered her voice. "I've never been with any boy before," she said.

Hearing a laugh that came from around the corner, she looked behind her and saw that it was Marcus de Wynter. Bloom blushed. How much did he hear? she couldn't bear him knowing that she thought he was cute and was never with a boy before.

She listened to his words and looked at Erin with shock. Has she really been lying to me this whole time? she asked to herself. When Marcus was finished, she didn't know what to believe anymore. Who was telling the truth? Erin or Marcus? How could she find out who was telling the truth? She needed to have some sort of resolution to these two liars.

Marcus had a vial in his hands. She reached out and grabbed the vial. He mentioned that there was only ten drops.

"When am I going to get the other cure?" she asked him. I'll give these to the other Ravenclaw's and wait for my own, she planned. But she did not want to be the only Ravenclaw with a bald head. Bloom had already spoken to Erin about why Marcus may have given her the cure, but she wanted to hear his answer.

"Why did you offer only me the cure? There were plenty of other Ravenclaw's to offer the cure to," she questioned Marcus, ignoring Erin's presence for the time being. She was unsure if Erin was lying as it could be Marcus lying, but right now was not the time to talk to her with Marcus around. "Also, there are different ways to gain respect," she added.

She then wondered about the crush part. After talking to Erin, it did seem to slowly sink into her mind about Marcus. But how could she question him about it. Was it that she just wasn't pretty enough for him? She began to doubt herself slowly.

"Do you really think he wants to spend time with me? Erin, I'm a bald Ravenclaw who doesn't know anything...,"

"Oh don't worry about that," she consoled. "Remember: potion," she put her hands on top of her own head. "Hair --" she made a blowing sound as she lifted her hands off of her had to indicate hair growth.

"Also..."

She seemed serious. Oh God why did she seem serious!

"I've never been with any boy before,"

She confided. Erin had never been with a boy either, they were gross. Full of cooties. Eventually she would like boys, everyone told her that she would but she hoped that they were not serious. Boy cooties... Ewww... 

Then there was inopportune cough shortly after the poor girl's admission. How cruel, Marcus was here.

"Oh sorry excuse me it seemed you were on such a role of lies that i had to say something though gotta admit it was amusing to listen too" 

Oh gosh darn... she was discovered. Oh shucks. She would raise her thin, indigo brow as the heir made his presence known. She wondered how long he had been there, she hoped it was long enough. "Eeep!" She feigned surprise and tried to avoid laughing.

"One: Do not listen to Erin, the girl lied throughout your conversation, our house is not close and -we- are currently not close. Two: The reason I gave you the option of taking everyone's favors onto yourself was to make you seem like the hero to your house, no crushes involved. Three: Everyone in Slytherin has an agenda, Erin was just attempt to plants those seeds of doubt and such for her own agenda, I myself if I am being honestly just want some inter-house respect"

He lied. No wait, he told the truth. How did that happen? What timey wimey, tipsy topsy world did they live in? Wait, she wanted him to call her on her shenanigans. "What?" She replied with big grey eyes. "We're not friends," her eyes even watered but it was not because she was a great actress near tears but because it was hard to quell the laughter that was bubbling up inside of her. "That is super mean!" She frowned but she did not look particularly sad. She did not have that much control over her expressions but she did not need to. She could turn it around. "But fiiiine" she exhaled and slumped against the wall taking an overly dramatic pose of defeat. "You are not into anyone. You just--" she waved her hand in the air. "Helped someone at random." She shook her head and looked over at Bloom and mouthed --woooow. So Sorry! Boys can be so mean. Geesh!

"Oh right here" 

Marcus handed Bloom something, a vial. 

"First batch done, one drop needed, that vial has about ten drops, now to get the rest." 

"Super quick with that remedy!" She applauded, of course she was not actually giving accolades but rather pointing out the fact that they had only left the room minutes earlier and with 'impressive haste' he manufactured a cure for something that he was unprepared to create. "You are super-amazing," she smiled. Yes, she was messing with him. She could cover for him but what would she get out of it. 

"When am I going to get the other cure?"

Bloom would of course ask. Obviously Marcus should be able to produce more post-haste. Maybe he just happened to keep hair growth potions in his bag for this very random occasion along with a tonic to repair skin color changes and the manifestation of juvenile kyphosis. You know things he might need on the average Wednesday.