Corridors

Register
Sign in

Young Love  PV Ami Procoppio   Closed 

Reyna walked out of the classroom. Her mind was still processing everything new that she had learned, planning on what to do further research on. She had been trying to become the best in her class for a while now, prioritising school over everything. Because of this she hadn't made a lot of friends so far in the year. She was always hidden somewhere in the library or the Ravenclaw common room, reading and studying, trying to understand the still unfamiliar wizarding world.
She walked down the corridor lost in thoughts, holding her books tightly against her chest.  Her eyes were fixated on the floor, as she planned where to go next. She definetily had to catch up on history of magic. This subject fascinated her, since it seemed so much more interesting than normal muggle history. Who did honestly care about things like the American Revolution when you could learn about goblin rebellions or real witch hunts?
Maybe the library would be empty, since most students usually spent their afternoons at the grounds or in their respective common rooms. Reyna found the library to be one of the best places at Hogwarts, with all the amazingly interesting books and the blissful silence she so rarely enountered around the castle. Reyna's absentminded state prevented her from noticing the girl infront of her until it was too late.
-Ah!- Reyna exclaimed as their bodies collided. She saw herself being pushed back by the force of the crash. Her books and notes scattered all over the place. She sat on the floor, a startled look on her face. Her shoulder hurt. Her quill was laying next to the other girl's feet, who she hadn't even looked at yet. Thankfully Reyna had held on to her ink, otherwise this would have been a much bigger disaster.

Stamina: 5 Agility: 6 Strength: 3 Control: 6
ArcPower: 5 Accuracy: 5

Ami drifted out of her dormitory, dazed and only half-awake. Tying her hair back haphazardly, she dragged her feet as she tried to remember exactly where it was she was trying to go. Great Hall... Breakfast... right. Ami blinked, glancing at her watch to gauge exactly how much time she had to eat before rushing off to her first class of the day. No, hang on a minute... not breakfast- she was late to class! Again! She picked up her pace, and hurried down the hallway- damn, why could she never get it right? Corridors, corridors, corridors. Freaking remember, already.

Rounding the corner, she threw herself down the corridor at top speed, hurtling like a cannonball shot from a cannon... into another girl, slamming into her shoulder. "Oh, fricking-!" Ami yelped in horror, as the girl in front of her fell to the ground. "Gosh, I'm so, so sorry!" She dropped her bag, and immediately bent down to help the girl pick up her dropped things. "Are you okay?" Ami asked, worried, and touched the girl's shoulder lightly where she ran into her. Turning away, she gathered all of the Ravenclaw's school things, and shifting them in her arms into a shape resembling a somewhat-neat pile, offered them to her fellow classmate. "God, I am such a klutz," she groaned, rolling her eyes. "Sorry."

esse quam videri
STA: 2 | AGI: 4 | STR: 7 | CTL: 6 | ArcP: 4 | ACC: 7

- Gosh, I'm so, so sorry! - The girl said as she frantically started to gather all the books and papers on the floor. Reyna found herself at a loss of words, which had never happened to her before. She sat there, eyes open wide, looking at the gorgeous girl infront of her. She had never seen her before, Reyna was certain of that. She would never have forgotten someone like her.
-Are you okay?- The girl talked again. Reyna opened her mouth slightly, to let out some kind of witty comment, but closed it again immediately. She had no idea what to say to the messy-haired hufflepuff. Am I okay?, Reyna wondered. Her shoulder hurt from the crash, but it wasn't that bad. She felt a bit lightheaded, and what was that weird nervous feeling in her stomach? Reyna noticed her heart was beating faster than usual too. Strange, quite strange. Maybe she should go talk to the school nurse?
The girl touched Reyna's shoulder, and she felt herself blush. She quickly lowered her head, not wanting the girl to see the redness on her face. She turned away, letting go of Reyna, who found herself sheepishly putting her hand where the hufflepuff had held it only a few seconds ago. The girl offered Reyna her school things. She felt disoriented and looked into the girl's dark eyes, unsure of what to do.
- God, I am such a klutz-. The girl rolled her eyes, which seemed like an unusually charming gesture to Reyna, who couldn't help but smile to herself.
- Sorry - Reyna looked down at the floor, and back to the girl. The hufflepuff's presence made Reyna feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. A few moments of silence passed, and Reyna realised that she was supposed to say something. She slowly and clumsily got up from the floor, and took her things out of the girl's arms. She was taller than Reyna, which came as a surprise to her.
- Ehm... - Reyna said, looking into the girl's eyes - thanks! I'm... uh ... fine. My name is... uhm... I'm Reyna -. The shrill sound of her voice surprised her as she stumbled over her words. She looked down at the floor, realising she had been starring at the girl.

"Reyna," Ami repeated satisfactorily, and grasped Reyna's wrist in a c-grip, hauling her up to her feet. The slim Ravenclaw seemed a little flushed and jittery, although Ami decided it was most likely due to her bowling Reyna over just moments earlier. Whoops. Being run over tended to do that to some people. She'd have to make a mental note to be far more careful in the future- and possibly invest in an alarm clock. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Sorry 'bout the mess." 

Here, Ami tousled her hair sheepishly, a wide grin spreading across her face. "I swear, on most days I'm usually more put together than this, but..." she laughed, dropping her hands to her sides, now fiddling with the hem of her robe sleeves. "Well, circumstances change. I'm sorry, did I make you late to class? Frick. I swear, I'm a better person than this!" Ami said, embarrassed, in self-defense. "Here, I'll walk you to your next class, how 'bout that?"

To her mild amusement, Reyna reminded Ami of a small doll- a thin frame, gorgeously elegant hands, an open, friendly face framed with brown hair just brushing the tops of her shoulders. Checking to make sure Reyna was following her, Ami set off down the corridors to Reyna's next class, wherever it may be.
Last edited by Ami Procoppio on 23rd May 2018, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

esse quam videri

"Reyna" had never sounded as beautiful as when the girl had said it with her sweet and slightly cheery voice. Reyna's heart seemed to want to jump out of her chest and the nervous feeling in her stomach had become stronger, yet she wasn't feeling sick, not at all. The girl apologised to her again, without introducing herself. Reyna wondered what her name was. Would it be as beautiful and intriguing as her appearance? Where was the girl from? How had Reyna never noticed her before?
Reyna was so lost in her thoughts that she completely overheard what the hufflepuff was saying. She had just been starring at her , and couldn't help but smile when the girl had giggled. She surely apologised a lot, which Reyna usually woud have found annoying. What was the point of saying sorry over and over again? The sentiment was clear, so repeating it was just a waste of time. But with the girl it was different. It sounded so much more sincere than with others, as if she really meant every single "sorry" she said.
Class. Reyna had completely forgotten about class. Crap. How long had she been standing there, talking with the girl? She had lost all sense of time. Her common sense was telling her to run off right now, leaving the girl behind. She would probably have been able to find her later again anyways. But Reyna didn't want to leave. She found the girl's presence so much more pleasant and interesting than others. She felt the need to saviour every opportunity she got to talk with her. For the first time in her life she was thinking about prioritising something else than school.
-Here, I'll walk you to your next class, how 'bout that?- the hufflepuff said to Reyna's relief. She walked off and Reyna quickly followed her, without second thoughts. Her legs felt wobbly but soon she was walking at the same pace as the girl.
- Hmm... I have charms class... - Reyna mumbled, looking to the floor. Her mind filled with curious questions about the girl. Was she a first year too? Where was her family from? Did she have similar interests to Reyna? What did she think of Reyna? She passed her hand through her hair as that thought occurred to her. She must have made a horrible first impression! Reyna straightened her pose walking more securily. She cleared her throat and spoke with a louder, more self-assured voice.
- You haven't told me your name yet.- she glanced at the hufflepuff - I'm usually not this all over the place. I'm not really feeling well... -.
Reyna looked away. It came to her mind that the girl might think that she was blaming her, or rather the crash she had caused. Reyna didn't want the her to think that at all!
- Not to say that it's because of the crash! It's just a bad day... Health-wise! Not because of you! No, you made the day a little better! Actually, a lo- quite better! - she hastily corrected herself. A nervous giggle following the mess she had just said. Damn, was this what it felt like to be socially inept?

"Charms. Love the teacher, hate the subject," Ami said in a confidential tone, slowing down her pace considerably so that Reyna could keep up with her (curse these long legs). Ami blanched as Reyna admitted to not feeling well, and made some sympathetic noises that she hoped were appropriate for the situation. Her cheery disposition only came from being still half-asleep and not quite fully aware of her surroundings (as evident earlier), and she tended to be blunter than usual, as well. "Are you sure you don't need to see the Matron?" she asked, concerned. Her eyebrows knit together, and she froze, gently grabbing Reyna by the shoulders. "If you're not feeling well, you should be in bed," she said firmly. "Professor Blackburn doesn't need you getting sick all over his classroom."

Realizing with a start that Reyna had also asked her name, she said quickly, dropping her hands from Reyna's body, "Er- Ami, by the way. I mean, that's my name- I'm Ami." Her sharp, crackling American accent didn't make her name sound as pretty as when her mother said it, but it would have to do. It wasn't anywhere close to Reyna, but yes, it would have to do.

esse quam videri

- Ami...- Reyna whispered to herself, looking at the girl's pretty face. A few seconds of silence passed as she realised that the hufflepuff had probably heard her.
- Uh... Nice to meet you, Ami- she said, louder now. Reyna feared that the conversation would instantly die out once she stopped talking so, without giving Ami enough time to answer anything, she continued speaking.
- I personally really like charms. It has the movie-like kind of magic, you know? The kind that appears in fairy tales. Plus, it is way simpler than transfiguration so I have to put less effort into it while still being good at it. Not that I don't put effort into it, of course. I put effort into all of my studies. What I mean is simply that the subject is easier. Not that I don't like a challenge, not at all, I love challenges, but I also prefer not to work that hard and take things more calmly, you know? - she was speaking faster and faster, barely taking time to breathe. She started thinking that she was probably overwhelming Ami. Most of the things Reyna was saying were pure non-sense anyways. Man, I must be giving a horrible first impression. She laughed awkwardly.
-Haha... I'm sorry, oh god... eh... what's your favourite subject? - she felt like punching herself in the face. She could hear her heartbeat resonating in her head as she tried to keep up with Ami's pace.

A smile lit up on Ami's face as Reyna repeated her name. So she liked it! That was good, she seemed to be feeling a little better. Draping her arm around Reyna's shoulders as a friendly gesture, the pair walked together down the corridors towards the direction of the Charms class, Ami still walking slow so Reyna didn't have to jog in order to keep up.

Ami listened with a small smile as Reyna tried to explain just why she liked Charms, evidently giving up in the end. A for effort, though, because trying to explain why you liked a subject was certainly a chore. She agreed with Reyna internally, though, about the movie-like magic part. Reyna eventually wound down, however, and asked what Ami's favorite subject was. 

Surprised, Ami's eyebrows shot up, and she laughed slightly. "Um... wow, hard one. History of Magic, probably. History, it's fascinating to me..." Waving a hand, however, she repeated her question that she'd asked earlier. "Are you sure you don't need to see the nurse?" She was still concerned about the bad tumble she had forced Reyna to take, and Reyna had also complained of feeling ill, which certainly wasn't a good sign. She would feel eternally horrible if Reyna continued to experience discomfort because of her, she wanted to make sure the girl was alright.

esse quam videri