Corridors

Register
Sign in

Exploration and Friendship  PV   Closed 

Howie walked down the abandoned corridor tracing his fingers along the stone walls. They felt ancient but strong. The whole castle seemed to radiate with magic, a feeling Howie was still trying to acclimate to. Being muggleborn, he had never experienced anything like it before. He would get lost for hours walking down the corridor, talking to the portraits and watching them interact with each other. They were all certainly interesting characters.
  He was brand new to Hogwarts, only having arrived a few days before. His classes would start soon, but until then he was spending his time exploring the castle and the grounds below. 
  He was sorted into House Hufflepuff, and had received a warm welcome there, but he had yet to connect to anyone that he could really call friend. Howie wasn’t the sort to have a large group of friends, typically shy and reserved. During his muggle schooling he had made a couple close friends, and he desperately missed that companionship. He knew it took time, but it was becoming very lonely.
  Howie continued down the corridor, lost in his thoughts, when all of the sudden it felt as if a bucket of ice had just been thrown into him. He gasped at the sensation, it felt as if it had passed right through him. Looking down at his chest he saw the ethereal shape of one of the school ghosts. It looked back at him as it passed. “Sorry about that kiddo” it called to Howie as it floated away. Intrigued, Howie ran after it, curious about what a ghost might be up to. Rounding a corner he almost ran directly into a young witch. He skidded to a halt. “Oh my gosh! Sorry about that!” She was much shorter than him. He looked down at her, blushing slightly.
Last edited by Arceus Powers on 11th May 2018, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stamina: 10 Agility: 7 Stength: 8 Control: 10

Eri was walking down the corridors just for fun. She had free time so she just walked to see where she could go. 

The castle was a fascinating thing. It seemed everywhere she went she could talk to the pictures. Being a pure blood the moving pictures didn't exactly shock her. Every now and then she would have conversations with them.

Also every now and then Eri would see ghosts. They were interesting to talk to. Some talked about their past life, some about her life, and some about random things.

The brunette was currently walking down a corridor, when she heard a voice say something. Intrigued she walked a bit faster to find who was speaking. Seeing a ghost fly past her she sighed. Wasn't that interesting after all.

As soon as Eri thought nobody else was there she headed for the corner. Then a boy about ran straight into her. She guessed he might have been following the ghost. 

Eri looked up at the boy who was a lot taller than she was. "It's fine. Please watch where you're going." She said. This wasn't the first time someone almost ran into her around the corner. The first time the boy actually ran into her.

Eri slightly frowned but put on a small smile.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Howie looked down into her bright green eyes. They would have seemed nice, if she wasn’t currently giving him a scowl. He couldn’t really blame her, having just about knocked her to the ground. “Smooth move you donk!” He thought to himself. Howie was always a bit awkward and had a knack for clumsiness. A small victory though, he hadn’t broken anything!
  He took a step back and gave her a bashful smile, taking a brief moment to look her over, noticing a golden locket around her neck. It seemed to have some kind of tree engraved on the front of it. He was happy to see her frown had turned to a smile, even if it might have been a little forced.
  “It’s fine. Please watch where you’re going.” She said as she looked up to him. He blushed a bit further. “I’m sorry, you’re right I wasn’t paying any attention.” He responded. Howie stepped aside to let her pass. Pausing for a moment he decided to be a bit more bold than he normally would. He had gotten completely lost in the corridors, and needed help getting out. She seemed like she knew exactly what she was doing. 
  “Hey! Wait just a moment. I’m really lost, could you help me find my through these corridors?”

Eri silently observed him. She looked down to the ground to think. Her face went back to a look of concentration. Before he had accidentally almost run her over, she was deep in thought and very content on walking aimlessly through the halls. 

The brunette nodded and looked back up at him. "Sometimes being distracted is a good thing, sometimes it isn't. Finding the fine line between the good time and the bad time is a good skill to have." Eri said with a light tone, like she was distracted and not entirely there. Although it was a good skill to have, she seemed distracted sometimes when it wasn't good.

Eri watched him step back her emerald green eyes glittering in the lighting of the corridor. She was about walk off when he asked her a question."I could show you to a destination. I'm just walking wherever I feel like right now. Do you have a specific destination you would like to go to?" She looked up at him again wondering how he got lost. Probably distracted like she was.

Eri wiped a stray strand of hair from her face and looked at him still stinking. She knew the castle pretty well.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Howie was happy that she stopped and turned back to face him, maybe he would make it out of these halls after all. He reached up to his face and brushed his hair back, tucking it behind his ears, a habit he had had for a long time now. 
  He listened to her as she went on to explain how being distracted has a time and a place, and how it can be good and also bad. Howie was always a daydreamer, so he knew plenty about being distracted, often times when he shouldn’t be. 
  She was speaking in a bit of a far away voice, as if she was still lost in thought. He didn’t mind so much, he was happy to have some company for a change. 
  Howie looked down the long corridor, the light flickering here and there, watching the shadows bounce around. Looking back down at her he saw the same light shining in her emerald eyes. She asked about where he wanted to go, and honestly he didn’t know the answer. “I dunno really.” He mumbled softly. “I just came up here from my Common Room and got turned around. Do you mind if I walk with you? Oh! I’m Howie by the way!” He reached out his hand.

Eri shook his hand. " Eri Windstone at your service."  She smiled and turned towards the walls. Smiling she started walking. "This way. How are you enjoying school? What are your favorite subjects? Are you enjoying magic?" She asked curiously as they kept walking. She wanted to show him around, but she had no clue what to say. So she walked not talking to him. Eri looked at the pictures and saw them talking to each other. "So where do you want to go? Direction wise. East, west, Or anywhere? It is a big castle. We could walk forever if we must." She mused. They really could walk for a long time if they so wished to. It would be a long walk if he didn't know where he wanted to go. It didn't matter to her she was just leading him to where he wanted to go, but if he didn't know where he wanted to go how was she supposed to lead him?

Smiling Eri continued to walk down the hall. Maybe he wanted to talk and explore, which is fine by her, but is it fine with him? Yeah she assumed that is what he wanted.

“Nice to meet you Eri.” Said Howie, looking down into her bright green eyes. He released her hand and followed beside her as she lead them away from the spot where they had almost crashed into each other. 

“Hogwarts is brilliant! I never could have imagined that I would end up some place like this. I’m muggleborn, ya see, so this is all brand new to me. Always knew there was something a bit different with me, but I never would have guessed it was this. Classes are going well so far. I’m doing best in Charms and Transfiguration, but I’ve really enjoyed Herbology. Reminds me of working in our garden back home, and History of Magic is great too, most seem to hate it, but it’s all interesting to me.” He shrugged, it made sense that those from magical families were bored with the subject, but he found it quite fascinating. “What about you? You enjoying it here so far?”

“Oh, and We can go anywhere really. I wasn’t going anywhere specific in the first place. Got any favorite spots?” He answered to her question of where to go. His eyes darted in all directions while they walked, trying to see everything the castle had to offer.