Corridors

Register
Sign in

Long Lost Twins  pv w/ Moores   Closed 

Aurelia's day was extremely tiresome. Her potionology lesson didn't go as planned. She had added a drop to much of something and almost poisoned a boy that foolishly attempted to drink it. The Charms lesson wasn't a success either, she almost killed someone when using the wingadium leviosa spell. She was stubborn and experimented the spell on a heavy textbook rather than a light feather. The spell was accidentally cut of when the book was in mid air due to her directed attention. It had dropped on a student's head, lucky for her, the damage wasn't severe. Her footsteps were heavy as she walked. The brunette just wanted to head upstairs to her dorm and throw herself on the comfy bed. She could hear it calling for her.

As she navigated through the maze of fall, she saw a girl with a head of fiery hair heading upstairs. There were many gingers in the school, but she definitely recognised this one. "Hey Cara," She called as she stride towards her. They had meet a week ago and Aurelia had passed her a couple of life saving objects. Cara was nice and had even offered to pay her, but Aurelia kind heartedly refused to accept the large sum of coins. She was happy to help the young Slytherin.

"Remember me? How was your day?" The young witch asked.

Cara was heading up the stairs going to the library for some good ol' studying time. Since she didn't know a lot of people here, it was the best thing she could do to keep busy. She was almost to the third floor when she heard someone call out to her. She turned around and recognized the tall, brown-haired witch who saved her life a while back. She smiled and walked back down the stairs.

"Aurelia, hi! How could I forget the person who saved my life?" Cara laughed and put away the book she was carrying in her bag. "I've had a... Decent day. I guess. All of my classes went okay, and I'm heading up to the library to study and do homework. I've really been liking it here. What about you?" Cara smiled and looked up at the witch.

Someone bumped into her from behind and she whipped around. "Hey, watch where you're going." She looked at the person who bumped into her. He had tan skin, brown hair, and glasses, completely different from Cara, but he still seemed... Familiar. The green eyes behind his glasses were almost identical to Cara's. "Oh, umm... S-sorry." She stepped aside and let him pass, watching him as he left.

Cara Lillian Moore

There was always so much to do in this ancient sprawling castle. So many assignments, memorizing new spells, meeting new people. Charles Moore, a lanky lad, scurried down the grand hallway his attention stolen by the thought of his family back in London. The boy loved this place, finding out he could cast magical spells and that he didn't have to worry his mother with Muggle schooling was a blessing, but he missed his mother and his sister. He wrote them everyday before bed and the young wizard would continue to do so, he worried about his sister and his mother. Charles knew that if he worked hard enough at Hogwarts that he could help his family have a better life, a life free of worrying about bills, worries of the repairs to the shoddy apartment, worries of...

Charles had bumped into someone, a red flash entangled his face, the frizzy hair tickled the edges of his nostrils and the outside of his ears. So much hair! Charles spat it out of his face and turned to the student to apologize when his gaze was caught by vibrant green eyes, just like his. The girl had red hair that caught fire atop her head, and fair skin with a dusting of freckles across her cheeks. The only thing they had in common was the one thing they locked onto each other with. Charles felt something. Something familiar. It scared him, no it terrified him, it was like they were looking at each and seeing who they truly were.

Charles didn't register that she spoke to him, he barely registered he was still walking, he didn't notice the person in front of him.

Crash

“I'm so so sorry,” Charles began to fluster. The boy picked up the other student's books and handed them to him. When the student stomped off Charles looked back up to those green eyes. “Who are you?”

Stamina: 7 Agility: 5 Strength: 3
Control: 6 ArcPower: 6 Accuracy: 3

The boy who had crashed into her then crashed into another student and she stifled a laugh. The boy picked up the other students books and handed them to him before turning back to her. She saw that the boy was wearing black and yellow robes and she scowled. From what she heard from the other Slytherin's, Hufflepuff was the worst house.

“Who are you?” the boy asked. Cara couldn't help but notice their other similarities. Their nose was almost the same shape, as were their lips. They were about the same height and build. The only thing that was drastically different was the hair and skin. Also, the boy had glasses, while Cara had perfect vision.

"I'm Cara Moore, first-year Slytherin. Who are you?" Cara crossed her arms over her chest and turned to Aurelia. "You see it too, right...?" she mumbled, hopefully, quiet enough so that the Hufflepuff boy wouldn't hear her. She remembered one day when her parents were talking after they took her to the doctor. They said something about someone being a pure-blood, whatever that meant, and their brother was one too. She dismissed it because she didn't have a brother. They must've been talking about something else.

Cara Lillian Moore

The boy who had crashed into her then crashed into another student and she stifled a laugh. The boy picked up the other students books and handed them to him before turning back to her. She saw that the boy was wearing black and yellow robes and she scowled. From what she heard from the other Slytherin's, Hufflepuff was the worst house.

“Who are you?” the boy asked. Cara couldn't help but notice their other similarities. Their nose was almost the same shape, as were their lips. They were about the same height and build. The only thing that was drastically different was the hair and skin. Also, the boy had glasses, while Cara had perfect vision.

"I'm Cara Moore, first-year Slytherin. Who are you?" Cara crossed her arms over her chest and turned to Aurelia. "You see it too, right...?" she mumbled, hopefully, quiet enough so that the Hufflepuff boy wouldn't hear her. She remembered one day when her parents were talking after they took her to the doctor. They said something about someone being a pure-blood, whatever that meant, and their brother was one too. She dismissed it because she didn't have a brother. They must've been talking about something else.

Cara Lillian Moore

Aurelia gasped amazed that two different people could look so similar. They had identical features with noses of the same shape and an oval face. Only their hair colour differed. They boy also wore glasses whereas Cara did not. A slight smirk spread on her face. from what she knew, Cara had told her she was Slytherin previously, Charles white her yellow and black scarf around his neck would be Hufflepuff. She was going to do some match making. Aurelia was aware that Slytherin and Hufflepuff wasn't doing quite well in getting along, but the young girl was about to make some changes.

"Hello, I am Aurelia Bezuidenhout. You should really watch where your going." She chuckled lightly when the boy walked right into another student. He must have been to busy admiring Cara that he didn't watch his steps.

The brunette nudged Cara. "I know, don't you think he's cute." She breathed into the ginger's ear, her voice barely above a whisper. Cara had folded her arms and seemed a little bothered. Maybe is was the fact that he was a slytherin, or was it that he had just bumped into her. Aurelia had to somehow cool the air that was heating between them.

Charles furrowed his brow and took a step back. She seems awfully defensive. The colors of her robe gave away her house. Slytherin. Fellow Badgers had claimed that Slytherin folk were the nastiest people out there. When Charles first heard of all of the houses and Hogwarts he was warned that if he crossed paths with a Slytherin, to not let them push him around, because if he did then that Slytherin would do it for the rest of his days at Hogwarts. Charles planted his feet on the ground and crossed his arms. I won't let her bully me, I won't budge

Bullying became something Charles was sensitive to, his best friend Marco had been bloodied and his favorite picture of his sister was ripped in half. Marco never meant to hurt anyone, he didn't understand the English language well and someone punished him for it. Charles' hands clenched into a fist at the memory of Marco's bloody and broken face. The muscles in his arms and neck tensed and relaxed, he felt himself get warm, he felt himself getting hot. I bet the boy who hit Marco was a Slytherin. In the rush of getting Marco to the hospital wing he didn't think to ask the injured boy what house the bully was in, but now that he was confronted with it, he could definitely see him being Slytherin.

Their eyes were locked onto one another once again. Charles felt the anger that sparked a small flame die out. What was it about her eyes that seemed to put him in a trance. It's like looking into a mirror. How can that be? The badger only had one sibling, his younger sister, so this Slytherin couldn't be his blood relative. Especially since they looked so different. At that moment Charles began noticing other similarities in their facial structure. So eerily alike, yet so remarkably different. The girl also was blessed with perfect vision, or at least that's what Charles suspected.

Charles turned his head toward the Gryffindor that stood beside the snake. Charles hadn't noticed her until now, he was far too concerned with the task that lay before him, the Slytherin. He shifted his eyes back to Cara's and as he did the boy's typically warm demeanor and lopsided grin was gone, instead a coldness leaked from his body. “I'm Charles Moore, I'm a First-year as well.” He said, the words came from him cold and slow, his eyes glued to Cara's in an icy glare. As he held that gaze he found it more difficult to stay angry and dismissive, the longer he held her eyes the more familiar she became, the more she felt like... No!

Thoughts burst through the badger's head, he couldn't keep track of them all but there was one that stood among the rest. A memory played through his head as he kept his eyes trained on the strikingly similar pair just a few feet away from where he stood.

Charles was four years old, he stood in a narrow corridor. Floral wallpaper clung desperately to the swollen wood, a heavy dust hung in the air, trash and clutter lay strewn about on the floor and a smaller Charles sat beside a cracked and dirty oak door. The child brought his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs and waited, tense. If he concentrated hard enough on the voices he could pick up some of what they were saying. “...not even our kid,” “...two is too much Sarah,” “We can't just leave him on the street.” “Give him back to...” Someone was walking, the younger Charles darted back into his tiny room and tried to get some sleep that after hearing that.

Present Charles slammed back into reality when Cara spoke. The boy hadn't really listened, the only catching her name. Cara... More thoughts sped through Charles' mind, Did that night have something to do with Cara? He pushed it down and denied it. He would do his best to forget that night ever happened.

Stamina: 7 Agility: 5 Strength: 3
Control: 6 ArcPower: 6 Accuracy: 3

Cara continued to scan the boy up and down, trying to place where she had seen him before. After a few seconds, she felt someone elbow her in the side.

“I don’t know, don’t you think he’s cute?” Aurelia whispered in her ear. Cara laughed and pushed her away.

“Eww, no!” Her laughter died off as her brain finally processed what he had said. Moore... His last name is Moore... My last name is Moore... We look similar...Does that mean we’re... Related?!

Cara sent a glare towards Charles and pulled Aurelia to the side. “First of all, eww. Second of all, he looks like me. Does that mean you think I’m cute?” Cara teased, nudging Aurelia in the side.

“Anyways, did you hear what he said? His last name is Moore, too. Do you know what this means?!” Cara took a brief pause before speaking up again. She probably didn’t give Aurelia enough time to even think of a response, but oh well.

“We don’t look exactly alike, but the similarities are undeniable, and uncanny. We have the same eyes, same shaped nose and face, etcetera. And, on top of that, we have the same last name. Aurelia, what if we’re...” Cara shudders. “Twins?”

Cara Lillian Moore

Looked extremely agitated, somehow, staring at Cara coldly. Aurelia didn’t know what his problem was but she definitely wanted to solve it. She was gifted with a push as Cara hissed at her. “Eww, no!” The girl had denied, but the smile on her face said otherwise but it quickly fade and she glared back at the boy with eyes like daggers piercing through him. Aurelia didn’t know such a sweet looking girl could produce such a glare.

The girl had grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side. And whiperred into her ear.
First of all, eww. Second of all, he looks like me. Does that mean you think I’m cute?
the girl asked.

“ Yes ma’am you undeniably are cute. And both of you make a perfect couple with the same features and all.” Aurelia joked.

Then then Cara suddenly suggested that they were twins. Aurelia’s eyebrows raised, how could two complete strangers be related, not mentioning twins? That was impossible. Moore was a common last name, it was possible that they had the similar last names withe identitical looks. She wasn’t going to let them get along if they liked it along.

“Charles? Would you mind taking this girl to the slytherin dormitory at the basement? I really need to go right now.” The girl had lied and scurried away. She hoped they would somehow get to know each other.

Reducio
Aurelia leaves thread

"Yes ma'am, you undeniably are cute. And both of you make a perfect couple with the same features and all." Aurelia said, hopefully joking. Cara went bright red and gently pushed Aurelia in the shoulder again.

"Stop it! Aurelia, you're disgusting." Cara sighed and pushed Aurelia again, just for fun. Cara looked at Aurelia, waiting for her to say something, but it appeared that she was thinking about something, eyebrow raised and all.

"Charles? Would you mind taking this girl to the slytherin dormitory in the basement? I really need to go right now." Aurelia began scurrying away, and Cara's eyes went wide.

“Aurelia, don’t you dare. Get back here. Right now. Aurelia!” Cara called after the brunette, but she didn’t come back. Cara wasn’t even sure she had heard her. “Iontach…” Cara mumbled in her native language. Cara huffed and stomped her foot, then turned to the boy.

“Well, are we going to go? Know what? Never mind. I don’t want to be seen with a Hufflepuff. Go do something stupid or whatever you badger’s do.” Cara rolled her eyes and began walking away, her black and green robe trailing behind her. She stopped, however, and turned back to the boy. She thought for a minute, then sighed. “Come on, then… Just drop me off before any other slytherins see us together.”
Reducio
"Iontach" means wonderful or great in Irish

Cara Lillian Moore