Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

I can walk, really!  pv Emmet park   finished 

Eri made a small laugh. She could tell he was either trying to make fun of her or cheer her up. She went with the cheering up idea. "Belittling myself? You should see me face plant on the field. I can make pretty good headers if the ball comes to me." Eri said laughing a small bit. She remembered faceplanting a few to many times on the field.  

"Well I'm glad you seem to think that fits me. I will get my revenge one day. Until then I will be, Eri, the world's clumsiest football player." She laughed at that. She truly was the world's clumsiest football player. 

Eri had forgotten about how bad her ankle was her hurting until she accidentally moved. A pained expression appeared on her face for a small millisecond. 

Eri didn't have anything else to add, so she kept quiet waiting for him to say something. It was quiet uncomfortable it being silent. Though one of them would talk soon. She knew that for certain. The brunette blew a strand of her brown hair from her face and kept making sure the hall  was clear of people. She needed to keep her mind off her ankle.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

He nodded as he kept attentively listening to what she had to say. Again, she was belittling herself. Exactly the opposite of what he had told her to do. How ignorant could a person be?
Yeah, you heard me. Belittling yourself. Something I just told you not to do." he said, continuing soon after taking one small breath.
"Well, isn't that part of every sport really? Getting hurt occasionally? I think you're exaggerating your face-planting activities." the boy kept nagging on and on, sounding like some elderly grandma lecturing her grandchild. Truth was, he was just her peer, not a teacher nor an elder.

"Don't be discouraged." was all he said, muttering under his breath. Most of his exchange of words happened under his breath, even if he knew that she would probably pick up everything that he said. Maybe that was the way he wanted it to be.

Being behind her, he missed the whole pained expression. It was hard to peek behind her shoulder to see what was going on. He apparently missed a lot of the action, all the emotions she showed on her face. Emmett felt the awkwardness land between them, and frantically tried to think about something to say to her. Failing at first, he blurted weird things out in an effort to save himself from this dangerously painful silence.
"So uhh, you know, what's your favorite subject?" he asked, mentally face palming as he heard those words roll from his tongue. How embarrassing.

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.

Eri rolled her eyes knowing he can't see her face. "Yeah, I know. Which is why I did it." She said jokingly. "I'm great at sports and can be the best player I want to be." She said with as much sarcasm as she could muster. He was acting like a grandparent lecturing their grandchild. Eri shook her head and sighed. "I wish that were the case. I'll just end this topic and say You are right. There we are done with that." Eri looked at the hallway and heard him mutter don't be discouraged. She knew that he knew she could hear him.

The brunette stifled a laugh and chose to answer his question. "Transfiguration. I want to become an animagus like my Aunt. I guess I like charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts. What is your favorite subject?" She asked hoping he didn't think her goal was impossible or to advanced for her age. She thought it was possible so it was possible to her. Also she hoped he didn't think she was a geek. "I, um, I am, terribly bad at potions." She admitted which was very true. She never got it right on the first try.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

He clicked his tongue loudly at her response. Emmett could have said something insulting about we, but restrained himself. He wanted to be friends with her after all. She even dared to be all sarcastic after he tried to hype her up for her future of being the best football player ever. "Exactly. I'm glad we can agree on something." the boy answered in an equally sarcastic tone. You get what you order from Emmett Park.

She kept sighing and shaking her head. To make her understand his point, he nudged his face on her back in an attempt to piss her off.
" You're like, sweaty." he lied and grinned. Well, she couldn't see that but he did.

Listening closely to her goals for life and favorite subjects, he could make somewhat of an assumption about what she liked. Emmett still foolishly thought that she was predictable over 15 minutes of observing her. The boy didn't realize that not everything was shown in that short span of time. Then again, he was impatient to his core.

" I wonder what kind of an animal you would turn in to. Personally, I too enjoy defense against the dark arts, but potions strike my fancy more. I like when things blow up. " he made a little 'poof' explosion sound and smiled.

Eri laughs a small laugh. "I'm glad I found a way to agree with you. It was soo hard." She said with sarcasmShe rolled her eyes. She hears him reply to her with the same amount of sarcasim that she used. Her face turns red. "I am not." She said. If he was trying to piss her off he did his job. Which he seemed to do so well. Eri rolled her eyes and blew hair out of her eyes. He seemed to know how to get under skin so well. "How does it seem you know how to get under my skin?" 

They were getting close maybe one more turn. She didn't know how many more turns but they were very close. "I want to be a fiery colored Maine coon cat. Explosions aren't the entire part of potions. I can't even get a potion to turn out right the first time I try it. So if I make something explode, it probably was not supposed to explode." She said explaining her potions dilemma. She was very bad at potions and he seemed to like potions. Especially the explosions. "We are almost to the hospital wing." She said.

He rolled his eyes, and cleared his throat loudly to get her attention and prepare himself for the imitation. "You're sharp. You even recognize your own stubbornness!" he pulled the light, feminine and clearly faked voice again. The boy even fluttered his eyelashes for the maximum effect of 'I am a girl, Eri Windstone.'

"According to my calculations, yes. Yes you are." he made an another lighthearted joke, knowing that she probably wanted to smack the living soul from him. Too bad, that would be a bit hard for her since she was being carried by him. If she smacked him, he would let go and drop her on the floor.

"I know how to get under your skin because that is my special talent I was blessed with." he announced loudly, so the whole school would know. Not really, he was just a rather loud person. His voice was clear and pleasant to listen to if he was not shouting. Frankly, he was almost always shouting and laughing obnoxiously.

He frowned, pouted and puffed his cheeks as she told him about her difficulties with potions. "I find it kind of odd that you're apparently the one who has difficulties with following instructions from a book and not me. Well, I guess all of us have hidden..talents." his cocky smirk was almost heard as he dissed her again by putting himself on a high pedestal.
"Just kidding. Maine coons are cute." Emmett made one last unnecessary remark as he very carefully let her down again. "Careful. We're here, sort of." he commanded her and pointed at her feet.

Eri rolled her eyes again. There it is again. He is doing that annoying high pitched voice. She wanted to smack him, but if she did he would probably drop her. "I thought we established that earlier. That I was stubborn." Eri said trying not to laugh at the high pitched voice. It was annoying, but it was also funny. In a way. Eri rolled her eyes again. "What calculations then? I didn't think you liked to calculate." She said this as a light joke. Did he really have to make so many jokes about her all the time?

Why is he so loud? "That is your special talent? You are quite good at it. And do you have to be so loud?" Eri thought it was in necessary for him to be so loud. She rolled her eyes. "I don't have trouble following instructions in the book. The book is just written incorrectly. I think Maine coins are fierce." Finally they were there. Hopefully she wouldn't have to hear any more of his jokes. After he set her down she opened the hospital wing door and limped in. Even though he told her not to walk on it she did so anyways.

Back