Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

I can walk, really!  pv Emmet park   finished 

He let a long groan, wondering if that was good enough. "Okay, I accept it. Nicer than before." Emmett said, giving up a little. He could be flexible, to a point! Most of the time he was just stubborn, and would not move in any other direction than the one that his head was telling him to.

Her wish had been heard, but not reciprocated. "No can do. You're in less pain if I carry you, and we'll get you treatment quicker. There are no cons to this option." he started walking slowly. He didn't think much of carrying her. Everyone passing would probably question what they were doing, but he didn't care. Emmett was doing what he saw best. That was what this situation required, carrying Eri across the castle!

"You know me well I see. I'm not letting you down, you're going to have to deal with me not listening to your limits right now! Sorry not sorry, you gotta deal with the Devil sometimes, you know?" the boy would have shrugged if he wasn't holding an another body at the time. Letting a quick and sharp exhale to get his bangs out of his face, Emmett was already navigating through the corridors.

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.

Eri sighed in frustration. "Fine, I give up. You win." Eri was done trying to persuade him to let her down. I guess she had to accept it and move on. 

The brunette shook her head. He was so stubborn. So was she, but carrying a person against their will? He must have a good reason. Which he does. She had been walking on her sprained ankle not wanting to do anything about it. This is what she gets. Fine. 

"Fine, I guess I'll stop asking you to put me down, since you won't. I try to avoid dealing with the devil, but I get what you are saying." She rolled her eyes. 

Eri looked at the corridor and she didn't want him to drop her. Which he wouldn't, hopefully. Why was he insisting he wasn't nice? Did he just want to be known as tough? Maybe, but she didn't know and didn't want to ask. She was still a bit mad that he decided to pick her up against her will. She will get over it. One thing Eri doesn't do is hold grudges. She just doesn't see why they are needed. 

Eri noticed her ankle wasn't hurting as bad since she wasn't walking on it. "I guess thank you." She muttered under her breath hoping he couldn't hear it.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Emmett let a whistle of surprise when she admitted defeat. He was glad that she accepted her faith of being carried away, literally. "There we go. Great, you're making my job easier by cooperating." he said with a smile. You could almost hear that he was doing his awkward smile once again.

"The reason I'm not doing anything to your ankle is because if there is a joint out of place I could hurt you like, really bad. Accidentally I mean." he hurried the end, to not give a violent image of himself. He was maybe stubborn, wild and unpredictable, but never violent.

"Everyone has to occasionally deal with devil. You can't escape me." he muttered under his breath just like she often did, thinking that he couldn't hear her. Emmett couldn't see very well where he was going, and occasionally took a peek behind her back to see what was happening.

Although she was pretty light, he would eventually get tired of carrying her. He was more used to throwing people and using all his strength focused on one small moment. Just like running short distances required that quick reaction and display of strength in the start. It seemed like that the universe was turning against him.

When she thanked him, he let out a sound of surprise. Giggling, he decided to answer. "No biggie!" he said, well aware that it wasn't a proper and polite way to tell someone that they were welcome.

Eri frowned. He heard her thank him under her breath. She knew they were getting close. Very close. Well not really close, but it wasn't very far. 

Eri looked at him. Okay so if there was a joint out of place is that worse then a sprain? Probably so. She frowned and let him continue talking. 

"So after we get my ankle fixed, what are we going to do? Go back to the library, or something else?" She shrugged. Maybe they could go back and read, but he didn't seem very interested when they were at the library. 

Eri heard him giggle and say no biggie. "Okay now you are going a little far. It's not like I owe any favors. You carried me against my will." She pointed out. Not really wanting to have to owe him any favors. He carried her. She didn't want to be carried. He was very unpredictable so she didn't know what would happen next. At least she knew he wasn't violent. That comforted her. So he wouldn't drop her. She wasn't scared or anything, just a bit worried her ankle might get worse. She sighed and waited for him to say something about what she just said.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

When she turned to look at him, he responded with puckered lips and raised eyebrows. He then slowly changed into a smile as she kept frowning at him. Emmett was sure that she detested him, and unlike Eri he didn't believe that they were getting close. Even when he was the one who tried to initiate friendship. He preferred to play cat-and-mouse than to actually going through the trouble to get to know someone who was so different from him. He knew that there would be a lot of fights in this friendship that would hurt if he let her come close.

"I don't like the idea of you wondering off somewhere again. You'll probably die next time. I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm probably not. Sad truth!" he shook his head and would have wiped an imaginary tear off the corner of his eyes. If he would actually do it, she would be dropped on the floor. Emmett would have not been surprised if she was on the floor suddenly because he forgot that she was in his arms.

"You don't owe me anything, nor did I say you did." he blinked looking confused and sniffed loudly like he was about to cry. In reality, he was probably sick after the episode earlier when he jumped in the rain and puddles.

"Goddess of rivalry indeed." he hummed quietly.

Eri smiled at him and looked back at the corridor. "Come on, I don't mind all your teasing. So if you feel bad for me and saying something nice with no insult, I might actually think there was something wrong." She didn't detest him. Maybe they had started off wrong, but she kind of hoped they could be friends. She was getting used to the insults and knew he was joking half the time. Eri looked at the corridor the back at him. "If you need to put me down for a minute we are almost there. I think." She frowned at nothing in particular. Her foot was hurting and for some reason, she had a headache, but he didn't need to know that. She would be fine, hopefully. Maybe it was just from the pain. 

Eri looked at the ground and frowned her ankle had swollen some. "Maybe its's broken. Probably just a sprain though." Eri said trying no to worry him. The last thing she needed was him to make her tell the nurse she had broken her ankle. She thought it was just sprained. It wouldn't bother if she tried to ignore it for now. Until then she would be fine.

When she smiled, he quickly turned his head away and pretended not to see. The opposite reaction of what he had done earlier. He scoffed and muttered something under his breath again about being the same as always.
Come on, I don't mind all your teasing. So if you feel bad for me and saying something nice with no insult, I might actually think there was something wrong.
She sounded quite serious when she said that, and it made Emmett feel a tiny bit bad for her. Had he seriously been that mean? No..couldn't be. If everyone else could take it, so could she. He decided to continue like he was, but in the back of his mind, he made a note to not insult her directly.

"Glad you're looking after me." he said in a sarcastic voice, continuing to carry her. She looked at him once again and he turned his head to inspect the wall near him. Eri should keep her eyes in front of them so they wouldn't collide with anyone.
if you need to put me down for a minute we are almost there. I think.
The girl wasn't making any sense to him. Analyzing what she had just said, he let a questioning hum. If they were almost there, he could endure it. No reason to throw her on the ground just yet.
Maybe its's broken. Probably just a sprain though.
This time he got worried. He tried to see her ankle, but failed as he would have to let her down if he wanted to see it. He frowned lightly, feeling really bad for her. It would have been better if Emmett broke his ankle or something. Then again, he couldn't manage the pain as well as she did.

Eri frowned and looked in front of her making sure they wouldn't collide with anyone. "Don't sound to happy about me having your back." Eri said jokingly. Did he always have to act rude? She shook her head and looked straight ahead. 

Maybe Eri shouldn't have mentioned her ankle possibly being broken. She acted like she didn't notice his concern. Eri continued to stare ahead at the corridor. 

The brunette wondered if they would be friends. He seemed a lot different than her, but they had some similarities. 

Eri tried to move her ankle and bit her lip so she wouldn't gasp. Well it was sore all right. Maybe she walked to much on it. It can't possibly be broken right? 

Looked at her ankle it was still swollen. Eri didn't feel like talking right then. She tried to ignore the pain. If she did it would go away. At least that is what she thought. She wanted him to put her down, but she knew he wouldn't. She wasn't going to say anything unless he asked her a question.

Eri hoped she hadn't been rude. Yes he was a bit rude in his insults, but they didn't hurt her feelings. She had gotten used to them. 

He hid his crooked smile behind her back and corrected her in his arms so he could carry her more comfortably. Of course there were thousands of ways that he could carry her with, but she would probably be too embarrassed to be carried like a princess or a little kid.
Don't sound to happy about me having your back.
He only let a laugh that sounded a bit forced. Perhaps he was getting tired of waddling around. He did refuse to let her down earlier, but had no option but to let go for a second. Very slowly and carefully, he put her down and waved his arms around to relax them. Again wrapping his arms around her waist again he lifted her up.

"Sorry about that. I forgot that I'm that weak." he said casually. It was true, since he didn't train anymore after entering Hogwarts, Emmett's strength quickly declined from what it had previously been.

He wasn't aware that Eri was probably used to being insulted often. He was insulted often too, but most of the time he deserved it and asked for it by teasing, annoying and angering others with his antics. "It's too quiet. Tell me something." he asked for her to entertain him.

Eri was going to attempt to walk away when he sat her down, but just as quickly he picked her back up. She frowned, he was strong enough to carry her, but if he said he was weak she will go with it. Eri shrugged. 

Eri stayed quiet still not wanting to talk when he asked her to tell him something. "I want to be an animagus." She said and shrugged again. "Not much else to tell you about myself really. What do you want me to answer?" She didn't mind if he asked her anything. She was bored. At least he didn't look at her ankle cause it didn't look like a sprain, but she was to stubborn to admit to herself that her ankle was hurt worse than a sprain. It could be fixed easily in the hospital wing.

"You want to tell me something, or am I the one who is supposed to be the one talking?" He was right. It was too quiet she didn't like it. 

The brunette kept her gaze ahead making sure nobody was in their way. He didn't have to carry her the whole way, but he wasn't going to let her walk by herself.

He struggled when she shrugged, making it harder to carry her. What a squirmy girl.
I want to be an animagus.
She revealed to him. He was well aware of what that meant, and well aware of hard it was to become an animagus. The idea was appealing to him, but Emmett was aware that regardless of his stubbornness, he would eventually get impatient and quit.
"That's a really hard process though, it takes time and dedication. And most likely, you're going to fail if you try. Besides, there are a lot of risks to it. Not to sound pessimistic. I'm just saying." he said quickly in the end, not wanting to discourage her from trying anyway. It was possible, so she could go for it.
Not much else to tell you about myself really. What do you want me to answer?
She said, and the boy groaned in response. Was she really this boring at all times?
"There's a lot of things you could say. Start from the basics, it's weird to call someone your friend if you don't know the most basic information about them." he argued, tightening his grip around her.

He trusted her enough to not be worried about walking over someone unfortunate in the corridors.
You want to tell me something, or am I the one who is supposed to be the one talking?
"Ladies first." he bluntly answered.

Eri rolled her eyes. "Fine. My aunt has a few friends who are muggles and they would babysit me while my Aunt was at work. She didn't want me to grow up hating muggles. One of the people took me to play Soc.. I mean football. The couple who baby sat me were from the USA so they called it soccer. I also tried basketball and swim team." She didn't like Sharing her sports history. She liked it but she would only get to do it in the summer. "I also did cross country for a while." She added. She wasn't always a book worm. Yes she spent most of her time reading, she played sports in the summer. Travel teams, and competitive teams.

Eri didn't know if she wanted to say anything else. The only wizarding sport she knew of was quidditch. She thought it was interesting, just not interesting enough to play it or spend much time reading about it. She liked swim team a lot. Football was fun, basket ball was a fun sport too. Cross country was interesting.

The brunette looked ahead at the corridor not knowing if that was good enough for him or if she had to share more.

Fine. My aunt has a few friends who are muggles and they would babysit me while my Aunt was at work. She didn't want me to grow up hating muggles. One of the people took me to play Soc.. I mean football. The couple who baby sat me were from the USA so they called it soccer. I also tried basketball and swim team.
Emmett listened on, and almost asked her about her parents. He later realized that she had just told him that her parents basically abandoned her for the sake of their careers. He was thankful that he didn't open his mouth before thinking thoroughly his words.
"I'm jealous. You must be good at many things. How did you find all the time to organize all of that though?" he asked, curious about her normal days.
I also did cross country for a while.
He sighed in defeat. She seemed to be better in almost every aspect of life. Well, maybe except for the common sense. "Gee, the list seems to just continue and continue. I'm amazed." he pointed out, suddenly being much nicer because of what she had said earlier about not minding insults. It probably meant that she was awfully used to him. Not that great.

He didn't answer about what he did, because she hadn't asked. Besides his list was half of what hers was. "Anything else Missy wants to tell?" he was aware that she wasn't that fond of the nickname, but it had stuck by now.

She rolled her eyes but didn't say anything about the nickname. "The only sports I'm good at is swim and I'm not super fast, but cross country is easier than the other sports I mentioned. I'm a bit clumsy so I don't do cross country much. I don't know, I just did." Eri frowned. She didn't like talking about her past. At least he didn't ask about her parents. She winced and looked at the wall. She didn't want him to think her ankle was hurting worse. 

"I'm not good at football. I just trip or get shoved. Basketball I can't do much. I am really bad at shooting and I'm short and people just push me out of the way." It was true. She was used to being bad at sports on land. Swimming was easy since she couldn't get pushed out of the way. 

Eri didn't notice that he was being nice. Eri looked straight again trying to act normal. She had lots of thoughts going through her head. Like how much farther was it? She frowned and watched the corridor. She frowned and looked at the wall. She didn't know how much she would tell him about herself.

The only sports I'm good at is swim and I'm not super fast, but cross country is easier than the other sports I mentioned. I'm a bit clumsy so I don't do cross country much. I don't know, I just did.
She was belittling herself in Emmett's opinion. He was about to say something that resembled a compliment, but decided against it as she might have gotten worried about him not insulting her this time. Clearing his throat, he again put on the teasing tone. "Yeah I've noticed that you're clumsy." he smiled again and even let a laugh at his own dumb and unoriginal joke. At least he thought that he was being funny. The only person who cared as much was himself only, so why not make the best of it? As she winced again, Emmett felt a sting of guilt in his heart. She was hurting really bad, and he couldn't really do anything about it. Choosing to ignore the wince, he kept on babbling about other things to distract her with.
I'm not good at football. I just trip or get shoved. Basketball I can't do much. I am really bad at shooting and I'm short and people just push me out of the way.
"It's okay, you'll get your revenge one day. I'm sure you're much better than what you make yourself sound like. It seems to fit your personality well, belittling yourself I mean." he was trying to cheer her up, but sounded pretty aggressive instead.

Back