Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

I can walk, really!  pv Emmet park   finished 

Eri had to will herself to not be stupid. Don't run! You have a sprained ankle. Stop being stubborn and go get it fixed! She told herself. She needed to be practical and not stupid. She was very painfully walking out of the library into the corridor. She knew if she ran she would fall. "Emmet, I'm not going to run. I'm to focused on not running."  At least he was letting her walk on her own. Was she loosing her mind? No just trying to not trying to be weak. "You don't understand. My fear is that someone will leave me if they see I'm weak. Look my parents left me with my Aunt so they could be the famous daily prophet journalists that they are. But I guess you are right. My sprained ankle isn't weakness. I'm just being irrational." Eri said as she tried to walk. She could walk really. Though it was a hard struggle she was forcing herself to walk on it. Maybe she was irrational. You aren't supposed to walk on a sprained ankle. Everyone knew that. She was basically in a lot of pain, but it didn't really show on her face.
Last edited by Eri Windstone on 28th May 2018, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Emmett couldn't find reasons to trust her. She said a few minutes ago that she was about to run. Before that, she had lied about her pain. He grew more distrustful with every word she said, and it was for the better. That was his way to ensure that she wouldn't indulge in some stupid activities in his company. Yeah he was stubborn and annoying, but he thought it was worth it.

"I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time trusting you and your ankle. You can gain it back after you're alright again." he flashed a very small smile. Just a tug of the corner of his lips, gone in the next second. Listening to her story about her parents, he felt a bit saddened. A 'bit' was an underestimation. First of all, he never really expected for her to tell something personal to Emmett. He was not a person you would trust first either. He thought that he knew the feeling of losing parents, but not in the same way. He hadn't shown weakness, he just lost the attention of his parents after the birth of his siblings. You couldn't really blame them, since they did have five children. Then again, that did not make Emmett's need for attention any smaller.

Not saying anything, he stared at his own feet for a while. "Don't worry! I won't stop pestering you because of your sprained ankle." he said after a pause, not knowing what else to say to comfort her. He was bad at giving advice and comforting others. He only knew how to make jokes and elevate the mood, distracting others from their concerns and worries momentarily.

"If you don't treat that right, it'll become a bigger problem eventually. You're not supposed to walk on a sprained ankle either. Not even if the distance is short. And the length of these corridors is definitely anything but small." he reminded her, hinting about the dragging again.

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.

Eri looked at him with fake surprise. "Allright, so now I guess we need to get there so I can get it fixed." She said a little bit as a joke, but being trustworthy was a good thing. Well he knew the truth about her parents. She let out a sigh and kept walking in pain. "I'm honored that you won't stop teasing me." She smiled a bit. That joke made her laugh. Did he ever stop joking? Probably not, but it was okay. He could be serious when he wanted to, but she liked his jokes sometimes. When they weren't insulting her.

Eri frowned. She knew she shouldn't be walking on her sprained ankle. It would get worse and he kept reminding her about it. Maybe he would give up. He probably wasn't. "Are you really going to continue the dragging thing. If you really don't want me to walk on it that much I'll hop down the hall." She was pretty independent, but she guesses she could use some help.

The brunette sighed and looked at him. "I'm normally independent, but if you keep bugging me about it. I could use some help." Eri looked down at the ground.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

He looked at her again with a really weirded out face. "Yeah, genius. We need to get in there to get you fixed." he said, not really picking up on the joke. He shrugged throwing his hands in the air and pouted a bit. Hearing her sigh, Emmett looked at her again. What was happening? Was she in physical pain, emotional pain, or just plain wanted to smack Emmett? Any of those could be possible.
"You should be honored. It means that I'm actually wasting my time thinking about things to point out in my head." he said and tapped his own temple with his pointer.

He wasn't going to give up, and kept insisting throughout the whole trip about her ankle.
"There are better ways than hopping down the hall to reserve you pride. Or escape your fear or whatever you prefer to call that thing happening in between your ears right now." he looked at her from her head to toes. The exact way you did when you judged someone real badly.

"There we go, that's the way. Aight, come on I'll help you out. Try to put most of your weight on me, not your ankle." he smiled enthusiastically as she finally cracked and asked for help in her own, bizarre Eri way.

Eri smiled. "So it is that big of an honor. Thanks." She sighed and looked back at the ground.

Eri had only sprained her ankle one other time in her life. So she didn't really understand the pain, but it was just pain she could ignore it until it got bad enough to have to get fixed. 

The brunette frowned and her adrenaline was loosing its hold on keeping the pain away. "Is it normal for it to hurt worse when you adrenaline goes away?" She winced and rolled her eyes. "I'm not being prideful. I just don't think it is necessary to go get an injury fixed when the pain is easy to ignore. When you can't ignore them you go fix it. That's what I always do." She says matter of faculty. Although she has no clue what she is talking about. "Hopping sounds fun though."  She mutters under her breath. Then she looks at him like he was crazy. She stopped walking. Her ankle had swollen a bit from her agrivating the sprain when she walked on it. She leaned a bit on his shoulder and rolled her eyes. She didn't need to be independent all the time.

He nodded enthusiastically. "Exactly. It's a big deal that I'm actually thinking for once." he took a jab at his own self too, just for her own entertainment. Kind of like trying to lift up the mood of your sibling after you've hit them.

Emmett had never sprained any body parts. However he had broken his bones plenty of times, fallen off from high places and gotten way too many bruises. Why? He never took precautions, never sensed danger and jumped headfirst to everything. Sometimes literally.

When she complained about her pains, he sucked air through his teeth. Ouch, the adrenaline was wearing off wasn't it? "Okay, you're definitely out of it. Of course it is normal. That's the point of adrenaline. Distracting you from the pain until you're in a safe place." he sighed and scowled. She was either really oblivious to everything, playing dumb or there was something else going on in her brain than just adrenaline. That was how Emmett saw it.

"What? That still doesn't make sense! Ever listened to Confucius? 'If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake'. You are torturing your future self if you don't treat yourself immediately. A sprained ankle is pretty painful from what I have heard." he huffed, getting too heated again.

When she said that hopping sounds fun, he felt the urge to slap some sense in Eri. Suppressing those wants, he just let an even more frustrated sigh. Finally she leaned on him and took the weight off her ankle. Was about the time she did that. "You're dumb." he blatantly said, holding on to her so she wouldn't flop on the floor if he let go. And if she tried to let go after his blunt insult, she would have a clingy body on her.

Eri slightly laughed as he kind of insulted himself. It was kind of nice seeing how he could joke around all the time. It was entertaining when she wasn't the one being insulted. 

Eri had only been hurt a few times like this before. Still, she was going to loose her mind if she had to take it slow and postpone her normal activities just because of some injury. In her mind that is unacceptable. "I'm not out of it. I just don't see why everyday activities have to be postponed because of an injury." She had grown up in a very independent life style where there wasn't much time for pain, since she was always busy.

"Confucius, Yes I have heard of him. Fine, I see where you are going with this." She sighed and shook her head. She was just going to drop it and agree with him since he seemed to want to continue to tell her how wrong she is.

Eri bit back her response to him calling her dumb. Instead she just muttered under her breathe. "I'm dumb? I'm the one in Ravenclaw." Then she remembered he could hear her mutter under her breath so she decided not to say anything about him or Gryffindor. She was going to let go since he called her dumb. She let go and stood there looking at him like she had no clue what to say to that remark. 

When she laughed, it was like she fueled his need to entertain her even more. Some people just felt very inclined to please others. Sometimes Emmett was like that, sometimes he was the opposite of that. No in between ever. He was a hot-and-cold person, not lukewarm.

"You don't necessarily have to postpone anything. And if you have to, that's just for the better. If you won't postpone those activities now, you'll have to postpone them later with much bigger cost." he still tried to get his point across, frustrated that she was not getting where he was coming from. Even if she said she did lie to him about understanding, she still had the same mindset.

Those literature classes in muggle school were paying off when he cited some random quotes he could remember to her. Maybe literature was not as useless as he thought? Maybe what it was for was to get your opinion through someone else's quite thick skull. Someone like Eri, and Emmett too. Both quite stubborn.

"Good, I take it back if you understand. Then you're the smartest of them all." he sighed and noted how she stopped suddenly after muttering something under her breath.

"You're the one in Ravenclaw and I'm the one in Gryffindor. I get it. she was perhaps smart, but not the type of smart that Emmett was looking for now. Common sense was the thing he was looking for.

Eri looked at him and frowned. "I get it now. So when I get hurt in the future. Go ahead and get it checked before it gets worse, right?" She thinks he was making sense now. What was she lacking? That thing... common sense. Her brain thought to much to have common sense. She nodded like he was making sense. "I'm lacking common sense aren't I?" Well now she understood what he meant. I guess it made more sense then letting it get worse. 

Eri smiled and looked at him. "Thank you, but I don't think I am the smartest. That wasn't your point. Anyways I get it now." She planned on trying to not make her inguries worse in the future.

In Eri's mind she was learning common sense from Emmet. She was glad he was telling her she needed common sense.

Eri frowned and looked at the hallway. They were still far away from the Hospital wing. She wanted to get there soon since her ankle was now hurting really badly. She sighed and kept going glad he wasn't rushing her. "I think I'll remember this in the future. If I get hurt again I'll get it fixed right away."

She was finally catching on what he was trying to say. He looked at the ceiling like he was thanking the gods, if they existed. But then something popped in his mind. Maybe she was lying to get him to stop the nagging. Either way, he was just trying to get her into the hospital wing.

When she kept reading his thoughts like that, he wasn't as surprised as he was the first time. He nodded in response, still a bit speechless when she showed off her skill to him. Emmett just quietly stared at her before she smiled.
"Well I'm glad that I don't have to nag anymore." he nagged, proving that he still was about to do it to her a lot. He wasn't usually the person to pick on small things, but since this was a much more bigger thing, he would pick on it a lot.
He nodded to everything she said in an enthusiastic way once again. Sometimes he muttered something about agreeing with everything what she said, probably because she was repeating the words he had just told her.
"Good. You'll save yourself some time, trouble, sleep and whatnot." he waved his hand weirdly and tugged her sleeve to say 'let's start moving.'

Eri Eri looked at him. He seemed like he wanted to keep going. She let him tug her hand to keep going. "Okay let's keep going. Thanks I don't know how long I could have endured the nagging." She smiled.

Eri thought about the hospital wing. She hated hospitals. The sterile smell to the air seemed to make her feel uncomfortable. So she had to hate the smell. It just was weird. 

Eri kept going. They were so far away from the hospital wing she had no clue how much longer she would last. Her ankle was hurting really bad.

Eri looked at him and kept going. "Okay. So are you going to make tell the nurse what happened?" She didn't really want to tell the nurse, but he was probably going to make her tell anyways. Though it wouldn't hurt to tell the nurse, but she was to stubborn to say anything. Although he did convince her it was dumb to make it worse. So she didn't know what to do. Well anyways they needed to keep going. Or she might never make it there. Her ankle had started killing her and she now realized how dumb it was to make it worse.

He gave a silent nod again when she told him that she couldn't endure anymore of his nagging, who could blame her? No one liked being nagged at. He thought that it was something to envy when she kept smiling even though she was in pain. At this point Emmett would probably asking for attention and playing helpless.

He disliked the sterile air too, but thought that it was a really really teensy-tiny small price compared to enduring a whole lot of pain. She was pretty much a champ in his books, an annoying and stubborn champ. But still a champ regardless.

"I'm good at lying, don't worry. I'll just make something up. Sprained ankle isn't something hard to lie about. Just say that you stepped on your foot in some really odd way or something. Anything works really." he shrugged indifferently. Lying to him came naturally like breathing. There were perks to that, but he often found himself entangled in balls of small lies becoming much bigger than he first intended them to.

He couldn't help but feel pity towards her 'frenemy'. Eri was still a meanie, but a hurt meanie could invoke some emotion even in Emmett Park.

Eri looked at Emmet and forced another smile. "Thanks, Emmet. You are a lot nicer than when you ran into me. I can say I was wrong to think you were a self-conceited guy. Which you are not." Eri winced again as they kept moving towards their destination. It would probably take awhile.

The brunette was kind of glad he forced her to go with him so she could change her impression of him. He is totally not who she thought he was. She was very stubborn and didn't like to change her view on things but she was glad it had changed.

Eri continued to try to mask the pain with a smile, but it looked very forced. "Maybe I could try some spell to fix my ankle and we could just go?" He probably wouldn't let her. She didn't know much magic and especially a spell to fix a sprained ankle. There was probably some potion for that. Which she could not do since she was terribly awful at potions. Even though she tried really hard she was very bad at them. Never able to get them right on her first try.

Eri kept going though, he would probably tell her no and they would just keep going.

Emmett let some disgust to creep on his face. "No I'm not nicer. I'm the same person as I was a few moments ago." he insisted, not liking the idea of her suddenly thinking of him as a soft person. He was tough, wanted to be friends with her, but tough!

Her face looked horribly forced, and the wince that she produced only confirmed his suspicions. It was getting worse by every minute. His view of Eri was pretty much the same. Stubborn, predictable and totally different from himself.

As she suggested to try some spell, he was about to smack some sense in her. This time, for real.
"You already know my answer, so why ask?" he sighed and frowned again. Deeming that she was too slow, he had an idea. Either she could wince in there for a long long time making him even more impatient than what he usually was, or he could totally carry her. Against her will of course, since she would probably prefer not to undergo the humiliation of someone carrying you around like a kid.

"Hold on, literally. You're too slow." he said in a cold voice before walking behind her back, wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her in the air like a kid.
"This is much more convenient. You're pretty light compared to my siblings." he said simply. He was able to lift some heavier things because of A) either carrying his siblings everywhere or B) throwing opponents around in judo, even if it was just momentary and relied on the opponent's own movements.

"Hey, I didn't say you were nice. Just a bit nicer than before." She sighed. He looked annoyed. Was she to slow? Probably.  She kept on going. She would not let him carry her. "Just thought it was worth the try." She frowned in pain. Yeah, she knew he would say no. That much was clear.

Eri was hoping they would get there soon she was in a lot of pain, but this was as fast as she could go. She sighed and hoped he would be patient. Which she knew probably wouldn't happen. Anyways she kept her hopes up.

"I'm too slow? Hold on to what?" She frowned as he picked her up. She told him she could walk. She didn't want to be carried. "Please, put me down. I don't want to be carried." She protested but he already kept going. She was light compared to his siblings. That was good. She guessed, but that still didn't give him permission to carry her against her will. This was wrong he had done something against her will. "Oh forget it. You aren't going to put me down now, are you?" She asked frowning at him as he carried her.

Back