Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

My Secret is Your Secret  PV   Finished 

Amadea began to feel a bit uncomfortable as Ami and Kyden debated whether or not to get into trouble. Amadea herself didn't want to do anything that might warrant a detention, but she also didn't want to wimp out of an adventure. Thankfully, Kyden shut down any antics and began walking again.

Amadea followed, listening as Ami talked about Howlers. She had never seen one in person, but had heard about them. Personally, Amadea thought they were terrifying. Imagine a letter coming to you and opening it just to find it screeching at you in front of whomever you opened the letter with. She made a mental note to open all letters she received in private, just in case it might be a Howler. She liked to stay in the background and not draw attention to herself; if she opened a Howler in the Great Hall, it would definitely draw a lot of attention to her.

Amadea smiled at Kyden's joke. She glanced toward Ami, who, thankfully was no longer holding a knife. She must have put it away. That was definitely a good thing. They stopped in the middle of a passageway and Kyden tapped on the wall, asking the two girls if they knew how to open it.

"Personally, I have no idea," Amadea said. "Do you just push it?"

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

"Howler, yes, that's right," Ami said absent-mindedly. "I'll have to remember that." Spoiler alert: she most definitely wouldn't. Remembering things wasn't exactly a tool in Ami's skill set- quite the opposite, really. Sure, she could infer tons of things just by looking at someone, but that didn't mean she'd actually remember them.

Kyden stopped rather suddenly at a section of wall, tapping it, explaining that they were at the Great Hall already. "Anyone want to take guesses on how to open it?"

Ami raised her hand as if she were in a real classroom, instead of a dark tunnel. "Personally, I have no idea. Do you just push it?" Amadea asked, quite logically. Ami, still being hyped up on sugar and the excitement of being in a secret passageway, said, "I bet you have to do some fancy-schmancy spell or something. Or you can, like, tickle it...?" She trailed off as she realized that didn't quite make any sense- although, one could gain access to the Kitchens by tickling the pear... "Or you can kick it, I guess." As if to demonstrate, Ami lifted up her foot and side-kicked the wall to no avail. "Frick! I really thought that would work," Ami sighed.

esse quam videri
STA: 2 | AGI: 4 | STR: 7 | CTL: 6 | ArcP: 4 | ACC: 7

Kyden laughed. "Kicking it definitely will not work. However this will." Kyden set out tapping a rhythm on the wall. Suddenly the wall slid open revealing to the two Hufflepuff girls that they were now right by the Great Hall. 

Kyden looked around seeing that nobody was there and smiled. "Personally I was going to take us up to the Astronomy Tower it would have been a way better. It takes longer and there is more exciting things to see of course. Also going down into the dungeons down towards Slytherin is simply awesome."

He stood and looked at the girls. "So then tell me what is Hufflepuff like. You tell me then I will tell you what Slytherin is like. And as for the Prefect's Bathroom it's awesome. The bath is as huge as a pool seriously!" He smiled remembering his first experience in that bathroom he was simply in awe. Matter of fact he had met the Hufflepuff's boy Prefect that day.

He watched the two girls look around and he smiled. He looked around and knew he had time to show them a little bit more if they felt up to. "So if your up for I can take you on a bit more of an adventure."

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

Amadea watched as Ami forcefully slammed her foot into the wall, hoping it would move. Unfortunately, the only thing that moved was Ami. Amadea hoped her foot was okay, they couldn't continue adventuring if one of them was injured. 

Amadea tried to remember the rhythm as Kyden tapped it out on the wall. If she ever came down her by herself, which she was becoming more and more inclined to do, she would need to know how to get out so she wouldn't be trapped forever. 

They all looked out into the Great Hall. No one was in it because it wasn't a mealtime, so Amadea could hear their voices echoing around. It was kind of cool, she had to admit. As Kyden went on about all of the places that he could take them, Amadea grew less nervous about being in trouble and more excited for what could happen next. 

"Let's go somewhere!" Amadea exclaimed. "Somewhere exciting!" She just wanted to keep exploring now that she knew about these passageways. 

As Kyden asked about what being a Hufflepuff was like, Amadea thought hard about it. She really did love being a Hufflepuff, she had to admit. Even though she didn't like stereotyping, all of the Hufflepuffs she had interacted with were very nice and friendly. She told him this, wondering if being a Slytherin could be that much different. 

A human. Being.

"Kicking it definitely will not work. However this will."
Kyden then proceeded to tap out a rhythm on the wall, and it slid open, revealing the empty space just outside Great Hall. Ami whistled appreciatively. "Woah. Neat-o," she smiled, grinning at Kyden. "Almost makes up for the loss of my soda."

"So then tell me what is Hufflepuff like.
Ami paused, tapping her chin as she thought. Really, what was Hufflepuff like? It was busy and bustling, calm and quiet- tight-nit and supportive, yet huge and disconnected. Hufflepuff was... Hufflepuff was a lot of different things. "It's like being in a giant family," Ami said quietly, glancing at Amadea and smiling widely. "Everyone has their differences, their flaws, their faults... but at the end of the day, we're still family."

"So if you're up for I can take you on a bit more of an adventure." "Let's go somewhere! Somewhere exciting!"
Ami nodded in agreement, her hair bouncing. "Where should we go, Toto?" she said innocently, hooking her arm through Kyden's, and wrapping her arm around Amadea's shoulders. "Shall we go see the wizard?" While she didn't know who the 'wizard' would entail, exactly, she was just as ready for something new as the other two students were.

esse quam videri

Kyden was excited that both girls wanted to continue on the adventures. He loved just exploring. It was a great way to pass time. It was a cool way to stay out of the way of others. So it was settled they would keep exploring. Kyden led the two Hufflepuffs back inside the secret passageway sealing the door behind them. 

"Alright then it's settled lets go this way." Kyden didn't tell the girls where he was taking them. He wanted it to be a surprise. He set of down through the secret passageway with the two girls in tow. Suddenly he stopped in his tracks. He scanned the passageway and took a step forward. He had caught sight of something he never noticed before.

"Guys look! I never noticed this before! This wall isn't a wall! It's a curtain! Lets go this way!" He turned around to look at the girls and to decided a new path to take. Of course being adventurous and curious he wanted to go explore where the new passageway led to. However he also had to remember that he was not by himself. He was in the company of 2 Hufflepuffs. Everyone had to be in agreement in what to do.

Amadea stepped back into the passageways with a wave of excitement. She had never been here before but she still was interested in exploring more. Now that she was assured that they wouldn't get into trouble for this, she was up for anything. 

This time, Kyden picked their destination, and it seemed as though he was choosing to keep it a secret from her. Ami came up and linked her arms with the both of them, making a reference to The Wizard of Oz. A smile spread across Amadea's lips as she heard it; her fellow Hufflepuff could think of any references quite quickly on the spot. 

After they had walked through many twists and turns of the passageways, they came to an abrupt halt in front of what looked like a wall. According to Kyden, however, it wasn't. As he pushed back the curtain, the wall disappeared and revealed another passageway. Amadea wondered where it went. She was also now a little bit scared. If Kyden hadn't been down this path before, that meant none of them knew what to expect. There could be anything. After all, Hogwarts was magical. 

Taking a deep breath, Amadea began to follow him. "Alright," she said. "Let's go wayfaring." 

A human. Being.

Interesting. A wall that was, in reality, a curtain. Ami adopted a skeptical expression, dubious of what was behind the wall/curtain- it wasn't exactly the best "secret entrance", in her harshly honest opinion, but that was okay. Not everyone dreamed of sliding TARDIS doors with dry ice smoke teeming out the seams as a "secret entrance". "Let's go wayfaring, indeed," Ami said quietly, echoing Amadea's words, and she followed the other two through the curtain into a new passage that Kyden apparently had never seen or ventured down before. 

This one, this passage, it seemed older; the stone walls of the tunnel were corroded with age, and the floor was made of only dirt. "Huh. I wonder where this one leads," Ami mumbled, trailing her fingers along the stone walls absent-mindedly. Suddenly, she jerked them backward in surprise, nearly dropping her torch. "The wall's wet!" she exclaimed in surprise, using her torch to cast light upon her fingers, and indeed, they were lined with glistening water. "Ky, where are we, exactly?" she asked, looking all around them. They'd just come from the Great Hall; why would there be water leaking from the ceiling? Were they directly under a bathroom, of some sorts?

esse quam videri

Kyden looked around at the wet walls. He stood silently and listened. He could tell they were by a bathroom. He tried to think about how far they walked and wait was around. Suddenly he knew exactly where they were and he was so excited.

"Guys GUYS I know where we are. We are by the abandoned bathrooms you know the ones that Moaning Myrtle haunts!!!! This is amazing! This means we are on track to find the library and I have been searching for a secret passage way to get me to the library from the basement for ages. You have no idea how thrilled I am lets go."

Kyden wasn't scared by finding anything in the tunnels. He had been assured by a professor that all the secret passageways were safe. At least now they were. Once upon a time however that was a different story. Knowing that he could explore in safety made exploring even more exciting for Kyden. The girls may think he was a nerd for wanting to find a way to the library but in all fairness having to walk everywhere from all they down in the basement was not very fun at all. In fact it was very tiring.

Amadea pressed her fingertips against the wall, wondering where it was coming from. Just as her hand made contact with a droplet, she realized this probably wasn't the best idea. The water could be coming from anywhere and Amadea didn't even know if it was clean or not. That was a disgusting thought. She immediately drew back, stepping back toward the other two students. She held her torch next to Ami's, illuminating the tear streaked walls. She was definitely curious as to where it was coming from. 

Kyden's voice made Amadea jump with surprise as it echoed around them in the passageway. She looked down, slightly embarrassed; she just wasn't expecting such a loud sound coming from him. As he explained where they were, it all began to make sense to Amadea. The library. The bathrooms. She wrinkled her nose, remembering how the water had touched her skin. She would definitely not be touching anything anytime soon. Discreetly, she rubbed her finger against her robe as if to rid it of all of the germs. It probably didn't do much good, but it did reassure her. 

"That's so cool!" Amadea exclaimed. Then a thought occured to her. "Is using the secret passageways to get places quicker than going through the corridors?" she asked. Thinking out loud, she continued, "Like, would it be quicker to get from the Hufflepuff common room to the library through here? If so, I'm definitely going to use these passageways more, if that's okay with you at least. Then I don't have to drag all of my books through the corridors and I can quickly get back to the common room through here." She glanced at Kyden. She hoped that he would confirm that it was quicker, but mostly she hoped he was okay with her coming through here. She would understand if he didn't. After all, it was his place and he was the one that had discovered this all. If he didn't want other people down here, she would respect that. Plus, Amadea knew she would probably get lost in all of these tunnels. She would definitely need to draw a map if she decided to come down here more often. 

A human. Being.

Ami bit back a scream as Kyden explained that they were by the infamous Moaning Myrtle's bathroom and that they were on track to reach the Library. So that was where the water was coming from. Gross... I think? Examining the water on her fingertips, Ami wondered if they had any magical properties since they came from a ghost's territory. Did ghosts have the power to imbue items with magical properties? An interesting question she'd have to ask a professor; but right now, her main priorities were Amadea, Kyden, and the tunnel.
"Is using the secret passageways to get places quicker than going through the corridors?"
Hmm. Well done, Amadea; a fabulous question, Ami thought to herself idly. Was it faster, indeed? In some cases, it might be, but in others, it might not, depending on the architecture of the school and the way the hidden passageways worked- right? Besides, secret passageways were a good place to hide away from society, when she needed some alone time. Really, even at this size, the castle couldn't be big enough...

As the trio continued along the seemingly endless passageway, Ami piped up, saying, "I'm bored. Ky, truth or dare?" If they had been right by the Great Hall, they'd have to walk up three or four (she couldn't remember) floors in order to reach the Library; and sure enough, the passageway was slowly sloping upwards.

Reducio
Approved god-modding:
If Kyden picks truth:
Reducio
Ami asks, "Whom do you like better, Professor Cazarez or Professor Wright?"

If Kyden picks dare:
Reducio
Ami says, "I dare you to lick the wall."

esse quam videri

Kyden thought about it. He decided to go with truth. "Umm truth. I like both of them equally really. I love Professor Wright for certain reasons such as she loves Herbology just like I do.  As for Professor Cazarez, well truthfully I wasn't very sure about him at first but I have grown to love him."

He continued walking in the passageway and stopped abruptly. They should be right by the library now. All he had to do was successfully figure out how to open the entrance/exit. He thought for a moment about all the things he had tried in the passed. He was glad to see the walls were now dry. He knelt down on the floor.

"Okay so yes it is actually a lot faster using the passageways. Just for the simple fact that the passageways do not move like the stairs and hallways do. In here everything stays the same." He became quite and looked up at both of the Hufflepuff girls. He wasn't sure how he felt about others using the passageways. However he knew it would be extremely selfish of himself to say no.

"I never really thought about it before. The people I have brought down didn't really care as much as you guys. However I can make a deal with the 2 of you. You have to promise me 2 things. The first is if you find any new exits/entrances or passageways you have to tell me right away. The second is you don't bring anybody else down here without asking me first. This place is my getaway. My hideout. I don't want a bunch of people using it because then it wouldn't be that anymore."

He looked at both girls seriously with begging eyes then turned back to the wall. He felt something click at the bottom of the wall. "AHA!" He pushed in again and the wall started to raise up. There in front of them was the library. He had done it! He quickly closed the wall and looked at the girls. 

"I don't want to stand with the passageway open and chance others seeing it. Anyways I think it's time we head back."

Amadea walked silently as Ami and Kyden talked about professors and the passageways. After a little bit of walking, they finally reached a passage that was no longer dripping with water. Even if it was clean, Amadea was still quite disgusted. She wasn't germaphobic, but that didn't mean she couldn't appreciate being clean. 

Suddenly, Kyden stopped abruptly and Amadea skidded to a halt, trying not to crash into his back. After righting herself from the near collision, she watched as he clicked the wall back and revealed the  library. The passageways were very cool, and it was definitely a big help that they didn't change places like the stairs did. That would make things a lot more confusing and Amadea would definitely get lost. Fortunately, she didn't have to worry about that! 

She listened while he recited the rules of coming down into the passageways. "I can promise that," she said. "It's not like I have many friends to bring down here," she joked. It was true, though. Her only friends were that Ravenclaw that pushed her into the Great Lake, and the two students she was exploring with right now. She just hoped they thought of her the same way. It would be a little bit more than awkward if they didn't. 

"So by any chance, do you think you could help me draw a map of these passageways?" Amadea asked Kyden. She wouldn't be bale to get around here for a while without a map; she didn't have the best sense of direction. But she would risk getting lost for the quicker journey through the castle. 

A human. Being.

Ami nodded her head in agreement as Kyden recited his rules of the his passageway, and echoed her promise after Amadea's. "I promise," Ami said sincerely, and with a smirk, added, "How could I possibly say no to puppy-dog eyes, Ky?" She was glad to hear that Kyden used it as a hideaway- maybe he'd let her use it as her own as well. She'd ask another day, however; now, they'd reached the Library.

Kyden closed the entrance to the Library just as quickly as he'd opened it, explaining that it was probably time for the three of them to start heading back, presumably before anyone noticed that they were gone. Ami nodded in agreement (after all, prefects were supposed to be logical), and let her torch cast light out on the path in front of them. She nodded along in agreement with Amadea's request for a map, chiming in, "That would be super helpful, m'dude. Y'know, just in case we ever wanted to come down here again, or something." 

Tugging on her hair nervously, Ami trailed behind the other two as they continued back down the passageway to their first entrance. Slowly at every turn, every fork they took, she tried to remember which way they were going, to no avail. As soon as they hit a new turn, she forgot the old ones. Yes, a map certainly would be helpful.

esse quam videri

Kyden took the lead in leading their small group to the entrance exit that let out in the second floor corridor. If it wasn't for the torches none of them would be able to see a thing. Kyden had once made the mistake of going into the passageways with no light and it was pitch black.

"A map. Well I already have a map that I have drawn. I just need to up date it but I can draw you guys copies no problem. Again just as long as you don't show anybody. Like I said I come down here as an escape from people. Of course you guys can to now if you want."

He knew of a little room that he kept some books in and he wondered if he should take the time to show the Hufflepuff girls or if maybe he should save it for another day. He decided not to tell them about it. Maybe it was he wanted to show them later. However the likely reason was he wanted to keep at least one secret to himself. He had shown them more than he had ever shown anyone. Kyden just really hoped he hadn't made a mistake in trusting them.

Back