Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

My Secret is Your Secret  PV   Finished 

Kyden had thought long and hard after the night he spent up on the Astronomy tower with the two Hufflepuffs. He finally had decided them that showing them his secret might not be such a bad idea. He just hoped he could trust them. Ami seemed like she needed friends and he hoped that by doing this he could earn her trust. He wanted to be friends with the two Hufflepuff girls.

He stood in the second floor corridor waiting for the girls to show up. He had gotten a note to the each of them telling them a time and a place to meet him. He leaned against the wall just waiting. He thought back to the night they had spent up in the Astronomy Tower. He shivered thinking of that bloodcurdling scream Ami had let out. If he ever had to here that again it would be to soon. 

Amadea was a wonderful girl. She was really nice and friendly and he liked that about her. Ami was very pretty. Well truthfully both girls were. They looked as if they two of them could be twins. He wished they would pursue looking into the possibility of the two of them being related but both Ami and Amadea thought it was neither here nor there so Kyden let it go.

Kyden sank down to sit on the floor of the corridor waiting for the girls. He was starting to become giddy. He hadn't reallly made friends with any Hufflepuffs yet and this could be a deciding factor in befriend the two Hufflepuff girls.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

When Ami had received Kyden's note, originally, she dismissed it as a cruel prank, that the Slytherin was only messing with her. But then, well, she wasn't exactly going to be doing anything tonight, was she? She might as well stop by the hallway- goddamn, not hallway, corridors. Stupid British terms. She might as well stop by the corridors to see what was up.

"Hey, Kyden," Ami called out to the Slytherin sitting on the ground as she rounded the corner. "What's up?" The artificially flavored carbonated water (or, in layman's terms, soda) in Ami's cup had her giddy and hyper, so consequently, her stutter was gone and she was bolder than usual. Of course, that meant her senses were on high alert as well, and she jumped and yelped when one of the suits of armor moved. Dropping her cup (the cup bouncing slightly, and then shattering, sticking soda spilling everywhere), she pulled out a knife from her robes and threw it at the suit, the knife slicing straight through the metal right where the heart would be.

"Ah crap..." she mumbled, retrieving her knife and staring morosely at the mess on the ground. "Screw me... sorry. I'm a mess," she groaned, waving the apology in Kyden's direction.

esse quam videri
STA: 2 | AGI: 4 | STR: 7 | CTL: 6 | ArcP: 4 | ACC: 7

In all honesty, Amadea had been quite surprised that Kyden had reached out again. Not that she was unhappy that he had. She held the note in her hand as she hurried through the corridors, trying to find where they had planned to meet up. She wondered what he wanted to talk about.

She continued down the corridor, wondering where on earth the other two students could be, when she suddenly heard a crash, a scream, and some kind of metal clashing on metal. Amadea knew that scream anywhere as she had become quite accustomed to it. It was definitely Ami.

She raced down to the end of the corridor, bolting around the corner and running straight into Kyden. "Oh!" she exclaimed as she fell backward. "Sorry, didn't see you there! Are you okay?"

She then turned to Ami who was holding a knife in her hand with shattered glass surrounding her. Amadea felt some de ja vu, remembering the first encounter she had with Ami in the trophy room. Hopefully they could fix this without the help of Lucy's magic this time.

"What happened?" Amadea asked incredulously. She looked past Ami to where one of the suits of armor had a slice through it. That must have been Ami's knife. "Let's clean this up, I guess?" she asked.

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

Kyden jumped when Ami threw her knife. He wasn't going to say something but he was a Prefect after all and he needed to make sure people were abiding by the rules. "Are you insane! You are not supposed to have knives and things!!! Why the heck would you even do that?" He was extremely surprised although he shouldn't be Ami never ceased to amaze him and scare the crap out of him at the same time.

Kyden saw Amadea and heard her say they should clean it up. He pointed his wand at the mess and said "Scourgify." The mess of glass and sticky soda was cleaned up. "Okay then now that we are done murdering not alive suits of armor I have something to show you guys."

He walked to the torch that was to the right of the Knight that Ami threw the knife at and took it down. He turned to Amadea. "Hold this." Once he had handed it to her he turned back to the new torch that had showed up in its place and pulled it down. When he did this a hole opened up in the wall. He stepped into after taking the torch back from Amadea. He turned towards the two Hufflepuff girls. "Come on follow me."

Ami raised an eyebrow. "We're not supposed to have knives?" she asked incredulously, putting her knife away, back into her robes. "But we have wands! I'm pretty sure a wand can do more damage than a knife," she pointed out, crossing her arms over her chest stubbornly. "Wands are sharp and pokey, too. Plus, they can do really harmful spells. I say that knives are allowed if wands are allowed."

She shook her head in amazement as Kyden cleaned up her mess in a matter of seconds. "Dude, that's amazing. I really need to learn that spell, considering how much of a mess I am all the time." In her head, she filed scourgify away into her Things to Look Into category, filled with odds and ends. Yes, that would certainly be a spell she needed to learn.

Raising her eyebrows in surprise and shooting Amadea a what the heck type of look, Ami slowly, cautiously followed after Kyden. "Hey, Ky...? Yeah, you know what, I'm gonna call you Ky now. Kyden's too formal and uptight- I think Ky fits you better," Ami said decidedly. "You don't get to argue."

"So, um, Ky... where are we going, exactly?" Ami asked hesitantly, glancing back to the safety of the corridors.

esse quam videri

Amadea laughed as Ami's eyes widened with incredulousness as she stared at the knife in her hand. Amadea thought it was common knowledge that weapons weren't allowed unless they were being given out in a class or something like that, but apparently it wasn't. Anyway, it was Ami. Assumptions could never be made with her exuberant Hufflepuff friend. She laughed again as Ami described wands as "sharp and pokey."

"What an interesting description," Amadea said, amused. "Sharp and pokey were definitely not the first words I would have used to describe my wand, but fair point. Wands can do a lot of damage. But we don't know many spells yet since we're only first years." She must have spoken too soon, as Kyden immediately pointed his wand at the mess, commanded "Scourgify" and the mess vanished. Amadea was impressed. A lot of the witches and wizards she had encountered were wonderful wielders of their wands, but it never failed to amaze Amadea when she saw magic in action. She herself was too timid and unsure of her skills to cast any spells, even though she did know a few. Though none of them would have been helpful in this situation. She was glad Kyden knew what to do; it spared her from embarrassment.

Kyden then grabbed a torch off of the wall and handed it to Amadea, who took it, surprised. He opened a hole in the wall, turning back and telling the two girls to follow him. Amadea, wide eyed, looked toward Ami who was staring back at her with the same expression. Ami voiced the question Amadea was wondering.

"Yes, Kyden....Ky, where are we going?" Amadea asked, deciding she'd go along with Ami's new nickname. "Are you sure this is allowed?" As she asked, she figured it was a stupid question. Kyden was a prefect after all, and she was sure he wouldn't do anything to harm his title or get anyone in trouble, but this whole situation seemed sketchy to Amadea so she wanted to be sure.

A human. Being.

"Firstly yes you guys can call me Ky. Secondly if you ladies would do you're homework you would know how to properly do the Cleaning spell. Professor Cazarez just taught us it. Thirdly it is a secret passageway and I have been in here several times. This is one of about 10 that I have found. Now follow me." 

He turned back to look at the two girls who were hesitating. "If it makes you feel comfortable grab your own torches a new one always pops back in place of the one you just took out. But please hurry up before somebody else sees us. I don't want a bunch of people finding out about these secret passageways after all they wouldn't be secret then now would they."

He stood patiently waiting for the two Hufflepuff girls. Once they were all inside the passageway Kyden sealed it back up. He wasn't exactly sure where he wanted to take them now so he decided to ask. "Okay girls, pick a place any place inside the castle and then follow me." He stood waiting for the girls to answer. He looked around his passageway. 

Once they got walking the girls would be able to see that he came in here quite often. He even had books hidden in here to read. He had found this passageway by chance one day before he had become a prefect. He was running from some tormentors and stumbled upon it.

"Secondly if you ladies would do your homework you would know how to properly do the Cleaning spell. Professor Cazarez just taught us it."
Ami crinkled her nose. "Ew, homework. Also, Ky, Professor Cazarez teaches History of Magic, not Charms." She laughed lightly at Kyden's mistake, nudging him with her elbow gently. "I guess all those responsibilities and such are getting all muddled up in that genius head of yours, huh?"

As the trio continued down the passageway, Ami grew increasingly worried that she'd never live to see the sun again. "Ky... are you sure this passageway is safe?" she asked warily, glancing nervously at the dubious walls and ceilings. "Where are we going, anyway?" She swung her torch in an arc around herself, casting shadows across the walls. 

The one thing she didn't do was ask how he found the passageway. Prefects generally didn't go intentionally seeking for hidden corridors that ran through the school, so Ami presumed there was a different, more personal reason as to why he found it. Or, of course, it could've been completely by accident- but somehow, she doubted that, deciding Kyden most likely would've reported it to a teacher, if that were the case.

esse quam videri

He smiled at Ami. She thought he had made a mistake. The truth was he really had meant Professor Cazarez. "Yes I know he does and Professor Cazarez is exactly who I met. In History of Magic we learned about the Soap Blizzard of 1378. He taught us the Scourgify spell so that in class we could make our own Soap Blizzard. It was Epic really."

He stopped walking and looked at the two girls. "Well where we go is up to you Ami and Amadea. Pick a place. Any place. Well any place in the castle and after you pick just follow me." He could sense both the girls' hesitation and he could understand why. Truthfully however Kyden would never hurt a fly. He also knew all the passageways he had found like the back of his hand. He didn't show them to anybody until he was certain where they went to and that they were safe.

"Come on guys. Trust me this passageway is 100% safe. I wouldn't bring you guys to your death. I may be a Slytherin but I am not that deceiving. Come on don't you trust me?" He turned again looking at the girls and waited for an answer.

Amadea smiled at the two students as they talked. She was glad the noise of their conversation was distracting, otherwise she would be too busy panicking about being in these tunnels. She knew Kyden knew what he was doing, but it still freaked her out. She didn't want to get lost and be trapped here forever.

"Oh that's cool," Amadea commented. "I haven't gotten to that lesson yet...maybe my class just hasn't done it yet." As she talked, she swung her torch around from side to side like Ami, trying to see as much as she possibly could. She wondered how often Kyden came here, and if anyone else had discovered these passageways. It certainly would be a surprise if they ran into another student.

"Where do you want to go, Ami?" Amadea asked, leaving the choice up to her. Amadea wasn't the greatest at making choices, even not very important ones like these so she decided to let the other girl choose. Plus, she had no particular place she had an urge to visit through the passageways anyway. "And don't worry Kyden," she added. "I trust you." She couldn't say she didn't. After all, he had taught her how to fly without letting her crash.

A human. Being.

"Where do you want to go, Ami?"
Ami paused to think, tapping her chin thoughtfully. She'd been to most of the places in the castle, and the other houses' common rooms were presumably out-of-bounds. Besides, intruding upon their privacy was pretty rude- although she did want to see the Slytherin common room at some point during her schooling here. A common room under the lake! How amazing would that be? "I don't know," she admitted. "I've always wanted to go to the Room of Requirement, though. I heard about it from my mom, she said its the best place in the entire school. Ky, do you think you can get us there?" She tapped the walls, letting the sound echo through the chamber.

Ami skipped ahead, then looped back in the thin tunnel, falling behind, then running up to the other two as they walked, trying to burn off energy. Running ahead, she tumbled herself into a cartwheel, managing not to fall on her head and actually pull off a decent cartwheel. She popped up, pumping a fist in the air. "Whoo-hoo! Look at that! I don't suck at something!" she laughed, waiting for the other two students to catch up with her.

esse quam videri

Kyden couldn't help but laugh when Ami asked him to get them into the Room of Requirment. "Hello I am a Prefect! I can't get you into off limit places! I am not trying to get my badge revoked! Anyways I am sure I could find a passageway that leads into a room but so far I have only found ones that let out right outside of them. Like I can take you to right out side the entrance to Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor, or by the Great Hall. I also can get to the Prefect Bathroom but I can't let you guys in there. I wish I could its freaking amazing!"

Kyden stopped talking and looked at the girls. He suddenly wasn't so sure about showing them the passageway. Well he didn't mind showing Amadea but now that he couldn't get Ami into where she wanted he was sure she wouldn't think this was so cool after all. "So then anywhere that we wont get into trouble for going. Where should we go?"

He leaned against the wall and smiled. He wasn't going to let the fact that he suddenly felt like this was a bad idea get to him. He wanted to impress the girls. Why though he wasn't exactly sure.

As Ami suggested the Room of Requirement, Amadea was slightly puzzled. She had never heard of it before, but she wasn't about to tell the two that. She didn't want to seem dumb in front of them, and she could just look it up in the library later on. She filed the name in the back of her brain as Kyden went on about how he didn't want to get his badge revoked. Amadea wondered why the Room of Requirement was off-limits. What could be inside of it that they weren't supposed to see? The name itself filled Amadea with questions. Maybe it was the alliteration, but something about it intrigued her.

She realized she was spacing out and Kyden was still looking at her wondering where she wanted to go. "The Prefects get a special bathroom?" she asked, catching the last part of what he had said. That was interesting. She wondered how fancy they were or if they had special toilets or something.

"Why don't we go to the Great Hall or something?" Amadea asked. "Anything that doesn't involve getting in trouble." She laughed nervously. She hoped that the others didn't think she was a wimp for not wanting to get in trouble.

A human. Being.

Ami crinkled her nose in surprise when Kyden mentioned that the Room of Requirement was off-limits. "Wait, what? B- b- but..." she trailed off, looking crestfallen. "My mom was a Slytherin Head Girl!" she wailed in mock-despair. "She broke the rules?" Ami adopted a look of resignation. "I suppose I'll have to deal with her over summer break. Boy, is she going to get a scolding! Maybe I can send her one of those Yeller thingies..." Ami crinkled her nose again. "Nope. It's not called a Yeller, is it? What is it?"

"Why don't we go to the Great Hall?" Amadea suggested, and Ami nodded vigorously in agreement. It was definitely a better suggestion than hers, and she said so. "Yeah, that's probably a much better idea than my rule-breaking one. We can go there- wait, is there anyone in there? What time is it?" She looked down at her watch, and pretended to wipe sweat away from her forehead in relief. "Nope. Not lunch. Okay, we're good to go, then. To the Great Hall!" 

Ami proceeded to walk forward, then froze when she realized she didn't know where they were going. "Okay, Ky, you lead the way," she suggested, somewhat sheepishly.

esse quam videri

"Howler.....it's called a Howler," He said before starting to walk. Then he stopped. Turning to look at Ami he spoke again, "I am sure there has been lots of Prefects and Head Girls and Boys that have broken the rules. However I am just not one of them. I take my job seriously." 

He turned away from the girls and turned to the left walking through the passageway. The Great Hall was actually pretty easy to get to. It wasn't far in the passageway at all. He smiled to himself remembering when he had let a Gryffindor boy into the passageway and all the way to right outside the Gryffindor common room. The poor boy was so scared. Kyden laughed at the thought.

"Okay so the Great Hall is straight ahead its not very far. We let out right behind a suit of armor and yes Ami it moves so please for the love of god don't try and kill it okay." He turned to look at the girls and smiles. He was making a joke. He kind of had to hanging around Ami. She always seemed to surprise him when he least expected. He stopped walking and stood next to what seemed like just a wall. "Anyone want to take guesses on how to open it?"

Back