Corridors

Register
Sign in

Can You Patch a Broken Relationship?  Closed 

Ami stumbled out of the abandoned toilets, barely alive. She'd taken a wrong turn, and not realizing that this was not, in fact, the girl's bathroom, she nearly lost her lunch after trying to find her way out. Her arms and hands trembling, Ami shuffled through the corridors at a lethal pace, trying to banish the horrors of abandoned metal from her mind. Of course, as she wasn't the best multitasker, this meant that Ami wasn't looking where she was going.

She collided with one of the metal suits of armor lining the corridors, hitting her head, and dropping all of her things. Her tin pencil case clattered open, spilling a wide variety of gel pens, mechanical pencils, and various shades of fluorescent highlighters, and her notebooks, textbooks, and assorted miscellaneous papers all fluttered to the ground.

Rubbing her forehead and nursing her dignity, Ami looked around, praying that she was alone and that no one had witnessed her epic fail. To her surprise, there was no one, until she heard footsteps rounding the corner. Ami's eyes widened as the boy she'd been avoiding- no, praying she wouldn't see- no, hoping she'd be able to talk to him again- no, there really weren't words to describe the way Ami felt about Asher Lundell. She did know, however, that she did not want him to see her like this.
Last edited by Ami Procoppio on 1st May 2018, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

esse quam videri
STA: 2 | AGI: 4 | STR: 7 | CTL: 6 | ArcP: 4 | ACC: 7

In the meantime, Asher was returning from Muggle Studies. He'd done well in class today, and listened through the lecture. They didn't get far into the reading yet, which was disappointing. He was looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about, and learning what it was that made his father so fascinated with their world. However, he had some trouble freeing himself from the room, as he had a few questions for the professor regarding his O.W.L.
Due to this delay, by the time he got out and into the corridor, the hallways were barren. Or so he thought. He was startled by a clatter somewhere in the hall, disrupting the silence of the hall. With a raised brow, he decided to detour, to see what the racket was about, even though he new better than to let curiosity get the better of him.
On the floor, were scattered supplies, a hodgepodge of colors and parchment. A pen rolls and taps the tip of his foot, so he bends at the hip to pick it up. In doing so, while he's straightening his back out and raising his head up, he locks eyes with the very source of the commotion. The girl he met in the rehearsal room, who he harbored some pretty conflicting feelings for, and who managed to get a breakdown out of him, was sat on the ground like a deer in the headlights as her fingers curved around a bundle of pencils.
While concerned that she'll bark at him to get out of her face or something along the lines of rejection, even he can see what she needs help, and quick, considering it'll be lunchtime before too much longer, and hell, maybe he even missed her. He worries the pen between his pale digits, taking reluctant steps toward her until he's right by her side.
It is then that he drops himself down to her level, perched on his knees, and starts to collect the items she lost. He breaks the ice not too much longer after that, "It's alright. It happens to the best of us. I watched a Slytherin kid carrying a bunch bulbadox powder try to get into our common room the other day. He got sprayed with vinegar, and doused in bulbadox. Granted, I think that classifies him as not being the best of us, but--" He prattled on, with obvious nerves.

~Lundell~

Although it was barely noticeable, Ami flinched as Asher walked over, wielding her pen between his fingers, and her eyes widened as he knelt down and helped her pick up her materials. He decided to talk first, rambling on about some Slytherin who'd dropped his things... so he was nervous, too. Ami felt her hands shaking and she hurriedly tried to stuff all of her writing instruments back into the tin, all facing the same way. Why was he helping her? To mock her? He'd made it pretty clear when she'd last seen him- it was a one-time thing. They weren't friends. After all, he was the cause of the bandage wrapped around her arm... but enough about that.

"Thank you," Ami said quietly, tucking her hair behind her ears. "You didn't have to. I would've been fine." Lie. She would've collapsed into a mess- correction, more of a mess. But her tone simply screamed, What the bloody hell are you doing, Asher? and her body language portrayed the same thing- back hunched over as if she was trying to make herself as small as possible. "You should get to lunch," she added. "You'll be late- you might not get the chance to eat."

esse quam videri

"I was raised to take care of the people I care about." He recites, stacking and packing away her notebooks and stray papers. The pile diminishes, and at last, has been sorted out in a very organized, almost OCD manner for easier carrying.
Recalling her reaction to his presence not being a very positive one, he knew that it might be a good idea to get out of her hair. Even more so now that she's shoo-ing him off and looking at him like he's crazy for trying to help her. Coming to the conclusion that she must have taken what he said days prior to now the wrong way, he feels even worse about invading her personal space. "Look, I'm sorry for bothering you. I just thought you could use some help and honestly I've felt... awful, the past few days, because of the way I left things back in the rehearsal room."
He takes a deep breath, before continuing, slightly more gutsy this time, in that he's able to look at her instead of the floor, and with an expression of sincerity as well. "It's no excuse, and I apologize if I turned you away. I'm no good at making friends, and I tend to shut people out even if they're great as you are. But I think you already noticed that. I didn't mean to be offensive at all, and I don't think you aren't good enough. Quite the opposite really. But I'm rambling again. My point is, I'm sorry, and I don't think I deserve forgiveness, but I don't want to end this on a bad note."

~Lundell~

"I was raised to take care of the people I care about," Asher said firmly, and Ami raised her eyebrows at that. Okay, if that was how he wanted to play it, then sure, she'd play along. Still bitter at herself about how she'd managed to turn Asher away the other day, she tried to stay reserved and chose not to respond. "Look, I'm sorry for bothering you," Asher continued, to Ami's surprise. "I just thought you could use some help and honestly I've felt... awful, the past few days, because of the way I left things back in the rehearsal room. It's no excuse, and I apologize if I turned you away. I'm no good at making friends, and I tend to shut people out even if they're great as you are. But I think you already noticed that. I didn't mean to be offensive at all, and I don't think you aren't good enough. Quite the opposite really. But I'm rambling again. My point is, I'm sorry, and I don't think I deserve forgiveness, but I don't want to end this on a bad note."

Ami opened and closed her mouth in shock, her expression softening at Asher's words. Maybe there was a way to fix this after all. '...I don't think you're good enough. Quite the opposite really.' {OOC: Is that what you meant to say?} Hah. Probably a lie, but she'd ignore that for now. "I forgive you," Ami said quietly, gathering all of her things into her arms again. "God, of course, I forgive you." She shifted her school things in her arms, tucking her hair behind her ears again. "You should go to lunch. You have your family- and friends -waiting." She smiled thinly, turning to go back down to the common room to put all of her things away. She'd probably nick an apple or something from the kitchens and read in sweet solitude during the lunch period, not quite ready to face the social Great Hall during lunchtime.

Reducio
So, they can either part ways here, or we can continue and RP their lunch (or respective lunches, idk?). Your choice.

esse quam videri

Reducio
I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond. I was on hiatus. Personal problems I was, and am, sorting through even now. I'm a bit torn, because I'd hate for either of these poor children to have to feel like they're interrupting eachother's lunches. So maybe it'd be better to leave this here, since they've sort-of patched things up, and they can actually fix it some other time.

~Lundell~

Reducio
Alright, we can do a time-skip then?

esse quam videri