Corridors

Register
Sign in

An Accidental Encounter  PV Aurelia B.   Finished 

Lorelai roamed through the corridors on her way to lunch in the Great Hall. She was extra cautious to note every turn and twist, determined not to get lost. Earlier, when she tried to find breakfast, she made a faulty turn along the way somewhere and missed most of the meal. She never fancied being late, but she had a tendency to become distracted by other things. The castle was still new to her, and she hadn't been in such a large, and complex building before she got to Hogwarts. Almost every passage and hall seemed to look the same somehow. Alright, so I need to take a left, and then a right, and then...Wait what after that?

Lorelai sighed, she still couldn't comprehend the building at all. The hallways were empty, everyone had already gone to the Great Hall. She certainly needed to stop taking naps during the day, it never concluded favorably for her. Taking another turn, Lorelai sped up her pace. Why did I need to fall asleep? She mentally scolded herself, promising it wouldn't occur again, although she knew full well it almost certainly would.

Soon she could see a figure walking ahead of her, come into view. It seemed to be a student about her age. Since she was half lost it seemed like a good idea to walk alongside this girl, who frankly statistically had a better sense of direction than Lorelai possessed. She ran up to the girl, something she doubted she was supposed to do in the corridors. The dark haired girl slowed her pace after she caught up with the other girl. "Hey, do you mind if I walk with you to lunch?"

♥ Le plus grand faible des hommes, c'est l'amour qu'ils ont de la vie ♥

Aurelia was holding a map in her hand. She recieved it with her schedule of classes. She was a little late for the afternoon meal she took huge steps when walking. This was due to being held up by a teacher for coming to class late. If she got there late, almost all the delicious food would be gone.

The corridors were confusing even with a map. There were so many stretched of alleys and dead end that she might as well be in the bloomfest’s maze event. She hurried down another corridor as the map told her to. This was confusing.

Then a girl out of no where appeared out of no where behind her. It gave her a little scare.
Hey, do you mind if I walk with you to lunch?"
The girl had dark hair like her but with straight locks instead of wavy ones like hers. The girl was probably lost, but she didn’t have a map so it might have been troublesome for her.
“Sure,” Aurelia said with a warm smile. She walked down another stretch of corridor. The silence was getting awkward so Aurelia decided to break the ice.

“I’m Aurelia.” She introduced herself.

Lorelai was very pleased to find that the other girl wanted to make some conversation and that the girl wasn't going to simply abide her presence until she could isolate the girl again. That kind of people Lorelai wasn't too fond of. Well, she's certainly more astute than me. Why didn't I remember to bring a map? Truth be told the main cause was that she had misplaced her's the under a pile of homework in her dormitory, and she just couldn't be bothered to go probing for it. Lorelai most likely would rediscover it eventually. It just might take a minute or two.

"It's nice to meet you, Aurelia. My name is Lorelai."Lorelai noticed that the girl had a gold and scarlet scarf kindred to her own. "You're a Gryffindor as well? Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen you around in the common room or anything before. You're a first-year too, right?" Lorelai prompted, blowing a stray raven hair out of her face quite awkwardly.

It was definitely refreshing to have company roaming through the hallways. Not only did the girl have a much-needed map, but Lorelai felt a little less solitary ambulating through the eerily quiet Hogwarts corridors. They both continued to walk alongside each other at a comfortable but prompt pace.

The girl introduced herself as Lorelai. Aurelia smiled warmly.
You're a Gryffindor as well? Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen you around in the common room or anything before. You're a first-year too, right?
The girl said enthusiastically.

“Yeah. I am, I haven’t seen you around too...” Aurelia replied. She didn’t know Lorelai could tell. Then she realised she was wearing the red scarf around her neck, stylishly. The scarf was in the Gryffindor Color, every Gryfindor was passed one after the exhausting sorting ceremony. Lorelai also had one hung losely across her neck. Though Gryffindor, Aurelia too haven’t seen Lorelai around the gigantic hogwarts castle. Maybe it was because they took different classes.

“What class did you have previously?” She asked.

“I had transfiguration before this. The most boring class ever.” Aurelia groaned.

“The Proffesor made me stay back to talk to me for 10 minutes because I was late for just two! And now I’m starving.” She whined.

“Also, most of the delicious food would be gone by now. Just like how it did during breakfast. At the start, everybody would be peacefully eating, then the next moment, you’d see girls clawing at each other like vultures for the remaining crumbs of cake.” Aurelia laughed, remembering her experience in breakfast.

"At the start, everybody would be peacefully eating, then the next moment, you’d see girls clawing at each other like vultures for the remaining crumbs of cake.” Lorelai laughed along with the girl. This seemed pretty accurate, she had seen a lot of that sort of thing that morning when she had been late to breakfast. She was fortunate she got a piece of fruit by the time she got there. This was the sort of thing that motivated Lorelai to try and stop being late.

"Yeah, people definitely get rough when it comes to food. At this rate, we'll be pretty lucky if we get a sandwich or two."
Lorelai breathed, biting the inside of her mouth. She would have to get to dinner early so she could get something good. Her mouth watered at the thought of some pleasant chocolate cake or something along the lines of that. She had always been a sweet tooth, and it was something of a tragedy to her that she hadn't had anything sweet in a while. Lorelai adjusted her scarf around her neck, looking towards Aurelia. "Anyhow, why don't you tell me about yourself. What was your life like before you got to Hogwarts?"

Lorelai laughed at her joke. It was rare to see someone that got her jokes, she wasn’t a person to produce effective humour. She smiled, perhaps she found a good Friend.

Aurelia’s stomach grumbled she needed to find her way to dinner soon. She hoped that there was at least a spot or two for her and Lorelai to seat, she didn’t want to stand up eating, that would be awful and embarrassing too. Her map showed her that the great hall was just down and around the corner. They were almost there.
Anyhow, why don't you tell me about yourself. What was your life like before you got to Hogwarts?
Lorelai started. She thought for a moment. She lived quite a luxurious life before hogwarts, her wealthy parents would provide her everything she wanted and needed. So couldn’t say she was spoilt as she wasn’t those kids who whined and throw tantrums, she knew how to humble herself and not boast even though she got more than what usual children her age did.

“Well, I’d say my life was better then than Hogwarts...” she began.
“My parents would give me everything, mostly because I’m an only child. Well I spent a few years in an international muggle school, I always seemed much different from other kids my age, I would say I wasn’t that social as I didn’t fit in. When I was younger, I was often bullied I was different, I would sit by a corner reading or doing puzzles instead of playing. And during friendly races the school organised, I usually took it too seriously and always placed. My other mates were jealous and they started not including me in every thing they did...” sighed Aurelia. She looked at her map, it told her the door was just in front. She lifted her head and so a huge wooden door.

“We are here.” She said.

“Can we continue this conversation during dinner? I’ll meet you at the Gryffindor table, I have to go up to the dorms to get something.” She said and rushed up. She needed to be quick in putting down her bags she didn’t want sit at the Gryffindor table with nothing to eat.

Reducio
Leaves thread.

Reducio
join me in the great hall. There’s a thread Called feasts within the great hall, I’ll post there, join me soon.

"My other mates were jealous and they started not including me in everything they did...” Aurelia sighed. Lorelai had never been bullied when she attended muggle school for all those years but she knew of kids who had certainly been. She queried if there was bullying in Hogwarts, and if so, how severe it was. She prayed she wouldn't be a target if there was, although she felt she would be ready to deal with it if it happened. Shortly enough, they made it to the entrance to the great hall. Lorelai could hear the roaring conversation even from behind the enormous door. 'God, the school is so loud. mouthed. '

"We are here."Aurelia told her, stopping at the door, eyeing it up and down.“Can we continue this conversation during dinner? I’ll meet you at the Gryffindor table, I have to go up to the dorms to get something.” Lorelai shrugged in response.

"Yeah, sure. I guess I'll join you at the Gryffindor table in a bit, then."Lorelai agreed, nodding. With that, the other girl hurried away, assumably back up to the dormitory. Lorelai turned her body back to the door and opened it, slipping through inside.She felt starving at this point and her stomach growled. 'There better be something good left at the table, I need it...'She though to herself, entering the Great Hall.