Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

I dare you  PV Eri Windstone   Finished 

"Don't call me missy, please." Eri looked at him and shook her head getting an idea. If he wanted her to lead the way, Emmet either didn't know how to get to the library or he didn't want her to sneak away from behind. Her idea was to run as fast as she could and take the long way so she could loose him, but he was also a very fast runner. "You like books? What kind? Also if the library bores you then why go along?" The brunette looked at Emmet before turning back towards the corridor leading to the Library. Eri shifted her books and put them in the satchel she normally wore over her shoulder. Now she could run if she so desired.

Eri took a few steps then looked back to see if he was following her. He was most likely faster than she was, but still she could run pretty fast and she was about to take off in the empty corridor. Hopefully he would get lost trying to follow her, but for her sake she would take the most direct path so she wouldn't get lost either. 

"Hope you can keep up." Then she sprinted down the corridor and was approaching a left turn.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Emmett looked at her blankly, as if he just stopped working for a while. He was wondering what he should respond to her. She didn't like being called Missy, but he found it funny how she fed him reactions like that. "Why not? You are a Missy!" he laughed it off not respecting her wishes. Someone had to put him to his place eventually, but it didn't seem to be Eri this time.

He finally got going again, humming as he followed her. Emmett listened attentively to what she was saying, while still managing to drown himself into a daydream. "My taste varies! It depends on the day. I hate studying, but I like learning. I only read books that interest me." the boy let a giggle that could warm an entire room in seconds. He had a gentle side to him, even if he could sound harsh sometimes.

"I'll go along because I don't want to be alone either." being alone was truly one of his biggest fears, but he was also intrigued by her personality. She was like a puzzle that he enjoyed solving, and teasing while he was at it. Sometimes Emmett did things without purpose too, just because he could.

As she suddenly moved her satchel from her way, he caught a hunch of what she was about to do. Smirking in a funny and awkward way, he prepared to run after her. When she took off, he pretended to be surprised and yelped.
"This is unfair! Wait for me!" his voice sounded quite positive compared to what he was whining about. Emmett didn't give her a head-start and ran after her enthusiastically.

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.

Her face was red from his comment of her being called missy. She thought his reason for going to the library was a good one. 

Eri smiled. She didn't think he had a gentle side but she was wrong or at least she thinks she was wrong.

Eri heard him start running as soon as she did. He always seemed to know her next move. She sighed and kept running then turned left. The brunette didn't think he would get lost since he was keeping up with her. "How do you always seem to know what I am going to do?" She kept running trying to loose him but he just kept gaining. "Why do to have to be so fast? You could have at least given me a head start." The Ravenclaw said a bit out of breath from running so fast. At least the halls were clear of students. She turned right and kept running down the corridor. She knew it was hopeless to try and loose him, but she could still try to beat him to the library. "I'm going to beat you." She smiled and started to run a bit faster. Maybe he would run out of energy. Probably not, but she could try to beat him.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

He had always enjoyed running. He found it the next best thing to flying. The wind swiping your hair away as you kept running, the feeling of freedom. Of course all of that was not permanent, rather quite fleeting to say. Humans like Emmett had a limit on how long they could run, and how fast. However he had always been a person to break those limits and rules, and try and run for as long as he could to maintain that feeling of freedom, getting away from the shackles of everyday life.

Turning left after her, he could still hear her footsteps. It was a corridor, and those things had a strong echo. He wasn't the fastest runner, not at all, but fast enough to be able to keep after her.

"You're a predictable person, that's why!" he lied. He didn't think of her as predictable. That was the reason why he was so dedicated to get to know her better. She was an opposite, a game that he could play. Games were close to his heart, especially this one since it talked back to him.
"You're just slow! I'm going to catch you, like it or not! " he laughed, knowing just well that you were not supposed to run in the corridors. That was the exact reason why he stumbled on Eri. So that rule was stupid in his head!

Suddenly she sped up, and it became increasingly harder to catch up with her.
"I take that back." he muttered quietly under his breath as she proved herself to be quite quick on her feet. Emmett started running faster too, knowing well that he was better at running short distances. Long distances were hard for him, since he relied on putting all the power at the start, and not savoring the whole trip. Once the boy was presented with a challenge, he felt way much more adrenaline. If she wanted to win, he would want to crush her hopes.

Eri didn't exactly favor running. True it made you feel free, but it always made her feet sore when she ran to long. Being a fast runner was an advantage to her but she was more of a short distance runner when she needed speed.

Yes Eri knew they weren't supposed to run the hall, but they were almost to the library, just a couple more turns. 

The brunette went left and stopped for two seconds to readjust her books in her satchel. Then she resumed her running. "I'm slow? I don't think you can catch up." Eri knew he might catch up, but he might not.

Eri was beginning to slow down her pace. She couldn't waste all of her speed, but there wasn't very much sprint left in her. 

Eri's footsteps echoed in the halls as she ran towards the library. She could hear Emmets's footsteps too. He seemed persistent enough to not give up. "How am I predictable?" Was she predictable? She didn't think that she was. Well maybe, she thought and continued to focus on running. Man how she wished she was a long distance runner that would help her out so much right now as they ran.

He was not aware of his surroundings anymore, and narrowed it down to Eri now. She was a target, a trophy, something he wanted to achieve and catch up to. He still had his shoelace untied, and it was very likely that he would fly headfirst on her if he tripped now. The boy didn't seem to remember or notice that anymore. Nothing mattered anymore except for her. He was a sore loser, so he couldn't even fathom losing to this cold girl. She didn't seem to be an excelling student in long distance running either. Good, now they were equals.

As he kept speeding up, he finally caught up to her. Emmett was going on sheer willpower at this point. He felt already like he should slow down soon. Well, his mind didn't feel like it but his body felt like burning. He never used hair products, but after this run, he knew the raven's nest on his head would be in even worse condition. Just when he had used at least 10 minutes to try and tone, comb it down in the morning. Still worth it.

Not answering her question, he decided to put it off for later. She would get an answer when he felt like it. It was Emmett dictating when and who he should reply to.

Eri kept running, but was still slowing down. She couldn't believe he caught up to her. "How did you catch up?" She made another left turn. They were really getting close to the library now.

The brunette kept up her pace, but bit by bit she kept slowing down. She was stubborn, but her body was burning so bad. "Just give up already. I can't last much longer." She kept running the library was coming up soon. At least two more turns. She had to beat him.

Eri willed herself to try to speed up but if she did she would have nothing left to keep running. 

Her mind raced. Why was he so stubborn to beat her? "Do you ever give up?" She said breathing heavily. Maybe she shouldn't have raced him.

Eri stopped talking so she could concentrate. She might have a tiny chance at winning, but she was about to collapse or stop running. She was almost about trip, then she got her balance and kept running.

Hopefully he would either slow down or stop. That would help her win, but she wasn't going to win. Her feet were to sore to run a lot more ground.

Emmett knew he was going to lose at this point. She was faster at him, even if he hated that idea. He hated the idea of losing so so much, detested not being the first one in everything. Maybe it stemmed from his innate voice always telling him that he wouldn't be noticed if he wasn't first. Perhaps this was true to some extent. You had to be standing on a podium if you wanted to be the highest of them all. Your efforts would be noticed if you could beat everyone else in a fair way.

That had nothing to do with what was happening now! He was overthinking, as always, and so the boy decided to just enjoy the moment. His train of thoughts was interrupted when he remembered that he was an 11-year old child racing his rival, friend, acquaintance..?
He let a small giggle as she questioned how he had finally reached to her.
"I'll settle for a tie!" he didn't slow down, and ignored the pain in his throat building up. Why the hell was the castle so damn big? These distances got out of hand! How would he cope if he was late to class and had to run distances like this?

When she almost tripped over herself, Emmett let a small 'woah' escape his lips. As they kept getting closer to the library, he matched his pace with her pace, securing that tie. Sure she could suddenly make that last sprint and finish before him, but that would be so unfair!

Eri kept running ignoring the searing pain shooting through her feet. "You want to tie? I thought you would want to win? I can still sprint just enough to win at the last second." Eri started breathing very heavily as she kept running. She turned left and kept running down the corridor. The brunette almost tripped again, but found her balance. Why did she choose to race? She always bit off more than she could chew. She just wanted to get to the library and win already.

Eri started slowing down, but forced herself to keep pace with Emmet. If she kept running it was very obvious she would run out of the ability to sprint. Then he would be able to win. Eri's legs began to cramp and she winced, but continued running. Maybe she should have just walked to the library. Eri lost her concentration and started to slow down. Frowning she got her concentration back, but could not go any faster. Why was she running out of will power yo keep running? Maybe she was loosing her concentration and couldn't keep her concentration.

Up ahead was the last turn before there was a straight stretch directly to the library. 

She still had enough power to talk to him, which was enviable. He was already getting out of breath and on the brink of death. Not really, but he felt like it. It reminded him of those Physical Education classes from muggle school. He loved sports, but disliked those classes greatly. Although Emmett was a sore loser and quite competitive, he preferred going solo. Team sports always put unnecessary pressure to perform well. When he went against an opponent alone, he only had himself to care about. Nice, no baggage from other players.

She kept tripping over herself, and because Emmett was not the nicest guy in town, he might have laughed at her under his breath. Once he could already see the library corridor, he put the last ounce of strength he had on keeping it a tie. He didn't want Eri Windstone go all angry on him after his efforts to befriend her. Maybe he should let her win for her to like him more? Would she hate him if he would win? No way, he was going to keep this tie. That way no one would be hurt over this childish, stupid race. Not to say that he did not enjoy challenging her.

He slid down the hall, and once he was closer to the so called 'finish line' he was careful not to jump into the bookshelves headfirst. Emmett slowed down and looked back to see if they really finished with a tie? Did she win? Did he win? Did it matter? Of course it did. This could dictate the course of their relationship for a long time!

Eri kept running she could see the library. She was running until she felt her legs cramping. It was too painful to run so she slowed down. 

Her thoughts kept racing through her mind. How was she supposed to keep running? She willed herself to run faster. The library was close. Now she wished she had done cross country when her aunt asked her to do it. This would have prepared her for runs longer than this. Right now she didn't think she would be able to make it all the way to the library. It was just to much for her feet to handle.

Eri shrugged and kept running. Maybe she could start running outside just in case they do this again. Well she hopes they never do this again. This was way to much strain on the body if it is not well prepared to run for this long. She stopped talking and breathed heavily. If she talked again it would only slow her down worse.

She sprinted using the last of her energy just to see him get there right before she did. Well they had given it their best. She wanted to congratulate him but all she could say was, "Good job." Then she fell to her feet and sat there breathing.

Back