Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

I dare you  PV Eri Windstone   Finished 

Emmett was once again rushing through the  corridors. He was a restless soul, always on the go, always running here and there. From a young age, the moment he learnt to roll to his back he wouldn't stop rolling. You would take your eyes off from that tiny bundle of joy and he would be in the next room soon.  That attitude and look at life of his persisted apparently. Like most people did, he eventually learned how to crawl. Next step would be walking, and now he was running like there was no tomorrow. Well, how could he know. Maybe someone would one day try and kill him. Emmett did have something described as an 'attitude' anyways. You could blame his parents' ways of raising him for that. Ugh, his parents. Once again he was thinking about them. He felt like they would often consume his thoughts. Emmett sought validation and attention from them. Now that he was long gone, he decided to impress them in an another way.

However going against the rules and running in the corridors was not something he was thinking. He had a completely different idea of what he should have done. All plans often failed when it was about Emmett. He was more of a spontaneous person. Careful about the next step, but that didn't take out from the let-me-do-something-on-the-whim-because-I-feel-like-it mindset.

His steps were echoing and he noted that the lace of his shoes were undone. Raising his brow at the shoe as if that was enough for it to magically tie itself up, he kept his eyes on the ground. Was it a good idea to not lift his gaze from the ground while running? No. But who cares, no one was here to stop him now.
Last edited by Serena Towers on 12th April 2018, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.

Eri had her books in stacked in her hands careful to not drop them or bump into people. She was completely unaware that some gryffindor was running through the hallways straight towards her. She started getting distracted as she went deep in thought.

She was always a person who looked like they had their act together all the time when she felt like it. As Eri grew older she began to loose that skill and her crazy life was easier to detect. 

Her thoughts continued to swirl through her head as she continued walking, her stack of books obscuring her vision slightly.

The brunette was suddenly brought back into reality by the sound of running. She shifted her books slightly, she couldn't figure out where the the sound came from. She turned her back towards where the Gryffindor was running to see if the sound came behind her. As soon as she turned the sound got louder. The Ravenclaw was getting a bit curious to what the approaching sound is. Shrugging she continues to walk down the corridor unaware that he was getting very close. She walked to the corner of the long stone corridor and turned around the corner.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

He kept running on. He wasn't even late to anywhere, but there was too much to experience to be slowing down. Too little time, so he had to take advantage of every small second in his life and turn it into something useful. Did he obey this way of live, ever really? No, definitely not. Emmett was bad at consistency, these small rules brought him temporary comfort. He liked it that way, no need to make any fuss of his life when he was still only eleven years old! Maybe when he was more grown up he would start calming down, bringing the energy bar down.

It proved to be a mistake to look at the ground while running like a maniac. Turning around the corner, he saw something approach his field of vision. But he couldn't stop anymore, he was getting too close to his poor target. Emmett didn't even get a good look at the figure that he was bumping in to.
A large thump was heard, as he accidentally basically slammed himself against some student. There was a momentary burning feeling on his shoulder and he almost lost his balance. Gaining it back by aggressively waving his hands back and forth, he managed to end up on both of his feet. Looking at his victim with a confused face, his eyes kept gazing at her as if he was analyzing something. That was the truth, he really was analyzing everything before him. The young boy assumed that this weakling was a girl, and noted that she was a Ravenclaw.

Suddenly he shook his face as if he snapped out of something and didn't even apologize to the girl. Emmett merely did something resembling a nod, with no traces of guilt on his face. That was the only acknowledgement that she got. A simple sorry could have probably been enough, but Emmett was being his jerk self right now. He was already taking steps away from her, the shoelace still untied.

As soon as Eri turned the corner Slam! She fell to the ground and her books scattered onto the floor. "Stupid Gryffindor." She muttered to herself loud enough for him to hear if he was listening. Not hearing an apology she picked up her books and stood up. Her left arm stung from where he slammed into her. There was a red cut on her right arm from a corner of a book. "To self obsorbed to even say sorry." She muttered again about the boy unaware he could hear her muttering. She sat the books on the window ledge and she dusted her clothes off.

Eri's face was red. She was a bit angry. Maybe she could shove him or use a spell on him. The Ravenclaw shook her head and frowned. She would not use magic on him. "Don't Gryffindors have any knowledge or are they all act tough-learn later type of people?" She asked out loud thinking her thoughts aloud. This kid got on her nerves. He thought he could just knock her over and leave without apologizing even if it was accidental. She would get back at him. Maybe later she wasn't in the mood right then.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Emmett stopped the moment that he heard someone mention the word 'stupid'. He almost comically was trying to balance himself on one leg as he listened to the mutters of the Ravenclaw girl continue. He had been in such a good mood (as usual), but now she was trying to ruin it all! Slowly raising one of his brows to listen more to what she had to say, he was not pleased. This girl was picking a fight with him, wasn't she? Saying all those things aloud wasn't just an accident, nor a coincidence. And not only did she insult only Emmett Park, but the whole House itself! She was asking for it, and Emmett turned around. Self-absorbed, stupid and without knowledge. Emmett huffed, and blew his bangs away from his face, only for them to land back on his forehead. His bangs were inconveniently long, sometimes covering his eyes. That resulted in his field of vision shrinking even more, since it was small already just because of his tendencies to not pay attention.

He walked towards her, steps light but face kind of sour. "What'd ya say? I thought I heard this gal here trying to say something to not only me, but the past centuries of Gryffindors. Is she trying to pick a fight with me on purpose?" Emmett put his hand behind his ear, while the other one was on his hips. He teased her in a mocking voice, knowing that the moment she laid her hands on him, she was in trouble. At least he hoped that she would live up to her smart Ravenclaw stereotype and not flick her wand. If she did, Emmett would be in a desperate situation.

She heard the Gryffindor boy comment on what she had said. Her face turned bright pink in embarrassment. "Y-you weren't supposed to hear that, but yes that is what I said." She reached her hand to where her wand was. Then she hesitantly pulled away thinking if she did a spell on him she would be expelled or given detention. The brunette sighed in frustration. "You didn't expect me to be happy that you knocked me over and all of my books into the floor, then leave without an apology?" She crossed her arms. "No I am not happy and when I am angry I tend to speak my thoughts aloud. Like you are a self absorbent, jerk that as I may point out has very little knowledge."

Eri sighed again in frustration that she couldn't use magic. "You are lucky that I value my education enough to not attack you with spells." She looked at him. He was slightly taller than her but she was a bit scared. As her anger grew her fear melted away and she walked a step towards him and shoved him a bit just enough to know she was angry. Then she took a step back.

Emmett kept blinking, since his eyes were being all dry now. He avoided using glasses because they were a hazard for someone this energetic. Besides, being called four eyes wasn't a pleasant idea for someone whose ego was as inflated as ever. He listened closely to her, and might have cracked a small smile when he noted the pink blush on her face. Either she was angry, or embarrassed. Both were Emmett's goals, and he enjoyed seeing her suffer, already establishing rivalry. "Oh?" he looked like he was really absorbed in what she had to say. "Me, apologize to you? I'll pass, thanks!" he kept taunting her. Had she been anyone else, he would have already apologized to her. But since she seemed like a potential annoyance for the future, he thought that he should just get it over with her now. Trash belongs in the trashcan.

Emmett was about to say something snarky before she shoved him back. He almost lost his balance, and waving his hands again like a maniac he got back to where he started. The young lad noted how she had stepped back as if she was waiting for him to attack her back and start a fight. Now she was really asking for it. Emmett looked at her in the eyes and dusted his shoulder, as if the girl was a dirty thing that just touched him. "Well, lucky for you I'm going to show some decency and not shove you back. I don't fall that low." he kept taunting her, as if he was now the one 'asking for it'.

She rolls her eyes and sighs. "Fine. I'll just drop it." Eri shook her head. "You need to watch where you run. You could end up running into a professor." She warned. Her face was a mix of red and pink. She was still angry that he kept taunting her . She was also embarrassed that she shoved him. Luckilly nobody was around to see it.

"I didn't think you had any decency in the first place." She glared at him trying to act tougher than she is, but really she is terrified. Gryffindors scare her. "How can we settle this?" She asked calmly. She really wanted to let him leave her alone. "I don't think I want to be near your self absorbed self right now." She turned her back towards him and walked over to window ledge to grab her books. She picked them up and made sure all of them were there. She noticed one was gone and she saw it by the gryffindors feet. She groaned and hoped he didn't notice the book. How was she going to get the book from out from beside his foot. She sighed and stared at the floor not wanting him to see the book.

Emmett was proud that he made her crack, kind of. She wasn't shoving him around like a cornered animal anymore. People tended to attack others from fear. He had learnt that the hard way through his past experiences, engaging with some people who did not like her. This wasn't exactly new to him. "But, I didn't run into a professor, so I'm all good." he said, putting his hands behind his back and leaning a bit forward to hear what she was saying. She was still rolling her eyes, and Emmett was sure that if she did it one more time, she would have permanent marks in her eyeballs. She was a red mess, and for some reason that just prompted Emmett to tease her even more in the future. He let that image sink in his own mind, stored the information and made a mental note to taunt her if he met her again somewhere.

"Oh please, decency is my middle name." he said almost in a sarcastic tone. Almost, since he did think of himself as a decent human being. He wasn't the one to shove her, it was the opposite scenario. Emmett kept tracing where her eyes went, as if she could reveal something to him from her eyes. He wasn't afraid of eye contact, nor did he avoid it unless it proved to be a danger to him. Well, even faced with danger he would be so full of himself, that he would jump straight into it. "Get rid of me?" he mumbled under his breath, as he noted that she was looking at his feet. Oh, right. His shoelaces. kneeling down to tie them, he noted the book next to him. Shooting a glance at her again, he had a playful look. Picking up the book instead, he held it close to his chest. "If you think that way of me, as a punishment, I guess there's only one thing you can do." he started, cracking a small smile when he realized that it was the perfect time to tease her even further.

"You have to erase your first impression of me. And that only can happen if you get to know me better. Or else you'll go around talking trash, and I'll have to sacrifice time to tease you furthermore." he revealed quickly what his motives were, unafraid of her judgement, even if he had said the opposite to her.

Eri rolled her eyes and crossed her arms and stared at him. The idea was profound to her. Though it was her punishment for shoving him. A grimace appeared on her face as she noticed he had her journal. It had all of her improvements and advancements in her knowledge of being an animagus. Truly she knew she couldn't start becoming one until third year but she wanted to learn about it.  It wasn't like she had to become or friend but maybe she would once she found out what he really was like. 

Her gaze averted to the floor as her face flushed red. "Fine. My name is Eri Windstone. What is yours? Plus I guess I am a little sorry for being rude and maybe insulting you and your house."  The brunette said dryly. She didn't mean it, but that was all he was going to get for now. "So how does this thing work? Do I have to follow you around?" She frowned at him hoping she would not have to follow him around or hang out with him all of the time. She sighed and shifted the books in her arms as she waited for his response.

He wasn't very uncomfortable with her staring, and he started counting how many times this girl would roll her eyes. An activity to keep him busy and interested in her. Emmett took a look at her journal, but did not look inside. The boy was curious, but not that curious just yet about what the insides would hold. Tapping the covers of the journal he listened to her introduce herself.

Windstone? Wasn't it one of those pureblood houses? He naturally would feel some kind of resentment towards her. Being bullied for being a wizard-born person, it hardly came from the half-bloods. Emmett scratched his temple, and brought his eyebrows together, as if to re-evaluate if this was a good idea. Coming to the decision that yes, it was a very great idea. He wouldn't shun her because of her bloodstatus. Besides, he wasn't even sure if he was remembering right. "Eris, that Greek goddess of rivalry?" he asked with a grin, seeing how well it fit her. Her parents were good at naming kids.
"Oh, there we go. It's okay, I wasn't that hurt." her words did rub him the wrong way and pushed the buttons, but in the end, he didn't shove her back! "How should I know? You're the first one I have used this technique on." he huffed the obvious.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes they took tge name Eri from Eris. You mean you don't know how this works. That is good. Maybe this won't be that bad." She sighed and looked at him. "Well What is your name?" She asked if he wanted her to get to know him better she might start with gis name. "If you wouldn't mind I would like the book back." She asked a bit impatiently. "Well for starters I don'tthink I deserve a punishment. All I did was.." She gives it thought then shakes her head. "Nevermind but I still don't think I need to change my opinion of you, but I will if I have to." She rolls her eyes again. Then looks down at the floor. Eye contact bothers her. The brunette can tell the gryffindor doesn't mind eye contact which means he is looking straight at her and it bothers her.

She turns and sits her books back on the window ledge. Then she turns back to face him. Her eyes still face the ground. She sighs and looks up and crosses her arms. She doesn't judge on blood and she hopes he knows that. "If your scared I'll judge you by blood I don't do that type of thing."

"Funny, I think that was the name to curse you. The next thing you know, you're throwing apples into the crowd." the boy kept teasing her about her name, even going as far as to referring to the mythology where that name came from. Emmett did think that it was cool, but would never admit it. She was on the road of becoming his rival, unless her behavior would start changing around him. Maybe he was the one who should make a better impression? Dismissing that thought, he shoved the whole responsibility to Eri.

"My name is Emmett." was all that he said. He refused to tell his surname to her. It was a really common one, and wasn't embarrassing. But he had always hated the fact that your surname was linked to your identity. That's why he was just Emmett, that first year from Gryffindor who likes to stir trouble occasionally. He got the request of giving the book back to the girl, and he immediately became curious about what was hidden inside. Maybe something personal? Or even better, something secret that he was not supposed to read? Well, he had two options.

Either he would give it and give a better image of himself, or just keep it to himself. He decided that she would eventually reveal the insides of the book if he would play nice with her. It was Eri's rules this time, but when he would come closer to her, she should reveal something to him. That was how friendships were strengthened!

Noting her avoidance of eye contact, he grinned. "Here, catch!" he said and threw the book lightly towards her, knowing that she was not watching. She had climbed on the window ledge, so he got the message that she wasn't going to move. Too bad for her!
"Come on, let's go!" he suddenly softly tried to yank her sleeve towards himself. Not too hard to scare her off, but enough to annoy her. He dismissed the whole question about blood type, and jokingly answered her with something she was not looking for. "O-, universal donor." he laughed at his own stupid thing.

If Emmet didn't stop teasing her about her name she would throw a book at him. At least he gave her his first name. That would do for know. She kept her gaze down to the ground. The brunette heard him say catch and she looked up right as the book hit her in the face. Eri rolled her eyes and put the book with her others. 

Eri rolled her eyes in annoyance as he pulled on her sleeve. "Where are we going?" She jumped off the ledge and picked up her books off the ledge. The brunette did not know where they were going. 

Eri shook her head when he said 0-. That wasn't what she was looking for and he knew it. She looked at the ground before she walked past him. She wasn't going to walk far just enough to get ahead of him. "I think we should go to the library." She stopped walking so she could wait for Emmet to catch up. Eri was a bit annoyed at Emmet for some reason, but she shook it off and smiled. The brunette started to walk away again but waited for Emmet to catch up too her.

As she kept her gaze down, his ego was floating above the highest of the skyscrapers. He smiled cockily as the brunette kept eyeing her own feet. Emmett won, Eri lost in his books. He nudged his cheek with his shoulder and then rolled it back again to correct his slouching posture. Maybe it was to make himself look even more arrogant than he could be. Emmett was a person who you either disliked greatly or were smitten with. There were few people who could tolerate his attitude at all times. If they could, they were probably similar to him.

"Is there a place where our missy wants to go?" he asked as she speed-walked past him like she was going to escape. Emmett was not going to let that happen. The boy would probably chase her down the halls like a predator chases its prey. Not losing focus, he noted that she suddenly stopped. He listened to what she had to say, and tugged his sleeves nervously. He was a restless person, and if you would let him stand in one place for too long, you would bore him to death.

"Library? That's boring, since I can't mess around...but sure! I like books." he shrugged and waited for her to lead the way.

Back