Corridors

Register
Sign in

Secrets Worth Sharing  PV Antole Evans   Finished 

Kyden wandered the corridor. He was waiting to meet up with his new friend Antole.  He knew there had to be an entrance to a secret passageway he discovered in this corridor somewhere.  So to pass the time while he waited he planned to find the entrance way so then he could then let his friend in on something cool. He sighed and continued walking along the corridor brushing his fingers against the bricks looking for a loose one that may reveal something. When he came upon Knights Armor he lifted the arms carefully to see if he could find anything. Defeated that he was yet to find the entry way he leaned against the wall and lowered himself to the floor. Pulling his head in his hands he let out a frustrated cry. "Come on Kyden think! You are known for finding secret passageways this one you already found. You simply are trying to find a second entrance. Now if I were an entrance to a secret passage way were would I be." He lifted his head and slowly scanned the corridor with great thought. He could see plenty of possibilities. He had to narrow down the possibilities. Suddenly something across the hall caught his eye. One of the torches looked off. He went over to it gripped the handle and pulled. Nothing happened. He sighed about to give up when he felt the torch give a little. When it did so he pushed in and the wall started to give away to the passageway. "FOUND IT!" he shouted excitedly. Just then he heard foot steps he rushed to close the passageway and stood up straight to see who was coming.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

The Gryffindor boy considered the situation a narrow escape from reality, from facing his arch rival.

God...he thought, wiping anxious sweat off of his brow. He wasn't sure how much longer he could've withstood the Ravenclaw, surprisingly anxious to complete their challenge.

The sheer thought of entering his bold, confident persona scared him. It was like an oven: you turn it on, let it cook, but if you keep it on for too long the item inside it would be burnt rubbish. Like the rest of the world, Anatole would choose to not get burnt.

After catching his breath, he rose to his feet, sighing. His head hurt, he was dizzy, he was miserable.

A metal crash sounded from down the hall, so Anatole began to dash. "Hello?" the Gryffindor called, his tiny, childish voice resonating and echoing throughout the long corridor. The sound, like many things, sparked his innate curiosity. Looking both ways, he turned the corner, hoping he wouldn't lose himself in the still, new academy.

A voice sounded from behind him, the same place where the crash began. It seemed scolding, even a little angry at the target. Something about secret passages?

When Anatole pivoted, he saw the figure of the boy, reaching up and grabbing a torch with his bare hands, almost ripping it off the wall. The boy screamed with excitement.

Wait a moment. Did he just dash into the wall?

Clearly, that was off, so Anatole ran towards him. "Wait, wait! What are you doing?!?"

"Dancing with fine women and ruling equally fine castles."
The Lord of Advanced Summoning, Anatole Evans
STA:14 AGI:7 STR:4 CTRL:5

Kyden whirled at the voice. He had to act quickly he didn't want a bunch of people finding out about the secret passageways he had been finding. One or two people would be find but he like the thought of him knowing things about this castle that others did not. He grabbed the torch again and quickly grabbed the boy pushing him into the wall before sealing it behind them.

"Be quiet! You don't want the whole world to find out about these secrets now do you! It's a secret passageway. The castle has quite a few of them. I myself have discovered 5 of them. This one isn't a new one. However it is a new entrance to an old passageway I had found in my first week here." Kyden stood tall and proud. Though Kyden standing at his tallest still wasn't very tall. Kyden looked at the boy and smiled. "Hey I think I am finally taller than another boy for once." He laughed to himself.

"If you know how to keep quiet I can show you a couple sometime. However whatever I show you stays between you and me. I worked to hard finding these things for the whole school to find out where they all are. Let them discover them on their own."

Kyden stood watching the boy before looking around inside the passageway. He was wondering if he could perhaps find more passage ways from inside instead of searching from them outside of the already found ones.

The other boy's eyes grew wide as he snatched small Anatole by the hood of his cloak before pulling him in, the wall sealing behind the two first year students. He couldn't stutter out a comment, slightly choked by the sudden yank.

Once the boy released, Anatole situated himself again, in the dark, only illuminated by the dim light of the torch. "What was that for?" He wiped his face, some soot from the ceiling of the passage raining down onto them from the sudden slam.

In the dim light, Anatole noticed the lining on his companion's robe. Green. Slytherin. Immediately, he doubted his decision to call out to the boy in the first place. Anatole feared he would turn out dramatic and demanding like the last Slytherin he had encounterd, Anita Norwood.

"Gah! I'm sorry!" The message came out louder than intended, more dust pouring onto Anatole's head. "I'm trying my best..." With a sigh, he listened to the other boy's elongated monologue on stuff Anatole's miniscule brain had already concluded. "I'm short for my age, don't judge," the Gryffindor commented with a sigh.

He trampled forward, keeping his weight on one leg just in case another snake (like Anita!) would slither out from beneath him. Anatole didn't know what he could come upon. "I informed you this before, I'm trying to keep quiet! It's a little hard when you just pulled me in here..."

Now, this was the real Anatole at his finest. Heightened, fearful Anatole.

Realizing that he had been a bit rough Kyden laid a gentle hand on his new companion's shoulder. "Woah relax. I am not going to hurt you. Sorry I was a bit rough I just don't want a bunch of people to know about the passageway. You startled me so I reacted a bit off. Again I apologize. I wasn't making fun of you, really I wasn't. It's just I thought I was the shortest boy, actually quite possibly the shortest kid and I am actually a bit happy that I am indeed not the shortest."

He smiled at the boy before he started to walk further into the passageway. "Come on just follow me. I am Kyden by the way." He felt bad for scaring the boy so in exchange he was going to lead him to a passageway entrance he found that lets out right beside the Gryffindor entrance. He really hated the fear he saw in the boys eyes when he realized that Kyden was a Slytherin, "I am not like most Slytherins," He muttered under his breath. Matter of fact at first he swore up and down he was sorted into the wrong house. However know he realized that he did fit in to Slytherin even if it was in a very odd way. Maybe Kyden was just the type of person Slytherin needed to get rid of the stereotype cast upon Slytherins.

Anatole, yes, the real Anatole, not some faulty confidence-freak, shuddered as the Slytherin placed a hand on his tender shoulder. It was growing cold in the passage; it was as if the two had just entered a deep freezer. "Good." He shakily chuckled, his nervousness evident but beginning to ease up. "I'd rather not get pummeled after the Snowball Fight, you know."

Maybe this wasn't so bad.

"It's alright, I used to get the short thing a lot back in Tenbury-Muggle-ville, or whatever you all call it here." Good. Keep it going. "My nanny loved my genetics since I could crawl under couches and dust things for her." Anatole laughed again, coughing from the dust encasing them. "Do you have any idea where this will lead?"

Anatole was slowly warming up to the boy, even though the flame in his hand remained unchanging. They couldn't see further than a meter in front of their small feet. Occasionally, Kyden would get ahead and Anatole would have to scamper like a mouse toward the light. It was funny from the outside.

Out of the black darkness, the boy introduced himself as Kyden, noting that he wasn't like the others. Immediately, Anatole was a little skeptical. Could the boy have just led him in a trap, entering only to leave the short boy to rot? The thought was unsettling, but as Anatole exhaled, he realized what he had to do.

Be brave.

"Well, Kyden, my pleasure. I'm Anatole." Unsure of where to place his hand for a handshake in the low light, he accidentally chopped the boy in the stomach. The blow was not exceptionally hard.

"Oof," he let out a sound when the boy accidentally chopped him in the stomach. At least Kyden thought it was an accident. "So how are you liking it here at Hogwarts? Are you enjoying it. I really like it. There is so much to offer. I love the classes. I love that there is so much to explore. I even like the other students somewhat."

Kyden stopped and waited for the other boy to catch up. He hadn't realized he was walking so fast. "Oops sorry.  I get so excited when I am exploring I tend to get ahead of myself." He was almost to where he wanted to take the small Gryffindor anyway. You couldn't really tell it as they were walking in the small passageway but the two boys had been heading up this whole time.

Once his newfound acquantinance had caught up Kyden started to walk again this time at a slower pace. He started to slow even more after a couple of minutes. He then stepped closer to the wall and walked with his hand pressed to the wall until he stopped abruptly. 

He turned and looked at Antole motioning for him to step up closer. "Here put your hand here and push out then slide your hand to the left. Just wait until you see where we are." Kyden waited for the boy to do what he said smiling. He knew the boy would be relieved to find that they were right outside the entrance to the Gryffindor House.

The awkwardness still resonated in Anatole's stomach. He knew he couldn't trust him, that this led down to the dungeons or something. Every castle had a dungeon, he thought, even one like this. There, he would lock the short Gryffindor and...yes, he could die there. This Slytherin could have been the type to make sure they never found his body.

Anatole also knew no one would care if he died.

With another audible gulp, he apologized out of fear that something might happen to him. "Sorry about that!" He spit out, wishing he could control himself. Clearly, the bravery thing hadn't worked all too well.

The other boy was trying to make the subject lighter, but like the clandestine corridor itself, the situation could not get much lighter. "It's...alright. I like some parts better than others. The students here are alright, but some of the classes aren't my favorite."

He hustled, holding up his robe in clutched hands and walking directly behind the Slytherin. All he heard for the next few minutes was the clip-clopping of their shoes and the soft crackle of flame. Everything around him felt hard and intimidating, and that didn't stack well with the fact that he regretted much of what he said and especially chopping people in the stomach.

Anatole jumped back when they stopped, dropping his robes and almost running into the boy in front of him. However, this time he refused to apologize. Nervously, Anatole placed his hand on the wall...god, the dusty cobweb-drenched wall in front of him, and pushed.

It wasn't working. Anatole grumbled, sighing. He was fed up and wished he could go back.

Kyden hated that the small Gryffindor was so nervous around him. Did he really think that someone not much bigger than he was was able to hurt him. Well judging by his actions he really did think that. However truth be told Kyden wouldn't hurt a fly. Kyden looked at the boy and sighed. Being a Slytherin had its perks but sometimes he really didn't like the separation between all the houses. 

Kyden watched Anatole struggle to open the door of the secret passage. Kyden watched him for a few moments and realized what he was doing wrong. "Here hold this." He handed the smaller boy the torch and stepped closer to the wall. "Look you have to do it like this. Put your hands here. Then push and slide to the left." Kyden showed him exactly what he was talking about at slide the door of the passageway open. He reached for the torch and smiled. "Go ahead don't be afraid. Step on out and see where we are."

Kyden stayed to the left of the door of the passageway. Should anybody walk by he didn't want them to see him. He didn't want people to know he was the one discovering all the hidden secrets. One thing he did want though was for the Gryffindor boy to trust him.

Now, for a small moment, Anatole was actually considering his death. It was a little odd, since the door...whatever it was...wouldn't move to create that small sliver of light Anatole was hoping to see. Apparently, maybe they hadn't hit the light at the end of the tunnel.

Maybe this was the end.

Or, maybe this was just another challenge he could try to face.

Anatole preferred the second option. But of course, before Anatole could get to it, Kyden did it himself. Smooth. Handing the scorching, shaky torch off to the Gryffindor, the Slytherin Prefect moved the handle-less door until that crack of light shone. Somehow, Anatole was still handling the flaming-hot torch, sizzling and casting a gorgeous amber light onto the boys' faces. It would've been terrible if he dropped it. Thankfully, they were surrounded by stone.

He brushed the strands of hair out of his face, watching the act take place. "Oh...well, okay. Now that you've done it, there's no use for me doing it." He sighed, holding out the torch, expecting the boy clad in green to take it back. "Mind holding this, since you're so anxious for me to step out?" He pressed his lips together, peering out of the opening.

He really didn't want to step out since he had no idea where they were.

Kyden could tell that the small Gryffindor was still extremely frightened and though it shouldn't it was seriously starting to grate his nerves. He could feel himself growing angrier and angrier. He took the torch back from the boy and saw him hesitating to step out of the passageway.

"Seriously just step out. I promise nobody/nothing are waiting out there to hurt you. Seriously though just step out please!" He couldn't help but to let his frustration show in his voice if the boy would just step out he would see they were right out side the entrance to Gryffindor. The Slytherin had done nothing but help the small Gryffindor boy.

Kyden kept his hands clamped down at his sides. He had it in his mind to just shove the boy out so that he could see for himself. However he knew if he did that the boy wouldn't trust him ever. Kyden looked around. He could step out and show the boy for himself but he was worried if he did others would see him and wonder about the passageway. They already had stood there with it open for a long time. Kyden closed the passageway and turned to Anatole. 

"Look when you're ready open the passageway and go out. I don't want a bunch of people discovering it. Not only that but if I go out some people might find it odd that a Slytherin is hanging around Gryffindor Entrance."

He said that in hopes that the boy would understood where Kyden had led him to.

Anatole swore he felt something getting heavy in the room, maybe it was the air growing more humid in the passageway, or maybe it was something different. Curiously, he peered around, trying to find the source of the sudden weight, but then he realized it was something more abstract.

It was tension, looming in the air.

As the soft-faced boy turned toward his Slytherin companion, he could see that tension carrying on into his face. He was clearly angered, and it showed. His words spit out flustered and harsh, reminding the boy just a little bit of one of the other green robes he had met: Anita Norwood. Strict, quick to retaliate. At least the torch was no longer in the boy's hands.

"Alright, alright! I'll go! Whatever!" It was almost like something had pushed him out of the entrance as he set foot into the Gryffindor common room. He rolled his eyes, and with a sigh, eyed back at the boy. "Here, you happy? I hope you are." Anatole never liked to get mad, but sadly, he was human. Ever so often, rage came out. It just slipped out, like his words would. Confused and said without thought.

In retaliation, he tried to push the door back into place, maybe shutting the boy in the passage. Firstly, it would be terrible if a Slytherin was found at this place at this time. His hands touched the entrance, trying to push it back into place. "I suppose this had better be goodbye," he whispered hastily.

Kyden sighed. He hadn't wanted to anger Anatole. He actually wanted to make friends with him. However the way things were going it probably wasn't going to happen. Kyden was truthfully just trying to be nice but of course everybody saw the green robes and it was suddenly like he had some horrible disease. It didn't matter how many times he said he wasn't like most Slytherins.

Kyden watched Anatole step foot into the common room and smiled. He hoped he was happy and relieved that he was in a safe space now. He watched the boy try to quickly close up the passageway. Kyden smiled. "Yeah well I guess this is goodbye. Just remember if you see me again. I told you I am NOT like most Slytherins. I was truly just trying to help. Goodbye." With those last words he sealed up the passageway before the Gryffindor boy even had a chance to say anything back.

Kyden slid down and sat on the ground of the passageway for awhile. He held his hands in his head and sighed. After a few moments he stood and took the trek back the entrance/exit that let out into the second floor corridor. He looked around and then step foot into the corridor. After doing so he sealed the passageway and headed down to the Slytherin Common Room.

Exiting Thread.