Corridors

Register
Sign in

Don't Tell Me...I'm lost  Closed 

A few weeks into Hogwarts, Dawn finally decided to put that book down, get off her butt and explore a little. She felt as though a limb was missing, as she blundered down the corridor without her book in hand. She trailed her hand along the smooth rock wall and savored the empty space that she had to herself.  She turned to look at the windows placed on the other side, staging the great view of the Grounds during a sunset. She leaned her elbows on the giant windowsill and watched as a few students laughed together. After a few moments of viewing the sunset, she decided it was time to head down to the Great hall for dinner. A small part of her knew that was just an excuse to go back to reading, but within a few steps she spotted arched doors. Well, won't hurt to do a bit more exploring... she thought poking her head into the doorway. 

Dawn was met with surprise as she saw, what looked like the abandoned toilets. No,no,no,no. I am not going in there... She backed up and walked away, with a shiver going down her spine. As she walked down the corridor once again, her thoughts trailed off to her book. But not long after, movement caught her eye and she noticed a white mouse scurrying away. So cute!! she thought . Her love for animals led to changing the route to following the mouse and after a while the animal disappeared into a crack within the wall.

With a sigh, Dawn snapped out of it and registered that she was somewhere she definitely didn't know. No.. She swiveled her head right and left, looking for a door at least. No, no.. Dawn's eyes widened with panic. Don't tell me... I'm lost
Last edited by Dawn Flourish on 14th April 2018, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Everyone is absolutely unique" -Dawn Flourish
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=1413

Alina hummed softly to herself, skipping down the corridors, head filled with homework and fantasies. "Herbology needs to get done tomorrow, but what could hurt if I went for a quick swim in the great lake before dinner?" She giggled to herself. "Nothing!" She twirled happily, before coming face to face with her favorite painting. "Hello, Lady Blue! How nice to see you again! How are the kitties?" She asked, happily, reaching forward to brush her fingers against the rough texture of the canvas, small kittens meowing at her happily, pawing at her fingers.

"Alina, my dear! You look so happy today, I'm glad. The kittens have missed you. I do believe you are the only cat lady in this castle." Lady Blue laughed happily behind her fan, while a small black and white kitten pawed at it.

"I am! Thank you for noticing. You look happy as well. I was just wandering the halls, but it always seems I run into you!" Alina giggled, pulling away from the kittens who meowed in protest. "I better get going, I have dinner to eat and homework due tomorrow and I haven't even started." Lady Blue tutted unhappily, but her smile betrayed her true feelings.

Alina waved goodbye before happily walking down the hall and turning the corner and....running full bodied into another student. Alina fell back, rubbing her nose which rubbed uncomfortably against the sweater the girl wore. "Ouch." She mumbled, blinking away the tears that unconsciously came. "Oh geez. Here I go again." Alina sighed sadly, getting up and helping the poor girl up off the floor. "I am so sorry! I swear, this happens more than it should. I'm awful at this. Are you okay?!" She exclaimed, brushing dirt off the poor girl, she no doubt felt responsible for.

Alina Ambrosia: Resident bubble-head, unconfirmed half-mermaid, cat obsessed.

Dawn had been wondering around for what seemed like hours and hours."It hasn't been that long, you idiot, just minutes. " she said since she was sure she was alone. How do trouble and I always bump heads. Dawn peered around corridor after corridor and soon she was certain, she had been down the same corridor as the paintings had proven. "Honey, haven't I seen you here just a few moments before?" asked a lady with a beautiful ball gown and a large elegant hat. With an empty sigh, Dawn leaned against the opposite wall and said,"That's right." The woman sat on a comfy cushion with a concerned expression."You don't happen to have lost you're way, have you?". Dawn looked down and felt disappointed in herself, "Yes, I have."
"Well, take a left turn, instead of a right and that way you might end this loop." said the lady with a warm smile.
"Thank you so much." Dawn said quietly as the lady had somehow reminded her of her mother. Dawn rushed away, with tears in her eyes and was about to take a sharp left, when she hit a girl with such force that she fell back."I am so sorry!" Dawn exclaimed loudly as she was helped off of the floor."Thank you and I'm sooo sorry! Are you all right?" said Dawn once again, wincing at what the girl must have felt bumping into Dawn. There was silence that drifted into the air and the fact that they were both talking and said almost the same thing, made Dawn laugh.

"Oh, you see, I was heading to the Great Hall but, I kinda lost my way. I was distracted by this really cute mouse that was scurrying around." Alina took a closer look at the short-haired girl before realizing that they had met before! "Wait, I remember you! You're the girl that I met at the lake! Um...D-Dawn, right?" Memories of their meeting at The Great Lake passed over Alina.

She asked, hesitantly. She was bad at memorizing names, but it was hard for her to ever forget a face. "We need to stop meeting like this," she giggled, remembering how she completely embarrassed herself in front of the girl, and ended up making her completely soaked. Alina brushed the dust off her uniform. "You sound exactly like me. I got lost on my first day because I was chasing a cat through the paintings and the prefect had to chase me down, and she was so annoyed with me. But honestly, it's not my fault! It was the cutest kitten I had ever seen." Alina turned around, and looked down the corridor.

"Anyways, it's completely their fault for making every corridor look the exact same. It's a completely cruel thing to do to children." She turned back around to smile lightly at her new friend. "Did you just come from class?"

Dawn furrowed her eyebrows and within seconds, she realized the girl was right. Alina was her name and Dawn happened to meet her down, next to the Great Lake. "We need to stop meeting like this," said Alina giggling and Dawn knew she was right. During their last meeting, Alina was seen by Dawn singing and dancing in the lake, but little did Alina know that Dawn was up in the tree. Dawn was stuck between sneaking away or consulting the girl. Not wanting to embarrass the fellow Gryffindor she chose the former, which resulted in embarrassment for them both and an ally for Dawn. "Your right." said Dawn laughing at the fact that just earlier they had bumped into each other. Alina talked of how she got lost following a kitten which Dawn thought, was rather coincidental. "Did you just come from class?" asked Alina. "Oh no, I didn't, I haven't started my courses, but I think I will shortly. You see, what happened was, I was too attached to my book, so I decided to explore a bit. Because, like why not?" Dawn said shrugging and waving her hands around while explaining. "You see, I've been stuck in the dorm with my book and I'm usually adventurous, but when a books too good. Bam! I'm stuck with it until I'm finished. I did explore a tiny bit, but then I decided to head down to the Great Hall and that is when the mouse came along and led me astray." Dawn laughed a bit. The thing was, Dawn hasn't familiarize herself with anyone during her time here so far. So being slightly familiar with someone caused her to be her lively self, she is when with her father or up for an adventure with her childhood friend, Kyle.

"Oh no, I didn't, I haven't started my courses, but I think I will shortly. You see, what happened was, I was too attached to my book, so I decided to explore a bit. Because, like why not?" Dawn answered, and Alina nodded along. She hadn't started her classes yet either, but was expected to start within the next couple days. She was so excited she couldn't wait. "You see, I've been stuck in the dorm with my book and I'm usually adventurous, but when a books too good. Bam! I'm stuck with it until I'm finished. I did explore a tiny bit, but then I decided to head down to the Great Hall and that is when the mouse came along and led me astray."

"I don't think I've spent more than 5 minutes in my dorm room, other to sleep. Honestly, I just want to explore everything and I've met a lot of people this way! And...got into some embarrassing situations as well," She laughed. Dawn had spoken a lot today, compared to when they first met, and loved how bright and full of sunshine she was. "Even though you're lost, you're in a pretty good mood," Alina giggled. "How about this, feel like getting more lost with me? We can explore to our hearts content."

"Well," Dawn began, the smile widening on her face, "Since you really do seem like an expert when it comes to exploring, I guess that's not a bad idea. So exploring to our hearts content seems amazing to me." Eyes shining with excitement, Dawn remembered exploring a few months ago back at home. Yet it seemed as though it was years ago when she last explored with someone. "Though, it seems to me, any way you see it, this place is a maze!" Her voice echoed down the not-so-lonely-anymore hallways.

"You know, back in London, where I used to live."Dawn grinned as she loved talking about home. "There are so many hedges in my backyard! And my friend and I used to get lost in there, whether on purpose or not, it was fun because someone was there with me. Anyway it reminded me of a maze." She began walking only to stop, for a moment and said,"Wait a minute, I have a picture of the front of my house, though it doesn't show as much hedges as the backyard, but it's home just as same." Dawn shrugged and slipped her hand into her skirt pocket and brought out a photo, frayed a bit on the edges but the picture was clear enough.

Reducio
The photo Dawn shows Leana: