Corridors

Register
Sign in

A Book Hobby  PV Eri Windstone   Closed 

The Library was too loud, so you step down to head towards your dorm, when you are greeted by his dark whiskey eyes and Hufflepuff uniform. He doesn't seem much of a Hufflepuff now, does he?

Click, click, click...
Brand new shoes always 'clicked' in some sort of way, especially while forcing them to walk a little faster, and wear a little quicker. His eyes met up with Eri on more than one occassion now; first and foremost, when he was borrowing a book from a Ravenclaw student and got to step into the dormitory area, then in one of his classes where he had to go, as a teacher's pet, to the other classrooms to ask for something and then finally, that one Sunday where he noticed her with a book he indeed has read in previous times. This time was a little different. He got sparks of confidence from his new leather shoes and his new Romance novel that he had caught up with reading just recently. His favourite genre.

Unfortunately, where he saw Eri, was a little unfortunate. He headed for where she headed, passing some students and even saying sorry to the teacher to pass her, just so he could tap on Eri's shoulder and 'hang' beside her. The hufflepuff was really getting to his mind.

"I'm sorry for my rude interruption, but I have noticed your book interest seems to be similar to mine and, recently you have been carrying a book of my specific interest, so I wanted to say hello." He wanted to sound cheery, but he always sounded like he was very irked with the person he wanted to introduce himself to, like as if he was about to give out to them for their problems or something. He got it from his grumpy father.

You're your own pawn at your own game.
sniff.

Eri turned around expecting the person who tapped her to be someone from her own house or a close friend. She was surprised to see it was a hufflepuff she had seen on many occasions. Her distracted demeanor vanished as she smiled and came out of her thoughts. It always seemed that she was deep on her thoughts or got distracted to easily. She held the book in her left hand tightly. 

The brunette finally gathered her thoughts enough to speak. "It is alright. I don't think it rude. Yes these books are very interesting aren't they? What other books do you like to read?" She asked trying to make conversation. It wasn't like she had to be at the common room right now. Eri had a while before she needed to actually be in the common room so why was she in a rush? Wiping a stray strand of her brown hair from her face Eri  looked at him curiously. "By the way my name is Eri windstone. What is your name?" She never seemed to remember to introduce herself and was proud that she had finally remembered this important detail when meeting new people. It wasn't one of her strong suits but she always seemed to be able to do talk to new people quiet well.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

"Anything I can get my hands on, really," He chuckled, one hand resting on his hip. He could notice her surprise to his house. Everyone did, really. Yellow isn't even his favorite color. His eyes trailed off to the ground again before speaking up about his name. He held out the hand he had not been using to rest on his hip and took out a hand to the girl for a handshake. He always thought handshakes were fitting.

"Memphis Maurice Herndon, nice to meet you, Eri." This phrase slid off his tongue almost too well, almost like he had been trying for ages now to be nice to people in front of the mirror; like as if he failed each time and tried to scrap out each flaw in his pronunciation of words, to make them monotone and perfect.
He wanted to scrap this version too. He was too fidgety with his word structure, too jumpy with his approach and too happy with his tone; his family would have given him a glare or two for that whilst his house would have done the polar opposite and heck, Helga Hufflepuff herself might have come out to him and give him a big hug with her slightly pudgy body along with all the Hufflepuff students' whose necks were adorned with black and yellow ties and smiles upon their faces. Ugh.

His face came as cold and straight on as he wanted, so his whole person came out as fake; like badly fitted voice acting of a badly written character, a combination that was never appreciated in the media. His brow didn't twitch, nor his position or his facial expression, which made him seem like a porcelain doll; especially with his dull brown eyes and pale, glossy skin, tied back hair and neat outfit of a scholar boy or a sailor boy, the special edition doll.

You're your own pawn at your own game.
sniff.

She shook the out  stretched hand. "I love reading any book. Learning is like my favorite thing. What is your favorite subject? Mine is transfiguration. Someday I asspire to be an animagus." She said a bit out of breath. She never met someone who could seem so cold and rude but not be rude. It was not her intention to come off as rude so she did not speak a lot. Maybe he would like to speak about his interest in books.

Smiling she looked at him and clutched her book closer to her chest and waited for something to happen. "Well what do you like to do to pass time?" She asked. Her mind went deep into her thoughts. She started thinking about books and school and a lot of other things that were school related. She hoped he did not realize she was a bit distracted in her thoughts. She snapped out of her thoughts once more her attention was towards him. She wanted to get more books later from the library. She smiled at him. She shifted her book again in her grasp as she listened to him. She stood there wating for his response to her questions.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4