Corridors

Register
Sign in

The Moldy Witch  Closed 

Serena grew up hearing stories about Hogwarts that her parents told her whenever it was time for bedtime. She knew about the founders, the house ghosts and the stairs which occasionally moved by themselves without any warning. She was always excited for her own time at the magnificent school, which was why she was on a journey to discover all the secrets and little surprises that Hogwarts was filled with.

She was currently walking through the corridors slowly, looking out for anything out of the ordinary which may signify a secret passage or a hidden room of some sort. There were rumors circulating that a certain room appeared around the corridors if one was lucky. She had no idea if it was the truth, but it sparked her curiosity just the same.

A few minutes into her adventure, she encountered one of the many statues that littered the corridors. It was a statue of a witch, who looked as if she had several boils on her face. She had no idea who the statue was supposed to be of. It seemed the odd one out, since its color was different compared to the others in the area. It seemed a bit moldy, and it was almost a bit green. Serena, thinking that she may have come across something, began analyzing the statue. She sniffed it, circled around it, and tried to remove some of the mold. She wished that nobody thought that she was doing something weird.
Last edited by Serena Ford on 8th April 2018, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good people are like candles,they burn themselves up to give light to other people.

The Moldy Witch  Closed 

As Serena was analysing the statue, she noticed a boy was already stooped at the base of it. "Interesting, this thing must be crazy old!" Marvin spoke to no one in particular as he tried to scrape some of the grime of the statue into a vile.
Marvin then stood up and circled the object, observing all the nooks and crannies as if there was some kind of treasure within them that no one else could see. Or at least, that's what he was doing for a moment before he stumbled into the Ravenclaw student.
"Oh my, I'm terribly sorry" Marvin's face turned a bit red with embarrassment "People have told me I get caught up in staring at beautiful handicrafts far too often. I guess it's true since I didn't even notice you there" Marvin tried to let out a bit of a chuckle but it came out extremely awkward and forced. As he was apologising, Marvin still had his eyes set on the statue rather than Serena. He really needed to work on paying more attention to people instead of inanimate object, but he just finds that so difficult to do when statues like this one before him have so many interesting features to learn about.

Marvin E.

The Moldy Witch  Closed 

Serena was startled when somebody stumbled into her. She had no idea that there was somebody else studying around the statue, She was about to apologize first when the boy who bumped into her beat her to it.

"Oh, I'm sorry as well. I didn't see where I was going." Serena said politely. She did believe that she was at fault herself, since she didn't completely pay attention to her surroundings. "I was caught up in admiring the moldy looking witch too. I thought that there was some type of secret to it since it looked a bit different compared with the other statues located in this corridor. Serena added as additional explanation.

The ravenclaw thought that the boy seemed a bit shy since he refused to look at her and chose to look at the moldy witch instead. She smiled and thought that it would be best if she decided to reach out first and be friendly to him instead. "I'd like to introduce myself." Serena started as she offered a hand towards the shy boy for a handshake. "My name is Serena Ford. I know it's obvious what house we are both from, so how about we bond with each other while admiring this moldy witch in front of us?"

Good people are like candles,they burn themselves up to give light to other people.

The Moldy Witch  Closed 

As Serena was introducing herself, Marvin was already back to investigating the statue. He couldn't help himself, he was itching to know what kind of stone the statue was made of. "My name's Marvin Evins" He quickly said. Sadly he was too caught up in what he was doing to notice Serena wanted a handshake.
"So you say there might be a hidden secret to this witch here?" He added as he poked at some of the cracks in the stone.
Marvin wanted to learn more about this castle and it's intriguing design, as he regretably knew very little. So maybe talking to this girl could help him achieve that goal, while also potentially making his first friend at Hogwarts.

Really sorry, this post is a bit short
:(

Marvin E.

The Moldy Witch  Closed 

As the tall boy wanders through the dim corridors of Hogwarts, his eyes were observant, taking note of every little detail, blemish, and peculiarity that littered the entire environment surrounding the pale wanderer. Since the castle is unlike anything young Grant himself has ever seen before, his curiosity especially perks at its peak with the medieval architecture that so appears commonly in this isolated school. However, he was not entirely focused on what is around him, but rather, who is around him. Indeed, the majority of his attention was searching for other people who happens to be wandering same the corridors like him, which is quite unusual for him in actuality.

As of lately, Grant found himself to be lacking of any meaningful relationship here in this institution, instead he had secluded himself into his studies. He can't help it that the subjects taught here is taking up most of his interests at the moment, after all, he was practically a muggle before all of this, and before him is a whole new world that he had not even had the slightest clue about. It was like stepping into a foreign country that shared less similarities and had differences vaster than one's own homeland, sure it's not actually too far from England, but in the end, the world of magic proves to be a much more alien dimension than what he might expected at first.

But overtime, Grant increasingly becomes more aware of his secluded lifestyle in this place, letting his fascination concerning the magical world dominate his life at Hogwarts, and veering him from socializing with his peers. The final thing that set it off for him was when he immediately fell asleep after just greeting a female housemate, and as a result, she went to talk with another person. By the time he woke up, he immediately realized his ill action around her, and experienced a deep feeling of "embarrassment." So here he is, walking through the spacious, stone halls of the castle, searching for someone to talk to and perhaps make a friend or two.

It didn't took him too long to find a person, just by hearing the slow drifts of shoes pressing themselves against the stone and the increasing chatter that can heard just around the corner. Grant had a clear reading of where some of his fellow peers may be at. With a slight smile in satisfaction upon finding a person in an immediate amount of time, he swerved over to the wall around the edge of the construct next to him, and sharply looked over to where the footsteps stopped and the beginning of speech.

Slightly far off from him, he saw two people, who were unfortunately not as tall as he, examining some sort of statue standing against the wall. Upon leaning forward, and squinting his eyes, it would seem that the fair-skinned boy had his attention towards the statue, while simultaneously speaking to the blonde girl next to him. Whatever it was they were looking at, that particular statue must be interesting enough for them to base their current conversation around.. In a rapid manner, but not so fast to the point of jogging, he headed towards the occupied duo, while at the same time, siphoning a part of his focus on the statue.

As he advances, his view of the statue becomes much clearer, it depicted an unlucky woman, possibly a witch, yielding a face-full of lumps that reminded him of the alarmingly crimson colored chicken pox he was once infected with a couple of years ago. Shuttering and with pity of the presumed witch's blight, his walk became more erratic and hurried for a short moment until he is in about close proximity with the two. Along with this sudden increase of speed, it is becoming apparent that the statue was unlike the other ones placed in the corridors, its condition seemed relatively ancient for molds were already growing on it, and and it possesses a slight green tinge to it, as if it's made with a material unlike the usual stone seen in the hallways.

Getting closer to the two, he was able to pick up several things about their conversation, they were apparently talking about the possible existence of secrets involving this particular statue, and the boy's liking to inanimate objects. Accompanying their conversations were sniffing, and the seen occurrence of them circling the poor statue like it's their unwitting prey. Strange, but so was he. He casually strolled over to the statue, careful not to move too close to the two, but close enough to be able to talk with them with ease.

With his arms crossed, he looked over at the shabby statue for a moment, then turned his heard towards the two, making himself open and able for a little socializing between "like-minded" students. At this point, there's no way they wouldn't know his presence with his speedy walk, and immediate stop at their position, so he decided to pipe in.

"I see that you two are looking at that statue, kinda green isn't it?" piping in with a sardonic remark about the statue and its unusual moldy color. Pressing his fist against his chin and tilting slightly, he inspected the statue with astuteness, though not at the level as them.

"I overheard you two talking about secrets, and that this statue could be one of them. Have you two found anything yet?" posing them with a question that was created out of mere curiosity. Admittedly, the subject of the matter does pique his interest to a certain, small degree, for all he knows during his first year, this whole castle could be littering with all kinds of hidden things, and he hadn't even notice. From the corner of his eyes, he noticed small particles scattered on the base of the statue, they looked to be of the same color as the mold on the statue, and just recently picked out. While he does slightly disapproves the intentional picking of the mold and minor desecration of the statue, he didn't said anything of the like to them as he didn't want to begin his introduction with criticism of their actions, as it may hurt their willingness to talk to him, which is something he doesn't desire at the moment.

The Moldy Witch  Closed 

Serena frowned a bit when Marvin didn't take her hand, she quickly pulled her hand back after she was ignored to save herself from any further any embarrassment. At least Marvin managed to tell her his name, even if he was more interested in looking at the odd looking witch they were both standing around of.

"Umm...yes. It just looked odd so it might be a marker for something." Serena replied, looking back at the statue. She couldn't even read the inscription of the witch's name that was carved at the base of the statue.

It was then that another boy arrived, who seemed to be also interested in the statue they were gathered at. The boy was from Hufflepuff and was very tall for his age. He was also very thin. "It's green tint makes it a bit odd, don't you think? All the statues on this corridor are clean, but this remains dirty."

Serena smile as the puff asked her if she and Marvin found anything else yet, "Not really. I haven;t check it thoroughly yet. Maybe we could all check, three head are better than one." Serena answered. the boy. "I'm Serena Ford. This is Marvin." She didn't reach her hand out for a handshake since she didn't want a repeat of what happened with Marvin.