Corridors

Register
Sign in

A Lost Friend  PV Reyna Calthorn   Finished 

Ezekiel lazily roamed the halls of the school, at the moment he was more interested in knowing his way around better than actually doing some of his assignments like he should be. He looked at the scones on the wall, trying to add the layout of the school to his memory, knowing it would take a lot longer then he had time for to explore all of the gigantic castle. The nurses had fixed him up pretty good, just a few bruises they couldn't fix, but he was told they would heal in time. He was just glad they had allowed him out of the wing. The nurses at first hardly let him out of the hospital wing at first, but slowly they let him around the third floor, then back down to the Slytherin commons. Now finally he was allowed to explore the school as a whole, so long as he checked in with the nurses before heading back to the Slytherin dormitory. He loved being at Hogwarts so far, he managed to get onto the newspaper, and somehow, became the prefect of Slytherin. How that happened he will never know, but he was glad for it.

Ezekiel slowed his pace as he went higher into the floors of the school, smiling at fellow classmates and the occasion professors as they passed. His chest was still bandaged, but covered by his robes.

Name's Wasek, Ezekiel Wasek

Stamina: 3 Agility: 6 Strength: 2 Control: 7 ArcPower: 7 Accuracy: 5

Reyna, haven't yet figuring the layout of the castle, had taken to wandering the halls in her free time. She felt like she had a pretty good map of the castle in her head by now, but she still enjoyed walking along the corridors. There's that gold sconce that should lead to the portrait of that one pig... or did it lead to the Transfiguration classroom? In that moment, Reyna realized one thing. She was lost.

"Why is this happening to me?" Reyna muttered, going to lean against one of the walls. What she didn't know was that she was too far in the center of the hallway to make it to the wall.

The good news is that at least one part of Reyna hit the wall before she fell. The bad news is that it was her head that hit the wall. Reyna just lay there on the floor for a moment or two, muttering "Why me?" underneath her breath over and over. Finally, she pulled herself into a sit, putting a hand up to her head. Upon removing her hand, she saw that quite a bit of blood was staining her hand.

Could this day get any worse? she wondered, before immediately regretting it. You never ask if something could get worse. Ever. Just then, she heard footsteps approaching.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

As Ezekiel roamed the halls he heard a hard thud a little bit away, and of course, he started after the sound. He thought it might have been a student dropping their books, but quickly rushed over when he saw the girl, her hands tinted a deep crimson. "Hey are you okay?" He asked bending down beside her. He tried to stay calm, but it just reminded him of the library. "Are you okay to move?" He asked, the worry definite in his voice. Ezekiel was pretty worried about the girl, he had no idea how bad the actual injury was, he was assuming it was on her head, since there was some blood on the wall behind her. He groaned, first time helping a student as a prefect and they are injured, what a lovely time he was in for if this is how it continued.

Ezekiel looked up and down the hallway, hoping someone was around, but of course, it was deserted, and he couldn't just leave her here while he went to get help. Think Ezekiel, Think... He thought to himself, not having a clue what to do. He could try to get her down to the hospital wing, and at the moment, that seemed like his options, but the question was... which way was it again?

Reyna took a deep, shuddering breath as the world around her tilted slightly. She glanced towards the boy that was next to her. Okay... am I okay? she wondered, her thoughts slightly jumbled due to the fall. The walls around her blurred slightly, their colors bleeding into each other as black dots speckled her vision. She blinked quickly, her head clearing slightly, yet she still felt light headed, as if her head was full of helium.

"I... can move..." she said, her voice strangled. She reached her hand out to gingerly touch the stone wall. She slowly lifted herself up, her palm pressing into the wall and stabilizing her. However, when she went to take her first step forward, she stumbled, just barely able to catch herself before she fell.

"This headache kills," Reyna muttered, taking her free hand and pressing it to her forehead, attempting to cease the blood flowing from her forehead. Shakily, she removed her hand from the wall to cup it over her other hand, before turning to the person behind her.

"By the way, do you know which way the hospital wing is?" she asked, the fall disorienting her even more and causing her to become even more lost in the corridors of the twisting castle known as Hogwarts. Just... gotta get... to the Hospital Wing... they'll fix me up there... he probably knows the way... I'll be just fine soon.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

Ezekiel moved to the front of the girl making sure she didn't fall back down to the floor. "Are you sure your alright to walk, and that is a lot worse than any a headache." He muttered the last part, hoping she didn't hear. His voice was wavering as she asked if he knew where the hospital wing was. "Uhm, well lets see... Well its on the 3rd floor, and we are... Well on a floor. But uh which one is it." Ezekiel took the girls hand, starting to lead her back the way he had come from. I hope its this way, this girl is depending on me right now... He trailed off in his thoughts.

Ezekiel looked back to her as they started to walk. "Im Ezekiel, prefect of Slytherin house and the editor for the Slytherin paper. Um, what's your name? Do you remember?" Ezekiel paused, what a stupid question of course she knew her own name, she wasn't that out of it. He hoped. He shook his head of those thoughts. "I see your a Gryffindor. Your female prefect, Eris, she's nice. She can come off as mean sometimes though... I'm sorry, I'm trying to distract myself."

Reyna's mind took a moment to process his words. "You're a prefect? But..." she slowly backtracked and her eyes widened slightly, "You don't even know what floor we're walking on?"

Despite this information, Reyna let him lead her on. She was too discombobulated to even argue, let alone try to figure out where to go by herself. At least two people lost together is better than two people lost separately, she reflected, deciding to stick with the Slytherin.

"Ah yes... my name. Reyna. Reyna Calthorn," she said, her words slightly blurred together. She kept muttering a bit under her breath, her thoughts too jumbled up for her too keep them inside her head. Slowly, she felt the amount of blood that was staining her hand trickle down to nothing, and she slowly regained some control of her self. However, she had lost a lot of blood from her head, causing her to not entirely be her usual self.

So, when her brain tracked to the boy in front of her, she began muttering quickly, her words most likely incomprehensible from his point of view, but a part of her was certain that he would be able to catch a word or two she said here and there. "Limping a bit... probably in a fight...Prefect...Newspaper Editor...must be smart..."

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

Ezekiel looked confused at her words. "I-i just became one, I was in the hospital wing for a while so I haven't been around much... So I've been roaming." Ezekiel had a general idea of where he was, somewhere above the hospital wing, he didn't remember going down any stairs, but he hadn't gone up to many either. How did he manage to get lost, it's his job now to make sure people don't get lost. He went back to speak to her after she said her name. "Well Reyna, I do have a general idea of where we are, somewhere above the hospital wing, I think it's about three to four floors below us." He doubted his words reassured her, they didn't help him at all.

Ezekiel took a few turns through the halls, wishing he had bought that map of the school earlier even more now so. He leads Reyna through the halls, slowly heading down towards the hospital wing, hoping it was actually down was the way he should go. If it wasn't... Well, he didn't think about that, he just hoped he ran into someone who knew where they were before too long. He glanced back at her as she mumbled some of the words he had spoken.

Reyna quickly took in his words before continuing on in silence as they wound through the halls of the castle, slowly descending. In her current state of mind, Reyna couldn't think of anything to say. Normally, she wold be able to come up with quick retaliations and long ramblings, but as of now, her mind was as blank as a canvas with no color. The silence partially consumed her, lulling her into a sleep like state of mind.

Before she knew what had happened, her hands hit the wall, quickly stabilizing her as she closed her eyes, taking deep breaths. Her veins were pumped with adrenaline, and she could feel her heart beating quickly against her rib cage, threatening to burst out of her chest. "I'm okay," the Gryffindor said, raising up her hand to Ezekiel as if to stop him. "I'm okay."

Her eyes fluttered shut a moment longer before she opened them, slowly taking her hand off of the wall, stabilizing herself. At this point she could feel the thud of her heartbeat in her head, which was beginning to feel far worse than before. Hospital Wing... just get there her conscience urged her, and she quickly nodded to herself in affirmation.

"Let's... let's keep going," she said shakily, taking one step forward slowly, her toe hitting the ground before the ball of her foot, with her heel following last. Her breaths had grown slightly labored, and the time between each inhale and exhale had lengthened by a hair.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

Ezekiel listened to her words, felt her movements slow behind him. She was exhausted, he could tell. She was losing blood. His pace slowed to hers, now walking alongside her. "Come on Reyna, we are closer then I thought." He could hear the hustle and bustle of the nurses down just maybe one or two floors. Ezekiel knew she needed to stop soon. He wasn't strong but at this point, he would carry her down the stairs and likely hurt himself more and be yelled at, but she would be safe.

Ezekiel released her hand, his own now covered in her blood. He slung her arm over his shoulder, put his around the back of her neck, to keep her standing. "Just a little further Reyna, can you make it that far?' He asked, hoping the answer was yes, but knowing it could go either way, but they needed to press on. They slowly took the stairs together, hoping to make it down alright.

The nurses were getting louder as they moved closer. Ezekiel choked out some words. "All most there... Just a bit more..." He mumbled, slowly moving along as Reyna moved with him. We are so close, don't give out now Reyna...

Reyna grinned slightly, the smile curving across her lips. "Almost... there," she whispered to herself, feeling slightly better. She leaned on Ezekiel a bit, but not too much, perhaps sensing that he wasn't the strongest of people. "I think I can make it," Reyna said, her words breathy and light. Pinpricks of black were starting to appear in her vision and swim around in her eyes, and she began hearing voices that gradually grew louder. Is this it? she wondered in her delirious state as she felt the two of them slowly descend... was it stairs? Perhaps it was, maybe it wasn't - she couldn't be sure of anything in the state that she was currently in.

Her legs were quickly weakening, and she wobbled a bit s they went down the stairs. However, she managed to stay mostly upright with the help of the Slytherin next to her. Then, the voices were louder than ever and Reyna heard something that sounded like the opening of a door. Then, her body was lifted slightly up and she felt her body sink down onto a bed of sorts.

"Hey, Eziekiel," Reyna said, her eyes closed against the bright light that assaulted her eyes. "I recommend that you get a map," the girl commented, closing her eyes and sinking into unconsciousness. Before she did however, she realized one very significant thing. This boy essentially just saved my life, even though he didn't know me.

With that, Reyna blacked out, sinking into the comfortable arms of unconsciousness.
TO BE CONTINUED IN HOSPITAL WING

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor