Corridors

Register
Sign in

An Eagle Meets A Badger  PV Phedra   Closed 

Charo exited the Hufflepuff common room, a happy bounce in her step as she made her way up the stairs to the second floor. She had met loads of nice people already, at the Hufflepuff table in the Great Hall and in the Hufflepuff common room, but, of course, all of them had been in Hufflepuff. She wanted to meet people from other Houses as well. That wasn't the reason for her walk though, she was just going out to explore the castle and look around. Okay, so, maybe 'explore' wasn't the right word, she wasn't exactly going on an adventure or anything, she was just looking around.

Charo smiled at a couple of people who walked past her as she walked up the stairs, trying to figure out where she should turn and which was the right staircase. She liked the fact that the stairs moved, it made moving around way more exciting, it also gave them an excuse to be late for lessons, but after a year or so that excuse probably wouldn't work. Besides, she was in a school for witches and wizards, why would she want to miss parts of a lesson? Surely they weren't as boring as normal lessons that muggles had in their schools.

Charo finally made it to the corridor on the second floor after a bit of confusion and mistakes trying to get there. Even though she thought the moving stairs were fun, they weren't the easiest thing to use either. She looked down at the staircase as it moved away from the second floor, a second after she made it there, 'I made it!' She would have punched the air in victory, but it would make her look stupid and that wasn't the sort of reputation she was after in Hogwarts.
Last edited by Charo García on 3rd April 2018, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charo García

Stamina: 5 | Agility: 5 | Strength: 4 | Control: 6 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 6

Phedra didn't know how it happened, but she left her common room, trekked through what felt like thousands of stairs down West Tower, and found herself in the Grand Staircase, utterly lost and not at all close to the library.

Clutching four medium-sized textbooks in her arms (she had to turn around when she forgot one-- who thought it a bright idea to have Ravenclaw common room locked with a riddle?) she stared at the moving staircases, her lips drawn into a thin line. Hogwarts was massive, much more massive in person, she realized, and a sudden feeling of dread overwhelmed her. What if some magical corridor (she assumed was the culprit) acted up the next day, and kept her from her classes? What if these books became overdue, all because she got lost? She wasn't sure if that argument could excuse any tardiness. Probably not. Phedra needed assistance, and quickly.

In the corner of her eye, Phedra saw a Hufflepuff girl navigating the stairs a little too passionately. Phedra briefly wondered if she was muggle-born; any pure-blooded wizard or witch worth their salt knew of the Grand Staircase of Hogwarts and what it did. 'Do Hufflepuffs even read in their free time? But-- maybe she knows how to get there anyway,' reasoned Phedra. She wiped the scowl off of her face, swallowed her pride, and halfheartedly sauntered to the girl. Her expectations weren't high.

"Excuse me," Phedra began, her tone polite, yet insincere. "Do you perhaps know a general way to the library from here? I... did know a way of course, but as we can both clearly tell," she mentioned to the staircases. "...The school likes to change.

My name is Phedra Stavrou, by the way," she said matter of factly, then awaited the girl's reply.

Phaedra Stavrou
STA: 8, STR: 2, AGL: 10, CTL: 15

Charo stood for a moment, trying to make up her mind about what to do now. She had made it to the corridor, but that wasn't the most interesting place in the castle. However, Charo was curious to know where it led to, the only other things on the second floor was the Muggle Studies classroom and the abandoned toilets. 'That could be... I'm not sure what it could be.' She had never been to the abandoned toilets, mostly because she had never been on the second floor before, but also because a bathroom wouldn't be her first choice for the most entertaining place to go. 'Well, you're here now.'

She turned around and started walking in the direction of the toilets. Charo wasn't sure if they were actually abandoned or not, people said they were, but how can a toilet be abandoned? She didn't question it though, there must be some reason they thought it wasn't in use anymore. Charo looked back over her shoulder when she heard a voice. She smiled at the girl who had spoken, a Ravenclaw by the looks of it. Charo nodded quickly at the girl's question before thinking for a moment longer and shaking her head, "I mean, I know it's on the fourth floor, but I don't know how to get to it, like you said, the school likes to change around. I know where things are, some things anyway, but I don't always know how to get to them, it's usually trial and error for me, I imagine I'll get used to the stairs, I'm pretty sure we all will."

"It's not surprising that I don't know how to get there, my memory isn't always the best, mostly because I talk too much and don't listen enough, but also because I'm just quite forgetful," she said with another smile, "I'm Charo García, nice to meet you Phedra!" Charo was about to extend her hand for Phedra to shake, but ended up deciding against it.

Charo García

Stamina: 5 | Agility: 5 | Strength: 4 | Control: 6 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 6

"I mean, I know it's on the fourth floor, but I don't know how to get to it, and like you said, the school likes to change around. I know where things are, some things anyway, but I don't always know how to get to them, it's usually trial and error for me, I imagine I'll get used to the stairs, I'm pretty sure we all will."

Phedra's body posture fell as Charo went on. She sighed. "Fourth floor. Got it. Thanks." At least she knew the general location for next time.

"I'm Charo García, nice to meet you, Phedra!" Charo, Phedra repeated mentally. What a pretty name. And did she say, García? That wasn't a name Phedra encountered often. She made a note to ask the girl more about her family history later. Phedra could vaguely remember being taught of a wizard family by the name of García, but nothing too noteworthy.

"It's not surprising that I don't know how to get there, my memory isn't always the best, mostly because I talk too much and don't listen enough, but also because I'm just quite forgetful." Charo's chattering did not go unnoticed by Phedra, but being introverted she preferred listening anyway. She nodded as Charo spoke, observing her mannerisms and quirks. She was definitely a typical Hufflepuff in Phedra's eyes.

"So... I see you must really like these corridors. If you don't mind me asking," Phedra shuffled her books in her arms and leaned in closer, lowering her voice. "Are you exploring? And if so, can I come?" She tried not to look too eager-- Phedra was naturally curious after all. She had been waiting for an opportunity to look around the castle ever since the first day, and Charo seemed relatively capable of navigating. "I've read about many secrets and places here! It'd be nice to find some of them.

But! If you don't want to, I understand," Phedra muttered, already prepared for rejection. The boredom and loneliness being away from home was harder to deal with than Phedra expected. Might as well try to make friends, she thought, hopeful.

Phaedra Stavrou
STA: 8, STR: 2, AGL: 10, CTL: 15

Charo smiled, happy to help, even if it wasn't the most useful piece of information. "Yup, fourth floor, sorry, that's all I can tell you, the whole moving staircase thing is definitely more fun, but it makes it harder to figure out where everything is," she said, about to continue walking towards the abandoned toilets, but Phedra asked a question.

"Well, I don't exactly like the corridors, that's not why I'm here. I was sort of wandering around the castle, exploring, that kinda thing and I was headed towards here because I thought there might be something interesting here. I mean it's basically the abandoned toilets, the corridors and the Muggle Studies classroom here so I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'm kinda curious about the toilets. I still don't understand how exactly they can be abandoned," Charo knew she was talking a lot and probably not about the most interesting things, but Phedra didn't seem to mind too much, so she didn't apologize.

Charo was slightly surprised when Phedra announced that she wanted to come. Charo hadn't thought of her as the exploring type, but she didn't really know her that well. "Sure, you can come, I'm not really sure where to go, the abandoned toilets probably aren't too interesting, but we might as well check them out," Charo suggested, "If you want to," she added, not wanting to bore Phedra.

Charo García