Corridors

Register
Sign in

A Little Too Curious  PV Eri Windstone   Finished 

Quinn sighed walking down the seemingly endless corridors. Now he knew that the common room for Ravenclaw was on the west side of Hogwarts. At least that's what he was able to find out after he managed to eavesdrop on some new Ravenclaw students that were talking about where their common room was. "Now then..." He muttered quietly to himself.

Ravenclaw there symbol was an eagle and from what little his parents told him about Ravenclaw, if they were in the west side of Hogwarts. The west tower of course out of all the houses Ravenclaw is the only house whose animal can fly! Quinn thought to himself quite excitedly, So then that means their common room is most likely in that tower where the owlery also happens to be. Which if you really thought about it made sense for a Ravenclaw. That's at least what he thought, and deduced coming to that conclusion based off all the clues he was given and what little information his parents had given him.

Of course he had to be sneaky and there was also the chance that there would be people in the common room. However, that risk was worth it, he was truly curious now and wanted to see his parents old common room. Quinn set forth walking down the long corridors making his way further west. He just hoped he wouldn't get lost like he did earlier he knew based off what he could tell that he had to be close.

"...Spoke to soon, how did I end up here?" Quinn was beginning to get slightly annoyed he had ended up back near the library again!? How can I be here again!? Sighing in an irritated manner Quinn ran his hands through his deep red curly hair that was currently quite the mess. Looking around Quinn was checking to see if anyone noticed him before he attempted a third time to reach the west tower.

To fear the unknown is to fear progress, don't shy away from it. Embrace it and discover something new.

Eri had been bored and tired of being in her common room she decided to go explore. She went to her room and grabbed a bag snd put some books and her wand in it. She still could not  believe how huge this castle was. It amazed her every time she saw it.

So quietly she went through the common room. She looked out the window and could see owls flying around the owlry. The brunette looke in awe at the outside veiw from the scottish castle. The veiw from their common room was so stunning it never got old.

Eri steered herself away from the window and back towards the common room door. She opened it and walked out into the corridor. She saw a boy standing out in the corridor and she wondered why he was so close to the ravenclaw common room. Obviously he was not a Ravenclaw. So she walked over to him and smiled. "Excuse me? Are you lost?" That was the only reasonable explanation she had for him being this close to her common room. She smiled kindly at him as she tried to get him to leave the area. Not in a rude way of course she was just hoping to ask him if he wanted to go explore or if she could help him find his way.
Last edited by Eri Windstone on 3rd April 2018, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

For a moment Quinn froze in place, totally surprised by the sudden entrance of the girl. "Excuse me? are you lost?" Hearing her say this Quinn's mind began to race looking for an answer. He knew if he took too long to answer it would look suspicious so he needed to come up with something quick.

"O-Oh no I'm just exploring is all...and I'm not lost if I never had a destination to begin with" Quinn hoped this lie would hold up as he smiled, hoping that she didn't notice his nervousness and slightly falterkng smile.

From what he could tell at first glance she was definitely Ravenclaw. She had on their colors and some other items too. Maybe she would go study and he could try that door finally. But wait if she's Ravenclaw and say I solve the riddle and see the common room the probability of running into another Ravenclaw is quite high. Better to cut my losses here I don't want to get into unnecessary trouble just yet...and yet?. He began to ponder this all while he began to stare at her not noticing just how intently his staring was starting to become.

By the time Quinn realized it well he just hoped she didn't think he was too weird is all. The last thing he needed was to make a bad impression on someone. He just couldn't have that.

To fear the unknown is to fear progress, don't shy away from it. Embrace it and discover something new.

She smiled and nodded in agreement. "Indeed. You cannot get lost if you don't have a destination to get lost on the way to." The Ravenclaw girl agreed and smiled again. She looked longingly out the window. The view from the window was extraordinary. 

She could feel him staring at her and it didn't bother her. Some people when they are looking at something get lost in thought and don't realize they are staring. So that is probably what he is doing, She thinks. Her thoughts  race in her head making her more and more distracted. She didn't tell him her name so maybe she should. She looked at him. "By the way, my name is Eri Windstone," she told him. She looked back out the window.

She wiped a stray strand of hair away from her face as she looked out the window deep in thought. She wanted to go out there and fly on a broom. It would be wonderful to go and fly. It would make her feel free. 

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden urge to continue walking. "Want to go to the library with me or do you want to continue exploring?" She had no idea about where he was going but she was trying to get him away from the Ravenclaw common room.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Quinn took another gander this time looking curiously in the direction he saw her looking in. Well no wonder she was looking there the view was quite beautiful from here from here. He would be lying to himself if he didn't admit that he envied her a bit, but as his parents always said beggars can't be choosers.

"By the way, my name is Eri Windstone," Quinn smiled sighing internally. Well I guess things could have been worse, she doesn't seem to suspect why I'm really here. After that moment of thought Quinn went to introduce himself. "Well Eri It's nice to meet you. My name is Quinn Healy, and before you say it I know the name is a tad strange. But we Healy's are nothing if not modest" He placed he couldn't help but laugh at that little tid bit he had added.

"Want to go to the library with me or do you want to continue exploring?" She had asked him after he introduced himself.

"Oh well I haven't been to the library in a while and there are some books I really want to check out..." He paused for a moment weighing his options. He supposed he would have to give up on this current endeavor, but in return it seems he may have found someone who has a great love for books like himself. After that spending a little bit too long in thought he finally agreed. "Yeah let's head to the library!" Quinn exclaimed rather joyously.

She smiled. "It is nice to meet you Quinn. You are sure you want to go to the library?" She looked out the window again and gathered her thoughts. Then turning towards him, the brunette smiled and spoke. "Well, the library is this way." She started walking down the corridor and leading him away from the common room. She walked slowly still very distracted. Anything seemed to get her attention no matter how hard she tried to stay alert. She looked out every window that she passed by. Her thoughts had taken over her brain and eyesight. She snapped back to reality and continued to take him to the library.

She smiled and walked quicker so she wouldn't get distracted again. She loved the library it was her favorite place to be. There were so many books in the library and she wanted to read all of them. So far she has only read like ten or twenty. The library was huge. Not huge colossal. She could not get there fast enough to satisfy her need. She walked slowly to the first flight  of stairs they would take, since the library was on the fourth floor and they were in the west tower.

"It is nice to meet you Quinn. You are sure you want to go to the library?" Quinn smiled, "Yes I am quite sure there are quite a few books on magical history, creatures, and herbology I want to check out." Quinn noticed how she seemed quite lost in her own thoughts including the way she kept staring longingly outside. Wanting to fill the current silence Quinn decided to continue the topic of the library.

"This may sound silly but I actually plan to take up the impossible task of reading every single book in that library." He began to laugh realizing how silly he must probably sound. However, it was true he did want to attempt that feat, there was just so much knowledge there, so much he wanted to know. "Maybe after we spend some time at the library, we can go back to the owlery I've actually never been up there myself, but from what I heard the view up there is unlike any other in Hogwarts."

Quinn followed Eri down the staircase letting her lead the way. Every time without fail the vastness of Hogwarts still amazed, him filling him with wonder. "I'm sure my sisters would love this place, well that is if they have magic like me or my parents. I'll have to send those two a letter, they always get impatient when they can't see me or hear one of my stories" Quinn's face softened as he began to have flashbacks to times he would spend with his sisters.

She smiled. "That is my goal two." That is all she said. She let him speak. She began to get lost in thought again. She missed her parents but they never really sent her any letters except for her birthday. She smiled looking at the locket she wore around her neck. She held onto the golden circle with an engraved tree as she thought.

Her aunt had sent her many letters asking her about her experience at hofwarts. Like always she used a lot of details making her letters extremely long, but her aunt did not mind at all.

If the boy looked at her he would be able to tell she was very distracted. She wasn't even thinking on where to go. She knew how to get to the library without thinking at all. She had been ti the library to many times to count. It was her favorite place. A safe haven if you wanted to call it that. It aas where she could read and dissapear from reality for as long as she liked. Her favorite part was she could take the books with her if she wished to. There was a very wide variety.

She continued to lead him to the library.

By the time Quinn realized it they were already back on the corridor that lead to the library. Wow I must have been in thought longer then I realized. Quinn looked around the long corridor and then back to Eri. He noticed she was quite lost in her thoughts, and seemed to be a bit...not shy no more. Straight to the point maybe? He shrugged deciding to let it go for now.

He had to admit though, that it was refreshing finding another person with a seemingly similar curious nature as himself. "Hey you still there Eri we're almost there?" He joked laughing a bit. "You know it's a bit strange to find someone who seems as curious or more so then myself. At least that's the impression I got from you."

Now that Quinn thought about it if she had the same goal as him then that probably means she wants to know as much knowledge as possible. For what though it was anyone's guess, and even though he may not want to ask considering they just met. Her motives for doing so had him genuinely curious. In fact the whole way she acted did, he didn't like her in any sort of that mushy way like his parents love each other. Blegh. No she was a bit of a mystery and very interesting.

Quinn wanted to become friends with her out of an innate curiosity, but also because why not. No point in taking on a seemingly fruitless challenge if you have no one to show your accomplishment to or even prove wrong. Oh how he enjoyed proving people wrong.

She had been so lost in thought his words surprised her and brought her back into reality. "Huh, Oh yeah. Sorry I have been distracted lately." She couldn't help it but she had to go back into thought. She loved learning. She could never get enough knowledge. It was her life. Maybe it was his too. All she knew was that he liked to read. She smiled distractedly into space as she started walking towards the library.  She stopped thinking deep in thought and smiled. She tried to concentrate so hard on being distracted she became lost in thought again.

She must have had to much sleep last night. She could not explain her sudden distractedness she had. It had never been that bad. She wanted to get to the library so she could get her hands on a book and get distracted that way. She frowned in concentration. She almost took a wrong turn and she almost ran into the wall twice. This castle was not safe for very distracted students like herself or maybe it was the other way around that she was not safe for this castle when she was very distracted. 

So she continued walking towards the library.

Reducio
Hey want to start a thread in the library after you post cause they are really close.

"Heh, that's fine I mean you're still better than me. Back in Dublin I'd get so distracted at times that I one time ended up in Old Man O'Donnell's kitchen. Apparently no one saw me, and then I took some of his freshly baked donuts. Those heavenly, sweet doughy pastries that I lo-" He coughed flushing lightly. Quinn felt a bit embarrassed that he was sharing this with her and that he just admitted to stealing and fawning over a pasty.

"A-Anyway yeah I took them and then ran and continued my little exploration of the rest of Dublin. Worth the reprimand I received from my Dadaí" He continued noticing they were getting quite close to the library now. Quinn ran a hand through his curly, messy deep red hair slicking it back before it promptly went back to its previous jumbled mess.

"If you don't mind me asking, where did you grow up?" It was a fair question, but he did not want to come off as rude. Especially since again they only met. Logically it made sense that he would eventually ask, but some may see it as rude to suddenly ask. A lesson that he had plenty of experience in.

That was something he could think about later though, or not. Quinn stopped just in front of a door in the long corridor. Immediately his smile widened in anticipation. "Hey looks like we're here finally!" Quinn exclaimed rather joyously again, grabbing the wooden handle of the door pulling it open.

Reducio
Yeah that sounds like a good idea.