Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

The Opposite of Friendly  Finished 

Sometimes, Max was so pissed off he couldn't see straight. It was times like those that he'd usually lock himself in a quiet place until he calmed down so he wouldn't do anything stupid, like show his anger in front of an enemy or get in trouble with a Professor. Unfortunately, on his way through the corridors back to his dorm, he wasn't alone. Some dawdling Hufflepuff was also walking down the hall, looking too friendly by half... like he needed to be knocked down a peg. After his encounter with the other stupid Hufflepuff at the Great Lake - were they all so stubbornly naïve? - he wasn't feeling too pleasant towards anyone who had yellow on their robes.

"What the hell are you doing?" he snapped, recognizing a dangerous note in his own voice. He tried to tone it down, resisting the urge to shove the boy out of the way. "This a public corridor for people who are actually trying to get somewhere. If you can't be bothered to walk at an appropriate pace, you can at least get out of the bloody way." That wasn't really fair; he doubted the boy had seen him coming. But still... like it mattered. He had yet to meet a Hufflepuff who was Pure-blood. The whole lot of them were likely Mudbloods who needed to be taught that friendliness was weakness.
Last edited by Max Avery on 12th April 2018, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M. Avery
STA - 15, AGI - 4, STR - 1, CTL - 15

James had been walking down the corridors, that much was obvious. He had walked these corridors a considerable amount of times before, but never had something like this happened to him. At least not here at Hogwarts.
“What the h*** are you doing!?”
James instantly flinched. He had never cursed in his life, and he didn’t like it too much when others did it around him.
James turned around to see what angry voice was addressing him so harshly.
"This a public corridor for people who are actually trying to get somewhere. If you can't be bothered to walk at an appropriate pace, you can at least get out of the bloody way."
Another boy, first-year and Gryffindor from the looks of him, was in front of James now, seeming really ticked off at something, but James could guess that it was himself that this boy was ticked off at.
James gazed at the boy in confusion for more than a moment. What was his problem? And had James really been going that slow?
James always felt conflicted when approached by a bully - James mentally kicked himself at the thought of that word - because James always tried to be nice to everyone, but he didn’t know at what point to get angry or defensive towards them.
“Sorry…” James got out. “I am trying to get somewhere. But, I don’t think I was going that slow. Sorry if it seemed like it.”

Make a dragon in your mind and then paint it on your shoulder.
~Coming back from long absence...~
Stamina 6, Agility 6, Strength 4, Control 5, Arcane Power 4, Accuracy 5

The boy's apology only made Max feel angrier. What was wrong with the people around here? No one he knew back home would apologize like this. It was a simpering, ingratiating attitude that made Max's teeth grind together. He didn't want someone to be nice to him right now; he was looking for a fight and this idiot honestly seemed to think an apology would mollify him. He shut his eyes for a brief moment, and when he opened them his lips had drawn back into a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"You didn't think you were going that slow?" he asked softly, affecting a light - almost friendly - tone as he came closer to the Hufflepuff. "Okay, I understand. You're apologizing because, to me, it seemed like you were going slow. Which means... there's something wrong with my perception of speed. Is that it?"

He stepped closer, keeping that semi-friendly expression on his face as he grew angrier inside. "You, what, you look at me and think 'there must be something wrong with him if he thinks I'm slow.' Because that's basically what you've just said, you know? That I'm knocked in the head." He shook his head slowly, disapprovingly, as his smile grew colder and his eyes narrowed.

"If you said that to my mother, she'd string you up by your thumbs until you were crying because your arms hurt so much. Then she'd leave you there for another day. My father... ten lashes might do, if he was feeling generous." He was now close enough to grab a fistful of the boy's robes and he did so, knuckles white with how hard his grip was. "The only issue is, I simply can't decide who I'm more similar to. Should I be more like Father or more like Mother? What do you think, Flinchy?"

M. Avery

Flinchy?
This boy just called him "Flinchy"!
Max... Eve whispered in James' head.
This Max had James by his cloak, a fistful of James' shirt caught in his hand. James at first thought that Max might have just been in a bad mood, but now he knew that he did not like this boy at all! James always looked for the good in everyone, but right now, he was determined that he was not going to be walked all over.
Either very stupidly, or very bravely, James locked eyes with Max and replied boldly.
"Well, I'm sorry to hear about you and your parents, Max. I'm thinking you should be more like yourself, whoever that is, but that's up to you. For now, I'll let you deal with that on your own."
With that, James reached up with his right arm and grabbed Max's wrist. He made to pull or push it away from himself, so as to release him from Max's grasp.
Something told James that Max would take this as an invitation for violence, but if they were to fight, or if they were going to walk away from each other, James' first step either way would be to get loose from him.

Max's eyes widened marginally at the boy's response, a brief flare of satisfaction going through him at the spirited response. This was the excuse he'd been looking for. He let out a low laugh under his breath, his grip tightening on the Hufflepuff's shirt. "You're right," he said with a half shrug, his casual outward appearance at odds with how he felt inside. "I should just be myself. I don't want to be like them; that would mean there's someone out there stronger than me. I want to be worse. Much worse."

His eyes dipped down when the boy grabbed his wrist in attempt to escape, and when he looked back up again his eyes were full of fury.

"Don't you ever touch me, you filthy Mudblood," he snarled, releasing the robes and jerking his hand back like he'd been burned. In the next breath, he swung his fist towards the boy's face, not really registering what he was doing until it was too late to take it back. He dimly thought that this wasn't the ideal situation; if he got caught punching someone in the halls, he'd likely get in huge trouble and he'd be known as the type of person who lost his temper. Nonetheless, he needed to let his anger out and, in his mind, Flinchy deserved it.

M. Avery

As James touched Max's fist in attempt to get it off of him, there was a moment of sudden tenseness. 
James looked up at Max and saw him look down at their locked hands. And then, in another instant, Max looked back at James, eyes locked, and filled with fury.
He touched you first. Flare commented in James' head.
"Don't you ever touch me, you filthy Mudblood!" Max snarled, pulling his hand away. 
MUDBLOOD!? James thought. I'm not even Muggle Born! Sure, I'm Half-Blood, but... why does that word still hurt?
Deep down, James knew, but it was really because one of James' main struggles at Hogwarts so far was feeling like he fit in, having been brought up completely Muggle and without any knowledge of magic, but yet, still believing, praying, hoping that there was something else out there for him. So, in a sense, James did feel like a Muggle-Born... or a Mudblood.
When Max released James from his grip, James thought he was free to go, but that was not the case. Before James could turn away, a large fleshy mass entered into the side of his vision. And, as anyone could have guessed, James could not do anything before it made contact.
Max punched James in the face, sending him into the wall next to them, and causing him to slide down onto the ground.
Head spinning, James looked back up at Max, wiping the side of his head, which a nasty bruise was forming on the outside of one eye.
Okay. Kick that jerk out of town! Flare urged again.
James knew he was on the smaller side. He was skinny, and Max was definitely bigger, but this only reminded him of a fight between two characters he had once written a story about. Their names had actually been Max and James, and James won the fight by means of elemental magic, but James knew that in real life, right now, he could not use any spells against Max. First, because it wasn't allowed, and second, because he didn't really know anything good enough.
James put his hand on the wall next to him and stood up with it's help. He dropped his bag off of his shoulder, letting it thump to the floor, and glared at Max. He got ready to attack back, but froze. He had no idea what to do, he realized. He had never been in any actual combat before, and now, James was completely open for Max to take another shot.
Reducio
In real life, I actually have written a short story about two magical eleven year olds, James and Max, who were enemies and fought. Lol...
Also, don't go and decide to take it easy on James...

It was an odd feeling, his fist connecting with someone else's face. As often as he'd snarled at people, he'd never actually hit one of them. It hurt his fist a lot more than he'd expected, and for a second he paused to frown at his hand, flexing his fingers. Another hit like that and his knuckles might even be bruised tomorrow, ginger to the touch and clear for anyone to see that he'd hit someone. He should probably stop, but it had felt... well, better than he'd imagined. It had managed to dim his anger a little, like some sort of release.

Turning his attention from his hand to the boy in front of him, he was almost surprised to see the boy standing up again and squaring off like he thought he had a fair chance in this fight. Max shook his head slightly at how stupid that was; the kid was skinny whereas Max's shoulders had started to fill out slightly, so he had the obvious size advantage.

"You really have no idea what you're doing," Max said coldly as the boy froze up. At this point, he could do whatever he wanted; he knew exactly where to hit to inflict the most pain, even if he'd never done it before. He wasn't so angry that he'd lose enough control to kill - probably, anyway - but he needed to teach this lesson now, before kids like this thought they should stand up to him. "Your place isn't standing equal with me. It's on the the ground. Stay down."

Really, by doing this, he was doing this boy a favour; people needed to learn their place early on in life or they'd suffer later. If he made this boy suffer now, he was actually saving him in the long term. At least, that's what he told himself as he easily stepped in and delivered a swift backhand blow across one of the boy's cheeks, hard enough to knock him back to the ground. That done, he placed a well-aimed kick into the boy's lower ribs, a place that was sure to hurt and make it painful to breathe for the next few days. "Don't get back up."

Reducio
Lmao, the irony!
& alright, I won't, but it'll hurt... :sweatingbullets:

M. Avery

"You really have no idea what you're doing." Max told him as James stood back up, not quite ready to fight back.
Faster than the punch, a back hand slap came raining down on James’ face, once again throwing him to the ground. When Max had punched James in the face, it had left a dark, increasingly blue-ish mark that made James’ head throb. This time, when Max slapped James in the face, it left a bright, increasingly red mark that made James’ face sting like crazy.
James gasped with pain, but hadn’t been slapped silly, necessarily, so he was ready to get up again, until Max stuck him again, this time, not with his hand, and not on James’ face.
A strong kick dug into James’ middle, instantly knocking the wind out of him, and causing him to gasp for breath that wasn’t there. The slap had hurt, but the kick had hurt a thousand times more.
"Your place isn't standing equal with me. It's on the the ground. Stay down. Don’t get back up.”
The pain in James’ ribs was spilling up into his throat, causing him to choke on his pain as he looked up at Max, who was towering above him, looking triumphant.
James’ face was already red from the slap, but he immediately turned an even brighter shade of red in his anger towards this jerk, Max.
While James wasn’t very strong and was very skinny, there was one exceptionally strong thing about him, and that was his legs. James had always been a fast runner. He excelled in not just speed, but endurance. So, when James surprised Max by using the stone ground for leverage to spin around, striking Max’s legs with his own to sweep him off his feet, James only thought about wanting to get Max down on the ground too.

He'd thought that would be it - that the idiot would stay down and he could walk away - but apparently he'd underestimated this Mudblood's stupidity. One second he was standing there waiting for an admission of defeat, and the next his legs were swept out from under him and he was falling. He was so shocked he barely had time to process it, and he hit the ground hard, a coppery taste filling his mouth as he accidentally bit down on his tongue. He lifted one hand, eyes wide, to his mouth. Two fingers came away wet with blood.

"You - " He stared at his own blood for a second, vision wavering. That hadn't been good form at all. A choked laugh escaped his lips as he lowered his hand, looking at the Hufflepuff incredulously; it wasn't a good sound at all. If he'd been angry before, now he just felt a curious absence of anything at all. He grabbed the boy's leg and dragged him closer, then swung a leg over him so he was now hovering over top, regardless of the fact that it left him open for more hits.

"I told you - " He grasped the front of the boy's shirt, lifting him slightly off the ground before punching him in the face. " - that you don't - " Another punch. " - know - " Another, and he released the boy's shirt to use his other hand. " - what you're - " Smack. " - doing - " Smack. " - you - " Smack. " - idiot." He probably would've struck again had one of the pieces of armour behind him not suddenly exploded apart, the clangs startling him.

He realized abruptly that he was exhausted from hitting this boy, and his knuckles were bleeding from the repeated strikes. And that if he'd kept going... He didn't want to think about it. He rapidly rolled off the boy and a short ways away, panting and trying not be sick. "Get out of here." His voice was a guttural growl like he'd never heard before, as he wiped sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand, smearing blood on his face. "Go."

M. Avery

OOC Post:
Reducio
Okay... I'm having some trouble deciding how to respond to your last post, so bear with me.
Should we invite someone else to intervene or something? Because if no one else stops the fight, I don't see it stopping at all. We could get anybody, really, even a crowd, if we want. What do you think? Prefects, Head Boys/Girls, Professors, or random students would work...

Reducio
Yeah, sure! Since it's your reply, I'll leave it up to you with whoever you want to bring in, I'm cool with anything. Sorry for brutalizing James... :sweatingbullets:

M. Avery

Reducio
It's okay, don't feel  bad! It's all IC, not OOC!

James had drawn blood. Well, somewhat... it looked like Max had bit his own tongue or maybe bit the inside of his cheek when he came crashing down to the ground, which cause some blood to come forth from his mouth and stain on his fingers. A surprised and raged look swept over Max's face, and James' danger alert went off in his head. Before James really knew it, Max was on top of him.
"I told you - " Max grasped the front of the James' shirt, lifting him slightly off the ground before punching him in the face. James' head hit the ground underneath him, causing another streak of angry pain to flare through his head, " - that you don't - " Another punch. " - know - " Yet another... " -what you're - " Smack. " - doing - " Smack. " - you - " Smack. " - idiot."
Blood was dripping on the floor, and James' face felt like heck! Whatever that felt like…
James was so dizzy. His head and vision were spinning way out of control.
Max stood up and got off of James.
"Get out of here." He said, his voice sounding very dangerous and WAY past irritated, "Go."
James don’t know how he did it, but after a minute of recollecting what little of himself he could still pick up in consciousness, he stood up, staggering to his feet, swaying dangerously. Standing up, his head felt slightly clearer, and Max no longer looked like a blob of color.
“No.” James said. “You go!”
And with that, James charged forward, slamming Max into the opposite wall, punching Max wherever James could reach. Mostly in the gut or side, but James had his head ducked low, ramming into Max’s chest, dealing blows to his middle section. James’ knuckles were hurting, and he would probably faint soon, but he wasn’t going to down without more of a fight.

This... wasn't... a good situation. Max knew the second he saw the boy stand up and sway that things were about to go too far. Already had, in fact. He let himself fall limp as he was slammed into the wall, the looseness in his body helping him absorb the impact. Didn't mean it didn't hurt like a mother, but at least he hadn't broken anything. Not yet, anyway, though it could happen with the blows being dealt to his midsection.

He took the punches as they came, more concerned about his head and hands than anything. If he couldn't think, it would be bad. If he couldn't cast spells, it would be bad. Internal damage was painful and potentially life-threatening, but there were enough skilled wizards around to help him that his main concern was passing out. The thoughts flitted through his head, clear as day, while he curled his arms around his head protectively. It didn't even occur to him to try protecting the rest of himself or to grab the Hufflepuff's hands to stop the hitting. Something else was dawning on him, though.

"No," he croaked under his breath through gasps of pain, though he wasn't really talking to the other boy. He'd spent a long time being angry and had lashed out because of that, but the quality of what he was feeling now was different. He didn't want to lash out because of anger. He just really, genuinely wanted to hurt someone. He dropped one hand to the pocket in his robes as blood trickled through his clenched teeth, every movement slow and precise. He'd never wanted to hurt someone so bad. Drawing out his wand was an exercise in pain, but it would be worth it for the end result. He tipped his wand down at the person causing him pain, eyes slightly unfocused. If this naive, idiotic child wanted suffering, Max would teach him just what suffering meant.

Reducio
Okay, whoever can jump in whenever they want!

M. Avery

Michelle had gotten lost, once again, She didn't know how, maybe she had taken a left when she was supposed to take a right. It didn't matter how she got there, she was sure glad she did. The scene before her was freighting, there were two boys bloodied and angered in the middle of the hall beating the crap out of each other. She walked towards them and finally got a glimpse of their faces, there was a Gryffindor boy and a Hufflepuff boy, actually, it was James! He seemed so sweet and kind, why was he getting into fights? She shook her head, she must've misjudged his character. She paused for a brief moment, maybe she should get a professor. She decided against it, that would come after she needed to diffuse the situation, just like she did with her brothers back home when things went to far. 

Michelle watched as James crashed into the other boy and she gasped and began running if she didn't diffuse this situation soon those boys were going to kill each other. She watched as the Gryffindor boy slowly and painfully pulled out his wand with a look of pure anger.  She stopped in her tracks and pulled out her wand and began the only spell she knew, the only one she had practiced. She took a quick breath focusing her mind, began the proper movements and shouted "Expelliarmus!" A scarlet light shot out of her wand and went straight for the Gryffindor boy. 

Reducio
(fixed it) Hey there I don't know if this what you guys wanted but if you guys were actually waiting for someone to reply send me an owl and I'll remove my post. 

"There is very little cherry in this cherry soda and I do not like to be deceived," - M.L
STA: 5, AGL: 4, STR: 4, CTL: 6, AP: 5, ACC: 6

Reducio
Excited to jump in!

For once, the bold Gryffindor had a set destination. It was that time, as the week flew by faster and faster, that he had to settle on his last room for the friendly competition. He was determined to win, determined to show the blonde Ravenclaw who was the best room-finder, if that word even existed. But anyways, yes. Anatole could find the best rooms.

His little feet walked through the dusty corridors illuminated by the blazing torchlight, his head held high. Today was to be a good day, Anatole decided. Yes, he would come off with his first victory.

Apparently, Anatole had jinxed the whole notion of having a good day. In front of him, there lied a Hufflepuff, on the cold stone, another Gryffindor hovering above him like a satellite. His eyes were trained, focusing on the boy's every move. The boy's wand was synchronized, honed on the Hufflepuff like a dangerous laserbeam, about to burn a hole through his skull. [Anatole didn't notice the girl.]

For an elongated moment, Anatole stood there, wide-eyed, unsure of what to do. Of course, his first instinct was to jump in and cease their physical bickering, but he didn't want a wand shoved down his throat. That would be awfully funny, but it was a silly thought. Would he just spit spells out of his two lips, all muffled and such? Anatole burst out in laughter at the idea, not even thinking about what the boys would do about the snickering.

If the two boys looked in his direction, Anatole shut his trap. This was a serious situation, no time for lollygagging. He nodded, approaching the two and keeping his head down. Play it classy.

"Excuse me, but do either of you mind if I ask what's going on?" He raised an eyebrow, pensive as to why there was blood all over the two, especially on the Gryffindor's shaky knuckles.

"Dancing with fine women and ruling equally fine castles."
The Lord of Advanced Summoning, Anatole Evans
STA:14 AGI:7 STR:4 CTRL:5
  Back