Corridors

Register
Sign in

The Slip Up  PV Reyna C. & Marissa N.   Closed 

Sure this wasn't exactly part of his duty, but he did it anyway. Sometimes he found it hard to keep track of time when he was studying and he's cut it close to curfew in the past. So Reid went around on his after class hours reminding people in the different rooms that they had only a certain amount of time. It was a little tedious and he was sure he'd end up not doing it after the next two months, but hopefully it would make his job easier and the student's lives easier too.

Plus, he didn't have to catch someone so engrossed in a book in odd places of the school past the curfew time. This time he was heading to the History of Magic classroom to make sure that it was empty before he moved on. He made it a mission to never go around Hogwarts in his dress shoes after getting the worst blisters he's had in a while. But what he didn't take into account with his canvas shoes was that he had no traction and often tripped on his laces anyway.

The snow that the students tracked into the corridors had created a minefield of water on the cobble floor, one that he wasn't fully aware of. But that was really about to change as the Head Boy's power walk caused him to sleep on a rogue puddle. "Agh!" Feet first and flat on his back, the boy groaned as he rolled over slightly to rub his back. There was pain and then there was the pain of embarrassment that caused his face to go as red as a tomato. He pushed himself up to a sitting position with his hand still to his back, this really sucked.
Last edited by Serena Towers on 30th March 2018, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sic parvis magna.
STA: 3, AGL: 5, STR: 9, CTL: 4, AP: 3, ACC: 6

Reyna had been finishing up her studies when she had chosen to go outside for some fresh air before curfew hit. She had brought some of her materials with her, a quill, a small inkpot, her notes, and some parchment. May as well finish up some homework while I'm out there... she thought, before rounding a corner. She had been looking at the portraits when she heard footsteps, a thump, a strangled cry, then finally a groan. Reyna picked up her pace to see Reid Kovacs, the Head Boy of Hufflepuff, lying on the ground while holding his back, his face as red as a cherry.

"Are you... alright?" Reyna said, torn between concern and trying not to laugh. She bit her bottom lip in an attempt to conceal her laughter, but a chuckle still slipped out. After that, Reyna was done for. She started full out laughing, clutching her stomach and finally taking taking deep breaths to calm herself. "Do you need help getting up?" Reyna said after she finally regained control of herself.

She hadn't been expecting to see anyone else on her walk outside, but here the Head Boy was, lying on the ground with his face as red as a strawberry and holding his back. "What were you even doing?" Reyna said, curious as to why he was out and about this time of day.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

Marissa was daydreaming, like always. This time she was thinking about James and Claryssa, wondering how their week and lessons were going. A couple of close friends, Marissa would consider them. She daydreamed about what Care of Magical Creatures will be like. Thinking about what would happen in the lesson, in her mind which made Marissa slightly more anxious.

As she walked down the corridor, Marissa heard some distant talking. As if almost instantly, she shyed away. She did not like strangers, it was always awkward when they first met, especially if she was on her own. She did not recognise any of the voices, but realised one of them fell as she heard a thump. She perked up slightly, wondering who had just fallen over.

Finally making it close enough, she saw Reid sitting on the floor with a red face and Reyna laughing beside him. She wondered what they were doing together, Mari had never met these people before so she automatically thougt they were friends. She shrugged and continued to walked towards them.

As she finally came up to the two, she smiled shyly and waved to both of them. She awkwardly stood a tiny bit further away, wondering what had happened to the Hufflepuff boy.

M. North

It was bad enough he had gotten sore over such a fall, but the blow to his pride was seeing someone standing there to witness the tragedy. It didn't seem so bad as the Gryffindor got closer, she seemed like she was here "Yeah, I'm f-" Wait was she laughing? Reid looked up at the brunette with a slight bit of skepticism and confusion. He frowned slightly, it only lasted a second before the young boy let out a slight chuckle too. She looked familiar; this was the girl who pelted him with a snowball. "Help? Nah, I think I'll stay here. It's pretty cozy, cold and bloody brutal on my back. Bit better than that snowball you hit me with." he retorted jokingly. He never forgot his enemies! Snowball enemies.

Despite his sense of humor, he was still burning up like the sun and did even more so when he a fellow Hufflepuff had seen him on the ground. Way to represent your house, Kovacs. Still, Reid shakily got up and stood with a slightly bent posture. The pain wasn't so bad after he got past the limb stretching and the release of pressure on the points. "Well to answer your question, I was going to start telling people that curfew was in an hour or so, before I just - oh, hey there." 

He smiled as the girl came over just a ways and waved at them, Reid beckoned her to come over in return as an invitation. Why not? He didn't really see what was the problem with meeting someone who seemed quite timid. Ever since he came to Hogwarts, he hasn't been so afraid to talk to new people as much. "Don't worry, I don't think you'll trip like me." he jokingly assured the Hufflepuff girl.

sic parvis magna.

The snowball I had hit him with... Reyna thought for a second, before a trigger hit in her brain. "Oh! Yeah! Sorry about that," she said, scratching her arm, "I guess I just kind of got caught in the heat of the moment..." She grinned slightly, remembering how he had face planted in the snow after her snowball hit him in the chest and how another snowball had hit the back of his head.

She watched as he stood up shakily, slightly shifting his weight so that it was evenly distributed. "You sure that you're okay?" she said, slightly concerned. Then, she saw his gaze land on someone behind her and Reyna turned around to see what he was looking at. It was another Hufflepuff, who seemed quite shy. "Heyo," Reyna said, waving a hand at her before turning back to Reid. "Well, if curfew is in an hour, I better get outside while I can," Reyna said, smiling slightly before shifting the items in her hands and moving forward at a power walk. However, she did the exact thing Reid had done - she slipped and fell.

"Argh!" she yelled out, a strangled cry. She felt the ink pot slip out of her hands.No... don't you dare fall... Reyna thought, reaching out for the bottle in a feeble attempt. Somehow, she managed to catch it in her hands before it hit the ground, successfully preventing it from exploding all over the place. Now Reyna was the one on the ground, groaning as she slowly sat up, pressing the heel of her hand to her forehead, feeling a slight headache starting as heat rose to her cheeks.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

Laughing was easy and it came easy, not laughing was as hard as it was to not breathe. So when the girl took the tumble, a slight noise that seemed like a whimper came from the young boy. His cheeks puffed slightly as he slapped a hand over his lips. It quickly died and his hand came up to swipe the tear that formed on the edge of his eyes. Before he did, he looked at the Hufflepuff student and flashed a nervous smile. "Uh - excuse me ..."

He probably should help her and thus went over to the fallen student, "I think I should ask one of the Professors to help keep the cobble dry." What quickly followed after his placid expression was a trouble look; it looked quite painful. It felt so easy to get bruised by the cobble, he was still feeling an inconvenient numbing buzzing upon his back. But perhaps she had a more steely resolve and frame to be as soft as he was. He couldn't help but be impressed with her reflexes as well, it was a catch he'd never be able to make. Coordination wasn't his thing and he didn't give himself too much hope in it being his thing anytime soon. 

"With that kind of catch, you'd be a pretty good Quidditch player I think. Keeper, maybe." he lightheartedly quipped, holding a hand out to her. Two for the floor and none for the unfortunate students who fell to its dastardly clutches. Well they were both in it now, it was only a matter of time till - wait. While his hand was out, he glanced back towards the Hufflepuff student in slight fear that she would be the next victim too. 

sic parvis magna.

"Quidditch? You clearly must want Gryffindor to lose then," Reyna said, grinning. She grabbed his hand and pulled herself up to her feet, stumbling slightly in the process."I may be good at dance, but I have completely terrible hand-eye coordination," she commented, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. She rubbed her shoulder a bit - it had taken the worst of the fall. Caught in his green eyes for a second too long, Reyna glanced away quickly before it got awkward. He's kinda - argh no SCHOOL. DANCE. Priorities Reyna, priorities.

She quickly pinched her arm, before plastering another smile on her face. "So, you go around telling people that it's curfew? Is that a part of the Head Boy's job or something?" Reyna asked quickly, stumbling over her words the way she generally did when she got nervous. She quickly ran over what he said, before carefully choosing her next words. "And yeah, you probably should ask a professor to keep the floors dry."

She went to lean against a wall, folding her arms comfortably across her chest. "By the way, my name is Reyna," she stated, sticking out her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you...?"

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

It was good to know students in the school had a sense of humor, one that he actually appreciated in awkward moments. He caught her slightly longer than usual gaze, causing him to raise his brow as she broke it. His hand rubbed his own arm, specifically the elbow that had gotten the brunt of the shock. 

The stinging was no more than a numbing buzz that annoyed him rather than made him want to tear up again. In all honesty, he had held in some tears earlier to save his pride and possibly save some face while he was at it. He didn't have the swagger that some kids had in this school, he seemed anything but smooth and a little less refined. 

But thankfully he was in the presence of someone who didn't seem to notice his awkward stance, it was hard to diminish the rosiness on his cheeks. His hand ran through his hair and nodded at her question with a lopsided smile. It was his job in some ways, well not really. Reyna, it was an awfully interesting name.

He's never heard of it and it kind of reminded him of comic book character he read before. The boy slipped one hand into his pocket and stuck the other one out to shake her own. "That's a cool name. Reid, nice to meet you." he beamed, releasing her hand shortly after.

He heard some rapid footsteps and whipped his head around to look over his shoulders. He waved the free hand to get the fast approaching students down the Corridors. "Hey, slow down!" His voice was awfully loud, much louder than It was their choice if they slowed down or not, he told them after all. The attention drew back to the Gryffindor, "But no, in all honesty, I just go around because I don't want to find people in parts of the castle that didn't know it's curfew. Saves me and them the trouble."

He thought it would be a good gesture towards the students, plus a way to stay busy after class. His hand fell to his side a near second later, "You said you did dance? Like ... ballet?" His voice came out a little more timid at the end, one that was unsure of what he was saying. Ballet was a dance right? But he didn't know if that was even proper.

sic parvis magna.

"That's really nice of you to do that for everyone," Reyna commented, brushing a stray piece of her hair behind her ear before smoothly tucking her arm back into the folded position. "And yes, I do indeed dance. I do ballet mainly for core, but tap is really my thing. You know, shuffles and paradiddles and all that jazz. It's... incredible to hear all these different sounds and stuff come out of your very own feet like rapid fire, helping shape the song and add an entirely new song to the one already playing and-" Reyna was about to continue on, but she realized that she was rambling before she continued.

"So Head Boy, huh? That must've been pretty cool to find out," Reyna said, a grin playing on her lips. "So what else comes with that job, besides yelling at everyone?" She had heard rumors that the Head Boy and Girl got more privileges than the prefects, and she was curious about what came with the job.

A part of Reyna had always wanted a role as a prefect or as a Head Girl, but she knew that it would be far too much responsibility as a first year. Or any year, for that fact. I'm sleep deprived enough as it is Reyna thought jokingly to herself, and her eyelids grew heavy even at the thought. Quickly Reyna pinched her arm, refusing to fall asleep in front of Reid. I probably shouldn't have stayed up the last three nights Reyna reflected, feeling sleep's hold on her cause her eyelids to flicker over her eyes and her to fall into the wall, practically sound asleep.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

Reid found comfort in letting conversations like this flow, ones where he didn't have to talk much and someone could ramble on. He found no issue in it, especially when it came to things people were passionate about. It let him fall into a pace where he just had to listen and comment, he rarely found any issue with the dynamic at all. Reid had a lot of questions though, like what were 'paradiddles'?

It sounded cool, but it was hard to guess from the name alone and he wouldn't get his answer since she cut herself short. He beamed slightly at her question, widening into a grin as he found himself amused by the assumption. Well, yelling was one. "A pin, access to the prefect's bathroom, and this cool thing called responsibility." He slipped his hands into his pocket, arching his brows as he kind of noticed her eyelids fall ever so slightly.

It didn't strike him as odd, but it looked like someone who was about to sleep. "But it's fun, but I wish I could get more sleep. It's not always fun being out late at -" He was about to finish when he noticed that the other party was about ready to just take a power nap. Reid rushed forward, "Oh -" The first thing he did was snatch the inkwell and nearly slammed into a wall from the speed he went at.

He grunted as he used his hand to catch himself and use his shoulder to slightly catch the Gryffindor. Who would have thought someone could fall asleep standing up? "H-hey ..." he struggled, moving so that he could use his arm to try and help ease the girl to a sitting position if possible. A look of concern flashed on his features as he moved to crouch in front of her.

He glanced around, no one seemed to have noticed. There was a tinge of amusement in his voice, but most of it concern. She must have been really tired to be like this. A lot of the students worked hard after all, he saw a few sleeping in odd places and even in the library. "Hey, Reyna? Hello? You shouldn't be sleeping here." he softly spoke, snapping his fingers slightly. Would she wake up? What if she didn't? Well the cobble didn't hurt that bad and he wouldn't want to leave a fellow student asleep on the ground. 

sic parvis magna.

Darkness engulfed Reyna as she slept, and she felt like she was floating in a thick, black ocean that entirely consumed her in comfortable silence. Although it felt as though she was being floated through an ocean, she could somehow still breathe. It was calm, it was quiet, it was relaxing. Then, a strange clicking sound broke the quiet. It wasn't consistent, and it had no observable pattern. Reyna's brow furrowed as she tried to identify what the sound was. The water seemed to thin around her, and the noises became far clearer. She heard her name.

Reyna, on instinct, lashed out, and she felt her hand, which was clenched up in a tight fist, narrowly brush past fabric. Her eyes opened next. Her pale blue eyes, that somehow seemed full of warmth landed on the boy in front of her, who looked concerned. The next thing Reyna did is pull her hands over her mouth in shock, nearly hitting the boy again as she retracted her hand. She was momentarily confused as to who the boy was and where she was. Then, it clicked into place, like the last piece of a puzzle locking in inside her head.

"Oh my god Reid, I'm so sorry" the girl said, the panic setting in. I just fell in sleep in front of the Head Boy and tried to hit him. My lord, if I don't get in trouble for this, I don't know what will get me in trouble, her mind thought, going a million miles a minute. She churned up several ideas in her head of what she could say if she got in trouble. Nothing usable came to mind, no convincing excuse popped up in her head.

"Uh... um," Reyna stammered, her mind blanking. Slowly, she rose to her feet. Her heart felt as if it was about to shoot out of her chest. She had no clue as to what to do to keep herself out of trouble. Instead of doing the reasonable thing, such as staying and apologizing to him, she panicked. She ran.

The stone walls blurred around her, the occasional torch that was here and there becoming a blurred orange glow to her eyes. Turn the corner she urged herself, for she was coming up onto a fork in the path. A far too long moment of hesitation caused her shoulder to hit the corner and for her catch herself on the wall with her hand, causing a stinging to radiate on the palm that was touching. Her palm was minorly scraped up, nothing serious, but as of now, it stung like all hell. She bit her tongue to distract herself from the pain in her shoulder, which practically seemed to radiate through her body. It was more of a... numbing pain rather than a sharp, stinging pain. It was far less hurtful than the fall she had just taken, but she got the feeling that the bruise would last for quite a while and be quite the pain for her later on.

Your obedient servant,
Reyna Calthorn
Year 1 Gryffindor

The reaction caused him to jerk his head back, personally startled at the speed that she even lashed out. But he couldn't blame her after seeing her just fall right asleep against the wall, he'd lash out if someone found him like this. Yet every time he ran into a student, it seemed like he was getting the most oddest responses. Although a lot of them had such strong guilt whenever something bad happened. It worried him and made him wonder if he was that scary or hard to approach. Was she okay? It wasn't that big of a deal, right? Even if she did manage to somehow sucker punch him or slap him, he didn't think he'd get mad. 

Sure he would get dazed and probably get annoyed, but in the end it was something she didn't mean. From the impression he's had so far, she wouldn't be the type to let such a thing go either. That seemed to prove true as she shot up faster than he expected. He raised his hand slightly, "Wai - Reyna." But she already sped off to leave a confused Hufflepuff teetering on the heels of his shoes. Reid sucked in his breath, his brows furrowing and his eyes narrowing as he stumbled to stand up. 

Clearly it upset her and he wasn't one to let things go either; unless she told him to bugger off. The boy didn't bother brushing his trousers as he followed after the girl, long strides that translated into a power walk as his arms swung on each side. "Reyna!" he gritted. Reid winced as he barely spotted her hit herself against a wall, that had to hurt. But even then she just kept going, fast and resilient, now that was someone he would never want to go toe to toe with. 

But Merlin's Beard she was too fast for him, she could probably rival Sabrina in a race. He was slow and always lost against anyone who even challenged him to such, so the real trouble was even keeping up with her. Why bother though? Well it bothered him a lot, it was stupid to say that it bothered him that she was bothered. Nevertheless, he didn't want to leave Reyna thinking she did something terrible. She acted like a convict on the run. 

Reid sharply breathed as he ran faster, finally finding himself not too far from the Gryffindor. "Reyna - wait, you're so fast. Merlin's Beard I can't breathe." he wheezed, coming to a jog. He tapped a quick hand on her shoulder rather than potentially startling her even more by pulling. "H-hey, look ... nothings ..." He walked backwards just beside her, the pacing awkward and misshapen. 

"You're fine, I ... I wanted to tell you nothing's wrong. I really don't care about what you almost uh - did. You're not in trouble, okay?" the boy reassured, still heaving a little. It was embarrassing he was even so winded, maybe he should run more. "There's nothing to worry about."

sic parvis magna.