Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

Evening...  Closed 

The sun's magnificent tangerine colors drenched the floor with its hue. It was gorgeous outside at sunset, yet Anatole was still inside, breathless, his pace still slightly heightened. Was there even a cool place here? One that Adam might not find? He doubted it, but there was nothing like competition.

Sweat gracing his brow, Anatole leaned against the wall, catching his breath. His face was red and he was close to exhausted. It was growing nighttime, and almost time to sleep. Sounded great to Anatole.

The sun grew even lower in the sky as the boy cleansed the sweat from his forehead. "Where is everyone...?" Anatole thought out loud, the Corridors silent. Maybe they were eating, or talking with friends Anatole didn't have. Part of him grew curious to where some of the people from his earlier conversation had gone.

Every now and then he still felt the slap of Claryssa's blonde hair.

Was that creepy? Anatole hoped not...well, if he told anyone they would think that was creepy. So he kept it to himself.

Suddenly, he flinched at the sound of approaching footsteps. He straightened his posture again once he recognized who it was. Maybe they might not notice he was dying inside from all the running. At the first sight of blonde hair (thinking it was Marissa), Anatole smiled at her, calling out and waving, "Hey again!"

"Dancing with fine women and ruling equally fine castles."
The Lord of Advanced Summoning, Anatole Evans
STA:14 AGI:7 STR:4 CTRL:5

Evening...  Closed 

Clary hummed quietly to herself, wandering along the corridor with no exact destination in mind. A few days had passed since her visit to the infirmary, and she'd been loaded down with work she'd missed on a variety of lessons. Of course, being a Ravenclaw, she'd managed to recover quickly, only now finding herself with enough free time to take a leisurely stroll without the impending anxiety of an essay being due on the three types of potions: mental, physical, and environmental! The corridors were eerily empty at this time of night, and she realized with a jolt that most people were probably finishing up with dinner in the Great Hall and heading back to their common rooms. Apparently, she was a peculiarity, wandering the hallways of the second floor that was far off from her home in the West Towers.

The blonde slowed, smiling softly to herself as she recognized a slightly misshapen set of armor up ahead, remembering the very moment when she'd first encountered, or rather ran into, the energetic Hufflepuff girl named Rosie in this hallway. After successfully knocking down the set of knightly armor with her amazing grace, the two girls had managed to re-assemble it, if a bit awkwardly, and it now stood tall once again, its left arm a bit crooked at the elbow hinge. She made a note of the location, deciding she'd bring Rosie back later if they wanted to reminisce about the past, and froze, hearing a voice call out to her up ahead.

"Hey again!" The voice called out, evidently male. The sound reverberated across the hallway and she paused, twirling around quickly to scan for any other inhabitants in the room. It wasn't really a voice she recognized. Could it be Kaegan? Cameron? Lucas? James? Evan? She scanned her memory, trying to identify the voice when she finally spotted Anatole leaning against the wall, looking a bit like he'd just been chased through a marathon. 

Clary wandered up to the boy, an eyebrow raised, and replied, "Hi, again? Didn't think you'd be quite so ecstatic to see me."

Claryssa North, Ravenclaw First Year ~ memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1506

Evening...  Closed 

Marissa was daydreaming, like always. This time she was thinking about the boy and girl she met at the grounds earlier on in the week. James and Ava, a couple of interesting people. She daydreamed about what was said in their interactions and what she could possibly changed to make it better. Replaying their conversations in her mind made Marissa slightly more anxious, always a what if.

As she walked down the corridor, Marissa heard some distant talking. As if almost instantly, she shyed away. She did not like strangers, it was always awkward when they first met, especially if she was on her own. But then she recognised her twin sister, Claryssa’s, voice. She perked up more and skipped towards the voices.

Finally making it close enough, she saw Anatole leaning on a wall with a red face and Claryssa standing nearby. She wondered what they were doing together, last them they were together it seemed like Claryssa wanted to rip Anatole’s throat out. She shrugged and continued to walked towards them.

As she finally came up to the two, she smiled and waved to both. She linked arms with Claryssa and gave her a tight squeeze, a special hello. She gave a polite nod to Anatole and smiled.

M. North

Evening...  Closed 

Kaegen had been following The girl for the past 20 minutes or so. Always one step behind. He had been practicing walking on the hard ground, and figured he might as well follow the first person who was headed somewhere on their own. He had been trying to not be found, and so he hadn't been found. It had been harder, but he was satisfied with the result. It was nice to know that if necessary, he could avoid detection, even on the stone and wood floors of hogwarts.
That was when they heard the voices, turned the corner. It was that girl he had run over, claryssa. He hoped that she wasn't still mad at him, he had carried her to the infirmary, but it had been his fault that she had to be carried in the first place, so He wasn't honestly sure if she was mad or not.
Stepping out from behind The girl, Kaegen gave a tiny little wave with his hand. "Hi" And then he turned and looked at the girl he had been following. He had to know if she had just been pretending to not notice him, or if he had actually managed to stay hidden.
"Did you notice me following you?"

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Evening...  Closed 

At first the boy was not-so-pleasantly surprised by first seeing Claryssa, rather than her sister that he expected to see. Then that feeling was almost doubled noticing another Ravenclaw he had never been introduced to before. Maybe he was one of Claryssa's friends? Well, could he be a jerk just like she was to him earlier? Either way, he wasn't happy about this encounter.

His face cooled as he felt the need to reply to Claryssa. "Yeah, just happy to see a North around here, you know! The two of you are so nice!" Anatole pretended like he was expecting to see Claryssa. "Who's your friend?"

Of course, he expected her to say 'Oh, it's my friend I know from my house.'

Instead, he said, "Did you notice me following you?"

Okay. So then maybe he was a stalker and could also be mean? Ugh, Anatole's mind hurt from all the options.

He approached the man, passing through the orange-tinted windows, his small hand outstretched to shake as usual. "Anatole Evans, Gryffindor. Pleasure to meet you." He looked up into his eyes with a smile. Hopefully he wasn't creepy.

As Marissa came up behind Claryssa, he smiled and nodded. Aha. That's who he was looking for.

Evening...  Closed 

Anatole seemed a bit more delighted to see her twin, as Marissa wandered up right in the middle of their conversation, offering Clary a bit squeeze on the side of her arm. She offered a quick smile and nod of her head at her twin, informing her she promised not tear at Anatole's throat and raised an eyebrow at his words. "From the strange expression you're giving me, it's pretty evident you mistook me for my sister, but I'm glad you two are getting along now," Claryssa replied in Anatole's direction, a bit amused at the fakeness of his expression.

She twirled to the side, Mari still in tow, and noticed Kaegan approach, feeling a bit of conflict on how she should react. The kid was strange, that was for sure, and although they'd had their disagreements and mishaps in the limited time they'd known each other, they still had a sort of strange alliance of friendship ever since the fire ant and booze incident. Plus, Kaegan had never meant to run into Clary when fleeing the woods, and he'd managed to get her back to the infirmary in one piece, so, although the kid may seem a bit strange, or perhaps, very strange, he still had a good heart. "Hey, Kae." She returned his gesture with a smile and half-hearted wave of her own, raising her eyebrows at his words. 

"Why exactly were you following my sister?" She couldn't find it in herself to be mad. It was Kaegan they were talking about, after all. The kid was just full of curious surprises.

Evening...  Closed 

"The floor, I needed practice. So, did you notice me? I want to know if I did it right."
Kaegen looked over at the girl he'd been following. It would be pretty disappointing if she had known the whole time. He had even shushed his pets. Tried his hardest. And when Kaegen tried his hardest to not be found, it was almost impossible to find him. Some might say it would be impossible. Hiding had taken up most of his childhood. Hiding, and being quiet went hand in hand, the creatures came second. Then came anything that interested him.
A drop of red liquid hit the ground, coming from inside his robe. He didn't seem to notice as he kept thinking, looking for a better answer than the one he gave. It did seem rather quick, but he just hadn't wanted to give a long one. Talking didn't really come naturally to him, he had to think about it.
"Did you sense me at all?" Well, that was worse. He had asked another question instead of answering the first better. Giving up on giving a better reply, he just looked at the boy. Kaegen didn't think he had seen him before, had he? It didn't really matter, he would find out eventually, and the matter wasn't all that pressing.

Evening...  Closed 

Anatole just casually retracted his hand, supposing he didn't want to shake it. From Claryssa's earlier comment addressing the boy, he thought his name was Kae. It was almost as if he completely ignored him and asked Marissa these awkward questions. Yes, he wished he could help her out, but he didn't want to make a mountain out of a molehill. "I suppose she might not have, since I didn't notice you until you stood beside them? If that makes any sort of possible sense?"

Yes, he was also good at being awkward. His eyes drifted back over to Claryssa, who he felt uncomfortable calling her by anything but her full name. "Oh, and...yes, actually. I originally did mistake you for Marissa, if I remain honest. But, yes, we are all on good terms now and it makes me more than happy." Yet another lie. He still felt extremely uncomfortable around both North girls, especially with their stalker friend who was dripping with...uh... pomegranate juice (he did not want to consider the more morbid option on this first year)?

Anatole cleared his throat and motioned to the male Ravenclaw. "And speaking of being on good terms, I hope we can get to know one another better...Kae, isn't it?"

Evening...  Closed 

Marissa shook her head at rhe stranger. She did not hear a sound, which she found very confusing. The boy was a little bit taller than her, as Marissa was quiet small for her age group. She had no idea who he was, which was weird as he was talking to her as if he knew her. Then it finally dawned on her, he might think she is Claryssa. She and her twin sister were not completely identical, they wore their hair differently most of the time.

Turning back to Anatole as she unhooked her arm from Claryssa, she waved and smiled again. She did not have much to say today, so all she did was action and little mimes. This would be fun. She motioned for the others to join in the group chat, which was weord for her. Maybe Marissa was finally growing in confidence? Better not jinx it, keep doing what you are doing. She focused out her daydream and olayed with her robes, waiting for someone else to break the awkward silence. Maybe Claryssa knew the boy who folllwed her, maybe. She wondered what his name was and why he followed her, Marissa found it slightly creepy.

M. North

Evening...  Closed 

Clary resisted the urge to scoff at Anatole's lies. She believed the truth about the Mari mistake. Although the sisters weren't identical twins, they were still sisters and both shared the same characteristic blonde hair and striking blue eyes, though Mari had a somewhat fairer skin tone while Clary was slightly tanner than her sister. No, the lie was the fact that they were all on 'good terms' now, a fact he knew was far from the truth by the wary expression on his face. She frowned as Anatole shifted uncomfortably back and forth, wondering what had happened to make him so unhappy. After all, she'd only been mildly hostile or rude to him once, and he and Mari seemed relatively friendly with one another. 

She raised her eyebrows at Kaegan's comment, noticing his expression screaming that he was suffering from social interaction. Glancing in his direction, her gaze flickered to one of curiosity as the red liquid dropped onto the stone floors of the corridor. It was getting late, and Clary had no time for Kaegan's antics that day, but something told her she didn't have a choice but to get involved. Of course, she shouldn't assume right out that the liquid was blood. Based on the way it dripped, perhaps it was just some new type of elixir or drink to feed one of the many creatures he carried around, tucked in jars and pockets concealed in his cloak. "...Kaegan, are you alright? What's that liquid?" Her eyes narrowed at the drop of red liquid, tossing her friend a concerned look.

Evening...  Closed 

That boy wanted to get to know him better? Know what about him, exactly?
He nods quietly when the boy asks him if Kae was his name. He didn't really care what people called him, Kae worked just fine.
"Yeah, I'm fine." He looked down at the slowly growing puddle, and sniffed a bit. Looking back up at the group, he quietly confirmed what at least some of them had probably been thinking.
"It's blood."
He looked at the three other students, trying to sense their thoughts but quickly realizing that wasn't a power he had. Like, not even close. Not even kinda. He had no idea if they were happy right now, or sad or angry or anything. They where just there. He could normally do better than that. Maybe they were just hard to read. That was alright. He tried to come up with a topic to talk about, and settled on weather. No one really talked about it much, and he would like to see what kind of weather these people liked. You could tell a lot about someone by what weather they liked.
"What is your favorite kind of weather?"
The attempt at conversation would have been lame had the voice not been hard to hear. As it was, people normally focused more on trying to hear the words, and less on what the words were. It was one of the few pros to the way Kaegen talked, and a pro he wasn't even aware of.

Evening...  Closed 

Anatole instantly recoiled at the mention of the blood. Apparently everyone wasn't picturesque at this school. Thankfully, Anatole wasn't covered in blood himself.

But then, he grew a little curious. If this world fought with magic, why would there be blood? Anatole was much less angry, more confused.

He looked at Claryssa, who seemed much more calm and collected somehow. They were friends, most likely. But how could Claryssa be associated with this...Kae? Maybe he wasn't oh-Kae...

That was bad, he regretted thinking a pun.

The whole corridor seemed completely silent as the sun continued to go down. The windows cast an eerie shadow against Anatole's cloak as he exchanged another nervous glance with Marissa.

Sometimes, he wondered what she thought, fiddling with those buttons. Was she all secretly judging us? Or hoping for something? Also, what did she think about her sister?

Once again, he would like to get her out of her shell. Maybe Rosie could help too, just maybe. They would make a good team, if they got a bit away from Claryssa, maybe? Agh, he didn't know.

"My...favorite kind of weather? I, personally, am fond of snow. Not blizzard-like, just a mild snow." It felt awkward, and he wanted to escape...but it maybe, he could get Marissa to feel more comfortable. He smiled, looking at Claryssa with a surprisingly pleasant smile. "Anyone else?"

Evening...  Closed 

Clary glanced curiously at Kaegan, unsure of how her friend had managed to get into a 'bout of trouble this time around. Shaking her head slightly, she winced at the mention of blood, smelling the metallic tang that wafted up into the air around the four students in the corridor. Considering how Kae seemed relatively calm, she assumed the blood wasn't his, or at least not to the point of a major injury. However, the fact that a small puddle had begun to accumulate was a cause for her concern.

Clary was momentarily distracted by the question: what was her favorite kind of weather? She'd always preferred cloudy days, never finding them too bright or too dark, but figured that'd sound a tad bit depressing. Sunny days were nice, but sometimes the sun grew overly blinding and the air was too hot; then everything was just uncomfortable. She finally settled on the answer of rain. "Rain, I guess. It's never too hot or cold in the rain, and there's something fun of just running around while everyone else is hiding insi- Wait, why am I completely ignoring the pool of blood on the ground? Kaegan, what the heck did you do?" 

She stared at her friend with wide-eyed concern, surprised Anatole had barely batted an eyelash, aside from the initial expression of repulsion that had slipped onto his face. Her gaze flitted between Kaegan, Mari, and Anatole with concern, silently pleading for someone to explain what was happening.

Evening...  Closed 

Marissa stood there daydreaming, not really knowing what was happening around her. She sometimes did this, where she would travel off to some other world in her head and forget about the one she was standing in. This time Mari was daydreaming at a Basilisk egg, she read about how easy they were to make and that she could do it with ease. But she knew it was illegal.

Mari snapped out of her daydream, looking at each one of them with an confused expression. She saw the pool of blood forming be Kaegan, she eyed this suspiciously. Whos blood is that? Is it mine? Or is that weird boy’s standing there. What was his name again? She even forgot his name in a matter of seconds, congratulations Marissa.

Pulling her attention back to Anatole, she motioned snow. Sprinkling down onto the floor, she motioned this by using her hands, wiggling her fingers slightly. She giggled at the thought of how silly she must have looked. She did not really mind, she knew most of the people around her expect from the boy covered in blood. He still freaked her about a bit, especially when he did not answer about why he was following her.

M. North

Evening...  Closed 

He looked down at the growing puddle, a bit surprised that she would ask that.
"I cut myself. I'm trying to attract a creature that got away from me. If something jumps on top of you, take off it's hat."
He looked back down at the puddle. It wasn't that bad, and he really had to get this thing back. Stupid creature. He had found it last night, in the forbidden forest. He had gone back, alone this time, because he was generally bored and wanted something to do. It reminded him of home. But he brought that thing in here, and it got away, and one thing led to another, he was now standing in a puddle of blood waiting for it to try and beat him to death.
"Yeah, I like rain. It seems so peaceful. But kinda sad at the same time."
Kaegen loved thinking in the rain. It was perfect weather for thinking about things. He suspected that whoever made rain designed it to be contemplation weather. "Do you guys like rain?" He asked the other two standing there. He was actually a bit surprised that claryssa liked rain. He had her figured for a partly cloudy. Oh well, it wasn't like he was especially good at things like this.

Back