Register
Sign in

2 Dec 2018, 01:08
Sitewide Announcements and General Updates
To all Site Members:

As of today I am officially announcing my retirement from from HiO. I adore this site and I have found it very hard to make the decision to leave. Please note I am leaving because of no negative reason at all. In fact I have rather gone back and forth in my decision throughout the past month, but I have settled. I have learned some much, about writing, roleplaying and site management than I ever would have thought possible from this site, and I will never forgot the people I have met here, and hopefully I will be able to stay in touch with you. However I think it is time for me to take what I have learned here and begin applying it to a project I have been personally working on for many years. This is something that means quite a lot to me and I believe I have the knowledge now to create a beautiful thing. Unfortunately, I simply wont be able to divide my time while giving each the devotion they deserve.

For those of you who are looking for an IC reason for Adelaide's departure, feel free to take a look at her Encyclopedia page. There you will notice she is actually a mother of twin boys whom she has abandoned in fear of commitment. Due to the recent newsworthy events surrounding Hogwarts and the interview Adelaide and other Professors had with the Daily Prophet writer, Magda Fleischer, Adelaide's name was published in the Daily Prophet. This lead to the father of her children tracking down her whereabouts and pleading for her to come home to her children for them to grow up with their mother around. Remembering her own somewhat absent mother, she was persuaded to return to her children.

10 Mar 2019, 01:56
New Professor of Runes

As we are all well aware, Adelaide Ayers has left our school to pursue other ambitions. We wish her well in all of her future endeavors and she will be missed. It was not easy to replace Professor Ayers and the Professor Team scoured the world to find an eligible candidate, finding such in Iceland. Please welcome Béatrice Lydursdattir, your new Professor of Ancient Runes. A graduate of Durmstrang, she brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience.

As for out of character, Professor Lydursdattir has been an experienced and dedicated moderator that is well-respected and liked by those she has served with and for in the past. We are very fortunate to have Professor Lydursdattir. Please make her feel welcome.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

31 Mar 2019, 03:58
In another day PETS will be open to one house, the House that has earned the House Cup for the month of March as well as the top three House points earners regardless of their House. This will open on April 1 to the winning house and these three students as we are entering the public test phase for this new system. If all goes well, on May 1 this will be extended to every house.

As such we are posting the following preview: [Link]

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

2 Apr 2019, 00:42

The Blossom Ball has started today.  Keep an eye on the Campgrounds for potential surprises.

25 Apr 2019, 20:29
Changes in Staffing

Elaine Seaborn from Charms and Aoi K. Risa from History of Magic have stepped down from their positions as Professors here at Hogwarts due to numerous, time-intensive real life obligations. Both were valued members of our team and both will be greatly missed. Please tell them how much they are valued and appreciated, Hogwarts will always have a place for them and they will continue to be members of our community .

In addition, Sebastián Cazarez our Head of House for House Ravenclaw has been less than available as of late due to health issues. Sebastián has been an amazing contributor to the community and we hope that resumes once he is feeling better but for now he needs to take care of himself. Please wish him well.

Be on the look-out for applications for these positions as I will be posting such shortly. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself or anyone on staff via owl or DM if you use Discord.

30 Apr 2019, 22:47
Pet System is Open to All!

In a few minutes it will be the month of MAY. Our pet system is now open to everyone, please refer to This Link if you would like more information on our newly released Pet System. If you have any questions, please contact a Head of House and they will try to answer your questions.

11 May 2019, 21:39
Quidditch

For those interested in Quidditch. The beta game between Slytherin and Ravenclaw is starting. So Quidditch players look at your locker room. Spectators and curious users, feel free to view the roleplay portion in the Quidditch field. If you wish to take part in the game as a viewer, you can make a new thread adjacent where you watch the game with your friends if you so wish to do so.

Have fun, good luck to both teams.

16 May 2019, 18:08
New HOH For Ravenclaw

It is my pleasure to announce our new Head of House for Ravenclaw Barnaby Ryker. Barnaby has been a valued member of our player and staff community, dedicating himself to a lot of the site and system development as of late including the Quidditch System as well as the Dueling System and the Race/Ability System that will be released in the near future. I am so proud of his accomplishments and I feel so fortunate that I will get to work with him in his new role. 

Please thank/congratulate Barnaby and wish him luck in his new role. 

Opening Applications for Professor of Flying

Due to Barnaby's departure from the Professor Team, we have a new opening -- Professor of Flying. Applications for this role will remain open for the next week. Please submit your applications to any HOH in addition to myself.

16 May 2019, 22:20
New History of Magic Professor

Welcome our new Professor of the History of Magic: Zahid al-Benghazi ibn Masoud. The user behind this character is a talented role-player whom has shown their dedication to the community with their hard work, great attitude and their input on the development of several of the systems this site will be enjoying in the coming months. 

17 May 2019, 18:26
New Charms Professor

Welcome our 'charming' new Professor of Charms Artemis Vernatis. We are very excited to have this player, this user while newer than our History of Magic Professor, has made a positive mark on the community already. The user behind this character is a talented role-player whom has a great attitude, is very interactive with the community and their application shows a skill for teaching that I am excited to see in practice. 

So please give our newest Professor a very warm welcome.