Classroom

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Gallery  Artist at Hogwarts

@Illowy Magnard

that is seriously cool. How did you carve those tiny veins in the wand? Is it actual wood carving? The tiny veins look like they're a part of the rose on top -- which also looks amazing for a first try. The paint really sells this as a dark rose.

For a speck of constructive criticism, the middle could be a little firmer and face upwards as the center of a rose is typically coiled, as seen above ^
but the outer petals look absolutely perfect. I could totally imagine this being Illowy's wand!

~overall GOOD JOB AND DON'T UNDERSELL YOUR EFFORTSS!!! it looks hard

~standing in the eye of a storm~
strength: 6 | agility: 10 | control: 4 | stamina: 10

I'm gonna take that as a huge compliment that you think its all made of wood ^-^ I'm not quite that skilled though, I just used a wooden dowel, hot glue and some acrylic paint.

So the lines that look like veined are actually creases in glue and also marks from my fingerprints. I know the rose looks a little rough, the center was the hardest part and I couldn't get it just right fast enough sadly.I should've practiced a bit more in the center of it before jumping in. But the entire rose is made from hot glue and I used my fingers to form them. (thank god I have server hands else i might've just chopped off my fingers).

I think the next time around, I'm gonna opt for a slightly longer wand, or at least a longer handle, so that I can try to round out the rose a bit more at the bottom so perhaps it'll look a little more fluid? I'm not entirely sure yet. But I think my first attempt came out pretty good!

I was told I was dangerous. When I asked why, they said, "Because you don't need anyone." That's when I smiled.
stats | Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 9 | ArcPower: 7 | Accuracy: 7 |

I'll drop some character art I did here and some star wars weapons I designed back in school just for fun then ; )!!
and primrose wand..

- 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓂𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝐸𝒹𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈

@Primrose Edwards

Oh my gosh, I love your art style! What program do you use, and do you use a drawing tablet? Your style would look great for a comic. I'm thinking about drawing my own artwork to for my character but I'm saving for a drawing tablet. I've been thinking about tracing my pencilwork by taking pictures and then changing it into digital art that way.

@Jovie Kern
I use Clip Studio Paint and wacom Tablet!
I actually did Game Design for 3 years so my goal used to be working within art so it makes me super happy to hear that it looks good !!!
That's actually a pretty solid method, I'd also suggest not being afraid to throw in sketches and practice your line-art skills either : ) !!

- 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓂𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝐸𝒹𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈

@Jovie Kern

Was it game design in high school or college? Whichever, they taught you well. I'm self-taught but I haven't drawn much in a while (I would show you pictures but my phone is dead). Would be interested in drawing my character? I'll pay for it!

@Jovie Kern
I believe it'd be High School level in terms of american systems etc? It's called Gymnasie here however!
Yeah I studied it for 3 years and I'm forever grateful for what they taught me!!

Currently I actually have an injured wrist, I fainted and may have some cracks- so until I get an ok from my doctor this monday I can't really accept anything just in case, however my Commissions tend to go from 20 to 70 dollars once I get an ok c: !

- 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓂𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝐸𝒹𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈

@Primrose Edwards

Sorry about your wrist, I hope it gets better soon. What are the usually prices for your commissions on certain things? Like headshots, portraits, full-body, no color, things like that?

Guys, you can always continue this conversation in owls. Otherwise we need to go back pages to see the art~ :D

You're gonna need a bigger boat

STR.5 AGI.10 CON.8 STA.7

I return..with a primrose I drew for an rp i need to write

- 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓂𝓇𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝐸𝒹𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈

Merlin’s beard you guys are so good!

We are alive! WE ARE FREE!

IT TOOK SO LONG never again

The biggest thing you can say is 'elephant'
Stamina: 9 | Evasion: 5 | Strength: 11 | Wisdom: 6 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 8

John Laurens with a pride flag and a turtle. Because I felt like drawing John Laurens with a pride flag and a turtle
(It’s not that good but whatever)

Honestly, why do people judge? People need to learn to accept. To look past race, gender, age, sexuality, and appearances. To be open-minded. To give people a chance. To rid their hearts of hate and learn to love others for who they are. That is my wish.

@Vivienne Montgomery So cute <3 And with Anthony Ramos, too!

The biggest thing you can say is 'elephant'
Stamina: 9 | Evasion: 5 | Strength: 11 | Wisdom: 6 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 8

Thanks! And yeah whenever I draw musical characters I always base them off the original cast

Honestly, why do people judge? People need to learn to accept. To look past race, gender, age, sexuality, and appearances. To be open-minded. To give people a chance. To rid their hearts of hate and learn to love others for who they are. That is my wish.
  Back   Reply