Classroom

Register
Sign in

Escaping the Crazy  Closed 

Reducio
This is mainly a private with Dakota Parker but others are welcome

Kyden was quite possibly the smallest student in the castle. He was definetly the smallest boy and most of the girls were bigger than he was. That made him the best target for bullying from the boys. Mostly the Slytherin boys of course it was just his luck that he was in Slytherin. He made his way to the abandoned classroom on the fifth floor he had found. He started coming here when he needed to escape the craziness that the other Slytherin boys unleashed on him. He knew he didn't belong in Slytherin but that's where the Sorting Hat put him and that was were he was stuck. He went to the far back corner it was were he could make himself harder to see because of the way the tables were in the classroom.

He sat down on the floor and opened up a book. He had all his homework done and so he decided to read a muggle book that his friend at the Orphanage had sent. He flipped it open to start but he just couldn't get his mind to calm down. He wish he had other friends. Sure had the 1 or 2 Slytherin girls but he didn't want to spend his whole year with just friends that where girls. He knew there was know way in the world any of the Slytherin boys would befriend. There was the one Dmitri that was nice but Kyden could tell he preferred to be left alone.

He slammed the book down frustrated and then froze when he heard a noise. He sat very still hoping that some of the Slytherin boys that teased him hadn't found the one sanctuary he had in this castle. He wanted to peak around the tables and look but that would give away his hiding spot.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

Dakota had finished most of his homework, the boy having a big smile on his face as he walked through the halls on the fifth floor, holding a bag of leftover cookies that he had managed to briefly microwave so that the scent of freshly baked cookies would return to them. He sighed to himself softly, enjoying the smell and continuing to walk, the boy looking down at his robe briefly. A few days ago he had managed to get a new robe after his previous one had gotten burnt, a cheerful smile appearing on his face from the thought. He didn’t even need to go buy a new one with the leftover money he had, his mother instead getting out of her way to buy him a robe, which oddly smelled exactly like a bakery...His house smelled like a bakery so he wasn’t surprised, but appreactive that his mother somehow made the scent cling to his garments. 

That was when he heard the loud slamming of a book, which caused him to jump up in the air, the first year fournately not dropping his cookies. He seemed hesitant for a moment but then thoughts began to flood his head on how there was a possibility that someone got knocked out with a book or even worse!....Someone fell to their doom! It was totally possible-espeiscally in a big ol’ creaky castle like this! That was why he couldn’t stop himself from springing forward and entering the classroom he heard the noise echoing from.

“Hello?...” Noticing that there was a boy sitting down and no harm that he could spot, he relaxed, but the frown remained on his face-why was this kid alone? It couldn’t be because he was a Slytherin, right? Even though he had plenty of bad experiences with Slytherins, he didn’t necessarily hate them. “Hey there...are you alright?” 

You would not believe your eyes, if ten million fireflies~

Kyden jumped realizing somebody had spotted him. He looked up to see a Gryffindor boy. He sighed. "Oh yeah I am just peachy." He looked at the boy again. He sighed and gave a half smile. He didn't want to come off rude after all he wasn't like all the other Slytherins. He motioned that it was okay for the boy to come over and join him.

"I am fine. It has just been a really rough and trying day. I come here when I am avoiding my tormentors. If I was lucky and had been sorted like I thought I would be then I could easily just go to the common room to escape them but no I was sorted into Slytherin and since so are they that is were I am screwed."

He sniffed the air realizing he was smelling cookies. "Hey do you smell cookies. I'm Kyden by the way." He moved over making room for the Gryffindor boy to sit next to him on the floor. Sure they could sit in the chairs but if they sat in the chairs then they were in full view of anyone who walked past. Kyden looked at the boy again. He thought this kid might make a great friend. He wasn't much bigger than Kyden but he was still bigger than him but that wasn't saying much pretty much anyone was bigger than him.

Dakota couldn’t tell if the Slytherin was being sarcastic or not but smiled regardless, taking a seat next to him without much hesitation. He didn’t seem rude one bit, even if he was a tad bit more wary around Slytherins, this one seemed harmless-but he wouldn’t say that out loud, being judgemental in any way wouldn’t help the situation. Being a good listener, Dakota quickly took in the boy’s words, processing it through his mind at a rather fast pace, it not taking long before he finally responded. “Oh, I get you completely, and don’t worry, you’re not alone-I have tormentors too.” He spoke in a compassionate, soft way-for once his voice being above a whisper, “They are mainly my brothers but I’m sure they can tell the other Slytherins to pile up on me, fournately they aren’t in my year so our schedules are different.” He let out a sigh of relief, “And don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I’m better than you, I’m just saying that you’re not alone-I mean at least you never got your leg nearly burnt off. Oh, but where are my manners-nice to meet you Kyden, I’m Dakota Parker!”

He chuckled softlly even if the memory of his robe getting lit on fire was a bit to uncomfortable for him to discuss, the Gryffindor deciding to distract himself by opening the bag of cookies he had. “Oh yeah, I forgot I had these, want some? I didn’t just make them today but I made sure they stayed the exact same way when I took them out oft he oven!” Inside the bag was at least a dozen cookies, all of  them of different varieties, “I was going to have some but we can share-after all, I can always make more!” Dakota wasn’t sure he had ever talked this much before, he had only really talked to people because they were the ones to start the conversation first-today it was different. “In fact, I’m thinking of starting a Baking Club, you should join-it’s for everyone regardless of how small or strong they are!” Dakota set the bag between them so they could take cookies whenever they wanted, “And I’m not saying that you are small-don’t worry, I’m not gonna tease you! I’m small too-I’m surprised that I even found someone who is smaller than me! I guess that makes us one in a hundred here!”

Kyden laughed. He could tell Dakota wasn't sure what to think of a Slytherin that wasn't like the rest. A Baking Club. That could potentially be a lot of fun. Though he didn't really know how to bake. "Trust me I am not like the other Slytherin's you don't have to be scared of me. If your brother's are Slytherins and in a higher year then they are probably some of my tormentors to."

He took a cookie that Dakota handed him and took a bite. "mmmm wow these are amazing! How did you learn how to bake. Man I wish I could bake like these then I would never go hungry!"  He smiled at the boy again. He could see them becoming great friends.

"So tell me how are you liking it here at Hogwarts? Do you have a favorite class yet? I really like Charms its the best. I am not the greatest at Defense against the Dark Arts but I am doing better at least. My first assignment was horrible." He stopped talking. He was rambling. He rambled when he was nervous. He wasn't sure why he was nervous but for some reason he was. He took another cookie and took a bite.

Dakota huffed out softly, "Don't worry, they are going to be graduating soon, fortunately!" He exclaimed, letting out a relieved sigh from the thought. It was either that or his brothers were going to get in extreme trouble with the professors to the point they had no choice but to leave everyone else alone. He then waited patiently for Kyden's opinion on his cookies, looking quite eager to hear it. 

Once he heard his words, he grinned and clapped his small hands together, looking quite excited, "Thank you so much! And my Grandma taught me how, I often went to her house so I could escape the wrath of my brothers." He admitted, rubbing the back of his neck briefly, his cheeks turning a light red in embarrassment from the thought.

"And Hogwarts? Well-it's cool if I'm being honest! I mean who could think that places like this exist? It's literally way to good to be true!" Dakota exclaimed, looking around the classroom briefly and smiling to himself, "My favorite class is Potions so far-the colors absolutely amaze me! Plus my professor's really nice so that's a plus!" He responded, before taking out a sugar cookie and biting into it. "Don't worry about it Kyden, either way you'll graduate from Hogwarts in no time!"

Kyden looked at Dakota for a minute before speaking. "The best part of Hogwarts is the secret passages and believe me there is so many of them. I have already found 8 and I keep finding more. It is really easy to find them if you know what you are looking for."

Didn't let out the fact that he used the secret passages to get away from the tormentors. That was something he chose not to share just yet. You could never be to sure on who would betray you. "So your a Gryffindor. How do you like it? Gryffindor is the house that I thought I would be sorted to but for some unknown reason I was sorted to Slytherin. The one house that I am the total outcast and opposite of and that is the house I am sorted to."

He picked up his book he had slammed down and fiddled with it. He wasn't sure what else to say. He didn't want to sound mean or hateful. He really enjoyed being in Dakota's company. "Maybe do you think that you could teach me how to bake like that? I would really enjoy it. It seems fun." He didn't care that it would be one more thing for him to be teased about.

Dakota tilted his head curiously, “Passages? Can you show me one sometime? I’ll bake you a whole batch of cookies if you do!” He exclaimed, looking quite eager from the sound of secret passages-he would have to look for them one day. Dakota then listened to another one of the boy’s questions, it taken a little longer to respond, “Well...actually I do like it!” He decided not to rant about it to much because of Kyden’s desire to be in that house, “However, don’t worry about that, I actually wanted to be sorted in Hufflepuff with my best friend CarMine. He likes his name to be pronounced separately instead of together, pretty cool right? Unfournately, I don’t see him that often but we do meet up in one of the abandoned classrooms sometimes.” 

He explained before getting back on topic, “Anyway, now a month later, I feel like I belong in Gryffindor. There are so many famous wizards who believed they didn’t belong in a house but...in the end they accepted it! And they fit into the house perfectly after all! So don’t worry about it, it’ll turn out well in the need I assure you.” Dakota said with a reassuring tone before adding, “And of course I can teach you how to bake, what kind of a friend would I be if I didn’t? I meant we are friends, right?”

Kyden laughed. "I don't think I will ever belong in Slytherin but it is what it is. I can't get anything changed. Trust me I have tried. I even wrote to the Headmaster! Sure I know a passage that can take you from right outside of Gryffindor right down to the Potions Class room with all the twist and turns and chances of getting lost!"

He looked at Dakota. The boy had just said they were friends. Where they friends? Kyden really hoped so. This boy had instantly changed his mood from irritated and done with everything to, well to happy and hopeful. Kyden wasn't sure how Dakota could be so upbeat with brothers like his but he was and it was a much needed change.

"How do you even find time to bake with all of our classes and homework? I mean I am even doing homework on the weekends when we have no classes. It's crazy I never thought that we would be this busy in school. It's really quite fun though. I mean to think of what the end product for all of us. It's kind of crazy if you think of it." Kyden smiled at Dakota.

"Well, I guess it's rude for the Headmaster go against the Sorting hat's decision, plus, it would probably be unfair if everyone got to choose their own house y’know?” Dakota said politely, only saying what he believed. He then laughed softly before grinning, “Great! That means I can bring cookies to my Potions  teacher!” Dakota stated with an excited tone, his hands clapping together. He then tilted his head curiously when Kyden mentioned how he found time to bake, one of his eyebrows raising confusingly. “What? It’s easy! I just do my homework and then I bake.”

He stated, not understanding what Kyden meant. Whenever he was bored, he finished his homework, he completed two or three a day, so it wasn’t much of a struggle to find time. Plus, he didn’t really hang out with his friends as much as expected, although he’d like to. He was quite antisocial, he was more antisocial before he came to Hogwarts, and now was trying to find a way to become more social, instead of sneaking off to the kitchens to bake for all the Gryffindors. “Well, I usually just go to the Kitchens when I have time-honestly, and thanks to the house-elves, I’m allowed to bake!”

"Well I think its rude for the Headmaster to go against the Sorting Hat but that is not what I wanted. I simply wanted one more time to try on the hat and see what it had to say. If it said Slytherin the so be it I would be okay with the decision. However I just wanted to know that I really do belong in Slytherin and a mistake wasn't made you know."

He nodded as the boy spoke. He guessed it wouldn't be that hard to fine time to bake. Kyden was just a little surprised that he was allowed into the kitchen to bake. "How do you manage to get in the kitchen? The house-elves let you in?" Kyden was easily amazed with all the happenings of the castle so much of it was so different than the orphanage.  Even though it was a wizards orphanage there was many things that the children who lived there were not exposed to. Muggles for one thing. Kyden just so happened to meet his very first muggles here at Hogwarts. They weren't very different and Kyden was also amazed to know that they also were not as scary as the Orphanage director said they were.

Dakota nodded softly, “I can get that, you just want to be absolutely sure, that makes sense.” He  then grinned a bit, “And don’t worry Kyden, you’re not alone, I’m sure that we all wanted the same at first. I mean, being first years-are mind does wander every now and then.” He agreed, leaning back against the wall and staring at the ceiling for a moment. He then glanced at Kyden, and nervously rubbed his arm, “Well, it’s a bit funny to be honest. My grandmother who went here when she was younger was quite a...role model. She was one of the prefects and even got into N.E.W.Ts! And she often visited the kitchens to check up on the house-elves, she even taught one of them some baking tips.” He chuckled softly, “I guess she convinced them enough to let them into the kitchens-of course with the exception that I bake something monthly for all of them. Not that I mind of course, after all, sharing is caring.”

He winked at Kyden playfully, “And with some practice,  you’ll find baking quite easy, I just know it! Although it may get messy....just warning you. It’s not for people who want everything to be perfect because on the first twenty tries you may burn your creation.” He stated.

He nodded listening to Dakota speak. "I see. Well then your Grandma must have been a very well liked student by the Elves. I have baked a few things but I am not the best. Maybe you can help me be a little better."

He smiled quickly. He liked hanging around Dakota. He was a nice kid. You could tell he really belonged in Gryffindor. Kyden could only hope others saw him as he saw Dakota. A nice caring person. "It can't be as hard as it seems to be bake. I mean can it? I think what makes it come across as really hard for so many of us wizards is the fact that it doesn't taste as good if you use magic. You know what I mean."

He looked around realizing that the room was slowly growing darker. It was about time for the students to head down to the Great Hall and eat. Times like this was when he kind of hated the fact that he was expected to sit at the Slytherin table. He would love to go down and sit with Dakota so they can talk more about baking. "So then when should baking lessons begin."